Verizon Wireless

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
152 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Chicago, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially notified by phone that they were interested. I was then subjected to a preliminary interview and was told that I would be called at a designated time for another interview. I received instructions and a company overview by mail. The second interview took place and it was horrible! I felt as if the person on the other end did not want me to go any further in the process. He seemed to want to find anything to incriminate me. Yes, I was fired in 2006, no I did not read the company credo. I did not notice the credo at the bottom of the email, so make sure you know that. When the interview was over...I knew that it wasn't happening. I felt like my time was wasted.

Interview Question – Do you know or can you explain the company credo?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, there were two phone interviews, a 1:1 interview and personality/skills test as well as a drug test anad background test.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had a technical problem, describe the issue and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview is in STAR format... Situation, Task, Action you took, Result. Be prepaired because interviews at VZW are done professionally. IF you interview well, you will get a job even if your skill set is low. If you don't interview well, it doesn't matter if you are the top leader in what you do, you will not get the job.

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Elgin, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of one phone interview, skills testing, three in-person interviews, a background check, and a drug test. Background check seemed like you were getting a job with the FBI. This was the longest hiring process that I'd ever been through, but employers can be really picky in this economy.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to tell a customer no?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, everyone starts with the same salary and benefits and this information is given to you before your first interview.

Elgin, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, Skills Testing, One on one interview w/ recruiter then one on one interview with supervisor, offer. One good tip that I got from an interviewer there was to not use the words "we" or "us" because there weren't any other people being interviewed. This was no doubt the LONGEST interview process I had ever been through and then they only gave me enough time to put in notice at my job on Friday to start Monday, although I told them at the beginning of the process that I wanted to give two weeks notice to my previous employer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to tell a customer "no". What are you the worst at? What would a person that didn't like you personally say about you? Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to get the job done. I've interviewed 500 people for this position. Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Everyone starts at the same hourly wage and same schedule.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – So far I've had 2 phone interviews as well as a test

Interview Question – All the questions are behavioral. At the end of the interview I wasn't told if I passed the interview or not. The waiting begins now, I guess. Its stressful. Please just be prepared for a lot of "tell me about a time" questions.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via phone to come in for an in person interview. When I arrived I took a test with a group of about 4 other people on a computer. It was a skills and personality test. After I completed this test I waited in the lobby for a few minutes and was then called in to interview 1:1 with a recruiter and a customer service supervisor. I was given a tentative offer on the spot, and received an official job offer over the phone the following day.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was answering about hypothetical customer service situations and how I would solve them. I was also asked to describe an experience I had in the past with a negative customer interaction, and what I was able to do in order to turn the interaction into a positive one.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't know enough to negotiate - I was fresh out of college and this was my first 'real' job. They base initial salary off of experience + education, so I'd recommend negotiating and emphasizing your relevant skills. They likely won't negotiate on things like sick leave, vacation time, etc. as I believe it's standardized company-wide for each position and years with the company.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, a test, and one in person interview followed by drug/background screen.

They use STAR (Situation. Task. Action. Result.) format. Whatever answer you give, be as specific as possible, as if you're telling a story. It can be helpful to use the phrase "As a result" to highlight the outcome of the scenario you are are giving.

Interview Question – None of the questions were terribly hard to answer. Just remember to be as specific as possible and use that STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Everyone starts at the same wage.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Phone interview, "personality" quiz and basic math/tech assessment in a room in HR with others followed by an interview with HR staff, followed by interview with a manager/supervisor. Very thorough background check and drug screen

Interview Question – STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result)-Be as specific as possible. They will ask you for a specific time that such and such happened in a previous work experience and how it was handled. They want you to answer in that specific format. And they have a thick booklet of those questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Applied online. I had a phone interview/screening which was about 45mins. Was invited to do an skills assessment at Verizon that took about an hour. Did a 2nd detail phone interview. That was another hour. Then did a 3rd face-to-face interview at the company.

Interview Question – Have I ever told someone no when helping a customer and provide complete details?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I attempt to negotiate salary. Informed that there is no negotiation for salary for this position. They said it is a requirement to stay in the position for 6 months before they will move you into a higher paying position. Even attempt to negotiate 3months before consideration to be move and they said that was an requirement as well.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 152 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.