Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

3.1

167 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question
I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2014.

The process had three main stages: A phone interview, an assessment and a final in-person interview.

I applied online with Verizon 14 days prior to being hired. I received an email from a representative asking me to provide a pair of days followed with times that I would be available for a phone interview. After that was done, I received a second email confirming my interview date and time. They also provided me with some information to look over before the interview.

I received a phone call from the person I was scheduled to interview with on the appropriate date at the appropriate time described in the confirmation email. The interview went something along these lines: A discussion of work history, a few questions about why I desired to work at Verizon Wireless, an overview of the job, as well as about five behavioral-based questions that I had to answer in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). This interview was about 45 minutes long. At the end of the interview, I was invited to attend the on-site skills assessment at the location I would be working upon successful hire. I was given several date options and two time options; 10AM and 2PM. I accepted and came in on the soonest possible date at 2PM. I was told to arrive 10 minutes early, bring a valid photo ID with me to the assessment and dress professionally.

Upon arrival on the assessment date, I was greeted at the front desk and given a name sticker after showing them my ID. I waited with two other candidates in the front until finally being taken back to the assessment room and having the process explained by a Verizon Wireless employee. The entire assessment is taken on company computers.

We were given an 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete the entire assessment. It was divided up into seven parts.

Upon passing the assessment, I went back to the front waiting area and was eventually pulled back and informed that I had passed. I was then given a list of available days and times to be interviewed in person. Again, I selected the soonest possible date.

The interview was with a supervisor from the call center where I would be working. It was similar to the phone interview in that we discussed my work history and Verizon Wireless' benefits as well as my reason for wanting to work at Verizon. She asked me a single behavior-based question, but it didn't require a STAR-formatted response. After that, we jumped into three role play scenarios which I had to improvise. The first one was to sell her anything in this room. I chose to sell her my iPhone. For the next two role plays, I was given a sheet to look over. On one side were three cell phone options with various add-ons and on the other were three wireless plans with varying degrees of minutes and data, as well as more add-ons. The next role play was that of me taking a call for an upset customer who's cell phone bill is too high. The final role play is a mother who is ready to upgrade her phone and wants phones for her two teens. Just handle these the best you can. More likely than not, you will not get some of these role play scenarios.

Upon successfully complete the interview I was told to expect a call within three days. On day number two after the interview, I was called and given a conditional offer of employment. I had to submit to a background check as well as complete drug testing within 48 hours. Just follow all of the instructions the recruiter gives on the phone and read through the emails and complete any required actions and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a difficult task and little time to accomplish it, what did you do?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. The salary is set in stone from the beginning.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I pride myself on my customer service skills and my ability to resolve what could be difficult situations.Which drive sales and conditioned people. It was not as long and Argonauts as people explained. I had a god phone interview and a good assessment test. Thye are very nice people

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wallingford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Phone call to come in for job fair, went and was brought on a tour, then did an interview which was pretty basic just to see if i was a people person. Then had to do a test to see what my typing skill and thinking skills were like and then final interview

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an angry customer came on the line.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

called for an interview, speak w/ manager, then H.R. rep. once taken for offer, you go to the office to perform a mock call with a guest about products and services and the account. assist with billing or technical issues or both.

Interview Questions
    • name a time you had a good experience and what was it about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2014.

I first received an email asking to be set up for a phone interview the week of Aug 3. I was showed numerous time slots and told to pick one. I selected the week of august 10th.
    In the phone interview she asked me questions of why I want to work for Verizon. What I liked about the position, benefits, credo and what I did not like. She asked me about myself and verified my employment history on my resume. The then asked me STAR interview questions. After this she told me I had successful completed the interview and I would move on to the next step, which was the assessment test. During this interview you can tell it is scripted and they follow a flow.
    Assessment.
    Many people will say that if you can read and write you can pass the test! This is not true. If you are a regular are advanced computer user it will be like reading or writing. If you are not, you will have a hard time passing. I took my test on the week of the 17th. I showed up and was brought to a room with computers in it. Kind of like a voting booth but no privacy curtain. You can shop around for more info about the test. But this is what I remember (Each section is timed – countdown). First part is a basic survey and questions. For example I desire a job where (I do nothing all day or I am challenged every day). The next part is your regular questions about ethics and stuff. You know the ones about if someone stole something would you tell the manager. The next part is listening to customer calls and deciding the appropriate answer from Very good to the worst. Next part was like bingo. A number popped up and you had to find it in the card on the left side of the screen and click it. The net part was typing. Retyping sentences and typing recorded sentences. The next part was call routing. Incoming calls can in and you had to transfer them to the right department while also verifying numbers on the left side of the screen to see if they match. There may be a few other things I missed but you can find those if you hunt through the interview list. Now I did not finish one section so if you did make it on one section do not worry as I still passed. I want to say quality of quantity but I only missed one section. Also there is the critical thinking one with the boat. Someone else explained it will on here.
    Like I said this test is not for everyone. I am a strong computer user who can multitask and type 54 wpm. If you are on here, more than likely you will be able to pass the test. If you were smart enough to research the position. But if you do not use the computer on a daily base or know how to type there is a good chance you will not pass the test.
    I was then setup for another interview the next day. This was a interview with a supervisor. She asked me a few behavioral questions. A few questions about the job and my resume. We also played some role playing. She acted like a customer and I tried to help her solve the problem. She then asked me to sell her a item. I was caught off guard completely but I still made it through. I am not a seller. After this my interview was over and I received an offer the following week.
    So in total it took 5 weeks before I walked in the door full time.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They pay is set in stone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

2 phone interviews and 2 in-person. First was very basic phone call (less than 10 minutes) where I was asked to give an example of how I would sell a Bluetooth speaker. Second phone was more questions about my experience and how to handle hypothetical customer/employee interactions.

1st in person was two managers reading questions from a script (5 year plan? Biggest area of opportunity for you? Biggest strength,...). 2nd interview was with district manager, who asked about how I would be a team player, 5 year plan, and how I would be pro-Verizon for all my life et al.

All in all, a very simple and expected corporate model for interviews. Nothing surprising and nothing bad.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to report. Read any "interview guide" ever made and you will get a very clear sense of what will happen here. One tip: Look up the company motto and be thoroughly versed in the wording to make yourself stand out. Buzz words work in this line of work.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. This is a major company with a one-size-fits-all entry pay for every level of employment and experience set. I happened to be on the top end of the experience so I got offered as much as they could.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

The interview process took about 3 weeks from start to finish. Got a email July 10/14 from a recruiter who said I had made it to the second stage of the hiring process. Had a phone interview about a week later.
    Passed the phone interview and she set up an appointment for me to do a skills exam. The exam is about 2 hrs long and has things like data entry, listing to phone calls and rating the customer service as well as reading comprehension.
    Afterwards she told me I had passed. Made an appointment for a face to face. The interview was not very long they asked me about 4 questions and they wanted them answered in STAR format. Afterwards they gave me a tour of the facility and offered me the job. Best advice I can give is do not lie on your application about anything. If you have anything on your criminal record or have something on your background that you think will prevent you from getting hired just be up front with them.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when customer was not pleased with your companies customer service. what was the situation and what did you do to resolve?   Answer Question
    no negotiation accept or decline

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Interviewed with Verizon July 2014. I was emailed saying I made it to the first stages of the interview process which was a phone interview. I made an appointment for a phone interview 3 days later. I passed the interview and was scheduled to take the assessment after the interview was over. I took the assessment the following day. I waited after the assessment was over & I was told I passed. I was asked if I wanted to move to the next stage of the interview process. I told them yes. I was told I would be contacted within the next day or two, but it took them 5 days. I'm scheduled for my final interview tomorrow. Will update.
    UPDATE: I had my final interview & I was offered a position on the spot. I was pretty nervous, but I always kept a smile on my face. All the questions I prepared for, they didn't ask. The final question was why should we hire you? They only asked 4 questions total. They first three were situational. Tell me a time when....? Make sure you use the star format. After the questions we did a role play. I had to pick a device & sell it. I chose an iPhone. After the role play the interview was over. I asked several questions. I interviewed with the director & assistant director. Afterwards they gave me a tour of the call center. They spoke with me for a while about how everything operates. At that point I was feeling pretty confident. I was really engaging & they didn't hesitate to answer all my questions & tell me all the perks. After the tour, they made me wait in the lobby. They came back out five minutes later and offered me the job! My advice is smile at everyone while you're waiting in the lobby to be called for your interview. I happen to speak to both of my interviewers without even knowing who they were, so my first impression was already made. Be confident! Know & understand the star format before your interview because you'll be required to answer all questions in that manner. Make sure you ask questions. I asked what a typical day would look like? What's the next steps in the interview process? And I asked my interviewers how long they had been with the company? They both seemed to love telling me about how they got to the position they were in.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview: Why Verizon? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me a time where you delivered exceptional customer service? Then we did a role play scenario.

Face to face: 3 situational questions (Name a time when..,?).
      Why should me hire you?
      Role play (sell me interviewer something of my choice).
        Answer Question
    No negotiations, but the pay is decent, the benefits are excellent, the discounts are unmatched & guaranteed a raise every year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I submitted my application and resume online and received an email from a recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled for a few days later and the recruiter asked a couple of star behavioral questions and asked about my experience. At the end of the call she asked me to schedule and assessment at the Tampa location. I took the assessment and didn't finish ALL of the portions and was escorted out when I was done without a word on whether I passed or not. The following day I received a call advising that I passed the assessment and that they wanted a face to face interview as soon as possible. Being a Tuesday I went ahead and scheduled the interview for the following day. I interviewed with a Tech support manager and the director of the call center and they asked numerous behavioral questions,experience questions,and then had me listen to a couple of call snippets and critique and answer questions about it. I then left the interview without an offer and no idea as to how well I did. The director seemed surprised that I'd been out of the workforce for a little while even though I'd clearly communicated that to the original recruiter so that was kind of awkward. It's now almost a week later and still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Listening to calls and giving a critique and answering questions about it.   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!