Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015
1,054 Interview Reviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online then later that same day I received a phone call to do a telephone interview. After the telephone interview I set an appointment for the next day to take the assessment test. I did not pass the assessment test. However I received a call the following week from an HR rep, stating that they had changes some stipulations for the assessment test and were wondering if I was still interested in continuing the interview process. (Of course I said YES). I set up my face to face interview and that went well. A few days later I received a call from the HR rep extending a verbal offer. He went over the offer with me on the phone and then said he was going to e-mail me a written copy of everything we had just went over along with some things I needed to complete before my start date. The drug test and background check are time sensitive (I suggest you not delay on those). Now I'm just waiting to hear that my drug test and background check came back clear and then I'm good to turn in my two week notice to my current job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for VZW? Where do you see yourself if 5 years?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Franklin, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

I started filling out my application on 3/24/15. I didn't finish it that night because it was late. I went to bed and when I woke up, I had an email from someone at Verizon asking if I was still interested in the position. On 3/25, I finished my application. On 3/26 I woke up and had an email requesting that I call to set up a phone interview. On 3/26 I called to set up an interview for 3/30/15. I had the interview today and I have a f2f interview at the HQ on 4/6. So the interview process is very quick.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific time when you had a lot of tasks to get done in a short amount of time? How did you choose which ones to do first and how to get them all done?   Answer Question

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone Interview with recruiter followed by an interview with a store manager & solution specialist lead. The interview was pretty simple. I received an email with my answer.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Lebanon, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

The process itself took about 3 weeks. I applied online on a Thursday, Friday I received an email prompting me to schedule a phone interview; I scheduled it for the following Tuesday. After I scheduled the interview i received an email confirming the interview time and a 2nd email that talks about the company's credo and one accy... It is vital that you review this email as you will be asked what you liked about the company's credo as well as asked to sell the featured accessory through roll play. The phone interview was fairly easy. I was asked behavioral questions and answered them in the STAR format. After the interview the HR representative told me that I passed the interview and that I would be contacted within 48 hrs. I was contacted on Friday and scheduled an in person interview for Tuesday...
    Make sure that if you get this far you prepare yourself for this interview. Practice answering behavioral questions at home and come up with preconceived answers for the questions "why Verizon?" "What can you offer the company?" I did not prepare myself and stumbled with some of the questions which ultimately cost me the opportunity. The in store interview consisted of two store managers and lasted about 45 minutes. The managers are trained to express little feedback durring the interview process which inturn was nerve racking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to reach a goal? I am looking for details.
      Why Verizon?
      What is a pet peeve of yours in the work place?

Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews-- one with the associate director, one with the director, and one panel with the clients-- a VP and two executive directors. The interviews were fairly straightforward, they asked me about my qualifications, and how my experience related to the position, as well as asking questions such as "tell about a time when you did x..."

I spent most of the time asking questions about the position and the clients I would be supporting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview moved on to the face to face star interview ... Mainly discribe work related situations and 7 part assessment both went very well was called in to interview with department manger a few days later I believe it went very well but you never can tell until an formal offer is made been waiting about a week since second interview keeping my fingers crossed was told I would know if offer will be extend by the end of this week

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to deal with change in the work place and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received a response the next day about setting up a preliminary phone interview with an HR person. I scheduled it for the day following that and the interview was relatively smooth, consisted of some basic background questions, STAR format questions and a role play over the phone in regards to a product. I was passed onto an in store interview which was in front of three individuals and it was in the same format as the preliminary interview. I was told that they will take up to 2 weeks to decide and that I will be contacted by the HR person with whom I initially spoke to.

Interview Questions

• Why sales ? Why Verizon ? How good would you rate yourself in terms of technology and why ?   Answer Question

Business Account Executive Interview

Interview

2 interviews after qualifying through HR. One Sr. Manager and Associate Director.
    Be prepared with a 90 day plan of action and how you expect to bring sales in.
    Focus on activity driven appointments and solutions selling.
    "Sell me this pen" style of questioning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. DOE.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with a recruiter. Some questions but a lot of information. Second interview was with a different recruiter over the phone. Asked mostly behavioral questions. Third interview was in person where I had to sell some things to the manager. Was then offered the job by the first recruiter. Overall process was roughly a month's time.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell something to a technical person and a nontechnical person.   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The phone interview was very chaotic. They actually forgot to call me. I had to call them. And then when I called them, they wanted to reschedule. Didn't really seem like they wanted to really hire me at all. Some of these HR people have nothing to do so they just want to create work for themselves.