Verizon Wireless Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.3

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Interview

This organization is huge on the STAR format of interviews. They conduct the interviews as a panel forum. You need to follow the STAR format to a T otherwise you are marked down for not answering in the right format. This sort of process is fine if they are looking for someone to be mindless.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time your failed. What happened and what was the end result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Interview

They typically hire Supervisors from within. There are very few positions in management that come from outside of the company. Please be dressed professionally although many of the locations have a casual dress code.

Interview Questions

• They ask you behavioral based questions. Answer honestly. Tell me about a time when you had conflicting priorities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Multiple interviews both over the phone and in person. Interview questions utilize the STAR format to obtain behavioral information.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were called upon to solve an intricate problem with little to no resources. What was the issue? And, what steps did you take to get the issue resolved? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Typically you will meet first with an Associate Director and a member of HR. The next interview will be with 2 Associate Directors and then sometimes there is a 3rd where you will meet with the Call Center Director. The questions are behavior-based...."Tell me about a time when...." so if you review top behavior based interview questions for managers online you should be fine. Make sure to answer in the STAR method, situation, task, action, result. Not all questions will be like this but most will. Also, quantify you answers/results with NUMBERS!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee that was also your top performer. Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Sups start off at the same pay unless there is some type of special circumstance that I am not aware of.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

It was a fair process. However, they did not seem to know exactly what the job entailed. Turns out they were looking for something completely different than the job description.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Standard interview where behavioral questionz are asked.

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate no need to

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Associate Director and H.R interview. Was asked basic supervisor questions. around performance meeting goals, motivation, conflict how do you handle it. how do you handle stress. What type of task force have you been in what did you do. have you created any performance improvement processes. tell me why should we choose you for this job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to become a Supervisor   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meriden, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Meriden, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

the interview consisted of Behavioral interviews questions. The interview process was a panel style interview with a manager and director. The entire process lasted two hours and it was a two step process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

There are 2 phone interviews followed by 2 face to face interviews. They do a thorough background check so do not lie about anything. They will also ask for your tax info so you can prove that you really made the money you state you did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to rally a team or group to share your vision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They will low ball the offer and say take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

STAR format you will be ask to explain a situation from a previous employer and how you reacted to the situation. The process starts with a phone interview then testing . If you pass the testing you will complete a panel interview. Be prepared to spend about one hour of time interviewing on site.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations accept or reject offer