Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

Step 1 ) Phone interview
2) Store interview
3) get job and start 2 weeks later in nyc for training

The job is great and i think if you have the opportunity you should definitely take it , you get PTO and the benefits are immaculate , the 401 k plan rocks and its a technology company thats probably gonna run the world one day.

No negotiating

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2014.

The same day I applied, I received an email requesting I schedule a time for a phone interview. I scheduled my phone interview for the next week and reviewed the information attached in the email as well which had information on the company, training schedule if hired, salary if hired and details on a product. During my phone interview, I was questioned about my past work history, why I wanted to work for Verizon and situational questions. The phone interview took about an hour. They gentleman conducting my interview said I did well and asked me to come in for an assessment the following week. The assessment was ok. However, in some sections, it is hard to gauge how well you may be doing because the questions and tasks were so left field in my mind. The assessment took me around 30-40 minutes to complete. After I finished the assessment I was taken out of the room and was told I passed and scheduled a 1:1 interview the next day. I enjoyed my 1:1 interview because I was in a comfortable room with one supervisor who made me feel at ease so that interview went well and lasted 45 minutes. I had to answer more situational questions, sell a product and do a mock customer call. I was told they would be in contact with me when they made a decision. A week later I was called and had to confirm information on my application and then they offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • "How does Verizon fit into your career goals." "Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer." "Name a time I had to complete a difficult task in a small time period."   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Hiring process is usually very long, required at least 4 interviews. The first was over the phone, the next was in person and for testing, the next was also in person, and the last was over the phone basically telling me that I had the job.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Pretty typical interview...process was long. Had to initially take a pass or fail test at the corporate office. Passed. Next was the actual interview like 2 days later. Asked all behavorial questions and made me sell a pen to the coach i interviewed with. Went very well and had the coach entertained.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2014.

Applied 11/14/14, I was called the same day and had a telephone interview and then went in the office for an assessment the next day. The final interview was scheduled at my convenience the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time in which you had to multi-task 2 or more things. How did you do it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

It took a while for them to contact me after putting in my application even though I had a couple of years of customer service experience and call center experience. However most people say they had to apply multiple times.
    Once I got a call from the recruiter the interview process only took less than a week. First the recruiter call you to let you know basically that you qualify for the job and that the company want to move forward with you, so you only schedule a.phone interview. The phone interview is a typical interview over the phone. Why Verizon? How does this position fit in your career goals? And about two behavior questions. After that the recruiter told me that I would be moving on forward in the hiring process which was the assessment on the job site. You will be completing the assessment with other people. The assessment does has 7 parts it took me about 1 45 minutes but allow yourself 2 hours. Every section is timed. I must admit that it was more challenging than other assessments for other call centers but the expectations of passing are not high. Everyone in the room with me that took it passed. After the test they informed me that I passed and that I would be moving in to the final hiring process which was a face to face interview. Now the recruiter who first contacted me gave me pointers with the face to face interview. Research Verizon phones and plans and know features about your current smartphone or tablet and features that might excite customers to buy.
    The final interview went well. First they ask you a couple of typical questions why Verizon why a call center and a few more but most are more like a screening. The next part is a few behavior questions. My interviewer only asked me 2. Then you had to sell any technology device you owned. I sold my smartphone and I nailed this part only because I have a sales background. They do give you a minute or two to prepare before you start. I think the close of the sale is the most important part of this part and also prepare to overcome objectives. The next part was role playing. You had to act like a customer was calling in. Each call was a different personality and situation. It's very easy if you have call center experience but if not just acknowledge the call and show empathy. After every role play you will be asked what were your strategies in handling this call.
    The final question is why should we hire you over the other applicants? I was then informed that he will be in contact with me within 48 hours. I got a call later that evening offering me the job.
    I was in contact with two others that had an interview the same day and the interviewer informed them that they will hear back from he 3-10 days. I don't know if they ever got it though. I started a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had the solve a difficult problem in very little time. Answer in star format   Answer Question
    No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The initial interview is about an hour via phone, second interview occurs at call center with two HR reps. The company is very selective during the hiring process, very important to provide accurate information on the application. All information is verified for accuracy and candidate will be disqualified for false information. Company culture is awesome and geared towards the employee.

Interview Questions
    The company will likely give you a generous package.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Initially applied online. About a week later received an email that I had qualified for a phone interview. Scheduled that for a few days later. Lasted about 30 minutes, went over application and answered a few questions in the STAR format. Was informed I passed and scheduled a Skills Assessment for the following week. Skills Assessment lasted about an hour, 7 different parts as described in other reviews. This was pass or fail. I passed and scheduled a face to face interview for two days later. This was two parts, STAR format questions then role playing. Received an email that HR would review everything and I'd hear back in a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2014.

The process had three main stages: A phone interview, an assessment and a final in-person interview.

I applied online with Verizon 14 days prior to being hired. I received an email from a representative asking me to provide a pair of days followed with times that I would be available for a phone interview. After that was done, I received a second email confirming my interview date and time. They also provided me with some information to look over before the interview.

I received a phone call from the person I was scheduled to interview with on the appropriate date at the appropriate time described in the confirmation email. The interview went something along these lines: A discussion of work history, a few questions about why I desired to work at Verizon Wireless, an overview of the job, as well as about five behavioral-based questions that I had to answer in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). This interview was about 45 minutes long. At the end of the interview, I was invited to attend the on-site skills assessment at the location I would be working upon successful hire. I was given several date options and two time options; 10AM and 2PM. I accepted and came in on the soonest possible date at 2PM. I was told to arrive 10 minutes early, bring a valid photo ID with me to the assessment and dress professionally.

Upon arrival on the assessment date, I was greeted at the front desk and given a name sticker after showing them my ID. I waited with two other candidates in the front until finally being taken back to the assessment room and having the process explained by a Verizon Wireless employee. The entire assessment is taken on company computers.

We were given an 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete the entire assessment. It was divided up into seven parts.

Upon passing the assessment, I went back to the front waiting area and was eventually pulled back and informed that I had passed. I was then given a list of available days and times to be interviewed in person. Again, I selected the soonest possible date.

The interview was with a supervisor from the call center where I would be working. It was similar to the phone interview in that we discussed my work history and Verizon Wireless' benefits as well as my reason for wanting to work at Verizon. She asked me a single behavior-based question, but it didn't require a STAR-formatted response. After that, we jumped into three role play scenarios which I had to improvise. The first one was to sell her anything in this room. I chose to sell her my iPhone. For the next two role plays, I was given a sheet to look over. On one side were three cell phone options with various add-ons and on the other were three wireless plans with varying degrees of minutes and data, as well as more add-ons. The next role play was that of me taking a call for an upset customer who's cell phone bill is too high. The final role play is a mother who is ready to upgrade her phone and wants phones for her two teens. Just handle these the best you can. More likely than not, you will not get some of these role play scenarios.

Upon successfully complete the interview I was told to expect a call within three days. On day number two after the interview, I was called and given a conditional offer of employment. I had to submit to a background check as well as complete drug testing within 48 hours. Just follow all of the instructions the recruiter gives on the phone and read through the emails and complete any required actions and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a difficult task and little time to accomplish it, what did you do?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. The salary is set in stone from the beginning.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I pride myself on my customer service skills and my ability to resolve what could be difficult situations.Which drive sales and conditioned people. It was not as long and Argonauts as people explained. I had a god phone interview and a good assessment test. Thye are very nice people