Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charlotte, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

On April 11, 2015 I sent my resume into an employee that works for Verizon in Jacksonville, FL. On April 13, 2015 I received an email from a lady that I assume is with corporate, inviting me to do an Online Video Interview. After completing this interview I haven't heard anything back, its only been a couple days, and im unsure what the process is for them. A lot of people I've read about have done phone interviews, and I haven't read from anyone that they have done and online video interview, im not sure If I should consider that like a phone interview? im hoping to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the greatest, would you rate your knowledge of technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charleston, SC).

Interview

It was a long process. I had two interviews. I thought it went good but I guess not because I didn't get it. I reapply but haven't heard anything yet. From what I heard it's stressful to work there.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Applied online followed by a phone interview then called in for an assessment. Passed the assessment and was schedualed for face to face interview. They showed me around the building asked some behavioral questions then did a mock call. It seemed to go veryvery well. Then she said ok youll hear from us in a couple days. A few days later recieved an email saying they found more qualified people.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview moved on to the face to face star interview ... Mainly discribe work related situations and 7 part assessment both went very well was called in to interview with department manger a few days later I believe it went very well but you never can tell until an formal offer is made been waiting about a week since second interview keeping my fingers crossed was told I would know if offer will be extend by the end of this week

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to deal with change in the work place and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online then later that same day I received a phone call to do a telephone interview. After the telephone interview I set an appointment for the next day to take the assessment test. I did not pass the assessment test. However I received a call the following week from an HR rep, stating that they had changes some stipulations for the assessment test and were wondering if I was still interested in continuing the interview process. (Of course I said YES). I set up my face to face interview and that went well. A few days later I received a call from the HR rep extending a verbal offer. He went over the offer with me on the phone and then said he was going to e-mail me a written copy of everything we had just went over along with some things I needed to complete before my start date. The drug test and background check are time sensitive (I suggest you not delay on those). Now I'm just waiting to hear that my drug test and background check came back clear and then I'm good to turn in my two week notice to my current job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for VZW? Where do you see yourself if 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Franklin, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

I started filling out my application on 3/24/15. I didn't finish it that night because it was late. I went to bed and when I woke up, I had an email from someone at Verizon asking if I was still interested in the position. On 3/25, I finished my application. On 3/26 I woke up and had an email requesting that I call to set up a phone interview. On 3/26 I called to set up an interview for 3/30/15. I had the interview today and I have a f2f interview at the HQ on 4/6. So the interview process is very quick.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific time when you had a lot of tasks to get done in a short amount of time? How did you choose which ones to do first and how to get them all done?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Initial interview is conducted through an talent acquisitions manager through the phone. Most questions are basic, and are reasonably typical: tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you resolved the problem, tell me about yourself, etc. Then they ask you to do a role play sales, generally they provide the information prior to the interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The process is different from when I came in. But, I your first interview is on the phone. (could be 2) Then you come in for testing, then a face to face. I believe the face to face could be 2 sessions as well. But, all in all is not bad. Focus on the STAR format and you should do just fine.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any difficult or unexpected questions that I got.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate but, I should have. The pay was pretty good for me starting because I wanted to get in as soon as I could.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process took about 3 weeks. Pretty routine as far as questions and screening process. Everyone I encountered spoke in present tense, "you will", "when you", "we will", Gave positive feedback at all levels of interview.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions used. Examples of difficult situations that were resolved. Role play to sell product or services.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Very cold offer, write down. Time of call, 48 hours to submit drug test . Background check starts immediately.