Verizon Wireless

Updated Nov 6, 2014

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Global Enterprise Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

Two phone interviews with Director; one-on-one in-person interview; followed up by group/panel interview with 4 folks - two in current role and two directors including a customer role play presentation. Subsequently followed up by an in-person executive Interview. People perception - very professional. Interviews questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • During the presentation/role play to the customer, I was asked how I would cover the customers wireless communications needs in out of territory locations?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Your standard "tell me about a time when..." Very hard and dry, not comfortable at all. You have no idea how the interview is going. I think the behavioral interview questions are necessary, but there should be a little time afforded to get to know the interviewee a little.

Customer Service Specialist- Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

I applied on a Friday. I was contacted about a week later by email requesting me to call a hiring director of still interested in the position. I did a prescreening call, a phone interview-2 days later-,and a ftf interview -2 days later-. My final interview was on a Friday and I was told I would be notified within a week on whether or not I would get the job offer. I was notified the following Tuesday-2 days later. I was offered the job contingent upon my background check and drug test. The phone interviews were pretty easy. Background info and situational questions were asked. They love the STAR format so make sure you know how to properly answer questions. The ftf interview was much harder. There were about 5 role play situation... I personally hate role playing... I did horrible on the role play but great on the other part. I start Nov 17...

Interview Questions
    • Pick an item... cell phone or tablet and sell it to me   View Answer
    No negotiating at all

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.

Initial phone call from recruiter with basic questions about if I was still looking for employment, how did I hear about the position, my employment background, etc.... Then 2nd phone call from human resource with some pre-screening questions. Then was asked to come in and do a skills assessment test at the location, then interviewed in-person with the recruiter one-on-one and then did a second interview with a manager one-on-one. Got a call back next day, offered position, then had to do a drug screening. TIP: Use STAR format whenever possible and give detailed, specific answers.

Interview Questions
    • name a time in which you had a disagreement with another co worker.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

I get a call from a recruiter (can't really remember anything about signing up with this recruiter) to go to a 1:1 interview with Verizon Wireless in Alpharetta. I interview with one guy...really nice and he was very casual. We sit down and he not only asks me a bunch of technical questions but wants me to write our sql statements, i.e., inner and outer join statements. Then he quizzes me on unix - specifics too, like 'what editor would you pull up'; 'what steps would you take if you wanted to know this (or that)...a lot more sql statements...group by, etc. that he wanted me to write out...It was very excruciating. So, I can blame the recruiter, who did not prepare me at all. But seriously, unless I am an sql developer, why would I need to know this. I currently run sql statements and know some basics, which I told him. He also said that they are moving around people and teams to be fit people in certain roles to be compliant to SOX (or something)...didn't get the job, needless to say.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   View Answers (2)
    • If I have A, B, C and wanted to get a count on A and B, but didn't...(something like this)   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2014.

I was contacted twice for one position with. Once in November and then again in February through recruiters for Verizon. I had one phone interviews each per recruiter, then I was asked for a face-to-face with the hiring manager after the second. The interview went well, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a project you did when you did not have Management's approval, but you felt it necessary to proceed?   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

Process took 4 weeks and 1 day.

May 5, 2014 - I applied online.
    May 6, 2014 - I received an email from a Verizon Wireless Recruiter stating that he wanted to schedule a phone interview.
    May 8, 2014 (9:30am) - My scheduled phone interview. Lasted 30 minutes. My interview was with another person. A lady this time. Basic questions about your previous employment. Why you left those jobs and why you are pursuing a career at Verizon. She asked about the Credo. Make sure you state basically what you liked about their Credo. She asked a few behavioral questions but nothing hard at all. Answer the questions in STAR format. After the interview she wanted me to proceed to the next step. The next step was the assessment. She emailed me over the location and additional information I would need.
    May 13, 2013 - I went to the Verizon location and took the assessment. It took roughly 2 and a half hours. The assessment was 7 parts. Cant really remember the parts but its a lot of instructions on each part so you really have to be focused and concentrate. You can over think something that could all be so simple. It really a mixture of typing, multitasking, following instructions, and listening. After the assessment you go into the HR room and they let you know right then if you passed or failed. I passed YAYY ME!!!. So the first recruiter let me know that someone would be calling me to schedule the second interview. Later that day someone did call and scheduled me an interview for that Friday.
    May 16, 2014 - My second phone interview. Lasted 45 minutes. This interview was much like the first. This time is was a third person. Another lady. She asked about the resume. She asked behavioral questions but they were a little more in depth and she asked a little more questions. After the interview she told me that I advanced to the next step which was a face to face interview. She informed me that someone would be calling to set up that interview as well. Another person called. (So many different people throughout the process but they were all nice). She scheduled me a time and location to come in and interview with her.
    May 19, 2014 (13:30pm) - Arrived on the site and had the interview. It lasted an hour. The interview was three parts. First part was basic questions about my ability to work, the position, and basic small talk. The second part was behavioral questions. The third part was you listening to sample phone calls from customers and analyze them and she asked about three or four questions after each recording, That part was a little difficult for me but I felt it went well.
    May 20, 2014 - I received a phone call with the Customer Specialist job offer contingent upon the passing of a drug test and background check. She informed me on everything. I had to go and get a paper to write it all down. This different lady which I the final lady I would be dealing with sent me an email stating that I needed to do a drug test and consent to a background check. Took the drug test the next day. The background check
    took forever. Much like most I heard.
    June 3, 2014 - I received a call stating that everything was received and cleared.
    June 16, 2014 - START DATE!!!. Super excited.

Best interview process ever. I felt like I actually earned the job, Have a great advancement program I discussed with all of the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult to me was in the face to face interview having to answer the questions to the recording.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Offer was set before your initial first phone interview. Reasonable offer I think.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2010.

intial phone interview, then I was asked to come in for a one on one. It ended up being a panel interview with 2 people taking turnes asking me questions. Then they asked me if I had time to interview with 1 more person. They said it might be and hour or so befor they could meet with me. I stayed and waited about 15 minutes. Interviewed with the last person. I was offered the job a couple days later. Then she rescended the offer after she actually took a look at my application a notice that i had a pending case. She said she was sorry and she didnt see that at first. She informed me that once my case was over i can apply again.

Consultant - Fraud Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

1- hour internal phone interview, STARs format - Situation, Task, Action, Results. Asking questions after the formatted questions is how you are able to give them more insight into who you are and you can get more information as to the type of manager they are. They are not really allowed to ask you questions out of format so it's up to you to ask questions to start the dialogue.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled dealing with an uncooperative person? Provide situation, task, action, results.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2011.

I applied online, 3 days later i recieved an email asking me to pick a day and time out of 2 days in between the hours of 9-4pm. I recieved the call answered the questions and now i have to go and take an assessment test tomorrow. Hopefully I pass. Do anyone know what the test consist of?

Interview Questions
    • What software do you use on your phone?   View Answer
    • Describe a time when u had to diffuse a volatile situation and failed?   View Answer