Verizon Wireless

Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Analyst - Messaging Department Interview

Data Analyst - Messaging Department
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview - One on one interview with direct report. Fairly easy interview. Discussing back ground and future goals. Asked common interview questions and tried to determine if I would be a good fit for the company.

In person interview: Met with the Associate Director and Direct report. Very tough interview. Lasted about an hour. Asked tough questions and were very technical.

Interview Question – Asked what my process would be to reach a resolution for an unrelated problem. This required me to think on the spot and I was unable to prepare for this.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact was precise and in a timely manner. I took the first round interview over the phone since I was moving and trying to get a new Verizon job in a new city. The second interview was to be with a manager I the store directly. This is where the problem started. The recruiter did not contact me with adequate time. Instead it was any weeks later. At that time I had already established a new position. I could not stand just "waiting" around when they made me feel so confident about the new position, since I had previous experience.

Interview Question – "I am a non tech savvy customer. Sell me this accessory..."   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had already moved on. They did however tell me they would keep me in mind and asked if I could do the same.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – There is a standard phone screening. After this, you are then invited to take a rather lengthy series of exams and tests. Once this is completed, should you pass, you are then invited back for an interview with no less than two people. During this interview, you will be required to answer STAR questions, listen to calls and review them, and discuss your resume.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, just STAR questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. You start at the bottom and they offer the start date and advise you of your salary.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – One face-to-face interview with a manager, but I had an "in" and recommendation from an employee who worked under her. Asked sales related questions about my previous jobs and how I met and exceeded goals.

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Experience Specialist Interview

Experience Specialist
Midvale, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details – So first off the application was one of the longest and most detailed applications i have had to go through, which is fine. Once I was selected for an interview I sat there and waited for 3 and a half hours before I finally got my interview! That was a joke. It went well and I was called back for the final interview. At least this time I didn't have to wait very long, still about 15-20 minutes though. This interview was at the store in a back office and it took about an hour to complete and afterwards I had to do a couple role play scenarios learning about a new phone then selling it to the manager and then do the same with an accessory. I know my stuff and nailed it with no problem in my opinion. They said I would get a call within a week whether I got the position or not. After a week still no call so I gave them a call and had to leave a message but he never called me back.

Interview Question – What did you like about their Credo?   View Answer

Representative -Retail Sales Interview

Representative -Retail Sales

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for a local retail store and received an email the day after I applied about scheduling an interview time. The email included two attachments: a detailed job description with information on salary, commission, benefits and the Verizon Credo, the second attachment was the accessory of the month. I was told to review the attachments before my interview. I called the number provided the next business day and scheduled a phone interview for later that day.

The phone interview took approximately 50 minutes (I was told it would take anywhere from and hour to and hour and a half). There were three distinctive parts of the interview: review background information, sales scenario, and behavioral questions.

The following day, I received a phone call from the manager at the store I would be working at if hired. We set up a day and time for me to come in a have a second interview. The second interview was on a Monday (the call was on Friday). I went to the store and interviewed with the manager. The manager asked behavioral questions and reviewed my background. I also completed an assessment. I was told that I would receive a call within the week about another interview if I would continue with the interview process.

I received a call that day from Verizon HR about scheduling a time to go over a few things. The next day I spoke to a hiring manager and was offered the position on the contingency that I passed a drug screening and background check.

The process took about a month, I applied at the end of May and will start at the end of June.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Human Resource Coordinator
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – I was internal employee and applied for this position. It took about 2 months to get an offer. There was many candidates who applied so that is not unheard of. I interviewed with one person and it was a formal behavior base interview.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about the questions but there was definite interest in how do you handle stress. Also, what is your mobility options.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for position, received a phone call for an interview a month later, phone interview, in-person interview. Asked generic behavioral questions. Attended new hire training for 4 weeks in orange burg, ny.

Interview Question – Tell me about your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Engineering Interview

Engineering

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – Since I was only in my second year of college, they didn't ask many technical questions but mostly behavioral. They were very nice, gave me a in-person interview on campus, then gave me a couple of phone interviews. I was offered the internship!

Interview Question – What problem did you have in your group project and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

Customer Specialist

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – You apply online and a recruiter will contact you if they want to set up an interview. The recruiter that contacted me was very busy and had to reschedule 3 times, sometimes they wouldn't tell me that the time was unsuitable so I would just wait and no call. Anyway, finally got called on one of the dates, interview lasted 45 minutes. They say they are constantly hiring and are looking for 10 new employees.

Interview Question – Everything was basic. Why do you want to leave your current job, what do you expect in a new employer, why do you want to work there, would you be comfortable in the work environment?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless