Verizon Wireless Interview Questions & Reviews in Chicago, IL

3.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I had 4 rounds of interview, starting with Verizon's HR. The phone screening was very professional. In a weeks time, got a call for face to face interview. It was a long process, but very productive. I got to know the team members, composition and what was expected for the role.

My impression was that the interview process was protracted and I was under pressure to decide on a different offer.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was interspersed with behavioral and scenario based questions. And, there was puzzle to solve! :)   Answer Question
    I thought it was very straightforward. Did not face a need to negotiate.

Major Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Good interview process. Typically, a phone interview with recruiter followed by a face to face interview with prospective manager. The final interview is with human resources

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Originally applied online and received a call for an interview. The first was a phone interview from the office in Ohio (I'm in Illinois) and that went well enough that I was forwarded on to the second round phone interview with a more regional HR department. The manager I was supposed to interview with recently had a child so I was again interviewed by the Ohio office, but with a different person. I passed that one too and was recommend for a face to face interview with the store manager of the store I was applying to.

I felt the interview went great, he really liked my past experience with business to business sales and was really interested in my experience.

The thing about Verizon is they want their associates to have a college degree....even for retail sales. And since I am still in school and had not yet graduated corporate HR passed on me. Even though the manager wrote in to HR and said he really wanted me.

Interview Questions
    • The face to face interview lasted about an hour and a half. During which he asked me sales experience questions and we had to roll play where I sold him something I had experience selling before. It wasn't really difficult but I was caught off guard by it so make sure you have something in mind for when you go in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2011.

3 part interview, 2 on phone, 1 with store manager. Area Manager may or may not be present during interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a difficult customer, how you handled it, and what the outcome was.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2011.

HR INTERVIEW then store manager face to face interview then District manager phone interview, then last HR interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2010.

prescreening on the phone with an HR recruiter and then a 1 on 1 interview in the store.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

1st phone interview, in-person assessment/passed, 2nd phone interview, no further interview scheduled.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

I was initially notified by phone that they were interested. I was then subjected to a preliminary interview and was told that I would be called at a designated time for another interview. I received instructions and a company overview by mail. The second interview took place and it was horrible! I felt as if the person on the other end did not want me to go any further in the process. He seemed to want to find anything to incriminate me. Yes, I was fired in 2006, no I did not read the company credo. I did not notice the credo at the bottom of the email, so make sure you know that. When the interview was over...I knew that it wasn't happening. I felt like my time was wasted.

Interview Questions

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!