Verizon Wireless Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

3.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Took about a month to get through all the interviews. Started with hiring manager, then phone interview with GM (store manager) then district and finally director. District Manager normally makes the call on hiring your though. Hope this helps!

Interview Questions
  • Questions on how you would handle different retail scenarios such as conflict among direct reports.   Answer Question
No negotiation partaken. Offer was more than reasonable.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Typical phone Screen. Then a few weeks later you will have a interview with a store manger. If that goes well you will then interview with a area manger. Do research and have some sort of tech knowledge of the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Its behavioral or STAR based questions be prepared to have specific stories and examples. They need to be customer and sales focused.   Answer Question
    None

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

STAR format
    Strong emphasis on past experiences
    Examples of situations which there was a positive outcome, a negative outcome, or no change.
    Difficult employees or managers and how it was handled

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you did not agree with the company's initiate, how you deliver the results and get your employee buy in   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

Be ready for a serious of questions regarding different situations and how you dealt with them. They range from handling escalations to making the right decision when not having the support for a project. Leading a project and explaining the course of the outcome.

Interview Questions
    Was able to get an increase in pay for commuting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2010.

Internal applicant,
    First met with District Manager,
    Then with store manager
    then with human resources

Use STAR format where questions are conversational but require you to "tell me about a time"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to complete a task, what affect did it have and what did you do?   View Answers (2)
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2010.

Interviewed with the store manager and district manager. Consisted of a 2 hour sit-down meeting with both of them asking me questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most difficult work problem and how you solved or overcame it?   View Answer
    • Why do you think you would be successful in this job?   View Answer