Verizon Wireless

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

3.1

Business Account Executive Interview

2 interviews after qualifying through HR. One Sr. Manager and Associate Director.
Be prepared with a 90 day plan of action and how you expect to bring sales in.
Focus on activity driven appointments and solutions selling.
"Sell me this pen" style of questioning.

No negotiation. DOE.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Process took about 2 months. I submitted my resume through a job posting on the company website and heard back in a couple of weeks. The interview process was two rounds of interviewing plus a third interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you had to build a relationship where there was no previous relationship. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    They are pretty rigid with offers.

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The experience may vary for each person but for me, since I was already employed at Verizon Wireless, interviewing for the Account Executive position came easy to me because I already knew what to expect. It's my understanding now, having talked with those who were recently hired for the position that it is quite a grueling process. I only had to do 1 interview but someone from the outside has to go through 3 or 4 interviews---1st is the phone interview with HR, 2nd is interview with the Business Sales Manager, 3rd is interview with Associate Director, and 4th (or could also happen during your 3rd) is to do a sales presentation to a fictitious company where you role play with the BSM and AD.

I feel bad for those who apply from the outside because VZW is very political and it's all about who you know. That being said, most Account Executive positions you apply for are already spoken for with someone internal. Now if you happen to know one of the hiring managers then you're most likely a shoe in for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to think outside the box in order to close a sale?   View Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   View Answer
    • Be prepared for a random question such as "You see this pen? Sell it to me right now. Why should I buy this pen from you when I can get it cheaper from somewhere else?

**They won't always use a pen as an example. They've also used a box of tissues, a notebook, etc.**

View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you did not get the sale (or win the business)? What did you do and why?   Answer Question
    • When is it acceptable to ask for the sale?   View Answer
    I read about how people have negotiated their salaries and had success in doing so, however, I can tell you that I've never seen or heard of anyone who's had success in negotiating a better salary at VZW.
    Consider VZW the hottest girl in town and they have tons of people (especially recent college grads) who want to date them. If you don't accept the offer right away, they know they can move on to someone else who will accept a ridiculously low base salary because they are desperate for a job.

Business Account Executive Interview

Want to know accomplishments in past positions- Productivity, Sales Dollars etc.go thru HR screener, then get interview appt with hiring manager. usually they like to do everything on the phone except for final interview.

Interview Questions
    • normal questions.. why did you leave that job, why do you want to leave your current job, why do you want to work for Verizon, what makes you qualified   Answer Question

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

You almost have to know someone to get any job outside of a call center position. The online portal in not easy to use and they don't always respond in a timely manner. The interview I had was with three people and one with human resources. The process takes a awhile and it can take up to a month to be hired after the first interview. They use an interview style where they ask a question and then you will need to give an example of a time you experienced something related to the selected question.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions to be difficult as I had performed the job before that I was applying for.   Answer Question

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I was interviewed by the Business Sales Manager (direct manager) and the Associate Director (BSM's manager). Typical sales related questions, comfort level with cold calling and foot prospecting. Technology knowledge a must, especially with wireless. Strong communication skills needed, especially considering you will be speaking with many C-level/decision makers in this position.

You may be able to negotiate base, based on experience. The goal is obviously to knock your commissions out of the park.

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Phone interview, In person interview with hiring manager, interview with hiring manager's director and then HR call. This was a standard, easy process. Asking about prior positions, walk through resume and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    I was presented an offer. I attempted to counter but was told this was non-negotiable.

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2012.

First is a situational interview that is worded something like this: can you remember a time when you were faced with a pressing deadline that was going to be challenging to fulfil? What did you do?

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be more successful in this role than your current role?   View Answer
    Not much...take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2012.

My initial interview was with the manager of Human Relations Recruiting. My second interview was with the managers of the Verizon Wireless San Francisco Office. Both were phone interviews.

During the first interview, i was asked general employment questions and was asked to give reasons why I might fit the position I was applying for.

On the second interview, I was asked more job specific questions such as how I have handled certain sales situations in my prior sales experience and how I might see myself generating new business for Verizon Wireless. Prior to my second interview, I went to the Verizon Wireless website and "boned up" on products and services that they offered. During my interview with them, I integrated my answers with the facts I aquired learning about their products and services. The interviewer complimented me on "doing my homework" prior to out talk. I thought the interview went well.

Recently, I was informed by Verizon Wireless that the first position I applied for had been filled by a applicant that was more qualified. A second email informed me that the other position I applied for was currently not available, but encouraged me to check the Verizon Website for other positions. I plan to do so.

Interview Questions
    • Why I thought I was qualified for the position applied for.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2012.

Star interview process, as well as Role plays and a presentation on a selected product/solution, provided prior to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult or demanding expectation from Verizon that you've experienced in the last year, and your honest thoughts positive or negative regarding that particular project.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate any additional salary as I did not have my BA. Also unable to negotiate additional vacation time.