Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interviews are all conducted from a interview guide with behavioral questions.

Interview Question – EX. Tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult situation, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Technical Support Coordinator Interview

Technical Support Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2010.

Interview Details – took a computer knowledge test, passed on the spot and an interview date was set up, interviewed with HR and then a Supervisor.

Interview Question – What will you like to improve on.   Answer Question

Coord-Tech Support I Interview

Coord-Tech Support I
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2011.

Interview Details – 1 Phone interview with HR prior to going in and interviewing with one of the managers. It was a 1 on 1 interview in a small room closed door. There is also a knowledge test. If you can pass A+ with 70% or better and have a little common sense you should be fine.

Interview Question – All very easy questions. It was a floor manager, not a trained HR person giving the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Decent compensation offered, had no need to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a recruiter going over on your resume followed by 2 more phone interviews along with a face to face which involved STAR questions. Afterwards a background check was performed. Please make sure you have all of your previous employers telephone numbers and your salary history. Or you may or them on IRS.gov.

Interview Question – How long do you expect to stay with the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a set salary of $28000. No room for negotiation even with an advanced education.

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2009.

Interview Details – It depends on interviewing since a lot of that is not truly done when hiring within the communication community. If you go thru more than one interview, you may have as much as three. Sometimes that's done by a manger and or district manager.

They ask the standard questions: tell me about a time when this and that happened and how did you handle it. Sometimes they may want you to pitch a sale about anything, like maybe a pen.

Interview Question – There isn't a true format they use, so it really depends on the interviewer. But it's a very cliche way of interviewing. You can easily google what do retail manager normally ask of a person in an interview. You will see a lot of the same questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Verizon can be very hard to get in since most people that are hired, know someone within the organization.

Business Account Executive Interview

Business Account Executive
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring managers are looking for hungry, money-driven individuals. "Do what it takes to get the job done" attitudes.

Knowledge of wireless industry isn't necessary for this entry level position. More importantly they are looking for solution selling skills and people who can meet quotas.

This is a tough, cold-calling sales job.

Interview Question – Who are the 3 people you would invite to dinner?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation at all.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – They do extensive background checks. Interview is STAR.

Interview Question – Standard questions, muti tasking, leadership, experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. Starting pay was great. Great benefits package.

Very Difficult Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted through a resume I posted online by a recruiter. I had 2 phones interviews and then had 2 in person interviews. My first one was with both of the assistant managers and the second with just the store manager. After that I went through a 3 week background check and drug screen and was then offered a position.

Interview Question – Tell me 1 word that describes your work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered more then expected so I did not ask for a higher pay.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2011.

Interview Details – Standard interview where behavioral questionz are asked.

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate no need to

Very Difficult Interview

Account Manager - Indirect Interview

Account Manager - Indirect
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2011.

Interview Details – Consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter which lasted about an hour. Next was a panel interview, 2nd interview consisting of formal power point presentation of business plan, final interview was 1:1 with Sales Director. Following a background and drug check, was made an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you were placed in the position where you had to make a difficult decision. What did you do?   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you attempted to accomplish something and failed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed as offer was very satisfactory

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.