Verizon Wireless

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Call Center Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2013.

Applied online May 14 and 2 weeks later received an email to schedule phone interview with Recruiter. Received an email including a document explaining the position, their company credo the Accessory Of The Month (AOTM). Study all 3 documents and be prepared to answer questions about each.

The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and started with an explanation of the job and benefits. She then asks about each document. She then goes into asking about your past experience and goes into your basic customer services & behavioral questions. She only asked about 3. She then told me that she wanted to move me on to the assessment. We scheduled that for the next day at 5:30pm.

I was in the assessment with 2 other girls and we all dressed professionally as if it was an interview. The HR lady speaks to you before you start the assessment and goes over all these legal statements & basically ruins your happy outlook on the job. The assessment took about 1.5 hours. It was 7 parts. I don't remember all of the parts but there is really no way to prepare for it. Just be alert and make sure you read and listen to all of the information so that you answer appropriately. I was told I would hear back the next day if I passed. First thing I received a call saying I passed and scheduled the next phone interview.

2 days later I had a phone interview with a different recruiter from my first. This interview was basically all customer service questions & behavioral and lasted an hour. Be able to answer in the STAR format giving specific examples from past experiences. If you forget to give for example, your (R)esult from the example, they will remind you. After that interview I was told that he wanted to schedule me for the face to face interview & he'd call me back that day or the next. I heard back the next morning (Saturday) to schedule the face to face for that Sunday.

I dressed professionally for this interview (I wore some thing wore for assessment since no one really saw me anyway). He asked me about my past and went into asking me some of the same behavioral questions that id answered before. He then played 4 calls and asked 2 questions about each call such as how did the CS Rep go above and beyond to help the Customer. I was told that the job would have 2 days of HR on July 11 from 9-6 and then be M-F 8-5 for training starting that Monday. After the interview I was told that he didnt know when I would hear back because the HR System was down and to call my recruiter with any questions.

I called the recruiter on Monday to receive a time frame for a decision however he didn't answer so I left a voicemail but never heard back. That Friday I called again and didn't get an answer so instead of leaving another voicemail I emailed the first recruiter i'd interviewed with since I had her email address. The email was very professional asking about the time frame and stating my continued interest in the job and explaining my contact with the last recruiter id worked with. She responded that day stating he was out for the day and that she would get with him on Monday and let me know.

That Monday morning first thing I received an email from my original recruiter stating that they were still going through the interview process and I should hear back within the week. Late that Monday afternoon I received a call from my original recruiter and now who I would work through the remainder of the process stating she wanted to schedule a call for the next morning to go over my application more. We scheduled the call for that following morning.

During that call she asked me to confirm my employment dates and then stated that they would like to offer me a position. I accepted via phone and she told me now I would need to go through the background check. She explained the process & advised me to respond immediately and complete my drug test that day if possible even though they give you 48 hours before they rescind the offer.

I received the email for accepting the offer after the call and you have to go to the website and sign all these documents & you then get a copy of your offer letter. I completed my drug test that same day. They start the background check immediately. That next evening I received an email asked to confirm the school I graduated from & submit W2s and you can give direct contact information for anyone they are having trouble contacting.

5 days later(6/24/13) I received a call from my recruiter stating that id cleared my BG check & confirmed my start date 7/11/13. I asked about pre-scheduled vacation and she stated that you can not miss any training days but i can ask my trainer though they do not have to allow. I also asked about scheduling around school and was told you schedule school around them. I was also told I would be in the 12-9 class now :-(.

I believe my followup email is what pushed me through so I advise you to stay in contact with your recruiters.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult. Just be prepared for your standard Customer Service & Behavioral Questions and answer in STAR format giving specific examples.   Answer Question
They do not negotiate.