Verizon Wireless

Updated Aug 16, 2014

Average Difficulty
846 candidate interviews

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email about 2 weeks later asking when was a good time to set up a phone interview. Got a call the next day, after a few easy background questions I was told a few managers and districts would be doing interviews the next day. I was told this was the only day for interview and they would be making a hiring desision by the end of that day. Sent me another email with directions to the building. Email asked me to forward my updated resume and my info would be forwarded to the people that would be doing the interviews.
Next day is when it gets unprofessional. I showed up to the office building, found the verizon office and the door was locked. Had to wait 5 min before someone walked by and saw me standing there. They were totally not ready for an interview. They told me to have a seat and let them get ready. Then one of the managers said I was the first interview and I would be interviewing with all of them since they didnt have any other interviews going on at the time. Which I thought was unfair to be the only one have 3 different people drilling them with questions. Then I was told they didnt have any of my info, they asked me if I had a copy of my resume on my person. I told him I didnt and I was informed that my resume had been forwarded to them. (yes, I guess I should have brought one with me, but he was just upset that he lost it or didnt print it so he blamed me). After a few normal questions, they started just telling me things instead of asking me things. A lot of which didnt have anything to do with the job. I think they weren"t prepared with what they were going to ask, so they kinda tried to wing it.
Its been a day and I havent received a call or email, so Im pretty sure I didnt get the job. I have a job now so its no big deal. I teach people how to use their phones everyday because their salesman at verizon just takes their money and these people have no idea how to make a call on the phone. I have went to verizon and asked them about a new phone coming out and they say they have never heard of the phone. I have worked on 100% commission, and I have been a sales manager. I have what it takes to sell verizon cell phones. But just thought I would give my two cents. For a company that told me how professional they tried to be, I thought it was very unprofessional. But that was just my experience.

Interview Question – Name a time when this or that happened and how did you handle it. Not really hard questions.   Answer Question

Retail Interview

Retail

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – Verizon will generally look for people that have high energy, experience with customer service or quotas, and a passion for technology. They will usually begin with a phone interview, followed by an in person interview with the HR recruiter and the hiring manager. They will generally offer the job within 4 days of the interview. The offer is contingent on a few tests. If you have a criminal history or fail to pass the drug test, you will not be hired. If you cannot work nights and/or weekends, you will not be hired.

Interview Question – Each manager/recruiter has a list of options and may choose the questions they want to ask, so each interview is a little different. Most will end the interview with, "What makes you right for this job?" Be prepared to answer with stories about your ability to listen to customers and offer a total solution. To really wow them, describe the need to CONNECT, DISCOVER, RECOMMEND and CLOSE.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not need to negotiate because they pay very well.

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – I applied online last week and just did the 1st (of, apparently, many) interviews over the phone. This one was pretty simple. Just basic review of your answers to the online application. Now I have another phone interview next week,

Interview Question – What was a situation where you had to ask several questions to sell to a customer, what were they and what was the result. Not really a difficult question but it totally threw me off because I had to think back to a job in sales from 6 years ago. I thought of several without a problem AFTER I got off the phone. Not too bad though. She told me to review some behavioral type questions and have a situation in mind for each of the questions.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – The hiring process went really smooth. After applying, you are called to schedule for a phone interview with the HR manager. If that goes well, then you are given another call within a week to schedule another phone interview with another HR representative. If you pass that, then your application is passed on to the store(s) you applied for. From there, you are called by the manager of that store for a face-to-face interview. After that, it is up to them to decide whether to hire you.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to overcome an objection.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a base pay plus commission.

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews, assessment and 2 face to face interviews

Interview Question – Situational based questions just prepare and have actual situations ready   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – ask you questions about things that you really dont do in the job

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – just had one interview on the phone then she setup the 2nd phone interview this friday at 9am

Interview Question – pretty much review your job history to see if everything was right   Answer Question

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – You will first apply through the website for a position. There will be at least one initial interview. They will perform a very thorough background check. There will be one or two more interviews.

Interview Question – As this was over 4 years ago, I do not remember.   Answer Question

Owner/Agent Interview

Owner/Agent

I applied through other source and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Faith Fritchman is awful

Interview Question – Are you ok winning the Agent of The Year and us moving in another agent next door to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None Verizon owns you in the Agent contract.

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and received a phone call within 30 minutes from a recruiter with Verizon requesting a phone interview. We had the phone interview the next day and it went well. I was told to come in for a skills assessment. I failed the skills assessment. The frustrating part is they don't tell you what section you failed or what you could have done better at.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was about fishing - blue fish and white fish like cheese, you will only catch spotted fish in the rain, etc. The lights kept going out while I was taking the test (I think they were on a timer and I was the only one in the room). Anyway, I think they try too hard to weed people out when they obviously are in desperate need of help. I have a bachelors degree in marketing and many years of customer service and sales.   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!