Verizon Wireless Customer Service Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process involved basic customer service questions. If you don't know how to answer the questions you will not get a second interview. I suggest you research how to answer there questions before interviewing.

Interview Questions

• No questions was unexpected.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (North Charleston, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process is intense. I went through 4 rounds. 2 phone and 2 face to face. Be prepared to really show them your personality. The general was a phone interview, then a face to face, then an assessment, then another face to face interview. You also got a tore of the building and most of the time the interview is 1 with HR and the other with a Supervisor on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 + years with the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for 3 positions in the last 3 months in Murfreesboro, TN. I received an automated email that my app was received and someone would be contacting me. I never heard anything from Murfreesboro Verizon after that. A recruiter contacted me about a position at Verizon in Franklin, TN, so I applied for that position. After a couple of days, I received an email thanking me for my application but advising the position had been filled. I do know that use the STAR method for interviews.

Interview Questions

• I never heard back from Verizon to schedule an interview and I had 17 years customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

Initial phone call from recruiter with basic questions about if I was still looking for employment, how did I hear about the position, my employment background, etc.... Then 2nd phone call from human resource with some pre-screening questions. Then was asked to come in and do a skills assessment test at the location, then interviewed in-person with the recruiter one-on-one and then did a second interview with a manager one-on-one. Got a call back next day, offered position, then had to do a drug screening. TIP: Use STAR format whenever possible and give detailed, specific answers.

Interview Questions

• name a time in which you had a disagreement with another co worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Longview, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

detailed and behavorial based questions

Interview Questions

• what did you do when dealing with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a situation that was going against company policies?   Answer Question

another job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Bellevue, WA) in February 2009.

Interview

If you make it past the typing test be ready for Behavioral Simulations questions. As far as I know VZW still used the interview process outlined by the book "Landing the Job You Want by William C. Byham commonly know as the STAR system. It requires the interviewee to think on their feet by being able to relate to a hypothetical business situation with a past work/social experience. If you have time pick up a copy and read it through. If you don't be prepared for seeming oddly complicated scenario questions that will not at all be obvious how you are supposed to respond. Be honest (but businesslike) and try to think of a past work experience and how you dealt with a similar problem. For your own sake try and short as possible but still answer the core of the question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to satisfy a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, just an offer to start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in February 2008.

Interview

behavioral interview... for example name a time when you showed/did/acted/experienced........ blank....... and what was the outcome...... you have to give great examples keep the responses short and sweet. dont lie. be honest. they are looking for someone willing/open to work the schedule just the way it is the company has a pretty high turnover rate they appreciate ppl w/o much experience like str8 out of college (i heard 75% of the training class must have graduated or completed most of college)

Negotiation

no negotiations everyone started at the same

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.

Interview

Best advice to give anyone considering interviewing with vzw is to come prepared. Take time to research the position, the store, it's employees, and what verizon offers now and in the future. Be honest about your skills and past results. Questions Asked are all situation based. Come full of ideas, but come with real expectations on how, and when these ideas will be implemented

Interview Questions

• Tell what are your best attributes, what are your areas of opportunity   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2010.

Interview

Behavior oriented questions. Very repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a policy changed and you had to adjust.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. You can try but salary but salary seemed already locked in place