Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

3.1

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2011.

Unprofessional. 4 candidates got sent down into a small meeting room, 3 interviewers came in late.
    We got assigned to 1 interviewer each, rotating after 30 minutes or so, with 1 candidate sitting in the room doing nothing. All interviewers went over their timeslot, pushing back the time we could leave by. Didnt even know what the position was because they didnt either, they were just filling in positions for a new office apparently. Some easy technical questions about CS. I told them I wasnt interested in just sitting down programming and not doing anything people-based. They were looking for exactly that, just a bunch of starting level salary programmers. Didnt get an offer (obviously, since I told them I wasn't interested in this) and am now turned off from verizon wireless even for future jobs that have a definitive career path. It just doesnt seem like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Some obscure question about database stuff. It was a question about like a very specific shortcut you could use in some platform   View Answer

Device Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

After applying online I received a phone call about 2 weeks later, it was an on the spot phone interview with someone from corporate. After passing the first round, I was advised they would pass my info along to the store manager to interview. Took about a week then I got a call from the manager, interviewed later that week with Store manager and another manager. They asked typical questions why do you want to work for VZW, describe a time when..., they strongly encourage you to go to school online if you are in school to meet the demands and needs of the business. After the interview they said it would be about a week or so to know if I did or didn't get the job. About a week on the dot, I received my offer, asked if I could think aobut it for an hour or so and call them back because I was taking a pay cut to get this job, but I knew VZW was a great place to work and the opportunities are endless and it would look great on my resume nonetheless, so I called back and accepted the offer. I had 48 hours to complete my drug test, the background check is very very thorough, whatever is on your resume and the application that you filled out must be exact, the background check agency they use will call you and ask for documentation if anything is not right, if there are too many errors you will not get the job. Verizon is very anal about stuff like that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, what they offer is what you get, take it or leave it. There is an opportunity to receive an end of the year bonus

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2013.

Initial phone interview with recruiter, standard behavorial questions. Went in and interviewed with 2 store managers, standard star based interview. One manager was constantly texting during the whole interview, the other one seemed engaged, yet was chewing gum. Totally classless behavior from the store managers. Not surprising considering their poor customer service in general.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Same useless questions everyone asks   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

The interview was truly a cinch. I was hired basically on the spot. It was fairly informal, and I pretty much had to nod my head abd smile like a good corporate lackie. I would suggest going in prepared because although my interview was a breeze, ive heard that most people who get hired go through a painstakingl difficult process in securing the job. For some reason the position is heavily applied for, and the recruiters milk it.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated my base figure because I never settle for the first offer. Youre not doing yourself a favor by desperately jumping at anything they offer you. Learn this lesson because it will benefit you in life.

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

Process took 4 weeks and 1 day.

May 5, 2014 - I applied online.
    May 6, 2014 - I received an email from a Verizon Wireless Recruiter stating that he wanted to schedule a phone interview.
    May 8, 2014 (9:30am) - My scheduled phone interview. Lasted 30 minutes. My interview was with another person. A lady this time. Basic questions about your previous employment. Why you left those jobs and why you are pursuing a career at Verizon. She asked about the Credo. Make sure you state basically what you liked about their Credo. She asked a few behavioral questions but nothing hard at all. Answer the questions in STAR format. After the interview she wanted me to proceed to the next step. The next step was the assessment. She emailed me over the location and additional information I would need.
    May 13, 2013 - I went to the Verizon location and took the assessment. It took roughly 2 and a half hours. The assessment was 7 parts. Cant really remember the parts but its a lot of instructions on each part so you really have to be focused and concentrate. You can over think something that could all be so simple. It really a mixture of typing, multitasking, following instructions, and listening. After the assessment you go into the HR room and they let you know right then if you passed or failed. I passed YAYY ME!!!. So the first recruiter let me know that someone would be calling me to schedule the second interview. Later that day someone did call and scheduled me an interview for that Friday.
    May 16, 2014 - My second phone interview. Lasted 45 minutes. This interview was much like the first. This time is was a third person. Another lady. She asked about the resume. She asked behavioral questions but they were a little more in depth and she asked a little more questions. After the interview she told me that I advanced to the next step which was a face to face interview. She informed me that someone would be calling to set up that interview as well. Another person called. (So many different people throughout the process but they were all nice). She scheduled me a time and location to come in and interview with her.
    May 19, 2014 (13:30pm) - Arrived on the site and had the interview. It lasted an hour. The interview was three parts. First part was basic questions about my ability to work, the position, and basic small talk. The second part was behavioral questions. The third part was you listening to sample phone calls from customers and analyze them and she asked about three or four questions after each recording, That part was a little difficult for me but I felt it went well.
    May 20, 2014 - I received a phone call with the Customer Specialist job offer contingent upon the passing of a drug test and background check. She informed me on everything. I had to go and get a paper to write it all down. This different lady which I the final lady I would be dealing with sent me an email stating that I needed to do a drug test and consent to a background check. Took the drug test the next day. The background check
    took forever. Much like most I heard.
    June 3, 2014 - I received a call stating that everything was received and cleared.
    June 16, 2014 - START DATE!!!. Super excited.

Best interview process ever. I felt like I actually earned the job, Have a great advancement program I discussed with all of the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult to me was in the face to face interview having to answer the questions to the recording.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Offer was set before your initial first phone interview. Reasonable offer I think.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2014.

I was contacted twice for one position with. Once in November and then again in February through recruiters for Verizon. I had one phone interviews each per recruiter, then I was asked for a face-to-face with the hiring manager after the second. The interview went well, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a project you did when you did not have Management's approval, but you felt it necessary to proceed?   Answer Question

Retail Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2008.

It was easy to apply online. The online site made it easy to get to what you were looking for. I applied for the retail customer support role and was contacted a few days later for an interview with the store manager.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2010.

A recruiter came out to my college. Then I applied online and about 3weeks later I received a phone call to come in a take an assessment. The assessment was about 2-3hours and it was alot of mini series of test, timed testing, typing test, basic skills test. After I passed that testing I was scheduled for a 1-on-1 interview and I was not notified I received the job until like 3weeks later. I thought I didnt get it because they took so long to get back with me.

No negotiation, base salary

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2013.

First I received a phone call to set up the job screening. I was good just the normal questions, why do you want to work here....why are you leaving your current employer, what do you think about our Credo etc. then once you pass that you are able to set up the first phone interview in which they will go more in depth about your job history and give you situational questions. Then if you pass that section they will schedule your for the assessment. They assessment was not difficult but you do have to pay attention to the directions and practicing your typing and multitasking skills. You receive our results the same day then they schedule you for your last phone interview. They ask you the same questions as the first interview just more I specific just to make sure your staying consistent, then once your have the last phone interview your have a 45 min face to face interview in which she ask a lot of situational and personality questions and you have to listen to some scenarios and give your opinion. Overall the hiring process can take a while but it was fun and worth it!

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are difficult just remember to answer in the STAR format.   Answer Question
    They present you with the offer over the phone making sure to highlight e wonderful benefits they ask if you have further questions and once you agree they email you the offer to sign.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2013.

A high level technical interview was given in person and some questions about java were asked. No code was asked to be written and no code was presented during the interview. A few days later HR called me and gave me a 1 hour interview about my background. An example questions: "What is encapsulation?" "What are the data types in Java?"

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised to face a phone interview by the HR department after the in person interview. The HR person asked me a lot of questions like: "Tell me a time when you had to over come a challenge".   Answer Question

Took a different offer