Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015
1,025 Interview Reviews

Java Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I had a interview with technical lead. and it was supposed to be more technical than HR types questions. But he asked me more HR type questions. I don't know whether he was tired to asked or this is the process of interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was not such most difficult questions. But as I had interview with technical lead so I was expecting more technical questions, but he asked me more HR types questions.   View Answer

Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

On 12/22/14 I was called by a recruiter inviting me to an Interview Open House at the office in Irving Tx and I gladly accepted. I was emailed after the call with the details. On January 5th I was emailed to confirm my attendance for the interview and asked to reply stating I recieved the email. In this email I was sent the credo, accessory of the month, behavorial interviewing guide, and also how to dress for the interview. On January 8th I was sent a interview preparation checklist which included info about "before the interview" "during the interview" and also the info sent on the 5th. The day of the interview I was also given the information sent on the 5th in the 15 mins I waited for the interview to start. I first interview with someone from the HR dept. General interview questions and a role play twice for the accessory of the month, lasted 40 mins . Once I finished with her I waited for 10 mins and interviewied with the GM, lasted 20 mins. They will ask if everything on resume is up to date and valid. Recieved a call about my offer on 1/10/15. Background check is in progress.

Interview Questions
    • What stuck out to you the most after reading the credo?   Answer Question
    Salary is set.

Solutions Specialist Interview

4 week process
    Put application in online
    Got an email for a over-the-phone interview in the next 3 days.
    Received email with job description, benefits, training, a product to review and Verizon Credo
    Phone interview very easy, asked questions about my resume, if I accepted their salary and benefits and asked a couple of situational questions and a quick role play.
    Week later, got a call for face to face interview with Store Manager. Same EXACT interview as on the phone. About two weeks later another face to face interview with another store manager (just conversation). Week later got a call from the DM (conversation) then 2 weeks later heard back from HR offering me a position

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle an irritate customer and what were the results   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Indirect Distribution Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

5 star interview process, did 1 on 1 and then call with HR, Verizon Wireless does extensive background check have all your dates or hire and resignation correct. Process took a few weeks so be patient. Overall good experience and good place to work

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Initial interview is conducted through an talent acquisitions manager through the phone. Most questions are basic, and are reasonably typical: tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you resolved the problem, tell me about yourself, etc. Then they ask you to do a role play sales, generally they provide the information prior to the interview.

BSA Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The interview process was long. There was a phone interview and then there was an in person interview with a panel of 3 people. FInally there was another phone interview for review.

No Negotiation

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Verizon is a classy & stand up organization and you get a sense of that culture from the very beginning interview process. The interview is thorough and you meet with waves of managers, associate directors, HR personnel all "fired up." Some will have their interviews spread out over the course of a few days within the course of a few weeks and others like myself, will have had a day full of interviews. Within a few days, after completing your final interview, you will receive a call with an offer. Depending on the state you live in you will have to take an urinalysis which your accepted offer is contingent upon. From there, welcome to the team but come prepared to be a success as we all are.

N/a

Tech Support Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2015.

The initial communication is a email to set up a over the phone interview and then after the first interview you are scheduled to go take the test. You go through a third interview over the phone and then a 4th interview face to face with HR Reps.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a task that required you to learn a new technology from your previous employment and how did you cope with the new technology?   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiations in this case.

Government Customer Operations Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2015.

It was worth the wait. I applied online with Verizon for the Government customer operations support position. I was contacted by a lady who worked in HR to set up a phone interview on Christmas Eve. I was excited as I was looking for another job. I had the phone interview that lasted about an hour and a half. The phone interview was great. Next came the face to face interview. This interview was done a week after New Years. I was nervous about the interview at Verizon given I have never sat foot in there. I spoke with two nice ladies and ended up in conversation prior to the actual interview. The interview was done in the STAR format. It was kind of difficult trying to apply my in person work that I've done with that of a call center. I enjoyed the interview as nervous as I was. I sent a follow up email thanking the ladies for interviewing me and I enjoyed it. (I was actually nervous) Two weeks after the phone interview, I received a call from the HR guy asking me to verify my dates of prior employment. I verified this information and two days later was offered a the job contingent upon my drug test results and background check information. A week after completing my background check and taking drug test, I was given a final offer and given to start work on February 19, 2015! What a rockin' new year this has been!
    Well I am excited and looking forward to starting.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on pay, it is set in stone.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The process is different from when I came in. But, I your first interview is on the phone. (could be 2) Then you come in for testing, then a face to face. I believe the face to face could be 2 sessions as well. But, all in all is not bad. Focus on the STAR format and you should do just fine.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any difficult or unexpected questions that I got.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate but, I should have. The pay was pretty good for me starting because I wanted to get in as soon as I could.