Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Your standard "tell me about a time when..." Very hard and dry, not comfortable at all. You have no idea how the interview is going. I think the behavioral interview questions are necessary, but there should be a little time afforded to get to know the interviewee a little.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

One on one interview

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2013.

A high level technical interview was given in person and some questions about java were asked. No code was asked to be written and no code was presented during the interview. A few days later HR called me and gave me a 1 hour interview about my background. An example questions: "What is encapsulation?" "What are the data types in Java?"

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised to face a phone interview by the HR department after the in person interview. The HR person asked me a lot of questions like: "Tell me a time when you had to over come a challenge".   Answer Question

Took a different offer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

The interview was truly a cinch. I was hired basically on the spot. It was fairly informal, and I pretty much had to nod my head abd smile like a good corporate lackie. I would suggest going in prepared because although my interview was a breeze, ive heard that most people who get hired go through a painstakingl difficult process in securing the job. For some reason the position is heavily applied for, and the recruiters milk it.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated my base figure because I never settle for the first offer. Youre not doing yourself a favor by desperately jumping at anything they offer you. Learn this lesson because it will benefit you in life.

Device Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

After applying online I received a phone call about 2 weeks later, it was an on the spot phone interview with someone from corporate. After passing the first round, I was advised they would pass my info along to the store manager to interview. Took about a week then I got a call from the manager, interviewed later that week with Store manager and another manager. They asked typical questions why do you want to work for VZW, describe a time when..., they strongly encourage you to go to school online if you are in school to meet the demands and needs of the business. After the interview they said it would be about a week or so to know if I did or didn't get the job. About a week on the dot, I received my offer, asked if I could think aobut it for an hour or so and call them back because I was taking a pay cut to get this job, but I knew VZW was a great place to work and the opportunities are endless and it would look great on my resume nonetheless, so I called back and accepted the offer. I had 48 hours to complete my drug test, the background check is very very thorough, whatever is on your resume and the application that you filled out must be exact, the background check agency they use will call you and ask for documentation if anything is not right, if there are too many errors you will not get the job. Verizon is very anal about stuff like that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, what they offer is what you get, take it or leave it. There is an opportunity to receive an end of the year bonus

Global Enterprise Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

Two phone interviews with Director; one-on-one in-person interview; followed up by group/panel interview with 4 folks - two in current role and two directors including a customer role play presentation. Subsequently followed up by an in-person executive Interview. People perception - very professional. Interviews questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • During the presentation/role play to the customer, I was asked how I would cover the customers wireless communications needs in out of territory locations?   View Answer

Retail Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2008.

It was easy to apply online. The online site made it easy to get to what you were looking for. I applied for the retail customer support role and was contacted a few days later for an interview with the store manager.