Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

3.1

166 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I applied online directly from their website. I was contacted about a month after applying via email inviting me to do an over the phone interview. After the phone interview, they emailed me again to schedule an in person interview. After that interview, I received an employment offer contingent upon successful completion of the background check and drug screening. The background check took a long time but I started about a month after initial contact.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time where you did not meet a deadline set?   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Representative Interview

2 interviews. One on the phone then an assessment and then your second interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to make a customer laugh to help in a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2010.

The hiring and interview process was pretty long. It took over 3 months after 2 interviews, and several assessments and tests.

I did not negotiate

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Applied online. I had a phone interview/screening which was about 45mins. Was invited to do an skills assessment at Verizon that took about an hour. Did a 2nd detail phone interview. That was another hour. Then did a 3rd face-to-face interview at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Have I ever told someone no when helping a customer and provide complete details?   Answer Question
    I attempt to negotiate salary. Informed that there is no negotiation for salary for this position. They said it is a requirement to stay in the position for 6 months before they will move you into a higher paying position. Even attempt to negotiate 3months before consideration to be move and they said that was an requirement as well.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2010.

I submitted my resume online and was called in for an interview a few days latter. I was interviewed by a panel of two- a human resource representative and a supervisor . I did really well in the interview and I was offered the job soon after the interview

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were not difficult or unexpected. They were standard questions like the following: Why are you choosing VZW? Describe a time when you had to resolve a diffucult situation for a customer or involving a customer. What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Two phone interviews, a test, and one in person interview followed by drug/background screen.

They use STAR (Situation. Task. Action. Result.) format. Whatever answer you give, be as specific as possible, as if you're telling a story. It can be helpful to use the phrase "As a result" to highlight the outcome of the scenario you are are giving.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were terribly hard to answer. Just remember to be as specific as possible and use that STAR format.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Everyone starts at the same wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2014.

Applied online and received an e-mail from a hiring manager/recruiter. Scheduled a phone interview, which took place the next day and lasted about 30 minutes. At the end of this phone interview, the recruiter requested to schedule an assessment for me for the next day (that was today for me). Completed the assessment in a little over 1.5 hours. Immediately afterward, was told that I passed, and a second phone interview was scheduled the same day a few hours later. This interview lasted approximately 45 minutes, and the questions were mainly about work situations. Now waiting to hear if I go through to the next and final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to have a difficult conversation with a customer - how did you handle it, and what were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2014.

I applied online with an application. i got called about a few days after. During the first phone interview i was asked basic questions about my resume and application. With a couple of questions regarding changing jobs. I was setup to go in for the assessment that very same phone call. The assessment took place about a week after. The assessment had 7 parts to it measuring your personality and ability to do the job. i got setup with the next interview the same day. The interview was about 5 days after with two people. Questions regarding your customer service was asked. if done well you'll be setup for the last interview with more questions regarding customer service. The whole interview process was great and everyone was polite. They do a great job with their interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Role play a customer service representative for a phone company.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. they send you what the job is and how much you get paid. You know ahead of time what everything is. I would recommend this job to anyone.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

They found me on career builder, contacted me by phone to request an interview by phone, then contacted me for the interview. I was then contacted to schedule a second interview by phone. After the second interview by phone, I was contacted and asked for an in person interview. Each of these interviews were with separate people, although I got the impression that the phone interviews had somebody listening in. After the in person interview, I was contacted and offered the position. They sent me a new hire packet with paperwork necessary for a drug test and background check. Although I was in a car accident on the way to get my drug test and the drug test I requested at the hospital did not meet the standards for the test they requested, my hiring was not delayed. It takes almost a month to perform the background check and they extended the deadline for the drug test in the meantime.

Interview Questions
    • How do you adapt to change was the most important question they asked during the interview. Every person was asked and how we responded determined our suitability for the position. I do not remember how I responded. I just remember that I was told afterwards that it was the most significant question of the interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interviewer used STAR model (look it up!) feature behavioral-based questions. Example: "Describe a recent examples of when you had an angry customer; how did you deal with it?" You're graded between 1-3 or 1-5 based on your answer per question, and they get a composite score (say, 20) which they use to rank candidates. Be specific and recent with examples, don't lie, and ask to repeat the question if you need to.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell the hiring manager a pencil or pen.   View Answer
    I just took the offer. But you CAN negotiate... say, "I was just going over my budget and to make this work, I'd like to request..." and then give a number. You'd be surprised! They can always say no.