Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Hiring process is usually very long, required at least 4 interviews. The first was over the phone, the next was in person and for testing, the next was also in person, and the last was over the phone basically telling me that I had the job.

Not Sure Which One I Applied for Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2014.

Emailed me and was interested so took assessment online. Then got a email to come in due interview. I passed the assessment test wasn't hard a little word problem and math basic math

Government Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2014.

After a pleasant (phone) interview with a great HR screener, I then had the "pleasure" of interviewing with the sales manager in-person. What to say first? The in-person interview was the most awkward and uncomfortable conversation I have had with anyone…yet alone for an interview. This person opened up with the question "So, what brings you here today?" I consider myself to be very good with people and can talk to practically anyone, however I could not get a read nor a reaction on this person. This person read all interview questions from a "new-hire" interview book and provided absolutely no personality. When I asked what the short and long term goals were of the positions, I was sternly answered with "I can't tell you that…you're not an employee."

In addition, the position was not as expected. From the description to the pre-screen phone interview, it seemed as if Verizon was looking for someone to manage governmental accounts by offering viable solutions to their needs. This was not the case…they were looking for aggressive cold-calling sales people. I was asked "If you were a 1099 employee and had to base your entire salary on cold calling new prospects, would you do it?" I thought to myself, "If I were a firefighter, would I run into a burning building to save a litter of kittens?" That's about how much relevancy this question had to the job description. I cannot complain about the job itself even though it is not what I expected, however the expectations of the job should have been more clearly outlined in the description, and especially in the pre-screen interview.

On to the culture of the workplace. When I arrived to the building, I went to the "x" floor, and there was an empty lobby with a door that said Verizon on it. I tried opening the door to see it was locked. This is understandable, being customer data and products are behind there. So I gently knocked on the door and from the intercom, I literally got "What do you want?" I stated that I was here for an interview and they let me in. Now, I got there 15 minutes prior to the interview, which was right around 1:15 PM (or right after lunch). When I sat down in the lobby, I noticed everyone coming back from lunch. There was not one smile, not one "how are you doing", not even one head nod. Everyone looked miserable. This environment was one that I did not want to be a part of.

When the interview concluded, I shook the sales manger's hand, said that it was a pleasure to talk with them, then escorted myself out. When I got to the parking lot, I immediately called my wife and told her that "it looks like we don't have to worry about switching our lines over to Verizon." I didn't leave the interview bummed-out or discouraged, rather pretty excited seeming that I dodged the preverbal bullet. I don't think that I would have fit into this environment, and there is probably someone else who would be more eager to take this type of position.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2014.

I went to look for a job and was given a flyer for the Verizon job fair, they did interviews on the spot and that's as high as I got

Interview Questions
    • what separates you from other perspective applicants?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2014.

The same day I applied, I received an email requesting I schedule a time for a phone interview. I scheduled my phone interview for the next week and reviewed the information attached in the email as well which had information on the company, training schedule if hired, salary if hired and details on a product. During my phone interview, I was questioned about my past work history, why I wanted to work for Verizon and situational questions. The phone interview took about an hour. They gentleman conducting my interview said I did well and asked me to come in for an assessment the following week. The assessment was ok. However, in some sections, it is hard to gauge how well you may be doing because the questions and tasks were so left field in my mind. The assessment took me around 30-40 minutes to complete. After I finished the assessment I was taken out of the room and was told I passed and scheduled a 1:1 interview the next day. I enjoyed my 1:1 interview because I was in a comfortable room with one supervisor who made me feel at ease so that interview went well and lasted 45 minutes. I had to answer more situational questions, sell a product and do a mock customer call. I was told they would be in contact with me when they made a decision. A week later I was called and had to confirm information on my application and then they offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • "How does Verizon fit into your career goals." "Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer." "Name a time I had to complete a difficult task in a small time period."   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Preliminary Interview Questions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2014.

Hi Guys! I just wanted to know if you guys you have been interviewed by Verizon know if I am going to the 2nd step or not. I don't think so :( but I was just wondering after reading so many reviews.
    My interview lasted for about 20-25 mins. I read from others who has gotten the assessment test that once they are done with the interview, the recruiter will most likely tell them the next step process which is the test. My interviewer did not tell me that part and instead told me that I will be given a notice for the next step by email or phone in 7 days or less. :(. I really thought I aced this but I guess I didn't, maybe it's because I currently work for AppleCare? either way did anyone get the same reply and and got the 2nd offer of a test even without being told on the phone they will be moving to next step of the test?
    PS I explained to the interviewer that I am in school which is near the center and she told me if I was offered the job is best to readjust my classes because of training? I am really confused and just want to know if I should just keep looking for other call center jobs?\

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2014.

Applied 11/14/14, I was called the same day and had a telephone interview and then went in the office for an assessment the next day. The final interview was scheduled at my convenience the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time in which you had to multi-task 2 or more things. How did you do it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Contacted several weeks after applying online. 2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview. Entire process took in excess of 2 months. Seemed disorganized as when calling for phone interviews, callers were late, in person interview was also a few minutes after the scheduled time and interviewer seemed distracted. I didn't receive an offer but wouldn't have accepted one; seemed very unconcerned with professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral. Repeated some of the same questions in each interview.   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Applied on 9/14..was emailed to schedule a preliminary phone interview on 9/15 first phone interview was on 9/16 it was basic employment history questions then was asked to role play I then had a face to face interview on 9/24 where it was normal "tell me about a time when" questions followed by a role play.. I was then contacted by HR again for another phone interview on 10/1 and at the end of the call I had a contigent offer based off a drug test and background check on 10/8 I was given the all clear and my training began on 10/20!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to earn a customers trust and how you did so..   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Took about a month to get through all the interviews. Started with hiring manager, then phone interview with GM (store manager) then district and finally director. District Manager normally makes the call on hiring your though. Hope this helps!

Interview Questions
    • Questions on how you would handle different retail scenarios such as conflict among direct reports.   Answer Question
    No negotiation partaken. Offer was more than reasonable.