Verizon Wireless

822 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Your resume will be reviewed for key words in Customer Service related jobs. Need to have at least 6 months of consistent employment to get hired most cases
1. First interview may be over the phone
2. Interview take a computer assessement where you are to use an interactive customer call to see if you can take calls accurately with a 80% accuracy rate.
3. If you passed the assessement most people are called in to interview with a Supervisor in the Call Center and an HR Rep.
4. Then you will be called for drug screen and background check.
5. Training is about 6 weeks good training.
6. Must pass training tests with 80% or better on online and classroom assessements all test are on computer so the employee needs to go to Youtube to learn basic word and if you have those skills and have patience you should do well.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had an unreasonable request from a customer and how did you respond. Good answer is Respond positively and never get upset with a customer they are not upset with your they are upset with the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is set at the average rate for entry level CSR in the surrounding area

Release Engineer Interview

Release Engineer
Warren, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details – I graduated with a computer science degree, and someone from school said that there was a position open at Verizon Wireless for someone like me. I applied for the job thinking it would involve development, but it ended up being an IT job. I was not very interested in the job. They saw that I didn't want to do IT so the interview kind of just faded out.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions, they were just asking about my previous work.   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Retail Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – must apply online at verizonwireless.com and go to career.

Recruiter will call to extend an interview invitation or you will receive a decline letter

you will be asked a number of "scenario questions", ei. "what would you do if...." or "tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?" etc.

Hiring is really left up to the District Manager, seldom left up to the actual store manager

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to bend the rules to accomplish something?   View Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – I was called almost immediately from a requiter and then the interview was set up the next day. Interview took a long time and we sat awkwardly close in a small room. The job description was the longest part with very few personal questions. I didn't feel like I got enough time to sell myself for the position. Basically, we just went over my work experience and that was pretty much it.

Interview Question – Sell me this TV.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Operations

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2011.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions. A lot of sales questions , drug testing which they almost never send the information to the place that they've told you , and they will sometimes send the wrong information to the background check company.

Interview Question – There was no real difficult questions as long as you have sales experience in a high volume and fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are offered a salary and either you accept or do not. It's pretty cut and dry.

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Customer Service Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very professional two phone interviews and then one face to face interview. Very upfront about the company's culture and what is expected of you as one of it's employees.From there received offer letter in the mail and called and confirmed that I accepted the job.

Interview Question – If you saw someone within the organization credit customer accounts that have not called in, would you let a manager know.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Lakeville, MN

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – I inquired about open positions and was immediately scheduled an interview. I was told to dress for business which was my intent in the first place but I digress. Upon arrival at the interview I was met by the manager and the interview began immediately. He asked me numerous questions regarding my previous employment and created multiple scenarios that I would be facing upon employment. I was asked about previous sales such as how I handled angry customers, how I went above and beyond for my customers, and how I saved a sale that was going poorly. He gave little to no reaction to any of my answers and essentially sat there blank faced for the majority of the interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I faced was, "When a customer enters, what is the first thing that will enter your mind?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a fairly straight-forward process. The manager at the time offered me a base pay and said there was no "wiggle room." The offer was my pay and I could "take it or leave it."

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applies June 4, 2014
I received a email for a phone interview June 5, 2014
1st phone interview June 9, 2014
Assessment test June 11, 2014
2nd Phone interview June 11, 2014 (Yes the same day)
3rd interview (face to face) June 21, 2014
Accepted the job July 7, 2014
Start date August 25, 2014

Yes the process is long, but I feel like with any good job it is worth it. All the interviews lasted 30 minutes to a hour. The assessment test was about 2 hours. If you have basis computer skills the assessment test is easy to pass. The 2nd and 3rd interview ask the same questions. The 1st interview just asked about you work history and if you have a long break in between employment they ask why. They do face to face interviews 7 days a week (I was surprised). They ask for a college degree on the job description, but If you have any type of customer service skills you will get a call. Just make sure you fill the application out completely, and don't leave anything out. This includes any criminal background you may have. Good Luck to all that apply!

Interview Question – I didn't find anything difficult about the process. The wait is just long.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, take it or leave it

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Assistant Retail Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – The hiring process was okay. I sat in front of a board of ppl and was asked multiple questions. Pretty prepared to be able to speak to the business…..needed 30 more words but i don't have anything else to say about this company! i just think it was an okay experience.

Entry Level User Experience Designer Interview

Entry Level User Experience Designer

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 4 months. I got an email about a month after I submitted my application containing a link to an online questionnaire. It consisted of four questions, most of them about my GPA. About a week later I had a phone screener (very basic questions such as, Why do you want to work for Verizon?). About a month after that I got an email from one of the department higher-ups about setting up a phone interview, which we scheduled for the following day. It was very informational and he only asked me a few questions (e.g. What design programs are you familiar with?). He asked me to send him a link to my online portfolio so he could see some of my projects. He said if my portfolio looked good I would be contacted by HR for a more formal interview with him. I got an email from HR about a week later to set up the formal interview. It was done remotely using a webcam and lasted one hour. It was pretty formal with not much discussion involved. The interview had a specific set of questions that he could choose from to ask me. Sometimes he was take a minute to think about which one to ask. The questions were all expected, with nothing from left field. When the interview was over he said I would be contacted by HR. I got an email from HR about a week later to set up another interview with an HR person. We set that up for the following day. It was mostly informational and very basic. She asked me maybe two questions and the rest of the time we just talked about logistics like which location I would be working at. She said I'd be contacted within a few days of their decision. They actually didn't contact me for about a week. This normally wouldn't be a problem, except I was interviewing with another company as well, and I was waiting on Verizon's decision because I really wanted the job. Needless to say, it was one of the most stressful weeks of my life, between holding off the other company which, by this time, had offered me a job and waiting for Verizon to get back to me. Overall, the process was good and everyone was extremely professional.

Interview Question – I can't think of any specific questions, but most of them were behavioral (things along the lines of: how you've handled group projects in the past, your project management style, etc.).   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!