Verizon Wireless

Updated Nov 5, 2014

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

Let me start by saying, MAKE SURE YOUR DATES ARE ACCURATE.

I first applied for the position on 9/1, and received a follow up email on 9/2 letting me know that I passed the initial screening, and to schedule a telephone interview. I set it up for the follow week, and spoke with HR on 9/10. (MAKE sure you read the email thoroughly, as they will ask you about the Verizon Credo). She asked me questions about my previous work history, why I was interested in the position, and what the position consisted of. After about 15 minutes, she let me know that everything seemed okay, and that she would like to set me up to take the assessment test.

The following week (9/15), I took my assessment test there at the Verizon Center. I had previously looked at the reviews, and I had already known that it was going to take about 2 hours. It is a 7 part test, and it was definitely one of the most difficult I have taken. (I have previously worked in two other call centers that require assessment tests). It took me exactly 1 hour and 30 minutes to finish the entire test, and I did complete all 7 parts. I then waited out in the lobby, and HR let me know that I had passed, and he would call me within a few days to let me know when my final interview would take place.

He followed up with me the following Friday, (9/19). I set up my FIRST final interview for the next Friday, (9/26). I received a call from HR the next Monday letting me know that there had been scheduling issues, and they need to reschedule my interview for the next Friday, (10/3). The week of the interview arrives, and I received a call 48 hours before, letting me know that there was another scheduling issue, and they needed to reschedule me AGAIN on (10/10). So after being reschedule twice, I was final at my last stage of the interview process.

I met with two supervisors, and the interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. They had actually received a new interview packet, and it was their first time trying it out with me. It was a lot of questions asked, but nothing out of the normal. Be PREPARED to sell something. I suggest you research the current phone you have and sell that. I didn't do so well on this part, but I believe my call center experience surpassed selling the product during the interview. After, I was told I would receive a call within a few days letting me know if I got the job or not.

A week passed, and I started to get really nervous, as I was more than confident I was going to be offered the position. The next week went by, and I called HR to see what was going on. I was told that the interview process was very competitive, and they should have an answer the following Monday. That Monday came, and I received an email from HR letting me know that they were still in deliberation on the hiring class, and they would have an answer by Wednesday. SO FINALLY, I received the call letting me know that they liked me and would like to offer me the position.

JUST like every other review on here, you really have 48 on the dot to finish your drug test. I was then told to contact A-Check America to begin the background check. They were able to verify all previous employers about after a week, but I did have to provide check stubs for my current job. Once everything came back clear, I received my official email letting me know everything came back correctly, and I start on Monday, 11/17.

Just thought I'd give everyone a solid review as I came directly to this site to look at the same thing. It really did take a total of 2 months, so I would not doubt yourself at all until you hear back from HR. Watch The Secret for better assistance, and BEST OF LUCK!

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation. You know the pay, work hours, and start date from the beginning.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

I was contacted from an HR recruiter who had found my resume on Indeed and was asked to fill out an online application for the position and to contact him to schedule a phone interview if I was interested. The phone interview lasted about an hour with general interview questions and then I scheduled an assessment that you take at the employment location. The test is broken up into 7 sections that are all taken online. It consists of basic typing, multi-tasking, listening to telephone calls and a few other things, if you are good with computers and have common sense then you will pass it. I was then scheduled for a face to face interview 2 days later in which I totally bombed. The two men interviewing me seemed really irritated, probably had to do with the fact they they were wearing Giants clothing and the World Series was on. They asked me a few questions about why I wanted to work for Verizon and my current responsibilities with the job I have now. The rest of the interview consisted of mock telephone calls. One I had to sell them my iPhone 5s, the other a customer was unhappy about how expensive his bill was, the other a family wanted all new smart phones and a few others. I suggest you really take the time to prepare for how you are going to answer the questions, I did not and it was terrible. After the interview I knew I knew I was not going to be offered the position and was emailed 10 days later confirming.

Interview Questions
    • I was completely unprepared for the face to face because I only expected 1 "sell me this..." situation and it was 30 minutes of those types of questions. I was thrown off guard because I guess I really didn't think about the sales aspect of the job, only the customer support.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Applied online July 21,2014
    Recruiter emailed for phone interview 07/22
    Phone interview 07/25
    Assessment 07/28
    Face to face 07/30
    Got offered the job today 08/04/2014
    For customer service specialist . Training starts August 26 . I was a bit scared b/c I did my face to face on a Wednesday and thought I would know something by the Friday so don't worry if been a few days since face to face . I have been practicing so I would suggest to write questions and practice . It was STAR format for both phone and face to face but honestly not that hard . Good Luck to you all

Interview Questions
    • If someone was upset how would you handle the call?   View Answer
    No negotiation it's brought up in first phone interview . You either accept or don't .

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Had two phone interviews, basic questions. On the second phone interview I had about 5 to 7 questions.
    Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or manager. answer in STAR format.
    Give good details

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about technology. Why do you want to work in retail. Where do you see yourself in five years. give me an example of when you had to find the needs of a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

I applied online and the process took a little over 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.
     May 1st. Received an email to setup a phone interview with a recruiter, in this email she provided enough information about the position including salary, job descriptions, schedules and a list of time slots available for the phone interview. 4 days later I had the phone interview, she went over the details for the position, including benefits, schedule, training and asked me a couple of questions about my work experience as stated on my resume. Two questions following the STAR format. It went well so she sent me another email to schedule the assessment, and 3 days later and took the test, but failed.

Interview Questions
    • The test assessment details are already in this forum, The only suggestion I have is to read all the instructions carefully and do the practice sessions before you begin each section.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2014.

I first attended a career fair, from there an interview the next day. I did great in the interview there were allot of scenario questions. after that I received a call about a week later with my offer letter. It took about a week and a half for the background check to complete and I was officially hied.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions about how would I help a customer in a certain situation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the salary was set and the opportunity for raises would be based on performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

This was my 3rd time interviewing for this position, so I guess I am "charmed" The first 2 times I didn't prepare and I stumbled. I passed the assessments with flying colors and then the interviews were my problems. You NEED to know the S.T.A.R. Methodology inside and out. Look the interviewer in the eyes, smile. This past time when I interviewed the process moved along quite fast. I was made and conditional offer; which was contingent on me passing a background check. They WILL check and verify previous employment and education. Each state of the interview they will verify the information each time. I said that I completed my bachelor's degree a certain year. Now, Verizon does NOT use A-check anymore, they use a different company now. The had a clerical error of when I got my degree. I gave them the year, and they asked me to fax, or email them a copy of it because my college has a very strict verification. They verification company said that I graduated 10 years LATER than what I put on my resume and application. The college verified the correct year, and each person that I talked to during the interview process collaborated that I did indeed give the correct information. So, if it takes them a while to get back to you, be patient. I was called back and was told that all of my checks had cleared and given my start date. My BEST advice, be honest on your application. They are looking for honesty most of all.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you were given a goal and could not meet it?   Answer Question
    The salary is what it is, but the progression is NICE!