Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

3.1

166 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

The interview process took about 3 weeks from start to finish. Got a email July 10/14 from a recruiter who said I had made it to the second stage of the hiring process. Had a phone interview about a week later.
Passed the phone interview and she set up an appointment for me to do a skills exam. The exam is about 2 hrs long and has things like data entry, listing to phone calls and rating the customer service as well as reading comprehension.
Afterwards she told me I had passed. Made an appointment for a face to face. The interview was not very long they asked me about 4 questions and they wanted them answered in STAR format. Afterwards they gave me a tour of the facility and offered me the job. Best advice I can give is do not lie on your application about anything. If you have anything on your criminal record or have something on your background that you think will prevent you from getting hired just be up front with them.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when customer was not pleased with your companies customer service. what was the situation and what did you do to resolve?   Answer Question
no negotiation accept or decline

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2010.

first is a phone screening, if you pass, 1 in-store interview, maybe 2 depending on what the managers are looking for. Final interview is with HR. The whole process from application to final interview took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • This company asks many situational based questions. They ususally start with. "Tell me about a time..." They also ask the usual what are yur greatest strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer
    no negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

I submitted my application and resume online and received an email from a recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled for a few days later and the recruiter asked a couple of star behavioral questions and asked about my experience. At the end of the call she asked me to schedule and assessment at the Tampa location. I took the assessment and didn't finish ALL of the portions and was escorted out when I was done without a word on whether I passed or not. The following day I received a call advising that I passed the assessment and that they wanted a face to face interview as soon as possible. Being a Tuesday I went ahead and scheduled the interview for the following day. I interviewed with a Tech support manager and the director of the call center and they asked numerous behavioral questions,experience questions,and then had me listen to a couple of call snippets and critique and answer questions about it. I then left the interview without an offer and no idea as to how well I did. The director seemed surprised that I'd been out of the workforce for a little while even though I'd clearly communicated that to the original recruiter so that was kind of awkward. It's now almost a week later and still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Listening to calls and giving a critique and answering questions about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Interviewed with Verizon July 2014. I was emailed saying I made it to the first stages of the interview process which was a phone interview. I made an appointment for a phone interview 3 days later. I passed the interview and was scheduled to take the assessment after the interview was over. I took the assessment the following day. I waited after the assessment was over & I was told I passed. I was asked if I wanted to move to the next stage of the interview process. I told them yes. I was told I would be contacted within the next day or two, but it took them 5 days. I'm scheduled for my final interview tomorrow. Will update.
    UPDATE: I had my final interview & I was offered a position on the spot. I was pretty nervous, but I always kept a smile on my face. All the questions I prepared for, they didn't ask. The final question was why should we hire you? They only asked 4 questions total. They first three were situational. Tell me a time when....? Make sure you use the star format. After the questions we did a role play. I had to pick a device & sell it. I chose an iPhone. After the role play the interview was over. I asked several questions. I interviewed with the director & assistant director. Afterwards they gave me a tour of the call center. They spoke with me for a while about how everything operates. At that point I was feeling pretty confident. I was really engaging & they didn't hesitate to answer all my questions & tell me all the perks. After the tour, they made me wait in the lobby. They came back out five minutes later and offered me the job! My advice is smile at everyone while you're waiting in the lobby to be called for your interview. I happen to speak to both of my interviewers without even knowing who they were, so my first impression was already made. Be confident! Know & understand the star format before your interview because you'll be required to answer all questions in that manner. Make sure you ask questions. I asked what a typical day would look like? What's the next steps in the interview process? And I asked my interviewers how long they had been with the company? They both seemed to love telling me about how they got to the position they were in.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview: Why Verizon? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me a time where you delivered exceptional customer service? Then we did a role play scenario.

Face to face: 3 situational questions (Name a time when..,?).
      Why should me hire you?
      Role play (sell me interviewer something of my choice).
        Answer Question
    No negotiations, but the pay is decent, the benefits are excellent, the discounts are unmatched & guaranteed a raise every year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Applies June 4, 2014
    I received a email for a phone interview June 5, 2014
    1st phone interview June 9, 2014
    Assessment test June 11, 2014
    2nd Phone interview June 11, 2014 (Yes the same day)
    3rd interview (face to face) June 21, 2014
    Accepted the job July 7, 2014
    Start date August 25, 2014

Yes the process is long, but I feel like with any good job it is worth it. All the interviews lasted 30 minutes to a hour. The assessment test was about 2 hours. If you have basis computer skills the assessment test is easy to pass. The 2nd and 3rd interview ask the same questions. The 1st interview just asked about you work history and if you have a long break in between employment they ask why. They do face to face interviews 7 days a week (I was surprised). They ask for a college degree on the job description, but If you have any type of customer service skills you will get a call. Just make sure you fill the application out completely, and don't leave anything out. This includes any criminal background you may have. Good Luck to all that apply!

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find anything difficult about the process. The wait is just long.   Answer Question
    None, take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

It took me close to three weeks before being asked for the job out in Dublin Ohio. The reviews below are about the same as i went through:

(First week) First step was the phone screening which lasted 45 minutes (Tuesday). i get nervous regardless that i passed it and drenched my t-shirt lol. It was simple questions about your employment history, benefits that come with working at Verizon, can you work any type of hours, why you want to work here type of questions. I could can tell the phone interviewer was very 'scripted' as he was robotic sounding over the phone. Working in another call center myself, i can understand that we have guidelines of how professional we must be but, there was zero emotion in his tone. Very strict and i didn't want to lose an opportunity trying to 'loosen' him up.

(First week) After the phone screening, i was immediately asked to come up to the office to do an assessment same day. I was unable to therefore, it got scheduled two days later (Thursday). The Assessment was 7 parts which challenges you to focus, listen, read, and choosing the correct answer in the allotted time. I had two challenges with one being the listening part, containing 3 dialogues and selecting the best/moderate/worst answer. You may like answer 'A' and go with best choice, then when you listen to 'B', you may have a change of heart. This held me up for a bit and i didn't get a chance to completely finish the last one in time. The other one was multitasking which involved matching numbers while listening to a phone call and transferring that call to an available agent. I thought it would be fairly simple until you listen to the call, then as soon as you try to transfer it to the correct rep, they go unavailable haha. So i played with the numbers part until they went available and continued to do my best. It took me roughly 70-80 mins to complete. I passed and was asked if i wanted to do the in-person interview. I once again had to ask for a different date and was given next week.

(Second week) Verizon called me and asked if they could get me in earlier. I accepted to come in earlier. The in-person was basic knowledge of yours skills for the job, employment history, STAR questions, and listening to phone calls then asking a few questions on what you would have done better or if the rep went above the beyond sort of thing. I had a tiny bit of trouble keeping focus because I had my interview within the Supervisors cubicle. To the left, i could hear another Supervisor conducting an interview with somebody else, then behind me, there was a rep taking calls. I felt the interview went great. I was physically and mentally prepared for i wanted to take a big step forward career wise.

(Second week) I was told on the same week (Friday) that they wanted to offer me the job. Alright!!! Now i'm currently in the process of having the employment background/criminal check done. You have 48 hours to complete a drug test. They will e-mail you all of this information on who to call, and setting up your account.

(Third week) I received a phone call from there third party company 'Acheck' to provide some information. I submitted my drug text within this week and am now just awaiting for everything to clear. Since fourth of July is this week, i'm unsure if it will finish before this week or if i have to wait till next week. Either way, i'm pretty confident everything will be okay. Start date will be July 14th.

I felt a sense of pride when offered the job. You really believe you deserved it for not just anybody can pass an assessment/interview. I am excited and ready to work for Verizon.

Interview Questions
    Zero negotiation. They tell you what the salary base is going to be. Its even posted on the job posting.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

There is a standard phone screening. After this, you are then invited to take a rather lengthy series of exams and tests. Once this is completed, should you pass, you are then invited back for an interview with no less than two people. During this interview, you will be required to answer STAR questions, listen to calls and review them, and discuss your resume.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase. You start at the bottom and they offer the start date and advise you of your salary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2010.

Applied for position, received a phone call for an interview a month later, phone interview, in-person interview. Asked generic behavioral questions. Attended new hire training for 4 weeks in orange burg, ny.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

My hiring process began on June 12th 2014. I had my initial interview and tour after being invited to an open house two days prior. I was passed to the next stage and scheduled to take the assessment the next morning.

The assessment wasn't difficult for me and I completed it first out of the room full of applicants. I was taken into the hall and informed that I passed. Then told that instead of a phone interview, that I would have an in person interview right then. It was with the same HR person as my initial interview. I passed that one and schedule my third final interview for Saturday morning.

The final interview was with a customer service supervisor. The interview was several parts. Some background info, "why do you wanna work for verizon?", etc. Then a few sample calls to critique.

Monday June 16th I received my call and offer. I accepted and begin training on June 24th once my background and drug test come through.

Set salary of $28k/year

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

The whole process took 10 days. I applied on 6/1. The next day I got an email from a recruiter inviting me to interview during their open interview days. I did my first interview on 6/5 with an hr representative. Afterwards, he invited me to take an assessment, which took about 50 minutes to complete. I was notified that I passed my assessment, and was asked to come for a second interview on 6/10. My second interview was conducted by two supervisors, and they asked STAR type questions. Afterwards, I was asked to stay for a third interview with the associate director and I was asked similar questions. She then gave me a tour of the call center and told me someone from hr would call me later today. She didn't say if I had the job or not. About 2 hours later, an hr rep called and gave me another mini interview which basically asked why I felt I was a good fit for the company and if I was capable of handling working in a call center. He then gave me a conditional job offer and gave me the information I would need for the background and drug tests. I start on 6/16!

Interview Questions
    • Basic star interview questions based on passed experience. Be as specific in direct as possible in your interview. I was really nervous during my second interview. Afterwards, one of the supervisors gave me pointers on how to handle the third interview. Just be confident in your answers and you will do fine.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. They offered more than what I was expecting.