Verizon Wireless

3.5

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

Received a phone interview after an employee referral. Took a few weeks after my application before I was contacted. Interview was awkward. The woman seemed distracted or maybe tired because it was the end of the day and it through me off. Not surprised I didn't get an offer. Never heard back and yes or no though, even after I sent two emails to check in.

Interview Questions
    • Just situational but some were basically asking the same question which made it difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2012.

Interview is in STAR format... Situation, Task, Action you took, Result. Be prepaired because interviews at VZW are done professionally. IF you interview well, you will get a job even if your skill set is low. If you don't interview well, it doesn't matter if you are the top leader in what you do, you will not get the job.

Take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2011.

They use the Star formation of questions. Be prepared with examples of how you overcame obstacles with the problem- what tactics did you use to solve the problem and the end result of the problem. This applies to teamwork questions as well as any other questions. They rate you on every question. Be prepared like you are studying for an exam. Corporate format. Google STAR interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been in a difficult situation or escalation with a customer and how did you resolve it?   View Answer

Customer Service Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2010.

I was an Internal recommendation. Was given heads up on topic to present. Prepared for it then did the interview. Received positive feedback but was not selected for the role.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to present a topic on short notice. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.

3 part process: Phone screening, 2 face-to-face interviews. Took 3 weeks to get offer.

Interview Questions
    They low-balled my starting salary. I was able to use my experience and travel expenses to get what I wanted.

Account Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2009.

The 1st stage of the process was a test of my writing skills. They sent me a situation about an upset customer and I was supposed to respond via email as if I were writing the customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2009.

The hiring process is somewhat long but necessary for a company so large. The interview process is driven by a manual of canned questions to ask for each position which makes the interviews somewhat of a joke in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, simply canned and honestly quite obvious.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2009.

If you make it past the typing test be ready for Behavioral Simulations questions. As far as I know VZW still used the interview process outlined by the book "Landing the Job You Want by William C. Byham commonly know as the STAR system. It requires the interviewee to think on their feet by being able to relate to a hypothetical business situation with a past work/social experience. If you have time pick up a copy and read it through. If you don't be prepared for seeming oddly complicated scenario questions that will not at all be obvious how you are supposed to respond. Be honest (but businesslike) and try to think of a past work experience and how you dealt with a similar problem. For your own sake try and short as possible but still answer the core of the question.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to satisfy a customer?   View Answer
    None, just an offer to start.

Coordinator - Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2008.

Hiring, there is a computer test for this position then an oral interview. Once this is completed you are offered a start date. Typically they start you in a training class ( 6 weeks ) prior to be putting on the floor. You will also have 2 weeks of post training

Interview Questions
    • It would depend if the person is good with situations,   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation portion of VZW. It is set pay.

Customer Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2008.

I don't really remember much about the interview process. I know it was all done in one day. I started out as a customer service rep. I took a typing test in a small quiet room which was good and made me less nervous. I interviewed with 3 different people of varying positions from HR to supervisors. All were friendly. I was offered the job that day before I walked out the door which was really nice

Interview Questions
    • Any question where you are asked to remember a specific instance about how you resolved a problem.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate honestly. I was presented with a job that was much better compensated from where I was at right then so I accepted. I don't understand how to negotiate with a perspective employer.