Verizon Wireless Customer Care Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Maumee, OH).

Interview

The interview originally began with a phone call. The next option was a face to face with a group of people. There was many questions, of which some came from your work history, but the other were scenario questions. After the interview, you were to expect either a phone call or a letter.

Negotiation

It was a little nerve wrecking since it was the best job I had ever tried for.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Dublin, OH).

Interview

I was called first and screened for an interview that way. After I passed the screening I went in person to the interview. I first met with a person in HR and took a customer service test and then I met with a person from HR. After I passed that part of the interview, I met with a Manager in Customer Care.

Interview Questions

• I remember being asked behavior based questions such as "describe a time when..." and "how do you deal with..."   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Phone interview just to make sure you were available and able to work, then computer test. If you pass the computer test you will get an interview with 2-3 HR personnel. STAR questions, situation, task, action taken, results style interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online then received an email for pre-screen phone interview couple days later. After pre-screen you will receive an email to set up a time to go in to take the two hour assessment skills test. If you pass, then you will receive an actual phone interview. After the phone interview and pushed to the next round, you will receive a face to face interview with a supervisor and you will also get a your of the facility. Very friendly staff and welcoming.

Interview Questions

I was offered another opportunity with a higher salary and more beneficial to my career path.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process began with an online application and assessment. I was then contact or a phone interview within a couple days. After I passed my interview I was scheduled a face to face with two managers whom interviewed me in the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have came across a difficult situation that required you to follow policy   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

I had my 1st phone interview today with verizon. It wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be. Next step assessment test. I've heard this can be a long process with 2 or 3 interviews, on the phone and in person. If anyone has taken the assessment test for verizon I would greatly appreciate any advise and/or tips. Next training class starts August 11th, I hope to be in it!!!

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was,"What would be your biggest challenge in this position".   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

very long and detailed process. They put you through a phone interview and then through several testing and face to face interviews with management personel. There was also a drug screening, but thats to be expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I was brought in to an open house in New York City, I thought it was going to be a group interview, but it was about a dozen 1:1's at once. My interviewer was an asst manager, he was really nice, waited about 20 more minutes for an interview with HR. Went great, then I was contacted by HR in North Carolina offering me the job, and telling me about the background check. The background check started and they called me during the most inconvenient hours, during school, and they would call 4-10 times while I was in the midst of class. I was made to go to take a drug test, which I wasn't refunded for the transportation to get there. I was called back a week later from an HR woman in Connecticut, asking me about a discrepancy on my application (there was an error with my dates on one of my jobs, but it was just an error). I was told she was going to call me back the next day and let me know. I waited all day, until 9PM at night, nervous at my wits end, thinking I was going to get this job. However she didn't call me until the following day and told me the offer was going to be rescinded because of the one discrepancy. I can't believe how ridiculous the interview process is for this company. Even Apple (the richest company in the world) doesn't go as in depth. I had to take time out of my day and money out of my pocket to get things done and wasn't refunded. You would think you were applying for a seat in the US Senate. I will never be applying to the fascist company that is Verizon Wireless.

Interview Questions

• What are you not looking forward to with this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Mankato, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

I submitted an online application and then received a phone call that they'd like to do a phone interview. I did the phone interview (which mostly covered information on my application), and they later called back asking me to come in for an interview. When I came in, I did an assessment, which measured WPM, customer service skills, multitasking, etc. Then I talked to somebody in HR where we again went over my application and they asked me about how I handled situations at previous jobs. Then I met the Supervisor who I would be working under to start, and he went over a handful of hypothetical situations and how I would react to them. I got home that evening and got an e-mail that they were no longer interested in me as an applicant. However, about two/three weeks later I got a phone call saying that e-mail was sent "on accident" and they did offer me the job. I was then asked to do a drug test and provide some information to a third party company so they could process a background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just took the job as it was.

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Suffolk, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

Only took me a week cause I knew the store manager. Be ready to answer some situational and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when something didn't work in your favor but you were able to change the outcome in to a positive one for yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating salary