Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
1,052 Interview Reviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Aurora, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

It was a thorough interview process. They go through the "what if" scenarios, along with asking for results or actions on the "what if" scenarios. It took a couple of weeks to have the interview process to be completed, however the background check took almost a whole month.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an angry customer complaining about their phone? Did you turn the situation around.   Answer Question

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Verizon HR rep emailed me to schedule a phone interview. I arrainged one to be held the next day. The phone interview was about 30-45 minutes. She reviewed the compensation package with me. She went over my work experience. She asked me about a time when I had a conflict at work and she asked me to role play and sell her something over the phone. She told me I was able to proceed to the next phase of the interview process which was in person in NYC. I had the interview. I sat down with two different interviewers. It seemed overwhelming because there were about 15 other people getting interviewed at the same time, but not too bad. Interviewer told me I would hear back in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me if I could role-play and sell me three verizon wireless products   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    I received an email from Verizon to set up a phone interview. In that email, they attach a document that has: what the job will consist of, a video link to show you the atmosphere, and a little bit about the company and it's credo. The document also contained salary and other benefits should you be hired. The phone interview was pretty simple, they discuss a little bit of your resume, talk about the position and a little bit of what the hours would be. They ask you how familiar you are with wireless technology. They also ask you why you want to work there and maybe a few general interview-type questions that I don't quite remember. They will definitely ask about the company credo, so make sure you read that. They'll ask which one is your favorite or which one is the most important to you. Also be sure to watch the video. I didn't get a chance to watch the video, so after I reluctantly told her that, she didn't ask me anything about it. She talked about salary, which was set at 28K a year, but said something about how a degree and experience may have an affect on it.

2. Assessment
    Shortly after that, I received a email conversation for the assessment. The assessment is broken into 7 sections and there is a time limit. I believe the max time for the entire process is 90 minutes, though each section has it's own time limit. Not all sections have time limits, but most of them do. One section consist of those questions that you strongly disagree/agree. Another section consist re-typing a sentence as fast and accurately as you can. There is also a part where they play the audio and you have to type what you hear. Another section consist of matching numbers within a grid of numbers. Another section consists of audios of customer complaints and based on the knowledge provided for that customer, you must figure out which option is best. Another section is you listening to customer complaints and directing them to the right operator while at the same time looking at a set of a numbers and clicking match/no match. There's another section that involves fishing, which is mostly word problem solving. If A and B are this then what you need to catch C? That's all that I remember. It took me about an hour to finish the entire test, the lady said I passed.

3. Interview
    The interview was not as hard as I thought it would be. There was one recruiter doing the interview and she was very nice. She talked about the position a little bit and asked if I was to move forward in the process, did I need any particular days off in the next 3 months. This was because the training is 3 months long and has very specific days/hours. I told her that was fine and I hadn't planned anything. The interview didn't follow the typical style that most do. They didn't ask me to tell them about myself and my story or anything like that. She did ask why I wanted to work there and what's the best part of this position and what would be the biggest challenge. She asked where my knowledge was with wireless technology. Also asked about which apps I use and which operating system I was familiar with. One STAR question was asked. Tell me about a situation in your previous job where there was an unforeseen issue and how you handled it. The interview then moved to role base situation, where the interviewer played a customer and I was the customer service specialist. Two more of these were done, the latter two you were given pieces of paper that had information you would need to address the customer issues. Another task that was assigned to us was to sell the interviewer a piece of technology that we use or have used. That was mostly it. The interviewer actually talked for the most part during the interview. When the interview was basically completed, I asked questions of my own about pay and other benefits. While she answered, she told me she was sending all my information to HR. I took that as a good sign. At the end of the interview, she said if I was selected, they would contact me in the next few days. 3 hours later I received a call with a job offer. They were able to increase my salary to 32K along with many other benefits. Obviously a drug test was required within 48 hours, along with a background check. Make sure your resume is correct, as they will do a complete background check and verify your job history and salary. The background check people, a couple days later, asked for a recent pay stub and a W2 from a few years ago. A day later, I got a call to say everything is clear and to officially welcome me to the company. That was followed by an email confirmation with information about the first day and to create my ID.

And that's pretty much it. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• A situation in your life or job where there was an unforeseen issue and what you did to overcome it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

On April 11, 2015 I sent my resume into an employee that works for Verizon in Jacksonville, FL. On April 13, 2015 I received an email from a lady that I assume is with corporate, inviting me to do an Online Video Interview. After completing this interview I haven't heard anything back, its only been a couple days, and im unsure what the process is for them. A lot of people I've read about have done phone interviews, and I haven't read from anyone that they have done and online video interview, im not sure If I should consider that like a phone interview? im hoping to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the greatest, would you rate your knowledge of technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Raleigh, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

One initial phone screen, very simple, questions about results and past positions. Next in store interview with store manager at which store that you applied. Again quite simple. Asked me to sell him a pencil sitting on his desk! Very easy! It was as straight forward as it gets. You don't need to do any preparation. Just be yourself and tell them how you can be successful with verizon.

Systems Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Human resource checked some basic information and set up phone interview schedule. One manager and two technical staff had phone interview with me. Interview went smoothly and waiting for response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Willow Grove, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

The process now in 2015 is way different from how I did it in 2010 but I would like to explain the 2015 way to help any people along the way, because that's what its all about, right? So first you will have 2 or 3 phone interviews with various HR representatives before you get the face to face interview. They will ask you typical questions. They want to hear well spoke professional demeanor with a nice vocabulary. Then you will interview with your sales manager. They will awkwardly make a sales rep in a scenario selling a customer (them playing one) a phone. These are the important things to do throughout the sale: 1. Make a connection with the customer based on visual clue (i.e. if you see a NBA hat and you like basketball mention something...Make a connection. 2. Sell accessories with the the phone. Dont spend a bunch of time selling the type of phone. Too many people spend all this time with the phones and fail the interview. Sell accessories with the phone. 3. Recommend a non phone product to sell the customer (i.e. a tablet, a hotspot, home services, etc.) This is MOST IMPORTANT!

Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Fort Collins, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter, they asked about sales and customer service questions – “tell me about a time” “how would you handle the scenario….” “Have you ever dealt with a difficult person …” “there is a lot of standing or walking in this position – would you be able to …? Pretty easy questions

Interview Questions

• Interview - was nothing - mgr looked at my resume, we talked about why I wanted to work there, and I was hired.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chandler, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position and followed up with the recruiter. Got a phone interview that went over my past employers and why I'm interested in Verizon. Got a final interview with the HR Manager and Associate Director. The process is very competitive, but if you do research on the company and practice the STAR Method you should be golden.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult time working in a group/team?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The average questions of how and what you plan to do out of the gate, what you think are the most important tasks and strategies to employee working as a sole person or on a team. How to upsell a client and how to break into a new account or industry vertical, all close to on the ground tactics and high level strategy. Keep an open mind, know that each person that you interview with will have a different way to interview and goals or information that they are seeking, so things will change depending on the person you are meeting, the role, if they have a lot of applicants, if you are on a short list or a filler candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are you good at doing?   1 Answer