Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
1,054 Interview Reviews

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Applied online, received email from recruiter asking to set up a time for a phone interview.
    Had a negative experience with the particular recruiter. She didn't get my email about my preferred times, and I had to call her.

The interview was about 25 minutes long, and at the end she told me that I would be moving on to the next stage, but for a position which I had not applied for (I applied for Network/IT and they placed me in CS/Development when I had no experience in it). She realized this about a week after the interview and asked for my resume so she could forward it to the Network/IT hiring manager. I have not heard back from them despite repeatedly following up for the past few months.

Interview Questions

• What are you short term and long term plans?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to intern with Verizon Wireless?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work with a challenging member of a team, how did you cope with it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charleston, SC).

Interview

It was a long process. I had two interviews. I thought it went good but I guess not because I didn't get it. I reapply but haven't heard anything yet. From what I heard it's stressful to work there.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Ontario, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

So I had gotten tired of working at ATT so I decided to apply for Verizon because I heard they had better job advancement opps, better pay, and just an overall better company to work for.
    1) I applied on 12/22/2014 filled out online app & took assessment.Received an email the next morning asking for the best time to schedule a phone interview. Confirmed interview for that same day at 2 pm. They emailed me their Credo & the accessory of the month. REVIEW THESE MATERIALS BECAUSE THEY WILL ASK YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. So study study study.

2) 12/23/14 conducted phone interview. She called on time, went over resume and online application. They are VERY paranoid & emphasize verifying employment history. After that had STAR format questions "tell me a time when" think of 5 situations you can flex to any type of situation. Have enthusiasm & make sure you talk about sales & how you can sale & you should pass. After that she asked about the credo & then we role played the Accesory of the month. Once completed she invited me to an I store interview.

3) 1/9/15 went in for in store interview. Dress professionally! And mirror the upbeat attitude that you had over the phone. Was interviewed by two managers from different stores. (These may of May not be your store managers) and a HR rep who I honestly believe was the DM. Pretty straightforward. They were very nice. Same questions as over the phone. "Tell me a time when" "how would you handle this" "where do you see yourself in a yr" "why Verizon" "how does Verizon's credo relate to you & your sales & business ethic" "how do you handle stress" then they went over employment history again. From there we role played. They already had an Accesory on the table for me to "sale" to one of the managers. Just ask discovery questions, and try to get them to buy the product & you'll be fine. From there they asked If I had any questions. ASK QUESTIONS!! They want to know your really interested, and take this time to sale yourself. Lasted about 30 min. Was told they were making their decisions that night & I should hear something the next day

The next day I couldn't wait, so I sent a friendly email to the HR rep to check on the status. Around noon. Received an email back around 5 asking to confirm all my previous employments & have EXACT dates as it could disqualify me. Gave me a date to email everything over then asked a day to call to do a "final review" of my app

4) 1/12/15 received phone call went over employment a last time & it turns out that call was actually an employment offer!!!

Overall pretty quick process. Very stressful & nervewrecking so be on your toes at all times. Background check is VERY THOROUGH so double check everything.

Currently waiting my background check & start date but if all goes well I should start 1/29. So for me, process took 4 weeks.

Hope this helps & good luck!!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?
      Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Tell me a time you had to meet a Deadline & had difficulty

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. I tried but they stated hourly was set. However, commission is where the real flexibility comes in because you can make between 65,000 + a year

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

I have only had one phone interview with them so far and I am still waiting to hear back. I just emailed the woman who interviewed my and she said that no decisions have been made so far. The process has been slow but there was good chemistry and the questions weren't too difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to juggle multiple projects and how it turned out.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

A very long process, it took me over 3 months to even hear anything back. Started off with a phone interview, then assessment text, then face to face interview. Everyone was really nice but became rude when i tried to find out my post interview status. Very hard to get in touch with someone to ask questions.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online on the 15th of February and received an email the next day saying I passed the assessment and that they wanted to schedule a phone interview, I scheduled the interview for March 4th because I wasn't planning on working there till April. The phone interview went well and she scheduled me for my assessment onsite for the following Tuesday (March 10th) at 2 pm. It took me approximately an hour to do the assessment and about 5 mins after finishing my recruiter came in the room to let me know that I passed and we could go ahead and schedule my face to face interview with the director and a supervisor. I had my interview on March 12th and felt that it was one of my easier interviews I've had to be honest. They were writing down everything I said so it was kind of nice not having them stare me or look me in the eyes the entire time. After the interview was over, the supervisor took me on a tour of their facility and when we finished she told me my recruiters would be contacting me with the next steps, when she said that I automatically assumed I got the job just because why would they contact me if I didn't? Anyways I was nervous waiting all weekend to find out something but on Monday, (March 16th) around noon the recruiter called me letting me know that they would like to offer me the job contingent upon drug test and background check. I accepted and I am now in the process of waiting for that. The training I will be in starts April 13th.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was given the $28,000 base salary.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wilmington, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by a person from workplace group telling me she saw my resume on one of the job websites and thought I would be a good match for a position with Verizon. I told her I was interested, she set me up with a phone interview a few days later with herself. I did the phone interview and she immediately told me she would like me to move onto do the assessment. She explained that the assessment for this position is online and once I received it I had 72 hours to complete it. She said this one a new way they were doing the assessment for this position. She said once I pass that then I will get invited for a face to face interview. I am currently waiting to take this online assessment. Fingers crossed that I move alone the Verizon hiring process!

Interview Questions

• What do you like & dislike about current job?, Why do I want to work for Verizon? What did I think about the credo that was emailed to me? Tell me a time when you had to deal with a change in the workplace and how did you handle that? Tell me about a problem that you had with a customer and what happened? What step do you use to analyze a problem ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day to set up a phone interview. We agreed to have the phone interview the following day. The HR lady called just a couple of minutes after the agreed upon time. She alternated between telling me about the position and asking questions. My original email included a couple of videos that I needed to watch as well as a flyer about one of their accessories. Be sure to review these items because you will be asked about them. She wanted to know how I felt about the company credo. We also did a couple of role plays about the accessory of the month (the item that was in the emailed flyer). The phone interview lasted roughly 45 minutes. At the end, she said she was going to move me onto the second phase of the interview process and have a manager reach out to me to schedule an in person interview. I was told it could take a week. About 6 days later, a manager did call. Unfortunately, he was leaving for vacation the next day and was hoping that I could come in that same day for an interview. I already had commitments made for the day that I was unable to get out of. He said he understood and told me he'd call back when he got into the office so he could check his calendar for after he returned from vacation. I never got a call back. It's now been over a week since he came back from vacation and still no call. I reached out to the HR representative through email and she quickly responded telling me she would reach out to the manager and see when I could get in for an interview. I never heard back. I find it very disappointment that I made it through the 45 minute phone interview only to be discarded because I was unable to make it in for a same day interview. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

On phone interview and in person interview were very good cordial. I had to fly to Kansas to take the interview unpaid for but i was determined for this job.

Interview Questions

• What is your ultimate career goal   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Applied online followed by a phone interview then called in for an assessment. Passed the assessment and was schedualed for face to face interview. They showed me around the building asked some behavioral questions then did a mock call. It seemed to go veryvery well. Then she said ok youll hear from us in a couple days. A few days later recieved an email saying they found more qualified people.