Verizon Wireless Interview Questions & Reviews in Atlanta, GA

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

The interview was truly a cinch. I was hired basically on the spot. It was fairly informal, and I pretty much had to nod my head abd smile like a good corporate lackie. I would suggest going in prepared because although my interview was a breeze, ive heard that most people who get hired go through a painstakingl difficult process in securing the job. For some reason the position is heavily applied for, and the recruiters milk it.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated my base figure because I never settle for the first offer. Youre not doing yourself a favor by desperately jumping at anything they offer you. Learn this lesson because it will benefit you in life.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.

Initial phone call from recruiter with basic questions about if I was still looking for employment, how did I hear about the position, my employment background, etc.... Then 2nd phone call from human resource with some pre-screening questions. Then was asked to come in and do a skills assessment test at the location, then interviewed in-person with the recruiter one-on-one and then did a second interview with a manager one-on-one. Got a call back next day, offered position, then had to do a drug screening. TIP: Use STAR format whenever possible and give detailed, specific answers.

Interview Questions
    • name a time in which you had a disagreement with another co worker.   Answer Question

Device Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

After applying online I received a phone call about 2 weeks later, it was an on the spot phone interview with someone from corporate. After passing the first round, I was advised they would pass my info along to the store manager to interview. Took about a week then I got a call from the manager, interviewed later that week with Store manager and another manager. They asked typical questions why do you want to work for VZW, describe a time when..., they strongly encourage you to go to school online if you are in school to meet the demands and needs of the business. After the interview they said it would be about a week or so to know if I did or didn't get the job. About a week on the dot, I received my offer, asked if I could think aobut it for an hour or so and call them back because I was taking a pay cut to get this job, but I knew VZW was a great place to work and the opportunities are endless and it would look great on my resume nonetheless, so I called back and accepted the offer. I had 48 hours to complete my drug test, the background check is very very thorough, whatever is on your resume and the application that you filled out must be exact, the background check agency they use will call you and ask for documentation if anything is not right, if there are too many errors you will not get the job. Verizon is very anal about stuff like that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, what they offer is what you get, take it or leave it. There is an opportunity to receive an end of the year bonus

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2011.

I applied online, 3 days later i recieved an email asking me to pick a day and time out of 2 days in between the hours of 9-4pm. I recieved the call answered the questions and now i have to go and take an assessment test tomorrow. Hopefully I pass. Do anyone know what the test consist of?

Interview Questions
    • What software do you use on your phone?   View Answer
    • Describe a time when u had to diffuse a volatile situation and failed?   View Answer

Consultant - Fraud Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

1- hour internal phone interview, STARs format - Situation, Task, Action, Results. Asking questions after the formatted questions is how you are able to give them more insight into who you are and you can get more information as to the type of manager they are. They are not really allowed to ask you questions out of format so it's up to you to ask questions to start the dialogue.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled dealing with an uncooperative person? Provide situation, task, action, results.   Answer Question

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2010.

intial phone interview, then I was asked to come in for a one on one. It ended up being a panel interview with 2 people taking turnes asking me questions. Then they asked me if I had time to interview with 1 more person. They said it might be and hour or so befor they could meet with me. I stayed and waited about 15 minutes. Interviewed with the last person. I was offered the job a couple days later. Then she rescended the offer after she actually took a look at my application a notice that i had a pending case. She said she was sorry and she didnt see that at first. She informed me that once my case was over i can apply again.

Global Enterprise Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

Two phone interviews with Director; one-on-one in-person interview; followed up by group/panel interview with 4 folks - two in current role and two directors including a customer role play presentation. Subsequently followed up by an in-person executive Interview. People perception - very professional. Interviews questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • During the presentation/role play to the customer, I was asked how I would cover the customers wireless communications needs in out of territory locations?   View Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

I get a call from a recruiter (can't really remember anything about signing up with this recruiter) to go to a 1:1 interview with Verizon Wireless in Alpharetta. I interview with one guy...really nice and he was very casual. We sit down and he not only asks me a bunch of technical questions but wants me to write our sql statements, i.e., inner and outer join statements. Then he quizzes me on unix - specifics too, like 'what editor would you pull up'; 'what steps would you take if you wanted to know this (or that)...a lot more sql statements...group by, etc. that he wanted me to write out...It was very excruciating. So, I can blame the recruiter, who did not prepare me at all. But seriously, unless I am an sql developer, why would I need to know this. I currently run sql statements and know some basics, which I told him. He also said that they are moving around people and teams to be fit people in certain roles to be compliant to SOX (or something)...didn't get the job, needless to say.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   View Answers (2)
    • If I have A, B, C and wanted to get a count on A and B, but didn't...(something like this)   View Answer