Verizon Wireless

Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.1

177 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interviewer used STAR model (look it up!) feature behavioral-based questions. Example: "Describe a recent examples of when you had an angry customer; how did you deal with it?" You're graded between 1-3 or 1-5 based on your answer per question, and they get a composite score (say, 20) which they use to rank candidates. Be specific and recent with examples, don't lie, and ask to repeat the question if you need to.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to sell the hiring manager a pencil or pen.   View Answer
I just took the offer. But you CAN negotiate... say, "I was just going over my budget and to make this work, I'd like to request..." and then give a number. You'd be surprised! They can always say no.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Only made it through the second interview as I accepted an offer from another job prior to completing process. Was called back for additional interviews but declined. Very simple process if you've ever worked in customer service before.

Interview Questions
    • no questions were difficult. If you understand technology and have experience in the customer service industry then you will get a call back   Answer Question

had already accepted offer at another business,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I applied online and was contacted via phone to come in for an in person interview. When I arrived I took a test with a group of about 4 other people on a computer. It was a skills and personality test. After I completed this test I waited in the lobby for a few minutes and was then called in to interview 1:1 with a recruiter and a customer service supervisor. I was given a tentative offer on the spot, and received an official job offer over the phone the following day.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was answering about hypothetical customer service situations and how I would solve them. I was also asked to describe an experience I had in the past with a negative customer interaction, and what I was able to do in order to turn the interaction into a positive one.   View Answer
    I didn't know enough to negotiate - I was fresh out of college and this was my first 'real' job. They base initial salary off of experience + education, so I'd recommend negotiating and emphasizing your relevant skills. They likely won't negotiate on things like sick leave, vacation time, etc. as I believe it's standardized company-wide for each position and years with the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2014.

I applied online with an application. i got called about a few days after. During the first phone interview i was asked basic questions about my resume and application. With a couple of questions regarding changing jobs. I was setup to go in for the assessment that very same phone call. The assessment took place about a week after. The assessment had 7 parts to it measuring your personality and ability to do the job. i got setup with the next interview the same day. The interview was about 5 days after with two people. Questions regarding your customer service was asked. if done well you'll be setup for the last interview with more questions regarding customer service. The whole interview process was great and everyone was polite. They do a great job with their interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Role play a customer service representative for a phone company.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. they send you what the job is and how much you get paid. You know ahead of time what everything is. I would recommend this job to anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Phone Interview, Skills Testing, One on one interview w/ recruiter then one on one interview with supervisor, offer. One good tip that I got from an interviewer there was to not use the words "we" or "us" because there weren't any other people being interviewed. This was no doubt the LONGEST interview process I had ever been through and then they only gave me enough time to put in notice at my job on Friday to start Monday, although I told them at the beginning of the process that I wanted to give two weeks notice to my previous employer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to tell a customer "no". What are you the worst at? What would a person that didn't like you personally say about you? Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to get the job done. I've interviewed 500 people for this position. Why should I hire you?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Everyone starts at the same hourly wage and same schedule.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

So far I've had 2 phone interviews as well as a test

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are behavioral. At the end of the interview I wasn't told if I passed the interview or not. The waiting begins now, I guess. Its stressful. Please just be prepared for a lot of "tell me about a time" questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

first call and screening with recruiter, second call from manager to ask a few questions and to schedule in person interview. You will have a 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd interview. Then you will receive a phone call and a letter with your offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a customer that was really mad or upset what did you do to take control of the situation and what and how did you fix it for them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, SC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2013.

The process is very tedious. There are about five parts: Phone interview, assessment, phone interview, face to face interview, drug and background check. They try to fill the training classes as fast as possible so expect to spend a few days out the week to complete the process. They ask ALOT of scenario questions so be sure to have examples with specifics. Everyone that I encountered were very nice and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • What made the questions somewhat difficult would be coming up with specific examples for each question they asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

One on one interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I applied for the position on their Web site. I received an e-mail within days requesting a time to set up a phone interview. It also had information regarding Verizon Wireless and the company's values. The phone interview was about 40 minutes. The phone interviewer went over my job history and asked what I did in each position. She asked why I left each position as well. The interviewer also asked if I read over the info about Verizon. She asked a few questions regarding what I read.

The interviewer then scheduled me for a computer based test at the call center. The test was really easy. After passing the test (I believe it took over an hour), I had a face-to-face interview with a call center manager.

I received an e-mail within a week that I was hired once a background check was completed and a drug test. The background check took up the most amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly standard situational interview questions. "Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer. How did you approach the issue?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation regarding salary. The pay is high for a call center position.