Verizon Wireless

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question
I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Initial interview is conducted through an talent acquisitions manager through the phone. Most questions are basic, and are reasonably typical: tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you resolved the problem, tell me about yourself, etc. Then they ask you to do a role play sales, generally they provide the information prior to the interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The process is different from when I came in. But, I your first interview is on the phone. (could be 2) Then you come in for testing, then a face to face. I believe the face to face could be 2 sessions as well. But, all in all is not bad. Focus on the STAR format and you should do just fine.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any difficult or unexpected questions that I got.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate but, I should have. The pay was pretty good for me starting because I wanted to get in as soon as I could.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2015.

Interview process took about 3 weeks. Pretty routine as far as questions and screening process. Everyone I encountered spoke in present tense, "you will", "when you", "we will", Gave positive feedback at all levels of interview.

Interview Questions
    • STAR questions used. Examples of difficult situations that were resolved. Role play to sell product or services.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Very cold offer, write down. Time of call, 48 hours to submit drug test . Background check starts immediately.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Applied online, got a call within a week for a phone interview. Called in for an in person interview. At that point took a computer test on my skills and personality. Then met with a floor supervisor. Then called to take a drug test at at lab. Got a call with an offer!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation in salary. Everyone started at 12.79 an hour.

Step 1 ) Phone interview
    2) Store interview
    3) get job and start 2 weeks later in nyc for training

The job is great and i think if you have the opportunity you should definitely take it , you get PTO and the benefits are immaculate , the 401 k plan rocks and its a technology company thats probably gonna run the world one day.

No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2014.

The same day I applied, I received an email requesting I schedule a time for a phone interview. I scheduled my phone interview for the next week and reviewed the information attached in the email as well which had information on the company, training schedule if hired, salary if hired and details on a product. During my phone interview, I was questioned about my past work history, why I wanted to work for Verizon and situational questions. The phone interview took about an hour. They gentleman conducting my interview said I did well and asked me to come in for an assessment the following week. The assessment was ok. However, in some sections, it is hard to gauge how well you may be doing because the questions and tasks were so left field in my mind. The assessment took me around 30-40 minutes to complete. After I finished the assessment I was taken out of the room and was told I passed and scheduled a 1:1 interview the next day. I enjoyed my 1:1 interview because I was in a comfortable room with one supervisor who made me feel at ease so that interview went well and lasted 45 minutes. I had to answer more situational questions, sell a product and do a mock customer call. I was told they would be in contact with me when they made a decision. A week later I was called and had to confirm information on my application and then they offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • "How does Verizon fit into your career goals." "Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer." "Name a time I had to complete a difficult task in a small time period."   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Hiring process is usually very long, required at least 4 interviews. The first was over the phone, the next was in person and for testing, the next was also in person, and the last was over the phone basically telling me that I had the job.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Pretty typical interview...process was long. Had to initially take a pass or fail test at the corporate office. Passed. Next was the actual interview like 2 days later. Asked all behavorial questions and made me sell a pen to the coach i interviewed with. Went very well and had the coach entertained.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2014.

Applied 11/14/14, I was called the same day and had a telephone interview and then went in the office for an assessment the next day. The final interview was scheduled at my convenience the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time in which you had to multi-task 2 or more things. How did you do it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation.