Verizon Wireless

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tacoma, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was a lengthy and multi-step process including: online assessment, phone interview with HR, in-person interview with hiring manager, background and credit checks, and drug testing. The process took nearly 6 weeks.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard situational and behavior based questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Counter-offers were not accepted by the district manager.

Birmingham, AL

The process took a day - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the store manager for a phone interview. The interview lasted for an hour and it included gneral conversation followed with star questions. Advise to offer make sure you have the job desciption when during interview because you want to appear knowledable about the postion.

Interview Questions

Rapid City, SD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2009.

Interview Details – Extensive "behavioral" interview. They ask questions that require you to provide an example (of a time when...), what you did (or how you reacted), and the outcome. Prepare a lot of great examples of times when you overcame objections, dealt with difficult people, were given a project you were the 'leader' of, and the like. They absolutely do not want generalizations, like, "what I like to do when someone objects to a service I am offering is.." but rather, "I had a customer that said they did not want to spend any more money than what it was going to cost for x item..(example of a time..). I realized that I failed to provide a great enough value, and this gentleman happened to work at x company, and explained to him how much time it would save him to get this as well (what you did to overcome it), he decided to get it. I made the company a little bit more money and got more money toward my sales quota (the outcome)!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had difficulty with a coworker. What did you do in this situation, and what was the outcome?   View Answer
  • Give me an example of a time when you were the leader of a project with other people. What did you do and how did you manage your team? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. They give an annual raise based on your performance that is a pretty good percentage of your current salary. I did have an employee negotiate himself out of the 12 month probationary period for getting a promotion from Customer Service Rep to Sales Rep within the first 5 months of his working there and he was given the Sales Rep position.

Assistant Retail Store Manager

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

Interview Details – This was an internal interview , started with phone interview because it was an out of state interview, usually if your an internal candidate a get a phone interview it means there were alot of applicants and you did not meet the cut for a face to face. Then there was a face to face be sure to have a 30-60-90 detailed business plan and a couple of cpoies available for interview. Also its a good idea to get sales stats and operational audit score for store you are applying to. Make sure you know your numbers for your current store and the store your appliing to. Remember to do an immediate thank you letter and you will get the job most likely.

Interview Question – If you have a toolbox full of tools and were asked which 3 tools you would bring with you each day to work, what would it be?   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless Assistant Retail Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.