Verizon Wireless

Getting the Interview

137 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – The process requires a good resume, an interview, and basic computer testing. The interview process is a series of scenarios where you must give a specific example based on the question, detail what you did, and then tell what the results were. These questions vary with each interview. Most companies use the same interview process, so the more interviews you go on, the easier this becomes.

Interview Question – The hardest questions ask about a situation where you either made a mistake, or did not have the resources or information to resolve an issue.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiation. I had little experience, and they were offering substantially more that I was currently making, that I practically did somersaults when I accepted!

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very long! I originally applied online and was emailed to schedule a phone interview the same day. I scheduled it for 3 day later. When the recruiter contacted me she was very unprofessional. It seems as though she didn't want to do her job on a Saturday. She had her TV running in the back ground and gave off a nonchalant attitude. She then told me that if Verizon choose to proceed they would contact me via email in two days. Two days went by and still no email! I received the email 1 day before the hiring event. When i arrived the hiring event, almost 20 people were waiting to be checked in. Finally my name was called, I interviewed with a Jerk! apparently this guy is a store manager at one of the locations. He began to ask me a series of questions. I thought the interview was going great until he put his paper down and said,"it seems that you have worked for a lot of places, and these places have the same concept as Verizon and i don't the ink you understand who we are". i replied asking him what he was trying to imply. He stated i think you know where this is going, have you ever been to a hiring event? i stated yes, i have attended 3 and they were very similar to Verizon. So then he asked me how were they similar. I explained the process of speaking with recruiters, background check, panel interview, etc. He then asked me why should Verizon hire me? I gave my response and then he wrapped up by saying thank you and escorted me to the door. He put his had out and said Verizon will be in contact with you. I refused to shake his hand and walked out. I have never been turned down for a job, his interview style was absolutely unprofessional. To later hear form an employees that the manager stated that i belong behind a desk, i was very disappointed in Verizon that a manger would stereotype me in that manner. About a week later i received a phone cal form another recruiter. He was very professional and we were able to make a connection. He explained to me that they had filled all of the positions in my area but they had more in another district, I wasn't happy but I really wanted a fair chance at another interview so i decide to go. I was told to come to head quarters, to do the entire interview process all over again. The employees at headquarters more friendly. The interview was very long it took 3 hours. When i finished with the final interview process i wasn't told that i would be contacted, i think that the gentleman forgot. two days later i was contacted by another recruiter and was offered a position with Verizon.

Interview Question – Regular interview behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I expected about 4k more but i took what they offered.

Charleston, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

Interview Details – I am currently going through the hiring process for Verizon!! I was contacted a couple days after posting my application on their website. I scheduled to have my first phone interview 3/21 it went very well!! I then took a computer assessment test on 2/24 which was not difficult either. After the test I scheduled another phone interview (this time the question were asked in STAR format) that following day. Again I felt like I did well on this interview too :) (it was a little harder than the first but the interviewer was very friendly)..I am now waiting to hear back and see if I will go through with the face to face interview with a hiring manager. Fingers cross and prayers sent I get the position!

Interview Question – average STAR format interview question..fairly easy if you have customer service experience   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Longview, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online. Heard from the recruiter pretty quickly. First we set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard. You talk about your background and qualifications. They got back with me pretty quickly to set up an interview. For the customer service rep position they have you take some testing (it was scenarios, phone queue testing, customer service questions and navigating technology type test). I interviewed after the test with an HR Manager. The interview was in a conference room and she sat on the opposite end of the conference table. She took LOTS of notes during the interview, so don't let that make you uncomfortable. Just say what you need to say and then be silent until they ask the next question. The questions aren't too bad, just pretty much all behavioral. If you pass the initial interview, they set up a time with you at the end of the interview to come back to interview with one of the managers. The interview with the manager was a lot easier. He was super friendly, offered to get me a drink and told me not to be nervous. We basically just talked about my background, why I wanted to work there and talked about what a typical day was like there at the call center. During this interview I was able to find out more about the company culture and day-to-day work.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions. Make sure you prepare some examples to use. If you look online at behavioral questions and prepare for those, you should do pretty well. One of the questions they asked me was "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Verizon is pretty good about offering you a competitive rate for your area. I didn't negotiate because it was more than I was making at my current job. After I accepted their offer, they did notify me that they were going to increase my pay due to recent income research they did for that area.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was extremely lengthy and irrelevant to the actual job that I applied for. There is not a very good work life balance. Somewhat unprofessional and most of the people that you are managed by are only concerrned about their personal and do not want to help you reach your individual goals

Interview Question – how do you troubleshhot for internet connectivity issues   Answer Question

Rockaway, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2013.

Interview Details – Easy...applied online. Was contacted by recruiter within a week.

Interview Question – There really wasn't...simple generic what if's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was offered what I expected based on experience.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Applied online and received response within 2 weeks time. Started with phone interview lasting about 15-20 minutes, STAR method. Was scheduled for in person assessment witihn 5 days which was not difficult at all in my opinion. Response time after passing the in-person assessment was immediate so moved on to an inperson interview that same day and got my job offer within 5 days.

Interview Question – None really. If you have call center experience, the interview is the same as any other.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted what they offered, needed the job.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2010.

Interview Details – The process was very extensive for a call center position. I had two phone interviews, along with a computer assessment, and a final face-to-face interview. I found that the interviewers were very congenial throughout the entire process. They were responsive during the interview and the entire process as well.

Interview Question – I would say that it was difficult to answer some of these questions given my previous work experience. I found it difficult to be able to apply some of my experiences to the specific questions. I attribute that difficulty to not being familiar with the STAR interview format at the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available for the position.

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.

Interview Details – It is a multi step process with 2 phone interviews and one in person. First one is with a recruiter and is about 45 mins. The second is with a hiring manager and lasts about an hour. The last is in person with a hiring manager and is about an hour.

Interview Question – Lots of situation questions. Ex: Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a customer issue...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Rochester, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very detailed. A lot of questions regarding different situations.

Interview Question – Good questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 137 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.