Verizon Wireless Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2014

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2013.

The call you to come do testing which i made up of questions and mock phone calls, try to get everything right the first time and try not to have calls repeated because it affects your score. If you pass the test they will have you wait for an interviewer, if you fail the test they will send you home without an interview. Interview is normal basic questions and resume overview

Nothing

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The interview consisted of several behavioral questions that were to be answered in the STAR (Situation/Task Action Result) format. Questions ranged from "what do you like/dislike about your current job" to "tell me about a time you had to de-escalate an angry customer."

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was to describe my strengths and explain why I should be chosen to work at VZW.   View Answer
    Salary and benefit packages were not negotiable. Salary started at $26,000 per year, or $12.50 per hour. Health care plans and paid time off started immediately, however, no time could be used during training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2011.

I applied online through the company website. Within three days I received an e-mail from an HR recruit asking if I was still interested to e-mail back with an available time/date to conduct a phone interview. The initial phone interview is basically a pre-screen: Do you have any convictions, what is your educational background, what is your work history, etc. Then the interviewer asks you detailed questions about the attachment from the confirmation e-mail for the phone interview. This is job specific questions (basically do you understand what you applied for) and the company motto. They want to make sure you can follow directions and have a solid understanding of the job itself and the company you may work for. A sneeky but effective approach to weed out the applicants. After 30 mins, the interviewer asked if I would be able to take a skills test the next day. The skills test is a generic computer program that skills your ability to listen, follow directions, and multitask. It's pretty simple! The person who gave the test will come in and let you know if you passed or not. If you passed you are told who will contact you to set up another phone interview. A week went by before the next HR person called. The second interview was more detailed and personality focused questions. The company followed the STAR method. I would say this was the most challenging part of the interview. I felt if you past this phase you would be offered the job. At the end of the interview the HR person told me she would like to schedule an in-person interview. Another person would call to set up the appointment within a week. She did tell me after the in-person interview a hiring decision would be made within 72 hours. A week later I was called to come to the center to interview with two supervisors. I interviewed on Thursday. The two supervisors asked the same questions as the phone interview. I felt it was a basic formality. They were looking to meet me in person and make sure I would "fit" before HR actually hired me. I was called on Monday and asked for a call back on Tuesday to go over my resume. On Tuesday, and after a detailed account of my resume, I was offered the position pending a background check and drug screen. My advice is to make sure all of your dates match up- they check 7 years of employment history and your highest level of education. They ask for driving records of 4years (speeding tickets, etc) and any criminal charges. They will find out if you lie-- they will also take back the offer. I was told this many times.

Interview Questions
    • Please be specific and give a time where you dealt with change. What did you like and dislike about the change given?   Answer Question
    The salary is set for everyone. I was told no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2010.

Phone Interview - 30 mins. Skills Test- 45 minutes. One on One interview with HR associate. Panel interview with 2 supervisors. Offer extended pending successfully passing background, credit and drug testing which took 5 days including the weekend. I was then called and told that I passed all of the phases and confirmed my start date.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to meet a sales goal? Did you achieve the goal and if so how did you do it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they hire at a set wage for this position

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!