Verizon Wireless

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015
1,006 Interview Reviews

Call Center Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Glassdoor has helped me find a job within 3 days of being unemployed. They helped with at least 20 jobs to choose from. They helped with getting the salary I was looking for as well.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was just being sure all dates were accurate.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Overall ok. Filled out app online. Got a email ti schefule interview. Waited a month for an open appointment.finally got a call they called me for interview. Asked basic questions. Hours too long and must work weekends. Not cool for my circumstances.

Interview Questions
    • What did I like most about any electronic device I owned.?   Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Overall the process was long, but worth it! I would say as long as your bilingual, you're set. In the interview they will change the questions up from english to Spanish. I first had a phone interview, and I honestly thought I blew it because I wasn't really prepared for it. I admitted to the interviewer that I was nervous and he said it was ok. Afterwards he told me to go in the next day for a test. I went in, took it, and passed it. It was 6 different sections having to do with multitasking, comprehension, and "I'd rather.." questions. Afterwards they told me to come in for a face to face interview that following Monday. I went in and met with two interviewers. They told me I would either get a call or a email within the next day or two. The next morning I got a call with the job offer. I hope this helps anyone. Good luck!

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2014.

December 1 2015 I applied online. December 2 I received an email to set up a phone interview. December 4 I had my phone interview. It lasted about a hour. She asked me basic screening questions, tell me about a time. At the end she told me I did well and invited me to do the assessment at the job site.

December 10 I went to take my assessment. It takes about 2 hours and has 7 parts. At the end I waited on my results and was told i passed and I set up my final interview for December 12 with one of the call center floor managers. The interview lasted about 1hour there were 3 parts. Basic screening questions answered in STAR format. I also had to do 3 role plays and sell my mobile device. I was prepared for that. I felt that i killed the final interview. Once it was over i was told someone would be in contact with me.

December 15 I got an email saying that I was selected as a Top Candidate and set up a time for a member of HR to call and go over the next steps. Which is the background and Drug Screen and doing prehire paper work. I set up my drug screen for the next day as it has to be completed within 48hrs of your verbal offer.

January 9 I received my official welcome and was told my background was cleared and closed. I expected it was going to take this long due to the holidays. But it is a very long process . Anyone going thru the process my advice is to prepare yourself if you're reading this you're on the right track. Reviews on here really helped me alot!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time
      Sell your mobile device
      Why do you want to work for Verizon
      What do you like about the company's Credo

Answer Question
    No Negotiation Set salary very decent

Experience Specialist Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Initial Phone interview make sure you have the credo with you and be ready to roll play. They will have you do it twice. Also be ready for a few tell me a time questions. Next interview face to face not bad if you know someone that works there. But it was easy just talked and a few more "Tell me a time" questions. If they like you they will call you an offer you the position. Salary is set they will not budge. The background check is forever long. Make sure you tell the truth about everything. The dates of employment, driving record, diplomas. I had to get my high school transcripts to prove I graduated. It is at least a month or more process from start to finish.

Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Applied online on a Sunday because walk in interviews were that Monday. Missed the walk in interviews, still got a call tuesday. Missed the call Tuesday called em back Wednesday. Scheduled the phone interview for Friday of the same week. Killed the phone interview, escalated to face-to-face interview on the following Wednesday. Wore a suit, brought resume, studied the credo, provided references. Killed the face to face interview. Waited two days got a call from the recruiter offered me the job. Verified the details on the resume. Got an email with the pre hire info. Completed it same day. Scheduled drug test for the next day which was Thursday. Completed the drug test. Now, waiting in the background check is the most stressful. It took mine 3 weeks to come back. DONT QUIT YOUR JOB UNTIL YOU GET THAT CONFIRMARION EMAIL...I got the confirmation 4 days before my training day started. Getting in is definitely the hardest part

I got an increase of 2500 a yr. Because of my sales background

Verizon Wireless Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2014.

October 29, 2014: I applied online for the Customer Specialist position ( with sign on bonus)

October 30, 2014: Received an e-mail with job information and 2 video attachments (job preview and credo) In addition to, instructions to e-mail back with available times to set up an over the phone interview.

November 4, 2014: (Still hadn't heard back) Sent an e-mail letting them know I was still interested in the job & my available times.

November 20, 2014: (Still hadn't heard back) Sent another e-mail similar to the last.

November 21, 2014: Received an e-mail from a different address asking me for my availability.

November 22, 2014: Set up an interview for November 24th at 10am

November 24, 2014: Called me to reschedule over-the-phone interview for December 1, 2014 at 1pm.

December 1, 2014: Had my over-the-phone interview. The woman asked me questions like "Why do you want to work for us?" and "Tell me about your skills" etc. Then went on to ask about my resume in detail & asked if all of my information was correct. (This is very important to have the dates almost exact, or at least the months and years) She also asked me if I had any traffic violations or any criminal activity. I sent an e-mail (to the first person who emailed me) with my driving history on it and the exact dates I started and ended working and kindly asked if she could update my application and that was that. She then asked me about each place I worked, my duties, and reasons for leaving on every single one of them. Then asked scenario questions like: "Tell me about a time you faced a challenge in the work place" "Tell me about a time you resolved a problem in the work place" and answer these questions in the STAR format. (Situation, Task, Action, and Result) After that, she may ask a few other questions and then if you have any questions for her. it's always good to ask work-related questions at the end to show interest! And ask what to expect next. She then scheduled an assessment for the following Wednesday. (2 days later) and told me to dress proffesionally.

December 3, 2014: Arrived at the call center 20 minutes early, met with someone from Human Resources who brought me to a room to take my assessment on a computer. She was very nice! The assessment consisted 7 different sections. Some were personality questions, but most of it was testing your multi-tasking, typing, and listening skills. So, there's really no way to prepare for it. Anyways, after I was finished she told me I passed and scheduled an interview for the following Friday.

December 5, 2014: Arrived 15 minutes early for my interview. She started by telling me about the company and explained during training (6 months) I wouldn't be able to take any time off. Also asked if I didn't mind sitting for long periods of time and things like that. She asked a lot of the same questions as the woman over the phone and one STAR question.Then we did a few role playing exercises where I wore a headset and had to work to find a solution to the customer's problem. (Be very enthusiastic) I think it went pretty good, but we will see. I was so scared at first but once I met one on one with my interviewer I felt fine. Just be confident, positive, and have personality!

No Negotiation, set salary

Technical Support Representative Interview

interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2014.

4 steps: first had to schedule a phone interview than passed and went to site to take the assessment if you passed you moved on, for tech support unlike CSR you have an extra phone interview with hr. The last step if you make it is a face to face with a supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • First time hiring outside the company, they stilled asked me stuff about os and I totally spaced. She said it was okay bc its normally for internal promotions. I used to work for verizon through an outsourcing place.   Answer Question
    $14.90 to start, great benefits, shift differential, more on sundays.

IT/Engineering Entry Level Oppurtunities Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2014.

The initial interview is a general screening process where they ask several behavioral questions, the second interview is a "super day" that take about 5 hours with 2 interview one technical and the other with HR. The other activities consists of a presentation and a group exercise.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview in regards to explaining things in as much detail as possible when remembering on the spot.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

There were two rounds.
    1. Phone interview, mainly checking to see if you're normal. There were few questions about why a Verizon position would interest you plus confirming job preferences IT or engineering.
    2. On site, two rounds behavioral and technical. The technical interview was pretty behavioral in nature, but involved you talking about your coding experience in more detail and what branch of Verizon they could put you in.

Interview Questions
    • For the technical interview, know where in Verizon you want to work i.e mobile development etc. Talking about accomplishments on your resume that can help you with the branch you're seeking is important to them.   Answer Question