Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
835 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2010.

Interview Details – first is a phone screening, if you pass, 1 in-store interview, maybe 2 depending on what the managers are looking for. Final interview is with HR. The whole process from application to final interview took about a month.

Interview Question – This company asks many situational based questions. They ususally start with. "Tell me about a time..." They also ask the usual what are yur greatest strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2010.

Interview Details – General interview process. Phone then in person. General interview process. Phone then in person. General interview process. Phone then in person. General interview process. Phone then in person. General interview process. Phone then in person.

Interview Question – Previous situations that stressed you, and how you resolved them.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone calls for 1st interview came fast. Great communication via phone/email. Thorough, and fair interviews. Can take 2 interviews to get a position here. Overall, a great company to in with.

Interview Question – Explain in detail how to create a box (usually laymans terms and going from point to point to point).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some negotiation, but was encouraged by the 3, 6, 12 month follow up performance check points, which could include salary adjustments.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Solutions Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2010.

Interview Details – You apply online. They contact you, and set you up with an interview in person or by phone. Every hiring manager is different. If the manager likes what they see, you get a second interview with them. If they see potential but not for their store, you may see an interview with another manager. The third point of contact is the offer. Some have had as many as 4 interviews, where others only had two before the phone interview. The process took close to a month for me, but do not let that be your bench mark. If you have not heard back in a couple weeks, it is not always a bad thing.

Interview Question – All questions are situational. No one question is harder than the other. Name a time where you had an objective that was hard to meet. How did you prepare yourself? What did you do to meet your goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took the first offer, because I just needed the job. Do not fear putting in a counter offer.

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my application and resume online and received an email from a recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled for a few days later and the recruiter asked a couple of star behavioral questions and asked about my experience. At the end of the call she asked me to schedule and assessment at the Tampa location. I took the assessment and didn't finish ALL of the portions and was escorted out when I was done without a word on whether I passed or not. The following day I received a call advising that I passed the assessment and that they wanted a face to face interview as soon as possible. Being a Tuesday I went ahead and scheduled the interview for the following day. I interviewed with a Tech support manager and the director of the call center and they asked numerous behavioral questions,experience questions,and then had me listen to a couple of call snippets and critique and answer questions about it. I then left the interview without an offer and no idea as to how well I did. The director seemed surprised that I'd been out of the workforce for a little while even though I'd clearly communicated that to the original recruiter so that was kind of awkward. It's now almost a week later and still haven't heard anything.

Interview Question – Listening to calls and giving a critique and answering questions about it.   Answer Question

Experience Specialist Interview

Experience Specialist
Gainesville, FL

Interview Details – Initially I applied for a sales role within the company.
Was contacted via email to set up a phone interview.
After the initial phone interview, I was given the green light for a second phone interview with a different member of the HR team.
Second interview consisted of behavioral type questions (STAR format).
I was informed that I would be advancing to the in store interview.
I met with the store manager, and a sales manager as well.
Interview lasted approximately an hour and a half. Covered everything very in depth. At this point was informed that I was actually being looked at for the "Experience Specialist" position which is new (to this store at least).
Being that I applied for the sales role, I was asked to go home and resubmit my application under the new position.
I did that the same day. Then, a day or two later, I had to "re-do" a phone interview to cover some questions that varied slightly.
The next day, I received a call from my district's "floating manager". He stressed 2-3 times that "this is not a job interview, I am just getting to know the candidates." Asked me a few questions, which were pretty much repeats and the vague, "would you be comfortable doing X Y Z?"
That was on Friday.
Monday, I received a phone call from another HR member. This was the offer.

Interview Question – The questions really aren't difficult. I can see them possibly being tough if you don't have any retail or relevant experience, but if you do, it should be pretty straight forward. "Tell me a time when..." "How would you handle..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation, however they do factor in experience. I was offered the top $ for my position due to previous experience in the industry.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Your resume will be reviewed for key words in Customer Service related jobs. Need to have at least 6 months of consistent employment to get hired most cases
1. First interview may be over the phone
2. Interview take a computer assessement where you are to use an interactive customer call to see if you can take calls accurately with a 80% accuracy rate.
3. If you passed the assessement most people are called in to interview with a Supervisor in the Call Center and an HR Rep.
4. Then you will be called for drug screen and background check.
5. Training is about 6 weeks good training.
6. Must pass training tests with 80% or better on online and classroom assessements all test are on computer so the employee needs to go to Youtube to learn basic word and if you have those skills and have patience you should do well.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had an unreasonable request from a customer and how did you respond. Good answer is Respond positively and never get upset with a customer they are not upset with your they are upset with the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is set at the average rate for entry level CSR in the surrounding area

Solution Specialist Interview

Solution Specialist
Austin, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2012.

Interview Details – There were a lot of questions about sales and commission experience. Role play and scenarios to which you had to adapt. Thorough explanation of prior work and what was accomplished

Interview Question – where do you see yourself within the company 5 years from now   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it took 2 phone calls to ensure that i got the right offer. had to prove i was fluent in spanish

Global Enterprise Advisor Interview

Global Enterprise Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

Interview Details – It took a month for all the process to get completed. One has to do an assessment to be abel to get an interview, the assessment consist on creating an action plan to help a mock interview in three categories: Self Serve Utilization, Churn and Customer Relation. After submitting the assessment it can take up to two week to get the first round of interviews. The first round consist on two supervisor doing the STAR format interview. After a week the second round consist on the Associate Director and a Supervisor.

Interview Question – Sometimes complex projects require additional expertise. Describe a situation where you had to request help on one of your projects or assignments?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there were no negotiations

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!