Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charlotte, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied at the beginning of June. Received an email about a week later for me to take the assessment. After I took the assessment (it took me about an hour), I received an email a few hours later telling me to set up a time for a phone interview. Please look over the company credo! The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of mainly behavior based questions and information on the position. I moved on to the final stage which was a face to face interview. This lasted about an hour. More behavior based questions and three role play scenarios. I was told I would know something in 7 -10 days.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most difficult part of this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

Hiring process: Submitted application. Received an email about 5 days later asking me to schedule a phone interview. It was nice to pick the time for my phone interview. Scheduled it for about 3 days later. Phone interview lasted about an hour and asked standard interview questions such as; "Tell me about yourself.", "Why do you want to work for Verizon?","Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer." and so on. After the phone interview they asked me to come the following day for an assessment test.

Assessment Test: Consisted of 7 sections. They test your multi-tasking skills buy having you match random number combinations while answering simulated phone calls. Additionally you have to type what someone was speaking. It was fairly easy. I was scheduled for a final interview the following week.

Final interview: The final interview consisted of mainly scenario based reenactments. You played the role of the representative while the manager played the customer to see how you handled various situations. The only awkward part for me was the "Sell me a product" scenario as I do not have a sales background.

Overall I found the recruiters and managers at Verizon to be very friendly and approachable. The process took 2-3 weeks not including the background check. I would recommend.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2015.

Interview

First of all it took them a week to contact me regarding my resume. I had a phone interview and then scheduled an assessment a few days later. The assessment was a joke and in no way can that be used to gauge what type of an employee you will be. I took the assessment which lasted over an hour and then was led down to the lobby and was told that I failed and that I could reapply in six months. No thank you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Dublin, OH).

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by face to face interview. Honestly cannot remember bc I worked for them back in 2007 and this review only goes back to 2011. Typical phone interview asking about your customer service experiences and why you want to work for VZW. Sorry but cannot remember bc so long ago.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember but they did have computer test to test keyboarding skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chandler, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Very tedious..phone interview..two face to face..another phone interview with HR then received verbal offer..then confirmed the offer after background check..please make sure your resume is accurate...this could have your offer withdrawn if it cant be verified through previous employers

Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Matthews, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Representative from "Talent" team made initial contact by phone then set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for a pass/fail assessment, which I passed. I was then set up for a face-to-face interview which I felt like went very well. I was told that it would take 7-10 business days for my background check to come back at which time an offer would be made but they would let me know "either way". So, after 10 business days, I emailed the recruiter who made initial contact with me that I was not selected for the position and when I inquired as to why (in a professional way), he never answered me. I feel like after 2 phone interviews and 2 visits to the actual call center, the least he could do was give me some feedback. I feel like they wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Would of been good had the interviewer not felt a way about where I was from. He looked at my resume and seen I was from NY and made a "stink face" so to speak and then proceeded to say "oh you're from New York?!" The interview would have went well if he wasn't so sarcastic. I didn't get an offer, and that's ok. He would have been my team leader and that wouldn't have worked out. For the record, I applied April 5th, got an email April 6th to schedule a phone interview (easy) but after the phone interview I didn't hear anything. long story short, they're a little unorganized, you have to stay on them. They do offer GREAT benefits though and if you get an offer you will definitely enjoy them. Good luck.

Oh yea, the computerized test is easy as long and you're good at managing your time.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Follow the star format. Light role play. You have to sell them a product. Do something you're familiar with (I.e your cell phone or tablet/ipad)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a bit lengthy, but it's because they truly care about who they are bringing into the company. After you apply, if you meet their requirements you take an assessment, if you pass that you get a phone interview, then an in person interview, then you have to pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• They ask that you simulate a sale in the in person interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

On April 11, 2015 I sent my resume into an employee that works for Verizon in Jacksonville, FL. On April 13, 2015 I received an email from a lady that I assume is with corporate, inviting me to do an Online Video Interview. After completing this interview I haven't heard anything back, its only been a couple days, and im unsure what the process is for them. A lot of people I've read about have done phone interviews, and I haven't read from anyone that they have done and online video interview, im not sure If I should consider that like a phone interview? im hoping to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the greatest, would you rate your knowledge of technology?   Answer Question