Verizon Wireless

Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.1

177 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Applied online and received response within 2 weeks time. Started with phone interview lasting about 15-20 minutes, STAR method. Was scheduled for in person assessment witihn 5 days which was not difficult at all in my opinion. Response time after passing the in-person assessment was immediate so moved on to an inperson interview that same day and got my job offer within 5 days.

Interview Questions
  • None really. If you have call center experience, the interview is the same as any other.   Answer Question
Accepted what they offered, needed the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

I am currently going through the hiring process for Verizon!! I was contacted a couple days after posting my application on their website. I scheduled to have my first phone interview 3/21 it went very well!! I then took a computer assessment test on 2/24 which was not difficult either. After the test I scheduled another phone interview (this time the question were asked in STAR format) that following day. Again I felt like I did well on this interview too :) (it was a little harder than the first but the interviewer was very friendly)..I am now waiting to hear back and see if I will go through with the face to face interview with a hiring manager. Fingers cross and prayers sent I get the position!

Interview Questions
    • average STAR format interview question..fairly easy if you have customer service experience   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Phone interview, "personality" quiz and basic math/tech assessment in a room in HR with others followed by an interview with HR staff, followed by interview with a manager/supervisor. Very thorough background check and drug screen

Interview Questions
    • STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result)-Be as specific as possible. They will ask you for a specific time that such and such happened in a previous work experience and how it was handled. They want you to answer in that specific format. And they have a thick booklet of those questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I applied online directly from their website. I was contacted about a month after applying via email inviting me to do an over the phone interview. After the phone interview, they emailed me again to schedule an in person interview. After that interview, I received an employment offer contingent upon successful completion of the background check and drug screening. The background check took a long time but I started about a month after initial contact.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you did not meet a deadline set?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

Verizon will hire almost anyone, as long as you do not have a criminal record. There is an assessment that must be passed before an interview is granted. Keep you answers as customer friendly as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deliver bad news.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

2 interviews. One on the phone then an assessment and then your second interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to make a customer laugh to help in a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Applied online. I had a phone interview/screening which was about 45mins. Was invited to do an skills assessment at Verizon that took about an hour. Did a 2nd detail phone interview. That was another hour. Then did a 3rd face-to-face interview at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Have I ever told someone no when helping a customer and provide complete details?   Answer Question
    I attempt to negotiate salary. Informed that there is no negotiation for salary for this position. They said it is a requirement to stay in the position for 6 months before they will move you into a higher paying position. Even attempt to negotiate 3months before consideration to be move and they said that was an requirement as well.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Two phone interviews, a test, and one in person interview followed by drug/background screen.

They use STAR (Situation. Task. Action. Result.) format. Whatever answer you give, be as specific as possible, as if you're telling a story. It can be helpful to use the phrase "As a result" to highlight the outcome of the scenario you are are giving.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were terribly hard to answer. Just remember to be as specific as possible and use that STAR format.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Everyone starts at the same wage.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

They found me on career builder, contacted me by phone to request an interview by phone, then contacted me for the interview. I was then contacted to schedule a second interview by phone. After the second interview by phone, I was contacted and asked for an in person interview. Each of these interviews were with separate people, although I got the impression that the phone interviews had somebody listening in. After the in person interview, I was contacted and offered the position. They sent me a new hire packet with paperwork necessary for a drug test and background check. Although I was in a car accident on the way to get my drug test and the drug test I requested at the hospital did not meet the standards for the test they requested, my hiring was not delayed. It takes almost a month to perform the background check and they extended the deadline for the drug test in the meantime.

Interview Questions
    • How do you adapt to change was the most important question they asked during the interview. Every person was asked and how we responded determined our suitability for the position. I do not remember how I responded. I just remember that I was told afterwards that it was the most significant question of the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2014.

Applied online and received an e-mail from a hiring manager/recruiter. Scheduled a phone interview, which took place the next day and lasted about 30 minutes. At the end of this phone interview, the recruiter requested to schedule an assessment for me for the next day (that was today for me). Completed the assessment in a little over 1.5 hours. Immediately afterward, was told that I passed, and a second phone interview was scheduled the same day a few hours later. This interview lasted approximately 45 minutes, and the questions were mainly about work situations. Now waiting to hear if I go through to the next and final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to have a difficult conversation with a customer - how did you handle it, and what were the results?   Answer Question