Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Applies June 4, 2014
I received a email for a phone interview June 5, 2014
1st phone interview June 9, 2014
Assessment test June 11, 2014
2nd Phone interview June 11, 2014 (Yes the same day)
3rd interview (face to face) June 21, 2014
Accepted the job July 7, 2014
Start date August 25, 2014

Yes the process is long, but I feel like with any good job it is worth it. All the interviews lasted 30 minutes to a hour. The assessment test was about 2 hours. If you have basis computer skills the assessment test is easy to pass. The 2nd and 3rd interview ask the same questions. The 1st interview just asked about you work history and if you have a long break in between employment they ask why. They do face to face interviews 7 days a week (I was surprised). They ask for a college degree on the job description, but If you have any type of customer service skills you will get a call. Just make sure you fill the application out completely, and don't leave anything out. This includes any criminal background you may have. Good Luck to all that apply!

Interview Questions
  • I didn't find anything difficult about the process. The wait is just long.   Answer Question
None, take it or leave it

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

The whole process took 10 days. I applied on 6/1. The next day I got an email from a recruiter inviting me to interview during their open interview days. I did my first interview on 6/5 with an hr representative. Afterwards, he invited me to take an assessment, which took about 50 minutes to complete. I was notified that I passed my assessment, and was asked to come for a second interview on 6/10. My second interview was conducted by two supervisors, and they asked STAR type questions. Afterwards, I was asked to stay for a third interview with the associate director and I was asked similar questions. She then gave me a tour of the call center and told me someone from hr would call me later today. She didn't say if I had the job or not. About 2 hours later, an hr rep called and gave me another mini interview which basically asked why I felt I was a good fit for the company and if I was capable of handling working in a call center. He then gave me a conditional job offer and gave me the information I would need for the background and drug tests. I start on 6/16!

Interview Questions
    • Basic star interview questions based on passed experience. Be as specific in direct as possible in your interview. I was really nervous during my second interview. Afterwards, one of the supervisors gave me pointers on how to handle the third interview. Just be confident in your answers and you will do fine.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. They offered more than what I was expecting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

My hiring process began on June 12th 2014. I had my initial interview and tour after being invited to an open house two days prior. I was passed to the next stage and scheduled to take the assessment the next morning.

The assessment wasn't difficult for me and I completed it first out of the room full of applicants. I was taken into the hall and informed that I passed. Then told that instead of a phone interview, that I would have an in person interview right then. It was with the same HR person as my initial interview. I passed that one and schedule my third final interview for Saturday morning.

The final interview was with a customer service supervisor. The interview was several parts. Some background info, "why do you wanna work for verizon?", etc. Then a few sample calls to critique.

Monday June 16th I received my call and offer. I accepted and begin training on June 24th once my background and drug test come through.

Set salary of $28k/year

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

Applied may 12 got an email on the 20th inviting me to an open house event on the 21st. In the email there was information about the "credo" and their accessory of the month go over both they'll asked about each during the interview. I had my first interview during the open house it lasted about 30 mins about 6 question (why do you want to work here, how connected are you to technology) basic questions and was scheduled to take the assessment that same day after the interview.
    Assessment had 7 parts all were timed! lasted about 1hr 1/2 mostly common sense & multitasking skills, problem solving & typing. ( Please read EVERYTHING & take advantage of the practice questions. I was told immediately after that I passed then I scheduled phone interview for the next day on Thursday. The phone interview lasted about 15 mins it went well I received a call a few hours later inviting me to a face to face with a supervisor the next day on Friday. It lasted about 30 mins 6 behavioral based questions & I listened to 4 real customer calls & was asked 2 questions about each one. I thought the interview was going bad because I didn't receive any feedback & although the supervisor was nice she didn't show any emotions to my answers. After my last interview i was told i would be contacted within 3 to 7. I received an email that following Tuesday from a hr rep stating the I was identified as a top candidate & to set up a time to go over my application to make sure everything was up to date. I received an email instantly after I talk with the hr rep with my offer letter! I was told that i had 48hrs to complete my drug screen. I also received an email with a link to sign & view new hire forms. I signed my background consent form may 27 took drug test may 28 i got an email from a-check requesting I upload a picture of my hs diploma on may 29. I got an email today June 3 stating that my background is cleared and closed and I am confirmed to start work on June 26!! The process is lengthy but worth it! I hope this helps someone in need.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where the way that you did things at work changed. Whàt was the situation? How did you handle it? What challenge do you think you would face with the job you're applying for?   Answer Question
    No the starting pay is 28,000 I didn't try to negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Winter Garden, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Winter Garden, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

After completing the online application I was contacted for an over the phone interview, which consisted of a few background questions and a few situational questions. Next I was passed on to an HR phone interview which consisted of a little more difficult situational questions, still quite easy. Once I passed this interview I was scheduled for a face to face interview with the store hiring manager, this was a very relaxed environment interview and the questions were not difficult at all, just situational and background questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you had to troubleshoot an electronic device over the phone with a customer. (trying to remember an exact example was challenging)   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Hour long online assessment, plus hour long on site assessment,3 interviews two over the phone and one in person with manager. Over all took about 3 weeks. Kind of a lot but went smoothly enough.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you dissapointed a previous supervisor   Answer Question

Went a different route

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Applied April 12th . Received an email a week later stating the job description and company credo. Set up a phone interview for Monday the 21st. They called but they called the wrong number I had on file so we rescheduled for the next day. Had my phone interview basically going over my work history and he asked 3 questions. Was told I passed and would move on to the assessment. Took the assessment Wednesday April 30th and was told immediately after that I passed and we set up another phone interview. Had my second phone interview once again we went into my work history and application. Then he asked me 5 behaviorally based questions that I had to answer in star format. Once that was complete he told me I did well and told me I would be contacted for a face to face. A member of HR contacted me 2 days later to set up he in person interview. I went for that and interviewed with a nice man named mike. I told him I was nervous but at the end he said "you didn't seem nervous at all" he went by a guide of behaviorally based questions it was about 6 of them. Then we listened to 4 phone calls where I had to answer 2 questions about each one. The interview was over and I thanked him. I followed up with HR the next day and she said I SHOULD be getting a call by the end of next week . I know I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were really difficult . Just have a list of difficult situations from previous jobs handy. That's how I prepared   Answer Question
    No negotiations. They tell you what to expect up front from the first phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The process requires a good resume, an interview, and basic computer testing. The interview process is a series of scenarios where you must give a specific example based on the question, detail what you did, and then tell what the results were. These questions vary with each interview. Most companies use the same interview process, so the more interviews you go on, the easier this becomes.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest questions ask about a situation where you either made a mistake, or did not have the resources or information to resolve an issue.   View Answer
    There really was no negotiation. I had little experience, and they were offering substantially more that I was currently making, that I practically did somersaults when I accepted!

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The hiring process was very long! I originally applied online and was emailed to schedule a phone interview the same day. I scheduled it for 3 day later. When the recruiter contacted me she was very unprofessional. It seems as though she didn't want to do her job on a Saturday. She had her TV running in the back ground and gave off a nonchalant attitude. She then told me that if Verizon choose to proceed they would contact me via email in two days. Two days went by and still no email! I received the email 1 day before the hiring event. When i arrived the hiring event, almost 20 people were waiting to be checked in. Finally my name was called, I interviewed with a Jerk! apparently this guy is a store manager at one of the locations. He began to ask me a series of questions. I thought the interview was going great until he put his paper down and said,"it seems that you have worked for a lot of places, and these places have the same concept as Verizon and i don't the ink you understand who we are". i replied asking him what he was trying to imply. He stated i think you know where this is going, have you ever been to a hiring event? i stated yes, i have attended 3 and they were very similar to Verizon. So then he asked me how were they similar. I explained the process of speaking with recruiters, background check, panel interview, etc. He then asked me why should Verizon hire me? I gave my response and then he wrapped up by saying thank you and escorted me to the door. He put his had out and said Verizon will be in contact with you. I refused to shake his hand and walked out. I have never been turned down for a job, his interview style was absolutely unprofessional. To later hear form an employees that the manager stated that i belong behind a desk, i was very disappointed in Verizon that a manger would stereotype me in that manner. About a week later i received a phone cal form another recruiter. He was very professional and we were able to make a connection. He explained to me that they had filled all of the positions in my area but they had more in another district, I wasn't happy but I really wanted a fair chance at another interview so i decide to go. I was told to come to head quarters, to do the entire interview process all over again. The employees at headquarters more friendly. The interview was very long it took 3 hours. When i finished with the final interview process i wasn't told that i would be contacted, i think that the gentleman forgot. two days later i was contacted by another recruiter and was offered a position with Verizon.

Interview Questions
    I expected about 4k more but i took what they offered.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Applied online and received response within 2 weeks time. Started with phone interview lasting about 15-20 minutes, STAR method. Was scheduled for in person assessment witihn 5 days which was not difficult at all in my opinion. Response time after passing the in-person assessment was immediate so moved on to an inperson interview that same day and got my job offer within 5 days.

Interview Questions
    • None really. If you have call center experience, the interview is the same as any other.   Answer Question
    Accepted what they offered, needed the job.