Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Got a phone call which was about 10 minutes late, and I don't think she liked the fact that I joked about it. Did not ask any STAR based questions, but went straight into the Credo and role playing on selling 2 products. The roll playing was rather difficult because for sales, you ask the individual questions in order to see how the product would fit into their needs. I would ask her a question while role playing and there was about a 3 second delayed response, which was very confusing. Each question I ask, 3 second delayed response. Maybe this was to throw me off, but came off as very weird.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 years.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years

Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

1. Preliminary Phone Interview
    2. In-person Interview
    3. In-store Interview

Got through the the second process - the in-person interview. Later that week I received an e-mail saying I did not get the job.

Senior Systems Performance Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2014.

Initial communication by e-mail asking to create a profile and shared detailed personal information. Login credential were provided. 2nd a phone interview with HR from NJ (position was for Florida). 3rd a 1hr long technical phone interview with manager and one member of the local performance team.

Interview Questions
    • Describe all LTE physical channels   Answer Question
    • Describe an optimization case where you provided a solution and evidence of your participation and overall role   Answer Question
    • What is TTI bundling?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2014.

While the process has not been overtly difficult, it has taken quite some time. You first go through two separate phone interviews before finally meeting with the store manager face to face. All three interviews were held weeks apart and for someone that may need a job and a job fast, I don't suggest going this route- or at least explain up front that you need the process to go as fast as possible. The second phone interview took about 40 minutes and the only difficult portion was the 'behavioral section'. Be prepared to answer a lot of "what did you do in this situation?" questions about things you did in your past jobs. They transcribe everything you are saying so take your time and give an actual thought out statement. The in person interview is basically a reiteration of the second except this time they want you to clarify all your past work dates because they will be calling your former employees.

Interview Questions
    • The simulation section over the phone. They give you a pdf of a Verizon product and the person on the other end of the line pretends to be a customer and wants you to sell them the product. It wasn't difficult if you've had experience in retail sales before but it was awkward having to do that over the phone knowing they were transcribing everything you said.   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

interview is very specific and detailed generalized explanations of experience is not accepted. any one must provide specific scenarios of prior work experienced as related to the job perks is to also talk of sales experience along with customer care experience be fully prepared for any type of question as related to job be clear and concise in details dress absolutely business professional

Interview Questions
    • when was a time you were unable to handle a customer? what was the scenario? what did you do? what was the outcome?   View Answer
    once offer is accepted the recruiters are excited to have new hires on boarding they will provide all you need to begin successfully

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Written test(includes aptitude and technical questions), followed by two technical interviews ( focus on your current technology and current project) and one HR (formal discussion it was like cake walk)

Interview Questions
    • Write code for your major project ... :)   View Answer

Verizon Wireless Telesales Representative Interview

pretty straight forward but takes long time. 2 phone interviews, one assessment and in person interview. Common sense no need to prepare anything. i am still waiting for the last interview which will be tomorrow

set salary

Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

I applied online. It took approximately 3 days before I got the call. 1st two interviews were over the phone with hiring team. Role play. Then in store interview nothing major just be yourself. Next day I was offered the job.

None

Coordinator BGCO Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview took place 2 weeks after applying and was scheduled with 2 interviewers trading questions. Each interview had an area of expertise, the one was a specialist for accessory sales and the other was a long-time supervisor of the offline processing team. One interview question consisted of providing real-life examples of scenarios that match closely to problem solving, dealing with customers and making a significant sale. Another interview question involved relaying your experience and efficiency in working under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • Example where technical expertise resolved a problem for a customer, who then bought a Verizon product or service as a result.   Answer Question
    None

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2011.

Applied online, took about 2 weeks before a recruiter contacted me via email. Then we set up a Phone Interview, pretty standard. She went over my background, skills, experience, focusing on Customer Service. A little bit of behavioral questions towards the end of the phone Interview. Then she called me the following day to ask me to go into the office for a face to face Interview. Think it was within the same week. At the office, I was first interviewed by 2 people, including the same lady who interviewed me over the phone. She was very nice, the gentleman too. Same standard questions including behavioral mostly. Then they asked me to wait at the waiting room. After about 1 hr, they called me again, this time I was interviewed by a guy, who said he was a coordinator in Technical Support. He asked me about computers, multi-tasking skills, etc. Then he again send me back to the waiting area. After about half hr, he came back and told me I got the job pending must undergo background screening. No drug test at that time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a professional goal that you set up, and how you achieved it.   View Answer
    The starting pay per hour was fixed for all entry-level CSR's. Started at $12.98/hr in 2010. But the was annual cash bonuses paid to everyone based off performance.