Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 3, 2015

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

Unprofessional. 4 candidates got sent down into a small meeting room, 3 interviewers came in late.
    We got assigned to 1 interviewer each, rotating after 30 minutes or so, with 1 candidate sitting in the room doing nothing. All interviewers went over their timeslot, pushing back the time we could leave by. Didnt even know what the position was because they didnt either, they were just filling in positions for a new office apparently. Some easy technical questions about CS. I told them I wasnt interested in just sitting down programming and not doing anything people-based. They were looking for exactly that, just a bunch of starting level salary programmers. Didnt get an offer (obviously, since I told them I wasn't interested in this) and am now turned off from verizon wireless even for future jobs that have a definitive career path. It just doesnt seem like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Some obscure question about database stuff. It was a question about like a very specific shortcut you could use in some platform   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process involved basic customer service questions. If you don't know how to answer the questions you will not get a second interview. I suggest you research how to answer there questions before interviewing.

Interview Questions

• No questions was unexpected.   1 Answer

Device Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

After applying online I received a phone call about 2 weeks later, it was an on the spot phone interview with someone from corporate. After passing the first round, I was advised they would pass my info along to the store manager to interview. Took about a week then I got a call from the manager, interviewed later that week with Store manager and another manager. They asked typical questions why do you want to work for VZW, describe a time when..., they strongly encourage you to go to school online if you are in school to meet the demands and needs of the business. After the interview they said it would be about a week or so to know if I did or didn't get the job. About a week on the dot, I received my offer, asked if I could think aobut it for an hour or so and call them back because I was taking a pay cut to get this job, but I knew VZW was a great place to work and the opportunities are endless and it would look great on my resume nonetheless, so I called back and accepted the offer. I had 48 hours to complete my drug test, the background check is very very thorough, whatever is on your resume and the application that you filled out must be exact, the background check agency they use will call you and ask for documentation if anything is not right, if there are too many errors you will not get the job. Verizon is very anal about stuff like that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, what they offer is what you get, take it or leave it. There is an opportunity to receive an end of the year bonus

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter, standard behavorial questions. Went in and interviewed with 2 store managers, standard star based interview. One manager was constantly texting during the whole interview, the other one seemed engaged, yet was chewing gum. Totally classless behavior from the store managers. Not surprising considering their poor customer service in general.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Same useless questions everyone asks   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was truly a cinch. I was hired basically on the spot. It was fairly informal, and I pretty much had to nod my head abd smile like a good corporate lackie. I would suggest going in prepared because although my interview was a breeze, ive heard that most people who get hired go through a painstakingl difficult process in securing the job. For some reason the position is heavily applied for, and the recruiters milk it.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell me this coffee mug.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated my base figure because I never settle for the first offer. Youre not doing yourself a favor by desperately jumping at anything they offer you. Learn this lesson because it will benefit you in life.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    I received an email from Verizon to set up a phone interview. In that email, they attach a document that has: what the job will consist of, a video link to show you the atmosphere, and a little bit about the company and it's credo. The document also contained salary and other benefits should you be hired. The phone interview was pretty simple, they discuss a little bit of your resume, talk about the position and a little bit of what the hours would be. They ask you how familiar you are with wireless technology. They also ask you why you want to work there and maybe a few general interview-type questions that I don't quite remember. They will definitely ask about the company credo, so make sure you read that. They'll ask which one is your favorite or which one is the most important to you. Also be sure to watch the video. I didn't get a chance to watch the video, so after I reluctantly told her that, she didn't ask me anything about it. She talked about salary, which was set at 28K a year, but said something about how a degree and experience may have an affect on it.

2. Assessment
    Shortly after that, I received a email conversation for the assessment. The assessment is broken into 7 sections and there is a time limit. I believe the max time for the entire process is 90 minutes, though each section has it's own time limit. Not all sections have time limits, but most of them do. One section consist of those questions that you strongly disagree/agree. Another section consist re-typing a sentence as fast and accurately as you can. There is also a part where they play the audio and you have to type what you hear. Another section consist of matching numbers within a grid of numbers. Another section consists of audios of customer complaints and based on the knowledge provided for that customer, you must figure out which option is best. Another section is you listening to customer complaints and directing them to the right operator while at the same time looking at a set of a numbers and clicking match/no match. There's another section that involves fishing, which is mostly word problem solving. If A and B are this then what you need to catch C? That's all that I remember. It took me about an hour to finish the entire test, the lady said I passed.

3. Interview
    The interview was not as hard as I thought it would be. There was one recruiter doing the interview and she was very nice. She talked about the position a little bit and asked if I was to move forward in the process, did I need any particular days off in the next 3 months. This was because the training is 3 months long and has very specific days/hours. I told her that was fine and I hadn't planned anything. The interview didn't follow the typical style that most do. They didn't ask me to tell them about myself and my story or anything like that. She did ask why I wanted to work there and what's the best part of this position and what would be the biggest challenge. She asked where my knowledge was with wireless technology. Also asked about which apps I use and which operating system I was familiar with. One STAR question was asked. Tell me about a situation in your previous job where there was an unforeseen issue and how you handled it. The interview then moved to role base situation, where the interviewer played a customer and I was the customer service specialist. Two more of these were done, the latter two you were given pieces of paper that had information you would need to address the customer issues. Another task that was assigned to us was to sell the interviewer a piece of technology that we use or have used. That was mostly it. The interviewer actually talked for the most part during the interview. When the interview was basically completed, I asked questions of my own about pay and other benefits. While she answered, she told me she was sending all my information to HR. I took that as a good sign. At the end of the interview, she said if I was selected, they would contact me in the next few days. 3 hours later I received a call with a job offer. They were able to increase my salary to 32K along with many other benefits. Obviously a drug test was required within 48 hours, along with a background check. Make sure your resume is correct, as they will do a complete background check and verify your job history and salary. The background check people, a couple days later, asked for a recent pay stub and a W2 from a few years ago. A day later, I got a call to say everything is clear and to officially welcome me to the company. That was followed by an email confirmation with information about the first day and to create my ID.

And that's pretty much it. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• A situation in your life or job where there was an unforeseen issue and what you did to overcome it?   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was thirty minutes late. She said it was due to traffic and did not apologize for being late. During the interview she also used profanity (not at me directly) in referencing the traffic. Although I wasn't offended by it, I did find it inappropriate and unprofessional to say the least. I will not be accepting a position their simply due to the impression by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How will the travel time and distance be for you?
      Do you think you will have any issues getting here on time?

Answer Question

Business Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

First it starts off with a phone screening from HR. They will then move you to higher management for an interview! This is a basic interview , with a role play task, you must call a client and set up a meeting with them to try to get them engaged and to purchase your products !

Interview Questions

• Basic style interview questions:

Name a time where you had to go above and beyond to finish a job?

Why Verizon?

What are the most important qualities you have that fit this role

Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tucker, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a 3 interview process, 2 over the phone and one in person. The first interview I was asked about my self and why i was a good fit for the company and then I was asked to sell an item they had e-mailed me. Second interview I did the same but in Spanish since I am bilingual, the third interview was in person where they asked me about my self and how i could contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell something base on the material I was e-mailed. Both in english and Spanish since I am bilingual   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted twice for one position with. Once in November and then again in February through recruiters for Verizon. I had one phone interviews each per recruiter, then I was asked for a face-to-face with the hiring manager after the second. The interview went well, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project you did when you did not have Management's approval, but you felt it necessary to proceed?   Answer Question