Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
152 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process is relatively smooth process. (Many years ago) The first interview was over the phone just to get a feel for the candidate. The second interview was face to face. The interviewer asked questions about your previous work experiences and the culture of the environment. Verizon Wireless culture is extremely important and unique in the wireless industry. There is electronic test following the interview if you make it that far. I feel the questions were common sense but common sense isn't common anymore so many people do not "pass." If you do succeed then you are one step closer. There is a background and drug test which should never be a problem for a standard law abiding citizen. Its smooth sailing from there on out.

Interview Question – Be ready to answer situational questions. Ex: Tell me a time when (fill in the blank), and how did it work out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a specific starting rate for this position. There is no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – first call and screening with recruiter, second call from manager to ask a few questions and to schedule in person interview. You will have a 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd interview. Then you will receive a phone call and a letter with your offer.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a customer that was really mad or upset what did you do to take control of the situation and what and how did you fix it for them.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a recruiter going over on your resume followed by 2 more phone interviews along with a face to face which involved STAR questions. Afterwards a background check was performed. Please make sure you have all of your previous employers telephone numbers and your salary history. Or you may or them on IRS.gov.

Interview Question – How long do you expect to stay with the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a set salary of $28000. No room for negotiation even with an advanced education.

Elgin, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process is very tedious. There are about five parts: Phone interview, assessment, phone interview, face to face interview, drug and background check. They try to fill the training classes as fast as possible so expect to spend a few days out the week to complete the process. They ask ALOT of scenario questions so be sure to have examples with specifics. Everyone that I encountered were very nice and pleasant.

Interview Question – What made the questions somewhat difficult would be coming up with specific examples for each question they asked.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Henrietta, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview was quick and easy; simple questions about customer service in the past and how to handle an irate customer. I was then brought in for a typing and skill test, both passed very easily.

Interview Question – How would I deal with a fellow employee that is stressed from the position?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was looking more of an Information Technology position and thought this was a great step in to a great company; however, I was offered another position with a consulting firm so I accepted the one more relevant to my degree.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – One on one interview

Interview Question – How did you deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question

West Valley City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied at the Call Center. Took an initial Questionnaire online about how I would deal with certain experiences (nothing out of the ordinary.) Had in person interview later with 2-3 different supervisors. Got callback about accepting position. Had to take drug test. Was offered position. Had pretty extensive class training.

Interview Question – Don't remember specific questions. Do remember they were general like "tell me about you had to interact with an upset customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation-Set rate.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on their Web site. I received an e-mail within days requesting a time to set up a phone interview. It also had information regarding Verizon Wireless and the company's values. The phone interview was about 40 minutes. The phone interviewer went over my job history and asked what I did in each position. She asked why I left each position as well. The interviewer also asked if I read over the info about Verizon. She asked a few questions regarding what I read.

The interviewer then scheduled me for a computer based test at the call center. The test was really easy. After passing the test (I believe it took over an hour), I had a face-to-face interview with a call center manager.

I received an e-mail within a week that I was hired once a background check was completed and a drug test. The background check took up the most amount of time.

Interview Question – The questions were fairly standard situational interview questions. "Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer. How did you approach the issue?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation regarding salary. The pay is high for a call center position.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview Testing

Interview Question – Why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes you can negotiate.

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – Standard corporate interview process.

Interview Question – Too long ago to remember. Nothing too wild.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless