Verizon Wireless Customer Care Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

3.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Care Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I had my 1st phone interview today with verizon. It wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be. Next step assessment test. I've heard this can be a long process with 2 or 3 interviews, on the phone and in person. If anyone has taken the assessment test for verizon I would greatly appreciate any advise and/or tips. Next training class starts August 11th, I hope to be in it!!!

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question I was asked was,"What would be your biggest challenge in this position".   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Care Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

very long and detailed process. They put you through a phone interview and then through several testing and face to face interviews with management personel. There was also a drug screening, but thats to be expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2010.

-Apply
    -Complete a test
    -Phone interview
    -Face to face interview
    -Follow the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Results/Resolution) when responding to questions.

Interview Questions
    • The test is extremely hard. Make sure you are well rested and pay attention to detail.   View Answer
    Sometimes the schedule is negotiable, when you first apply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2009.

After posting my resume on their site, within a few days I received an email asking for follow up information. I provided background check information, and set up a phone interview. The call was on time (within a few minutes), and I was told they would follow up with me soon. I got a voicemail to schedule an on site computer and customer service skill test, and based on those results, I was invited back for a face to face interview with an actual supervisor. This went well, and a few days later I was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    I made no attempt at negotiation, I am unsure of what can be negotiated.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2013.

I was brought in to an open house in New York City, I thought it was going to be a group interview, but it was about a dozen 1:1's at once. My interviewer was an asst manager, he was really nice, waited about 20 more minutes for an interview with HR. Went great, then I was contacted by HR in North Carolina offering me the job, and telling me about the background check. The background check started and they called me during the most inconvenient hours, during school, and they would call 4-10 times while I was in the midst of class. I was made to go to take a drug test, which I wasn't refunded for the transportation to get there.

I was called back a week later from an HR woman in Connecticut, asking me about a discrepancy on my application (there was an error with my dates on one of my jobs, but it was just an error). I was told she was going to call me back the next day and let me know. I waited all day, until 9PM at night, nervous at my wits end, thinking I was going to get this job. However she didn't call me until the following day and told me the offer was going to be rescinded because of the one discrepancy.

I can't believe how ridiculous the interview process is for this company. Even Apple (the richest company in the world) doesn't go as in depth. I had to take time out of my day and money out of my pocket to get things done and wasn't refunded. You would think you were applying for a seat in the US Senate. I will never be applying to the fascist company that is Verizon Wireless.

Interview Questions
    • What are you not looking forward to with this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mankato, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2012.

I submitted an online application and then received a phone call that they'd like to do a phone interview. I did the phone interview (which mostly covered information on my application), and they later called back asking me to come in for an interview.

When I came in, I did an assessment, which measured WPM, customer service skills, multitasking, etc. Then I talked to somebody in HR where we again went over my application and they asked me about how I handled situations at previous jobs.

Then I met the Supervisor who I would be working under to start, and he went over a handful of hypothetical situations and how I would react to them.

I got home that evening and got an e-mail that they were no longer interested in me as an applicant. However, about two/three weeks later I got a phone call saying that e-mail was sent "on accident" and they did offer me the job. I was then asked to do a drug test and provide some information to a third party company so they could process a background check.

Interview Questions
    I just took the job as it was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Suffolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

Only took me a week cause I knew the store manager. Be ready to answer some situational and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when something didn't work in your favor but you were able to change the outcome in to a positive one for yourself   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating salary

Customer Care Representative Interview

Went through a temp agency.

Interview Questions
    • Listened to scenario and was asked how to approach   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Customer Care Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Initial interview is phone, then you take a test at the location (computer based), then you get another phone interview and finally you interview with a manager at the call center location.

They schedule them back to back so the whole process takes about a month. They schedule their call center jobs in batches as they have to have a certain amount of people to start in a group.

Interview Questions
    • None- use the STAR approach and you will be ok. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, tell me about a time when you dealt with an irate customer? tell me about how you would present new technology to a customer?   Answer Question
    No room to negotiate and they explain that from the beginning

Customer Care Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

I received an email with an offer for my first phone interview. I was supposed to send an email confirming that I was still interested in the position. It took forever for me to get scheduled for an interview because I was given the wrong email address and could not get in touch with anyone to get the correct address. During my first phone interview I was asked typical "explain a time when..." questions and also asked to verify my work history. I was then scheduled for a second phone interview. I spoke with someone different during the second interview but was asked the same questions. A few days later I received an email stating that they had found someone else more qualified for the position despite the fact that I had worked for them through a contractor doing the exact job I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a customer that was angry and you were unable to resolve there issue.   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!