Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

BAE Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

It was made up of 2 interviews. 2 management levels. Expect to be energetic. You need to Hard close on next steps. Having 30/60/90 and brag book will help. Network with existing reps for referrals.

No, DOE

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2014.

Applied online then received an email for pre-screen phone interview couple days later. After pre-screen you will receive an email to set up a time to go in to take the two hour assessment skills test. If you pass, then you will receive an actual phone interview. After the phone interview and pushed to the next round, you will receive a face to face interview with a supervisor and you will also get a your of the facility. Very friendly staff and welcoming.

Interview Questions

I was offered another opportunity with a higher salary and more beneficial to my career path.

Cellular Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2014.

This was the most ridiculously over-the-top interview I have ever experienced. I think they are actually looking for lawyers and not real sales people. The interviews were all really long and I was of course early for everything but was made to wait at least a half an hour each time. Might have been OK if I was offered a job. Their follow up letter also basically says you are not good enough and sounds completely unprofessional.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2014.

I first received an email asking to be set up for a phone interview the week of Aug 3. I was showed numerous time slots and told to pick one. I selected the week of august 10th.
    In the phone interview she asked me questions of why I want to work for Verizon. What I liked about the position, benefits, credo and what I did not like. She asked me about myself and verified my employment history on my resume. The then asked me STAR interview questions. After this she told me I had successful completed the interview and I would move on to the next step, which was the assessment test. During this interview you can tell it is scripted and they follow a flow.
    Assessment.
    Many people will say that if you can read and write you can pass the test! This is not true. If you are a regular are advanced computer user it will be like reading or writing. If you are not, you will have a hard time passing. I took my test on the week of the 17th. I showed up and was brought to a room with computers in it. Kind of like a voting booth but no privacy curtain. You can shop around for more info about the test. But this is what I remember (Each section is timed – countdown). First part is a basic survey and questions. For example I desire a job where (I do nothing all day or I am challenged every day). The next part is your regular questions about ethics and stuff. You know the ones about if someone stole something would you tell the manager. The next part is listening to customer calls and deciding the appropriate answer from Very good to the worst. Next part was like bingo. A number popped up and you had to find it in the card on the left side of the screen and click it. The net part was typing. Retyping sentences and typing recorded sentences. The next part was call routing. Incoming calls can in and you had to transfer them to the right department while also verifying numbers on the left side of the screen to see if they match. There may be a few other things I missed but you can find those if you hunt through the interview list. Now I did not finish one section so if you did make it on one section do not worry as I still passed. I want to say quality of quantity but I only missed one section. Also there is the critical thinking one with the boat. Someone else explained it will on here.
    Like I said this test is not for everyone. I am a strong computer user who can multitask and type 54 wpm. If you are on here, more than likely you will be able to pass the test. If you were smart enough to research the position. But if you do not use the computer on a daily base or know how to type there is a good chance you will not pass the test.
    I was then setup for another interview the next day. This was a interview with a supervisor. She asked me a few behavioral questions. A few questions about the job and my resume. We also played some role playing. She acted like a customer and I tried to help her solve the problem. She then asked me to sell her a item. I was caught off guard completely but I still made it through. I am not a seller. After this my interview was over and I received an offer the following week.
    So in total it took 5 weeks before I walked in the door full time.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They pay is set in stone.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Georgetown, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, SC

Applied online on 8/5/14. Recieved an email with details about the job details, benefits, salary etc. and was told to make an appointment for the phone interview. I schedule my interview for 9/1 but had to reschedule due to it being a holiday. Had my phone interview that Wednesday. We went over my application and reaume. I was told I would know their decision within 7 days by email. They emailed me on 9/11 and informed me of their decision

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Verizon Wireless?   View Answer

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The experience may vary for each person but for me, since I was already employed at Verizon Wireless, interviewing for the Account Executive position came easy to me because I already knew what to expect. It's my understanding now, having talked with those who were recently hired for the position that it is quite a grueling process. I only had to do 1 interview but someone from the outside has to go through 3 or 4 interviews---1st is the phone interview with HR, 2nd is interview with the Business Sales Manager, 3rd is interview with Associate Director, and 4th (or could also happen during your 3rd) is to do a sales presentation to a fictitious company where you role play with the BSM and AD.

I feel bad for those who apply from the outside because VZW is very political and it's all about who you know. That being said, most Account Executive positions you apply for are already spoken for with someone internal. Now if you happen to know one of the hiring managers then you're most likely a shoe in for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to think outside the box in order to close a sale?   View Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   View Answer
    • Be prepared for a random question such as "You see this pen? Sell it to me right now. Why should I buy this pen from you when I can get it cheaper from somewhere else?

**They won't always use a pen as an example. They've also used a box of tissues, a notebook, etc.**
        View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you did not get the sale (or win the business)? What did you do and why?   Answer Question
    • When is it acceptable to ask for the sale?   View Answer
    I read about how people have negotiated their salaries and had success in doing so, however, I can tell you that I've never seen or heard of anyone who's had success in negotiating a better salary at VZW.
    Consider VZW the hottest girl in town and they have tons of people (especially recent college grads) who want to date them. If you don't accept the offer right away, they know they can move on to someone else who will accept a ridiculously low base salary because they are desperate for a job.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Your resume will be reviewed for key words in Customer Service related jobs. Need to have at least 6 months of consistent employment to get hired most cases
    1. First interview may be over the phone
    2. Interview take a computer assessement where you are to use an interactive customer call to see if you can take calls accurately with a 80% accuracy rate.
    3. If you passed the assessement most people are called in to interview with a Supervisor in the Call Center and an HR Rep.
    4. Then you will be called for drug screen and background check.
    5. Training is about 6 weeks good training.
    6. Must pass training tests with 80% or better on online and classroom assessements all test are on computer so the employee needs to go to Youtube to learn basic word and if you have those skills and have patience you should do well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had an unreasonable request from a customer and how did you respond. Good answer is Respond positively and never get upset with a customer they are not upset with your they are upset with the situation.   Answer Question
    Salary is set at the average rate for entry level CSR in the surrounding area

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

THe process was not too challenging, you have to take a few test and quizzes...they ask a lot of 5 star questions. I had to take a computerized test, then go in for an interview, if you do well on the initial interview, you will be invited back for an interview with the district manager. Overall, the process was not bad, you must be prepared to talk a lot about sales.

BSC Coordinator Interview

They call and schedule a phone interview. This is followed by a computer testing interview. Finally an in person interview at the end. They then follow up with an offer and two months of training.

Interview Questions
    No but they offered me more than I expected.

Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

must apply online at verizonwireless.com and go to career.

Recruiter will call to extend an interview invitation or you will receive a decline letter

you will be asked a number of "scenario questions", ei. "what would you do if...." or "tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?" etc.

Hiring is really left up to the District Manager, seldom left up to the actual store manager

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to bend the rules to accomplish something?   View Answer