Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ontario, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Applied online. I was contacted in 3 weeks for a phone interview from another company who worked with Verizon. After another 4 weeks someone from Verizon called me for another phone interview. Pretty standard questions about resume. I was offered to interview in Verizon after 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1 interview via phone. Basic questions about resume and myself. Was offered position 6 days after interview.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got an email from them regarding the interview and the interview took place at the campus two days after. It was a typical interview process asked questions about networking.

Interview Question – Describe how network connections work.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got an interview the day after a career fair.

Interview Question – describe the process of signal from one person to another through all components. Start to end   Answer Question

Dublin, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Applied online for the customer service operations internship through their site and also through my college's recruiting site. I first had a basic phone interview where she confirmed information from my application, had be talk about my previous job, and asked me to rate my proficiency with things like excel. Then I was invited for an interview with the recruiter and the supervisor for the position, they took turns asking me questions. The interview was pretty standard. "Walk me through your resume" followed by mostly behavioral based questions (eg. tell me about a time when...). They asked about time management, teamwork, and coming up with new ideas at work. They made the offer later that week and gave only two days to accept.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a compromise when working with a team   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were unable to complete your assigned work   Answer Question

Intern

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2012.

Interview Details – Sent a recruiter my resume, was contacted a few weeks later by another person with VZW, also asking for my resume. And though my memory is hazy, I believe yet another person emailed me to send my resume, to which I obliged. I didn't hear back for a while (but they said this at the outset, that candidates would be contacted a few months later).

Sure enough, I was offered the chance to come in and interview. Got to site and they had us wait in the lobby for a bit (group of about 6?) and then brought us to a conference room (where they had an excellent little cheese, cracker and pastry selection, I might add). They then told us the process; basically, each of us were to be interviewed by all 3 interviewers present. The process seemed fairly organized, they had rooms all ready to go and a schedule on hand. I think I did great with the 1st interview, pretty bad with the 2nd, and decent on the 3rd (still nervous after my performance from the 2nd). I walked out thinking I had blown it, but eventually I did get the call offering me the position (not for the role I had wanted, but hey - at the end of the day, there's worse things than doing a paid internship at VZW and having that on your resume).

As for advice:
- If you're applying for a programming internship: KNOW THAT TEXTBOOK STUFF THEY TEACH YOU IN CLASS. For example: What is object oriented programming and what are the benefits vs procedural programming? Are objects passed by value or by reference? What is the difference between final, finally and finalize? What is polymorphism? Etc...

- (For any position): Read up on the company! (This goes for ANY interview, mind you). Before my interview I did some research into their 4G rollout, expansion plans, etc. That came in super handy when I was asked my opinion of VZW's business strategy.

- Be positive! I recall a talk I had with one fellow during our break time (the HR coordinator was there too) - in our brief exchange he came off as very nonchalant about the whole thing, and somewhat negative in general. I don't know for sure if that played a part, but I can only imagine so, and I DO know he didn't get an offer. In short, show some enthusiasm, make sure you convey that you WANT to be there!

- Don't sweat the hard questions too much: I felt pretty low for a couple days after I thought I'd blown it, but it worked out alright after all - just do your best and definitely don't blow the REST of the interviews if you have a bad 1 first or second (see advice above).

Interview Question – What is polymorphism?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hmmm, how would I describe the negotiation phase? They offered, I said yes, lol. For 1, it seemed like a pretty decent offer. For 2, I didn't know if interns can negotiate. For 3, it's VZW -- having that on my resume will hopefully be worth more than risking the offer for a couple dollars here or there.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless Intern interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.