Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

3.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

On April 11, 2015 I sent my resume into an employee that works for Verizon in Jacksonville, FL. On April 13, 2015 I received an email from a lady that I assume is with corporate, inviting me to do an Online Video Interview. After completing this interview I haven't heard anything back, its only been a couple days, and im unsure what the process is for them. A lot of people I've read about have done phone interviews, and I haven't read from anyone that they have done and online video interview, im not sure If I should consider that like a phone interview? im hoping to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the greatest, would you rate your knowledge of technology?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Columbia, SC) in February 2011.

Interview

o I had gotten tired of working at ATT so I decided to apply for Verizon because I heard they had better job advancement opps, better pay, and just an overall better company to work for.
    1) I applied on 12/22/2014 filled out online app & took assessment.Received an email the next morning asking for the best time to schedule a phone interview. Confirmed interview for that same day at 2 pm. They emailed me their Credo & the accessory of the month. REVIEW THESE MATERIALS BECAUSE THEY WILL ASK YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. So study study study.

2) 12/23/14 conducted phone interview. She called on time, went over resume and online application. They are VERY paranoid & emphasize verifying employment history. After that had STAR format questions "tell me a time when" think of 5 situations you can flex to any type of situation. Have enthusiasm & make sure you talk about sales & how you can sale & you should pass. After that she asked about the credo & then we role played the Accesory of the month. Once completed she invited me to an I store interview.

3) 1/9/15 went in for in store interview. Dress professionally! And mirror the upbeat attitude that you had over the phone. Was interviewed by two managers from different stores. (These may of May not be your store managers) and a HR rep who I honestly believe was the DM. Pretty straightforward. They were very nice. Same questions as over the phone. "Tell me a time when" "how would you handle this" "where do you see yourself in a yr" "why Verizon" "how does Verizon's credo relate to you & your sales & business ethic" "how do you handle stress" then they went over employment history again. From there we role played. They already had an Accesory on the table for me to "sale" to one of the managers. Just ask discovery questions, and try to get them to buy the product & you'll be fine. From there they asked If I had any questions. ASK QUESTIONS!! They want to know your really interested, and take this time to sale yourself. Lasted about 30 min. Was told they were making their decisions that night & I should hear something the next day

The next day I couldn't wait, so I sent a friendly email to the HR rep to check on the status. Around noon. Received an email back around 5 asking to confirm all my previous employments & have EXACT dates as it could disqualify me. Gave me a date to email everything over then asked a day to call to do a "final review" of my app

4) 1/12/15 received phone call went over employment a last time & it turns out that call was actually an employment offer!!!

Overall pretty quick process. Very stressful & nervewrecking so be on your toes at all times. Background check is VERY THOROUGH so double check everything.

Currently waiting my background check & start date but if all goes well I should start 1/29. So for me, process took 4 weeks.

Hope this helps good luck!!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?
      Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Tell me a time you had to meet a Deadline & had difficulty

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Salina, KS) in February 2014.

Interview

1: over the phone interview with HR
    2: over the phone interview with Store Manager
    3: in store interview with Store Manager
    4: HR called and offered position

Month and a half long process, was starting to lose hope but finally received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How have you gone above and beyond to help a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

Interview

Intense! I had to pass a phone interview, go to one of their corporate locations and pass a skills test, which followed with a person-to-person interview. A week later I had another phone interview and they called me and offered me the position on contingency. You need to be involved in the conversation with the interviewer, get to know then and connect with them. Make sure you completely understand the question before you answer. You need to prove that you can handle a conversation on the phone multiple times over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Franklin, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

I started filling out my application on 3/24/15. I didn't finish it that night because it was late. I went to bed and when I woke up, I had an email from someone at Verizon asking if I was still interested in the position. On 3/25, I finished my application. On 3/26 I woke up and had an email requesting that I call to set up a phone interview. On 3/26 I called to set up an interview for 3/30/15. I had the interview today and I have a f2f interview at the HQ on 4/6. So the interview process is very quick.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific time when you had a lot of tasks to get done in a short amount of time? How did you choose which ones to do first and how to get them all done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online then later that same day I received a phone call to do a telephone interview. After the telephone interview I set an appointment for the next day to take the assessment test. I did not pass the assessment test. However I received a call the following week from an HR rep, stating that they had changes some stipulations for the assessment test and were wondering if I was still interested in continuing the interview process. (Of course I said YES). I set up my face to face interview and that went well. A few days later I received a call from the HR rep extending a verbal offer. He went over the offer with me on the phone and then said he was going to e-mail me a written copy of everything we had just went over along with some things I needed to complete before my start date. The drug test and background check are time sensitive (I suggest you not delay on those). Now I'm just waiting to hear that my drug test and background check came back clear and then I'm good to turn in my two week notice to my current job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for VZW? Where do you see yourself if 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charleston, SC).

Interview

It was a long process. I had two interviews. I thought it went good but I guess not because I didn't get it. I reapply but haven't heard anything yet. From what I heard it's stressful to work there.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview moved on to the face to face star interview ... Mainly discribe work related situations and 7 part assessment both went very well was called in to interview with department manger a few days later I believe it went very well but you never can tell until an formal offer is made been waiting about a week since second interview keeping my fingers crossed was told I would know if offer will be extend by the end of this week

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to deal with change in the work place and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Applied online followed by a phone interview then called in for an assessment. Passed the assessment and was schedualed for face to face interview. They showed me around the building asked some behavioral questions then did a mock call. It seemed to go veryvery well. Then she said ok youll hear from us in a couple days. A few days later recieved an email saying they found more qualified people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process took about 3 weeks. Pretty routine as far as questions and screening process. Everyone I encountered spoke in present tense, "you will", "when you", "we will", Gave positive feedback at all levels of interview.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions used. Examples of difficult situations that were resolved. Role play to sell product or services.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Very cold offer, write down. Time of call, 48 hours to submit drug test . Background check starts immediately.