Verizon Wireless Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
Updated Aug 24, 2014
852 interviews

Entry Level User Experience Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2013.

I applied online and the process took 4 months. I got an email about a month after I submitted my application containing a link to an online questionnaire. It consisted of four questions, most of them about my GPA. About a week later I had a phone screener (very basic questions such as, Why do you want to work for Verizon?). About a month after that I got an email from one of the department higher-ups about setting up a phone interview, which we scheduled for the following day. It was very informational and he only asked me a few questions (e.g. What design programs are you familiar with?). He asked me to send him a link to my online portfolio so he could see some of my projects. He said if my portfolio looked good I would be contacted by HR for a more formal interview with him. I got an email from HR about a week later to set up the formal interview. It was done remotely using a webcam and lasted one hour. It was pretty formal with not much discussion involved. The interview had a specific set of questions that he could choose from to ask me. Sometimes he was take a minute to think about which one to ask. The questions were all expected, with nothing from left field. When the interview was over he said I would be contacted by HR. I got an email from HR about a week later to set up another interview with an HR person. We set that up for the following day. It was mostly informational and very basic. She asked me maybe two questions and the rest of the time we just talked about logistics like which location I would be working at. She said I'd be contacted within a few days of their decision. They actually didn't contact me for about a week. This normally wouldn't be a problem, except I was interviewing with another company as well, and I was waiting on Verizon's decision because I really wanted the job. Needless to say, it was one of the most stressful weeks of my life, between holding off the other company which, by this time, had offered me a job and waiting for Verizon to get back to me. Overall, the process was good and everyone was extremely professional.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of any specific questions, but most of them were behavioral (things along the lines of: how you've handled group projects in the past, your project management style, etc.).   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

There were 3 Interviews in all. 2 Over the phone 1 face-to-face. I applied online. I received an email 4 days later requesting a Phone Interview with an HR person. This interview consisted of question such as "tell me about a time when." There was also a small role play that was based on information sent prior to the first interview. The second interview consisted only of behavioral based questions.. such as "remember a time when." After the 2nd interview I was contacted by the district manager to schedule my third interview which was face-to -face. This interviewer was very personable and asked questions about e as well as behavioral based questions. There was also a role play where the district manager acted as if he was a customer. His main objective was to see how i interacted with the customer and if i could "sale.' I was given great feed back from him, and was told i would here back from an HR representative with in 7 days. I was contacted by email first asking for a date that was best to contact me then on that date I received a phone call that informed me of my employment offer.

Interview Questions
    • What set you aside and makes you different from other candidates?   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative - Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2010.

They really just ask for you to give examples of your past customer service interactions with difficult to understand of deal with people. They are testing your skills in being likeable and conversing with others. Just be yourself and as long as you are not totally inept you will most likely get the job.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation possible.

TELESALES Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2013.

A quick but grueling process, first must complete a phone interview than a panel before finally receiving and answer. Once hired there is a three week training processes in which to test your sales ability.

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2012.

Verizon wireless is extremely selective with their candidates for the Retail Leadership Development Program. Many of the people selected had well above a 3.0 gpa, global experience, work experience AND leadership experience.

If you are looking into switching channels such as marketing or hr, this is not the position for you!

In regards to the interview experience expect a few phone interviews and one final in-person interview with a store manager. Most of the interview process consists of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do If you were working with a customer and their child were acting up.   Answer Question
    No negotiation... salary was either take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee  in  Wichita Falls, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Standard questions asked looking for your sales abilities and accomplishments. The interviewer asked open ended questions and he took notes. I was asked to sell him a headset. I was given the specs for a particular device and was asked to sell it the next day during the second interview.

Interview Questions

Received a better offer from another company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

It took me close to three weeks before being asked for the job out in Dublin Ohio. The reviews below are about the same as i went through:

(First week) First step was the phone screening which lasted 45 minutes (Tuesday). i get nervous regardless that i passed it and drenched my t-shirt lol. It was simple questions about your employment history, benefits that come with working at Verizon, can you work any type of hours, why you want to work here type of questions. I could can tell the phone interviewer was very 'scripted' as he was robotic sounding over the phone. Working in another call center myself, i can understand that we have guidelines of how professional we must be but, there was zero emotion in his tone. Very strict and i didn't want to lose an opportunity trying to 'loosen' him up.

(First week) After the phone screening, i was immediately asked to come up to the office to do an assessment same day. I was unable to therefore, it got scheduled two days later (Thursday). The Assessment was 7 parts which challenges you to focus, listen, read, and choosing the correct answer in the allotted time. I had two challenges with one being the listening part, containing 3 dialogues and selecting the best/moderate/worst answer. You may like answer 'A' and go with best choice, then when you listen to 'B', you may have a change of heart. This held me up for a bit and i didn't get a chance to completely finish the last one in time. The other one was multitasking which involved matching numbers while listening to a phone call and transferring that call to an available agent. I thought it would be fairly simple until you listen to the call, then as soon as you try to transfer it to the correct rep, they go unavailable haha. So i played with the numbers part until they went available and continued to do my best. It took me roughly 70-80 mins to complete. I passed and was asked if i wanted to do the in-person interview. I once again had to ask for a different date and was given next week.

(Second week) Verizon called me and asked if they could get me in earlier. I accepted to come in earlier. The in-person was basic knowledge of yours skills for the job, employment history, STAR questions, and listening to phone calls then asking a few questions on what you would have done better or if the rep went above the beyond sort of thing. I had a tiny bit of trouble keeping focus because I had my interview within the Supervisors cubicle. To the left, i could hear another Supervisor conducting an interview with somebody else, then behind me, there was a rep taking calls. I felt the interview went great. I was physically and mentally prepared for i wanted to take a big step forward career wise.

(Second week) I was told on the same week (Friday) that they wanted to offer me the job. Alright!!! Now i'm currently in the process of having the employment background/criminal check done. You have 48 hours to complete a drug test. They will e-mail you all of this information on who to call, and setting up your account.

(Third week) I received a phone call from there third party company 'Acheck' to provide some information. I submitted my drug text within this week and am now just awaiting for everything to clear. Since fourth of July is this week, i'm unsure if it will finish before this week or if i have to wait till next week. Either way, i'm pretty confident everything will be okay. Start date will be July 14th.

I felt a sense of pride when offered the job. You really believe you deserved it for not just anybody can pass an assessment/interview. I am excited and ready to work for Verizon.

Interview Questions
    Zero negotiation. They tell you what the salary base is going to be. Its even posted on the job posting.

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Initial contact was precise and in a timely manner. I took the first round interview over the phone since I was moving and trying to get a new Verizon job in a new city. The second interview was to be with a manager I the store directly. This is where the problem started. The recruiter did not contact me with adequate time. Instead it was any weeks later. At that time I had already established a new position. I could not stand just "waiting" around when they made me feel so confident about the new position, since I had previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • "I am a non tech savvy customer. Sell me this accessory..."   Answer Question

I had already moved on. They did however tell me they would keep me in mind and asked if I could do the same.

Data Analyst - Messaging Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2012.

Phone Interview - One on one interview with direct report. Fairly easy interview. Discussing back ground and future goals. Asked common interview questions and tried to determine if I would be a good fit for the company.

In person interview: Met with the Associate Director and Direct report. Very tough interview. Lasted about an hour. Asked tough questions and were very technical.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what my process would be to reach a resolution for an unrelated problem. This required me to think on the spot and I was unable to prepare for this.   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

Process took 4 weeks and 1 day.

May 5, 2014 - I applied online.
    May 6, 2014 - I received an email from a Verizon Wireless Recruiter stating that he wanted to schedule a phone interview.
    May 8, 2014 (9:30am) - My scheduled phone interview. Lasted 30 minutes. My interview was with another person. A lady this time. Basic questions about your previous employment. Why you left those jobs and why you are pursuing a career at Verizon. She asked about the Credo. Make sure you state basically what you liked about their Credo. She asked a few behavioral questions but nothing hard at all. Answer the questions in STAR format. After the interview she wanted me to proceed to the next step. The next step was the assessment. She emailed me over the location and additional information I would need.
    May 13, 2013 - I went to the Verizon location and took the assessment. It took roughly 2 and a half hours. The assessment was 7 parts. Cant really remember the parts but its a lot of instructions on each part so you really have to be focused and concentrate. You can over think something that could all be so simple. It really a mixture of typing, multitasking, following instructions, and listening. After the assessment you go into the HR room and they let you know right then if you passed or failed. I passed YAYY ME!!!. So the first recruiter let me know that someone would be calling me to schedule the second interview. Later that day someone did call and scheduled me an interview for that Friday.
    May 16, 2014 - My second phone interview. Lasted 45 minutes. This interview was much like the first. This time is was a third person. Another lady. She asked about the resume. She asked behavioral questions but they were a little more in depth and she asked a little more questions. After the interview she told me that I advanced to the next step which was a face to face interview. She informed me that someone would be calling to set up that interview as well. Another person called. (So many different people throughout the process but they were all nice). She scheduled me a time and location to come in and interview with her.
    May 19, 2014 (13:30pm) - Arrived on the site and had the interview. It lasted an hour. The interview was three parts. First part was basic questions about my ability to work, the position, and basic small talk. The second part was behavioral questions. The third part was you listening to sample phone calls from customers and analyze them and she asked about three or four questions after each recording, That part was a little difficult for me but I felt it went well.
    May 20, 2014 - I received a phone call with the Customer Specialist job offer contingent upon the passing of a drug test and background check. She informed me on everything. I had to go and get a paper to write it all down. This different lady which I the final lady I would be dealing with sent me an email stating that I needed to do a drug test and consent to a background check. Took the drug test the next day. The background check
    took forever. Much like most I heard.
    June 3, 2014 - I received a call stating that everything was received and cleared.
    June 16, 2014 - START DATE!!!. Super excited.

Best interview process ever. I felt like I actually earned the job, Have a great advancement program I discussed with all of the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult to me was in the face to face interview having to answer the questions to the recording.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Offer was set before your initial first phone interview. Reasonable offer I think.