Verizon Wireless

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2009.

Interview Details – If you make it past the typing test be ready for Behavioral Simulations questions. As far as I know VZW still used the interview process outlined by the book "Landing the Job You Want by William C. Byham commonly know as the STAR system. It requires the interviewee to think on their feet by being able to relate to a hypothetical business situation with a past work/social experience. If you have time pick up a copy and read it through. If you don't be prepared for seeming oddly complicated scenario questions that will not at all be obvious how you are supposed to respond. Be honest (but businesslike) and try to think of a past work experience and how you dealt with a similar problem. For your own sake try and short as possible but still answer the core of the question.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to satisfy a customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, just an offer to start.

Longview, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.

Interview Details – detailed and behavorial based questions

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – another job

Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for 3 positions in the last 3 months in Murfreesboro, TN. I received an automated email that my app was received and someone would be contacting me. I never heard anything from Murfreesboro Verizon after that. A recruiter contacted me about a position at Verizon in Franklin, TN, so I applied for that position. After a couple of days, I received an email thanking me for my application but advising the position had been filled. I do know that use the STAR method for interviews.

Interview Question – I never heard back from Verizon to schedule an interview and I had 17 years customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Service
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone call from recruiter with basic questions about if I was still looking for employment, how did I hear about the position, my employment background, etc.... Then 2nd phone call from human resource with some pre-screening questions. Then was asked to come in and do a skills assessment test at the location, then interviewed in-person with the recruiter one-on-one and then did a second interview with a manager one-on-one. Got a call back next day, offered position, then had to do a drug screening. TIP: Use STAR format whenever possible and give detailed, specific answers.

Interview Question – name a time in which you had a disagreement with another co worker.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2008.

Interview Details – behavioral interview... for example name a time when you showed/did/acted/experienced........ blank....... and what was the outcome...... you have to give great examples keep the responses short and sweet. dont lie. be honest. they are looking for someone willing/open to work the schedule just the way it is the company has a pretty high turnover rate they appreciate ppl w/o much experience like str8 out of college (i heard 75% of the training class must have graduated or completed most of college)

Negotiation Details – no negotiations everyone started at the same

Customer Service Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2010.

Interview Details – Behavior oriented questions. Very repetitive.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time a policy changed and you had to adjust.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. You can try but salary but salary seemed already locked in place

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.

Interview Details – Best advice to give anyone considering interviewing with vzw is to come prepared. Take time to research the position, the store, it's employees, and what verizon offers now and in the future. Be honest about your skills and past results. Questions Asked are all situation based. Come full of ideas, but come with real expectations on how, and when these ideas will be implemented

Interview Question – Tell what are your best attributes, what are your areas of opportunity   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless Customer Service interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.