Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
154 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Verizon July 2014. I was emailed saying I made it to the first stages of the interview process which was a phone interview. I made an appointment for a phone interview 3 days later. I passed the interview and was scheduled to take the assessment after the interview was over. I took the assessment the following day. I waited after the assessment was over & I was told I passed. I was asked if I wanted to move to the next stage of the interview process. I told them yes. I was told I would be contacted within the next day or two, but it took them 5 days. I'm scheduled for my final interview tomorrow. Will update.
UPDATE: I had my final interview & I was offered a position on the spot. I was pretty nervous, but I always kept a smile on my face. All the questions I prepared for, they didn't ask. The final question was why should we hire you? They only asked 4 questions total. They first three were situational. Tell me a time when....? Make sure you use the star format. After the questions we did a role play. I had to pick a device & sell it. I chose an iPhone. After the role play the interview was over. I asked several questions. I interviewed with the director & assistant director. Afterwards they gave me a tour of the call center. They spoke with me for a while about how everything operates. At that point I was feeling pretty confident. I was really engaging & they didn't hesitate to answer all my questions & tell me all the perks. After the tour, they made me wait in the lobby. They came back out five minutes later and offered me the job! My advice is smile at everyone while you're waiting in the lobby to be called for your interview. I happen to speak to both of my interviewers without even knowing who they were, so my first impression was already made. Be confident! Know & understand the star format before your interview because you'll be required to answer all questions in that manner. Make sure you ask questions. I asked what a typical day would look like? What's the next steps in the interview process? And I asked my interviewers how long they had been with the company? They both seemed to love telling me about how they got to the position they were in.

Interview Question – Phone interview: Why Verizon? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me a time where you delivered exceptional customer service? Then we did a role play scenario.

Face to face: 3 situational questions (Name a time when..,?).
Why should me hire you?
Role play (sell me interviewer something of my choice).
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, but the pay is decent, the benefits are excellent, the discounts are unmatched & guaranteed a raise every year.

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applies June 4, 2014
I received a email for a phone interview June 5, 2014
1st phone interview June 9, 2014
Assessment test June 11, 2014
2nd Phone interview June 11, 2014 (Yes the same day)
3rd interview (face to face) June 21, 2014
Accepted the job July 7, 2014
Start date August 25, 2014

Yes the process is long, but I feel like with any good job it is worth it. All the interviews lasted 30 minutes to a hour. The assessment test was about 2 hours. If you have basis computer skills the assessment test is easy to pass. The 2nd and 3rd interview ask the same questions. The 1st interview just asked about you work history and if you have a long break in between employment they ask why. They do face to face interviews 7 days a week (I was surprised). They ask for a college degree on the job description, but If you have any type of customer service skills you will get a call. Just make sure you fill the application out completely, and don't leave anything out. This includes any criminal background you may have. Good Luck to all that apply!

Interview Question – I didn't find anything difficult about the process. The wait is just long.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, take it or leave it

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dublin, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details – It took me close to three weeks before being asked for the job out in Dublin Ohio. The reviews below are about the same as i went through:

(First week) First step was the phone screening which lasted 45 minutes (Tuesday). i get nervous regardless that i passed it and drenched my t-shirt lol. It was simple questions about your employment history, benefits that come with working at Verizon, can you work any type of hours, why you want to work here type of questions. I could can tell the phone interviewer was very 'scripted' as he was robotic sounding over the phone. Working in another call center myself, i can understand that we have guidelines of how professional we must be but, there was zero emotion in his tone. Very strict and i didn't want to lose an opportunity trying to 'loosen' him up.

(First week) After the phone screening, i was immediately asked to come up to the office to do an assessment same day. I was unable to therefore, it got scheduled two days later (Thursday). The Assessment was 7 parts which challenges you to focus, listen, read, and choosing the correct answer in the allotted time. I had two challenges with one being the listening part, containing 3 dialogues and selecting the best/moderate/worst answer. You may like answer 'A' and go with best choice, then when you listen to 'B', you may have a change of heart. This held me up for a bit and i didn't get a chance to completely finish the last one in time. The other one was multitasking which involved matching numbers while listening to a phone call and transferring that call to an available agent. I thought it would be fairly simple until you listen to the call, then as soon as you try to transfer it to the correct rep, they go unavailable haha. So i played with the numbers part until they went available and continued to do my best. It took me roughly 70-80 mins to complete. I passed and was asked if i wanted to do the in-person interview. I once again had to ask for a different date and was given next week.

(Second week) Verizon called me and asked if they could get me in earlier. I accepted to come in earlier. The in-person was basic knowledge of yours skills for the job, employment history, STAR questions, and listening to phone calls then asking a few questions on what you would have done better or if the rep went above the beyond sort of thing. I had a tiny bit of trouble keeping focus because I had my interview within the Supervisors cubicle. To the left, i could hear another Supervisor conducting an interview with somebody else, then behind me, there was a rep taking calls. I felt the interview went great. I was physically and mentally prepared for i wanted to take a big step forward career wise.

(Second week) I was told on the same week (Friday) that they wanted to offer me the job. Alright!!! Now i'm currently in the process of having the employment background/criminal check done. You have 48 hours to complete a drug test. They will e-mail you all of this information on who to call, and setting up your account.

(Third week) I received a phone call from there third party company 'Acheck' to provide some information. I submitted my drug text within this week and am now just awaiting for everything to clear. Since fourth of July is this week, i'm unsure if it will finish before this week or if i have to wait till next week. Either way, i'm pretty confident everything will be okay. Start date will be July 14th.

I felt a sense of pride when offered the job. You really believe you deserved it for not just anybody can pass an assessment/interview. I am excited and ready to work for Verizon.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation. They tell you what the salary base is going to be. Its even posted on the job posting.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – There is a standard phone screening. After this, you are then invited to take a rather lengthy series of exams and tests. Once this is completed, should you pass, you are then invited back for an interview with no less than two people. During this interview, you will be required to answer STAR questions, listen to calls and review them, and discuss your resume.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, just STAR questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. You start at the bottom and they offer the start date and advise you of your salary.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for position, received a phone call for an interview a month later, phone interview, in-person interview. Asked generic behavioral questions. Attended new hire training for 4 weeks in orange burg, ny.

Interview Question – Tell me about your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Wilmington, NC

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details – My hiring process began on June 12th 2014. I had my initial interview and tour after being invited to an open house two days prior. I was passed to the next stage and scheduled to take the assessment the next morning.

The assessment wasn't difficult for me and I completed it first out of the room full of applicants. I was taken into the hall and informed that I passed. Then told that instead of a phone interview, that I would have an in person interview right then. It was with the same HR person as my initial interview. I passed that one and schedule my third final interview for Saturday morning.

The final interview was with a customer service supervisor. The interview was several parts. Some background info, "why do you wanna work for verizon?", etc. Then a few sample calls to critique.

Monday June 16th I received my call and offer. I accepted and begin training on June 24th once my background and drug test come through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Set salary of $28k/year

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process took 10 days. I applied on 6/1. The next day I got an email from a recruiter inviting me to interview during their open interview days. I did my first interview on 6/5 with an hr representative. Afterwards, he invited me to take an assessment, which took about 50 minutes to complete. I was notified that I passed my assessment, and was asked to come for a second interview on 6/10. My second interview was conducted by two supervisors, and they asked STAR type questions. Afterwards, I was asked to stay for a third interview with the associate director and I was asked similar questions. She then gave me a tour of the call center and told me someone from hr would call me later today. She didn't say if I had the job or not. About 2 hours later, an hr rep called and gave me another mini interview which basically asked why I felt I was a good fit for the company and if I was capable of handling working in a call center. He then gave me a conditional job offer and gave me the information I would need for the background and drug tests. I start on 6/16!

Interview Question – Basic star interview questions based on passed experience. Be as specific in direct as possible in your interview. I was really nervous during my second interview. Afterwards, one of the supervisors gave me pointers on how to handle the third interview. Just be confident in your answers and you will do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. They offered more than what I was expecting.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online twice. recived a phone call from a recuriter that was a precreen. Very profesional but felt a bit robotic. could tell they were sticking to a script. I was then recommended for their computer assessment. Had to travel 3 hours and they understood that so they let me schedule further in advance. I was told that I had passed and they gave me a tour of the facility. I was applying to a job in UT but the center in AZ stil tok the time to get to know me and make me feel welcome. I then had a interview over the phone with their HR. Then the same day had a over the phone interview with a supervisor. after the assessment was done things went very quickly.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you had a difficult conversation with a customer. Tell me about thesituation and the result.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation becuase they are very up front with what they are offering and they can't waiver from that. so you either like what is offered or you decline.

Elgin, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied may 12 got an email on the 20th inviting me to an open house event on the 21st. In the email there was information about the "credo" and their accessory of the month go over both they'll asked about each during the interview. I had my first interview during the open house it lasted about 30 mins about 6 question (why do you want to work here, how connected are you to technology) basic questions and was scheduled to take the assessment that same day after the interview.
Assessment had 7 parts all were timed! lasted about 1hr 1/2 mostly common sense & multitasking skills, problem solving & typing. ( Please read EVERYTHING & take advantage of the practice questions. I was told immediately after that I passed then I scheduled phone interview for the next day on Thursday. The phone interview lasted about 15 mins it went well I received a call a few hours later inviting me to a face to face with a supervisor the next day on Friday. It lasted about 30 mins 6 behavioral based questions & I listened to 4 real customer calls & was asked 2 questions about each one. I thought the interview was going bad because I didn't receive any feedback & although the supervisor was nice she didn't show any emotions to my answers. After my last interview i was told i would be contacted within 3 to 7. I received an email that following Tuesday from a hr rep stating the I was identified as a top candidate & to set up a time to go over my application to make sure everything was up to date. I received an email instantly after I talk with the hr rep with my offer letter! I was told that i had 48hrs to complete my drug screen. I also received an email with a link to sign & view new hire forms. I signed my background consent form may 27 took drug test may 28 i got an email from a-check requesting I upload a picture of my hs diploma on may 29. I got an email today June 3 stating that my background is cleared and closed and I am confirmed to start work on June 26!! The process is lengthy but worth it! I hope this helps someone in need.

Interview Question – Name a time where the way that you did things at work changed. Whàt was the situation? How did you handle it? What challenge do you think you would face with the job you're applying for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No the starting pay is 28,000 I didn't try to negotiation.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!