Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

It was a long process. I had two interviews. I thought it went good but I guess not because I didn't get it. I reapply but haven't heard anything yet. From what I heard it's stressful to work there.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2015.

Started with a phone interview moved on to the face to face star interview ... Mainly discribe work related situations and 7 part assessment both went very well was called in to interview with department manger a few days later I believe it went very well but you never can tell until an formal offer is made been waiting about a week since second interview keeping my fingers crossed was told I would know if offer will be extend by the end of this week

Interview Questions
    • name a time you had to deal with change in the work place and how did you handle it   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Applied online followed by a phone interview then called in for an assessment. Passed the assessment and was schedualed for face to face interview. They showed me around the building asked some behavioral questions then did a mock call. It seemed to go veryvery well. Then she said ok youll hear from us in a couple days. A few days later recieved an email saying they found more qualified people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2015.

Interview process took about 3 weeks. Pretty routine as far as questions and screening process. Everyone I encountered spoke in present tense, "you will", "when you", "we will", Gave positive feedback at all levels of interview.

Interview Questions
    • STAR questions used. Examples of difficult situations that were resolved. Role play to sell product or services.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Very cold offer, write down. Time of call, 48 hours to submit drug test . Background check starts immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2011.

the first round was a phone interview. asked basic questions like name a time you were face with a difficult task. what did you do to overcome it. next was the face to face. it was about 6 questions asked. they want their response in a specific format. must describe the Situation, then Tasks taken,Approach and Results produced.

Interview Questions
    • name a time you have dealt with a difficult coworker. what did you do to resolve the issue   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2011.

Applied online, took about 2 weeks before a recruiter contacted me via email. Then we set up a Phone Interview, pretty standard. She went over my background, skills, experience, focusing on Customer Service. A little bit of behavioral questions towards the end of the phone Interview. Then she called me the following day to ask me to go into the office for a face to face Interview. Think it was within the same week. At the office, I was first interviewed by 2 people, including the same lady who interviewed me over the phone. She was very nice, the gentleman too. Same standard questions including behavioral mostly. Then they asked me to wait at the waiting room. After about 1 hr, they called me again, this time I was interviewed by a guy, who said he was a coordinator in Technical Support. He asked me about computers, multi-tasking skills, etc. Then he again send me back to the waiting area. After about half hr, he came back and told me I got the job pending must undergo background screening. No drug test at that time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a professional goal that you set up, and how you achieved it.   View Answer
    The starting pay per hour was fixed for all entry-level CSR's. Started at $12.98/hr in 2010. But the was annual cash bonuses paid to everyone based off performance.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Initial interview is conducted through an talent acquisitions manager through the phone. Most questions are basic, and are reasonably typical: tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you resolved the problem, tell me about yourself, etc. Then they ask you to do a role play sales, generally they provide the information prior to the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2014.

Pretty typical interview...process was long. Had to initially take a pass or fail test at the corporate office. Passed. Next was the actual interview like 2 days later. Asked all behavorial questions and made me sell a pen to the coach i interviewed with. Went very well and had the coach entertained.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The process is different from when I came in. But, I your first interview is on the phone. (could be 2) Then you come in for testing, then a face to face. I believe the face to face could be 2 sessions as well. But, all in all is not bad. Focus on the STAR format and you should do just fine.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any difficult or unexpected questions that I got.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate but, I should have. The pay was pretty good for me starting because I wanted to get in as soon as I could.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2012.

Severak interviews first come two over the phone interview also basic questions such as what is your strongest and weakest strengths and what type I'd phones and applications are you familiar with then you get invited to an intensive typing and questionable test. And two face to face interviews be prepared for at least a one hour interview filled with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your coworker and how did you del with the situation?   View Answer
    • Give us an example of how you would sell a product   View Answer
    No negotiation great package!