Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charleston, SC) in April 2011.

Interview

phone interview was simple. it was basic questions seeing how customer oriented you are. then scheduled to take an assessment that test accuracy and speed. its best to not use the back space because it indicates mistakes made.the final interview very similar to phone interview. then days later the offer was accepted.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to deal with a combative client and step by step instructions on the resolution.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a bit lengthy, but it's because they truly care about who they are bringing into the company. After you apply, if you meet their requirements you take an assessment, if you pass that you get a phone interview, then an in person interview, then you have to pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• They ask that you simulate a sale in the in person interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Nashville, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process went fast. It took about 2-3 weeks in total. First the was a phone interview, afterwards I was scheduled for a comprehension computerized interview, after that was my face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to overcome a conflict with someone? What was the situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied at the beginning of June. Received an email about a week later for me to take the assessment. After I took the assessment (it took me about an hour), I received an email a few hours later telling me to set up a time for a phone interview. Please look over the company credo! The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of mainly behavior based questions and information on the position. I moved on to the final stage which was a face to face interview. This lasted about an hour. More behavior based questions and three role play scenarios. I was told I would know something in 7 -10 days.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most difficult part of this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Took about 2 months, a few phone interviews a month after the initial application, and then an interview at the store with 2 managers where you went over basic interview questions and then did a role play where you had to sell your phone

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a problem in a change in the pay structure that arose amongst your peers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Would of been good had the interviewer not felt a way about where I was from. He looked at my resume and seen I was from NY and made a "stink face" so to speak and then proceeded to say "oh you're from New York?!" The interview would have went well if he wasn't so sarcastic. I didn't get an offer, and that's ok. He would have been my team leader and that wouldn't have worked out. For the record, I applied April 5th, got an email April 6th to schedule a phone interview (easy) but after the phone interview I didn't hear anything. long story short, they're a little unorganized, you have to stay on them. They do offer GREAT benefits though and if you get an offer you will definitely enjoy them. Good luck.

Oh yea, the computerized test is easy as long and you're good at managing your time.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Follow the star format. Light role play. You have to sell them a product. Do something you're familiar with (I.e your cell phone or tablet/ipad)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Hilliard, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process can be long once you apply you will wait for a call back. Someone in HR will call you if interrsted and send you an email of info to read and a video to watch and they will also setup a phone interview. You have to read and watch the video becaise you will be asked about it. You will have the phone interview then someone will call you again to have you come in for assessment, if you pass you will setup a face to face interview. After the face to face you will complete a background check which is EXTENSIVE. Mine took 3 weeks for no reason

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2015.

Interview

First of all it took them a week to contact me regarding my resume. I had a phone interview and then scheduled an assessment a few days later. The assessment was a joke and in no way can that be used to gauge what type of an employee you will be. I took the assessment which lasted over an hour and then was led down to the lobby and was told that I failed and that I could reapply in six months. No thank you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

There is a phone interview, then followed by a test. Then two face to face interviews. The second face to face, you get to listen to some calls and the manager wants to know if you feel that the customer service representative did their best and if they didn't the manager wants to know what you would have done differently.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you dealt with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

One telephone interview, after the phone interview there was a second interview at the office where there was computer skill testing and aptitude testing, Once the first two stages were complete there was a final interview with an offer of employment, contingent upon passing a drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in customer service?   1 Answer