Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated May 20, 2015

2.9

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porter, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Porter, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

distract lady called me asked lots of questions said i sounded good for the job went to interview less than 2seconds the guy says your not what we are looking for without asking me any questions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 2 in-person. First was very basic phone call (less than 10 minutes) where I was asked to give an example of how I would sell a Bluetooth speaker. Second phone was more questions about my experience and how to handle hypothetical customer/employee interactions.

1st in person was two managers reading questions from a script (5 year plan? Biggest area of opportunity for you? Biggest strength,...). 2nd interview was with district manager, who asked about how I would be a team player, 5 year plan, and how I would be pro-Verizon for all my life et al.

All in all, a very simple and expected corporate model for interviews. Nothing surprising and nothing bad.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to report. Read any "interview guide" ever made and you will get a very clear sense of what will happen here. One tip: Look up the company motto and be thoroughly versed in the wording to make yourself stand out. Buzz words work in this line of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. This is a major company with a one-size-fits-all entry pay for every level of employment and experience set. I happened to be on the top end of the experience so I got offered as much as they could.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at job fair, was told to go online and fill out job app. I filled out the job app was called quickly to schedule a phone interview. The first phone interview had a little trouble because the person kept pushing the interview date back ( good for me). I was basic easy sales questions. Then she said at the end I would get a phone call to schedule second interview. Second phone interview was a little more serious. I made it to the third interview ( in store with manager). I waited over 30 minutes for my interview since they were running behind time. I went to a small room with a male and female manager , they asked me questions( Not too hard). at the end he said we will let you know in about a week. I think that there was supposed to be a second part to the interview that day if i did good on the first part of the interview but i did not get it. he walked me to the door after the interview lol. Its been a week and two days. I have not heard a yes or no. If given a no which i think i was most likely given, They could at the least emailed me or told me something. STILL WAITING LOL

Interview Questions

• Do you have verizon? Mostly how you determine to sale items to a customer...   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX).

Interview

They do extensive background checks. Interview is STAR.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, muti tasking, leadership, experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Starting pay was great. Great benefits package.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

it was super easy we had a phone pre-screening interview. then had a panel interview with several managers, then i was offered a position and then from there i spent about 3 weeks of intensive training

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

I was contacted through a resume I posted online by a recruiter. I had 2 phones interviews and then had 2 in person interviews. My first one was with both of the assistant managers and the second with just the store manager. After that I went through a 3 week background check and drug screen and was then offered a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered more then expected so I did not ask for a higher pay.

Coord-Tech Support I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

1 Phone interview with HR prior to going in and interviewing with one of the managers. It was a 1 on 1 interview in a small room closed door. There is also a knowledge test. If you can pass A+ with 70% or better and have a little common sense you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• All very easy questions. It was a floor manager, not a trained HR person giving the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Decent compensation offered, had no need to negotiate.

Account Manager - Indirect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter which lasted about an hour. Next was a panel interview, 2nd interview consisting of formal power point presentation of business plan, final interview was 1:1 with Sales Director. Following a background and drug check, was made an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you were placed in the position where you had to make a difficult decision. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you attempted to accomplish something and failed   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed as offer was very satisfactory

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Standard interview where behavioral questionz are asked.

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate no need to

Technical Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online, Got a call after few days
    1.telephonic interview last for 15 mins,
    Explain your profile, basic desktop and networking questions related to Windows XP, Modem, router, Mac OS Basic.
    2.Computer Based Skills and knowledge test.
    30 Q's on IT related, typing test, multi-tasking final round.
    3.HR round-1:1 with the recuriter
    4.supervisor round- Final round.

Interview Questions

• Who would handle an irrate customer   1 Answer
    • Why would like to work as a Techinical support coordiator   1 Answer