Verizon Wireless

1,005 Interview Reviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2015.

Interview process took about 3 weeks. Pretty routine as far as questions and screening process. Everyone I encountered spoke in present tense, "you will", "when you", "we will", Gave positive feedback at all levels of interview.

Interview Questions
    • STAR questions used. Examples of difficult situations that were resolved. Role play to sell product or services.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Very cold offer, write down. Time of call, 48 hours to submit drug test . Background check starts immediately.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2012.

Background questions, STAR questions (Situation, Task, Actions, Results) Explain why they should hire you. Additional background questions. Went through a panel interview with current people already in position. Also interviewed with another Director who was a trusted adviser of hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you gave great customer service. How did that make you feel?   Answer Question
    I renegotiated pay based on base salary with previous job plus commission that resulted in a monthly salary when compared to a base salary and a yearly bonus.

Customer Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The phone interview was very chaotic. They actually forgot to call me. I had to call them. And then when I called them, they wanted to reschedule. Didn't really seem like they wanted to really hire me at all. Some of these HR people have nothing to do so they just want to create work for themselves.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

First saw job opening on my University's recruiting website. Then I applied online directly on the verizon wireless website. A few months later I received a phone interview with an HR representative. Typical Interview. Called back once again and talked to a different HR Rep. Standard phone interview, nothing special.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orangeburg, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orangeburg, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2013.

2 phone interviews and then a face to face. I hear they now have some basic skills test involved now as well. Constantly asked to recall a prior exp to serve as an example of how one would this solve a hypothetical problem.

Interview Questions
    • lots of hypothetical role playing questions based on your sales exp.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2011.

Last about an hour, one on one or sometimes a panel interview where the managers rotate. It depends on if it's a job fair or not. If so, it will be a rotating panel.

Interview Questions
    • They are situational questions... "Tell me about a time....." They all go based off how you handled situations in the past. I.e. "Tell me about a time when you went over and above for a customer"   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

applied online had a phone interview then when pasted that a panel interview. Then needed to take a 100 question personality test. overall process was pretty easy. No real big surprises.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you were faced with adversity   View Answer
    did not negotiate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2011.

the first round was a phone interview. asked basic questions like name a time you were face with a difficult task. what did you do to overcome it. next was the face to face. it was about 6 questions asked. they want their response in a specific format. must describe the Situation, then Tasks taken,Approach and Results produced.

Interview Questions
    • name a time you have dealt with a difficult coworker. what did you do to resolve the issue   Answer Question

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2015.

Had initial phone interview. Went smoothly. Asked questions about my background and previous work experience. Asked me why I wanted to work for Verizon. Look over the information they sent you because they will ask you if you looked over it and they will ask you what you liked about what you saw. Make sure to review the product they want you to "sell."
    The in-person interview went well. For laid back. Asked me similar questions to the phone interview. Be confident.

Programmer Analyst - Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2011.

Based on a peer's referal, I contacted an recuting agency who dealt with this company.
    We discussed my suitability for positions at this company. She then submitted my resume and within a couple of weeks setup an interview with the hiring manager.
    I met with two people. One was a manager who gave an overview of company and position. He also asked general background questions about myself. He also asked to discuss my work experiences and some very high level technical questions. Then I was questioned by one of hiss taffwho gave me a more detailed technical interview. The topics included Cobol, DB2, JCL, CICS
    After I was approved by manager, I had to pass a drug test.
    Once that was passed, an offer letter was sent to me detailing, rate, start date and location..

Interview Questions
    • Questions about DB2, Cobol, CICS , Debugging. as well as questions regarding how I would perform in certain real life work environment situations   Answer Question