Verizon Wireless

Employer Engaged

Verizon Wireless Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview Questions

3.5

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The hiring process was okay. I sat in front of a board of ppl and was asked multiple questions. Pretty prepared to be able to speak to the business…..needed 30 more words but i don't have anything else to say about this company! i just think it was an okay experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

2-3 interviews

None

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Been years since i interviewed however they will ask you to sell them a pen? about situations where you went above and beyond to help someone out? situations where you needed help and how you went about getting it? Why choose you for the job?

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

I was contacted by the store manager for a phone interview. The interview lasted for an hour and it included gneral conversation followed with star questions. Advise to offer make sure you have the job desciption when during interview because you want to appear knowledable about the postion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2010.

Great! Was very behavioral based on questions, and decent company to work for, they were respectful, but cared about making sure they found the right person to fill the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2009.

Extensive "behavioral" interview. They ask questions that require you to provide an example (of a time when...), what you did (or how you reacted), and the outcome. Prepare a lot of great examples of times when you overcame objections, dealt with difficult people, were given a project you were the 'leader' of, and the like. They absolutely do not want generalizations, like, "what I like to do when someone objects to a service I am offering is.." but rather, "I had a customer that said they did not want to spend any more money than what it was going to cost for x item..(example of a time..). I realized that I failed to provide a great enough value, and this gentleman happened to work at x company, and explained to him how much time it would save him to get this as well (what you did to overcome it), he decided to get it. I made the company a little bit more money and got more money toward my sales quota (the outcome)!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had difficulty with a coworker. What did you do in this situation, and what was the outcome?   View Answer
    • Give me an example of a time when you were the leader of a project with other people. What did you do and how did you manage your team? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. They give an annual raise based on your performance that is a pretty good percentage of your current salary. I did have an employee negotiate himself out of the 12 month probationary period for getting a promotion from Customer Service Rep to Sales Rep within the first 5 months of his working there and he was given the Sales Rep position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2009.

The hiring and interview process was a lengthy and multi-step process including: online assessment, phone interview with HR, in-person interview with hiring manager, background and credit checks, and drug testing. The process took nearly 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard situational and behavior based questions   Answer Question
    Counter-offers were not accepted by the district manager.

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

This was an internal interview , started with phone interview because it was an out of state interview, usually if your an internal candidate a get a phone interview it means there were alot of applicants and you did not meet the cut for a face to face. Then there was a face to face be sure to have a 30-60-90 detailed business plan and a couple of cpoies available for interview. Also its a good idea to get sales stats and operational audit score for store you are applying to. Make sure you know your numbers for your current store and the store your appliing to. Remember to do an immediate thank you letter and you will get the job most likely.

Interview Questions
    • If you have a toolbox full of tools and were asked which 3 tools you would bring with you each day to work, what would it be?   View Answers (2)