Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015
1,180 Interview Reviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied at the beginning of June. Received an email about a week later for me to take the assessment. After I took the assessment (it took me about an hour), I received an email a few hours later telling me to set up a time for a phone interview. Please look over the company credo! The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of mainly behavior based questions and information on the position. I moved on to the final stage which was a face to face interview. This lasted about an hour. More behavior based questions and three role play scenarios. I was told I would know something in 7 -10 days.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most difficult part of this job?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with manager, second phone interview with recruiter. I interviewed with an assistant manager who wrote down my answers to the questions. Mostly behaviorial based situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker. What was it and what did you do   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

Hiring process: Submitted application. Received an email about 5 days later asking me to schedule a phone interview. It was nice to pick the time for my phone interview. Scheduled it for about 3 days later. Phone interview lasted about an hour and asked standard interview questions such as; "Tell me about yourself.", "Why do you want to work for Verizon?","Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer." and so on. After the phone interview they asked me to come the following day for an assessment test. Assessment Test: Consisted of 7 sections. They test your multi-tasking skills buy having you match random number combinations while answering simulated phone calls. Additionally you have to type what someone was speaking. It was fairly easy. I was scheduled for a final interview the following week. Final interview: The final interview consisted of mainly scenario based reenactments. You played the role of the representative while the manager played the customer to see how you handled various situations. The only awkward part for me was the "Sell me a product" scenario as I do not have a sales background. Overall I found the recruiters and managers at Verizon to be very friendly and approachable. The process took 2-3 weeks not including the background check. I would recommend.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

One on on with hiring manager or hiring manager and hr rep.they asked lot of questions and then proceeded to a live test of a scenario you would have in store. You have to sell the interviewer in the store on the sales floor. The trick is just sell km them the phone but talk a an LOT about other things they would need with a phone, like cases and screen protectors. The biggest thing though is attempting to offer them a tablet! That TN alone will almost get you the job! No joke!

Interview Questions

• Where seen have you worked before?   6 Answers
    • What experience do you have speaking to the general public license and/or problem solving for a customer or organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I in did not negotiate.this was my first real job!

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied around June 1st through the Verizon Website. After a day or two I received an email saying the looked over my application and invited me to take the online assessment VERY BASIC common sense questions. After I passed that (which I found out the same day through email), I was asked to schedule my pre screen phone interview. Most reviews I read people did the phone interview first then the assessment so why mine was backwards I don't know, but it was. The phone call only took about 30 minutes, it was very laid back. They were easy to talk to and asked very straight forward questions. I was told before ending the conversation that someone would contact me about a face to face interview, which was later on that day. The face to face interview wasn't too bad. It was me and one supervisor. Same basic questions. They explained the position details and showed me around a little. We did a role playing section, which wasn't exactly hard but it was awkward and made you feel like everything you say is wrong. Not because they made you feel you were wrong but that you are caught off guard & arent %100 on what your allowed to say, if that makes any sense. Be able to think on your toes for sure! It was pretty easy as long as you remain confident, calm, & clear minded. I was told If chosen I would receive a call in 7-10 days, possibly an email.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Davenport, IA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking for a phone interview. Phone interview was about 30-45 minutes long asking basic "Describe a time..." questions. The second part of the phone interview was a role play for their accessory of the month. Make sure you know the specs on that, study the sheet they email you. After the phone interview, I received a call from the store manager asking for a face to face interview. The face to face interview was more in-depth. I was told at the beginning of the interview that there was an internal candidate for the position and they asked if I was interested in working at another store. My interview was on Wednesday and on Sunday I received a call from the store manager at the other store asking for another in person interview. This interview consisted almost entirely of a role play. I had to sell the store manager a smart phone. I then had to choose accessories for 3 different situations and sell them to the manager. The next Tuesday I received an offer from the HR Rep contingent on a drug screen and background check.

Digital Marketing and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with two people from the team. They asked a few questions about java and explained more about the team and what they were responsible for working on. The technical questions were not very difficult and there were only a few. I received an offer the same day as the interview. There was no phone screening or other interviews

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The process was a bit longer. I had the first interview over the phone with an HR persons and the next step was a face to face interview. The face to face was with a store manager of the location I had applied to work at. He had questions along with scenario and situational questions.,

Interview Questions

• They handed me a stapler that was sitting on my desk and said "sell this to me"   Answer Question

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Panama City, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Absolutely hands down the best interview experience of my life. I applied online. Two days later I was contacted by phone and asked if I would be interested in a phone interview. I said yes. Within seconds I had an email asking me to schedule my phone interview. I used the system. I hit enter and the phone rang. The individual interviewing me said that there was a conflict with the time I chose. They asked what other time would be better. And we rescheduled. After my very in depth phone interview, I was given very constructive feedback and recommended for a face to face interview. Two minutes after hanging up the phone I received a call from the Store's General manger. It worked out that we could do it two days later at noon. Again. A very thought out professional interview. Then role playing. To see what my skill level was. I never felt intimidated or pressured. Again I was coached. On the spot. It was great! Never have I seen interviewing done this way. Four days later I was offered the position and bam! Background and drug test were lighting fast. And I am in a hotel room writing this review. Being on boarded tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• They provided me material to look over in an email prior to my interview. My advise here, versus giving and example question, is to make sure you study that material.   Answer Question

Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porter Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Porter Ranch, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two days after applying online I was emailed a link to schedule an interview and information to review about the position along with Verizon's Credo. A few days later I had a preliminary phone interview with the same person who had emailed me. I was told that I would be contacted about setting up a face-to-face interview with one of the store managers. I did receive a call back, but declined to set up the interview because it would not work well with my school schedule.

Interview Questions

• What values stood out to you from Verizon's Credo?   1 Answer