Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015
1,140 Interview Reviews

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

Interview

It was a very hard companey to get into but well worth it. Verizon Wireless is a great place to work. I orignal applyed online and was called in for an interview with the local store manager after that i was hired as a Temp. After a month working as a temp i had an interview with a 2nd manager and the one with the DM. I had a total of 3 1:1 interviews and then a phone interview with HR. I was offered a job and had to take a drug test and they did a very extencive background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you are the correct person for Verizon Wireless?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 6 months?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of how you have helped a customer when they where upset about a product or service they have receved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

I was initially notified by phone that they were interested. I was then subjected to a preliminary interview and was told that I would be called at a designated time for another interview. I received instructions and a company overview by mail. The second interview took place and it was horrible! I felt as if the person on the other end did not want me to go any further in the process. He seemed to want to find anything to incriminate me. Yes, I was fired in 2006, no I did not read the company credo. I did not notice the credo at the bottom of the email, so make sure you know that. When the interview was over...I knew that it wasn't happening. I felt like my time was wasted.

Global Enterprise Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in November 2010.

Interview

Two phone interviews with Director; one-on-one in-person interview; followed up by group/panel interview with 4 folks - two in current role and two directors including a customer role play presentation. Subsequently followed up by an in-person executive Interview. People perception - very professional. Interviews questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• During the presentation/role play to the customer, I was asked how I would cover the customers wireless communications needs in out of territory locations?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Springfield, MO) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewing to be in management at Verizon Wireless is a tedious process. Verizon recruits and hires the best in the field. If you come to an interview without your "A" game, go home and stop waisting their time. A well formed resume, cover letter, and 30, 60, 90 day action plan are the minimum requirements for the job. Be prepared for a behavioral interview that will probe for real life examples that demonstrate your ability to manage a highly successful team in a quota driven environment. Dress code at Verizon Wireless for ALL retail employees is dress/business casual. Shirt and tie is the minimum for men, dress slacks or skirt for the ladies. Confidence in your abilities with the experience to back it up will land you a healthy salary and a great commission compensation package.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time that you failed? Why did you fail and what did you do to ensure that it never happens again?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to uphold a company policy that you didn't agree with? What challenges did you have when selling the unfair policy to your team in a positive manner?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Verizon does a great job of offering salary packages that are competitive for the field, they don't low ball you unless they are settling for you, which they rarely do. Most people will find that negotiations may not be necessary.

Account Manager - Indirect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter which lasted about an hour. Next was a panel interview, 2nd interview consisting of formal power point presentation of business plan, final interview was 1:1 with Sales Director. Following a background and drug check, was made an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you were placed in the position where you had to make a difficult decision. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you attempted to accomplish something and failed   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed as offer was very satisfactory

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

Interview

Applied online, there were two phone interviews, a 1:1 interview and personality/skills test as well as a drug test anad background test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a technical problem, describe the issue and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Bellevue, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview is in STAR format... Situation, Task, Action you took, Result. Be prepaired because interviews at VZW are done professionally. IF you interview well, you will get a job even if your skill set is low. If you don't interview well, it doesn't matter if you are the top leader in what you do, you will not get the job.

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Denver, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

Took a long time and had several tedious interviews. The background check took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used positivity to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no. I advise others to try and negotiate based on experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one phone interview, skills testing, three in-person interviews, a background check, and a drug test. Background check seemed like you were getting a job with the FBI. This was the longest hiring process that I'd ever been through, but employers can be really picky in this economy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to tell a customer no?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, everyone starts with the same salary and benefits and this information is given to you before your first interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2008.

Interview

Very slow. 5 months from resume submission to first day of work. 4 separate interviews. HR was non-existant.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered and they agreed.