Verizon Wireless

833 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – The hiring process is long and with several people as most companies, the company is very hard to get into for call center positions but if you speak well and have great communication skills you will have no trouble getting into the company.

Interview Question – The standard "how did you handle the time when you?" is the main question, the company wants to know that you can handle difficult customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase, the salary is standard when I was hired.

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Senior Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – interview process is good. the background check, credit check, past work experience check is worse than a government or federal job. Need w2's or 1099 forms for past 7 years and if your resume is off more than a month on any job then they will no longer consider you

Interview Question – Name a time when you went above and beyond the duties of your job and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Retail Store Manager Interview

Retail Store Manager

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – I went through numerous interviews with different people from the HR department and from Retail Channel. A lot of redundant questions from multiple people. I went through 5 or 6 interviews all together.

Interview Question – There are many questions that they choose from. They follow STAR   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations for salary. They will pay you like a first time manager if you are a first time manager with Verizon regardless of previous experience.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Kennewick, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details – Inititail job application found thru Indeed.com, about 2 days later I received an assessment to complete which covered a series of questions and situations multiple choice regarding personality, integrity and honesty. Than about 3 weeks later I received an email to schedule a phone interview, I scheduled the interview and went thru my job history in detail and gave my highlighted areas and weaknesses and areas of interest. I was asked to finish our phone interview after about 40minutes to role play. I have been anticipating this.

Interview Question – What was my least favorite thing at my last job and why.   View Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2011.

Interview Details – Initial Interviews were fairly decent - I had one call from the recruiter who then set me up with a corporate interviewer who interviewed me. Once that was complete, I was interviewed at the store location by a manager. I was offered the job the same day. The interviews were about an hour long each and went through a series of questions including how the job should be performed. The hiring process itself took quite a while and was very thorough. VZW reviews everything!

Interview Question – How do you balance your work life and personal life? What is your philosophy behind your job being a top priority?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Wilmington, NC

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details – My hiring process began on June 12th 2014. I had my initial interview and tour after being invited to an open house two days prior. I was passed to the next stage and scheduled to take the assessment the next morning.

The assessment wasn't difficult for me and I completed it first out of the room full of applicants. I was taken into the hall and informed that I passed. Then told that instead of a phone interview, that I would have an in person interview right then. It was with the same HR person as my initial interview. I passed that one and schedule my third final interview for Saturday morning.

The final interview was with a customer service supervisor. The interview was several parts. Some background info, "why do you wanna work for verizon?", etc. Then a few sample calls to critique.

Monday June 16th I received my call and offer. I accepted and begin training on June 24th once my background and drug test come through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Set salary of $28k/year

Solutions Specialist Interview

Solutions Specialist
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

Interview Details – so i applied online in March 14th. Took the assessment given and didn't receive any feedback from a recruiter for almost 2 months. Finally towards the last week of May i received an email from a recruiter being invited for a Blitz Interview in the first week of June. Blitz Interview consists of many interviewees meeting in one place to be interviewed by 3-4 HR's, for instance our was held in the lobby of a luxurious hotel in Downtown San Diego. It is the first blitz interview they've done in years. Overall i think it was a great experience and way better than other methods of interviews people do today. One of the biggest concerns you will have to deal with here is patience. If patience is not your key thing try contacting your recruiter for other options. I was scheduled for an interview appointment on June 3rd at 10 am. When i got there i saw there was a whole bunch of other interviewees waiting for there turn. I myself am a very patient guy so i had all the time in the world because a job opportunity with Verizon is something you definitely don't want to miss out on. Hours passed i was interviewed until 1 pm, the good thing is they offer delicious snacks and drinks while you wait your turn so it wasn't too bad in my opinion. During the waiting process i noticed out of everyone (20 interviewees) before me who went in for there interview i noticed only 4-5 came back into the waiting room who were waiting for special directions on there next immediate interview with the district managers. I wasn't surprised. Only those that show enthusiasm and perform well during the interview deserve to work for a great company like Verizon who in return gives back to the customers Powerful Answers. During my interview i was asked questions i'm sure everyone has heard of like "why do you want to work for Verizon?" or "what makes you stand out above the rest?" basically implying what makes you the perfect candidate to work for this amazing company.? if this company were to invest in you, what can you offer in exchange while working here?. Make sure your answers come out from the heart don't just make up answers to make yourself look convincing. HR pays close attention to all gestures and answers and chooses really hard to see who moves up to the next step and who doesn't. After carefully answering all the questions to the best of ability that they were all 100% accurate and correct we moved along to some role play. You are given a sheet online on what Verizon expects of those who really want to become apart of something big to study for. Study it really good until you've mastered it. Learn as much about it and practice offering and selling it to your friends and family. You will be asked to sell to a techie and a non-techie customer. Remember here at Verizon we give Powerful Answers. After our interview, I was approved of being moved on towards the next step the hiring process by immediately going to a final interview with the district manager. I was sent on to a corporate store and this is were things really go down. Thorough interview more in detail with the DM and 2 store managers. Your strengths and knowledge will be tested so be ready. Again don't forget to be enthusiastic about being there, show you want to be there and smile. The interview takes anywhere from 30 mins to an hour. They will ask you a few questions but be very detailed and specific. They will use it against you when they take you out to the front of the store and ask you to sell them an item, so be aware of this. After that they will give you a sheet with 3-role play example with customers in which you will have to determine what to sell to these customers. Be very techie and ready to explain why you chose these answers. Sometimes these questions will have nothing explained or give any suggestion on what to to sell this customer. You have to use your knowledge as if you where a Solutions Specialist working for Verizon already. I was only a few mins to answer these questions and trust me they are somewhat difficult if your the person who has no clue on solutions. Remember Verizon is always about Powerful Answers. Once completed i was told by the SM that i will be contacted within a few weeks they decided to move along with me in the process. When he told me this I was feeling down inside with the idea that i probably didn't do a great job on the role-play. Three days later i received and email from my HR congratulating me on passing the interviews and that shortly after i would here from another HR to discuss the next step. Two days later i was called by an HR with a job offer given to me at Verizon Wireless a great honor indeed. It is a contingent offer to be given upon completion of your background check and drug screening. I submitted everything quickly and correctly as follows the same day i was given the offer. I am now ready to start for Verizon on June 26th Whoop Whoop!!!

Interview Question – None where hard but this was a pretty good question to focus on when answering this to the district manager.
"Where do you see yourself working 5 years from now"
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offered a reasonable price, Negotiated all my benefits pretty happy actually way better than what i made at any of my previous jobs.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Solutions Specialist
Brooksville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details – Emailed by a member of HR staff stating that they wanted to schedule a time to conduct a preliminary phone interview. After the first interview (which went well) I was given the green light to proceed for a second interview.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you had to meet a sales objective for a particular time frame. (this was tricky because I've had retail experience, but not actual "sales" experience like in a commission based environment)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process took 10 days. I applied on 6/1. The next day I got an email from a recruiter inviting me to interview during their open interview days. I did my first interview on 6/5 with an hr representative. Afterwards, he invited me to take an assessment, which took about 50 minutes to complete. I was notified that I passed my assessment, and was asked to come for a second interview on 6/10. My second interview was conducted by two supervisors, and they asked STAR type questions. Afterwards, I was asked to stay for a third interview with the associate director and I was asked similar questions. She then gave me a tour of the call center and told me someone from hr would call me later today. She didn't say if I had the job or not. About 2 hours later, an hr rep called and gave me another mini interview which basically asked why I felt I was a good fit for the company and if I was capable of handling working in a call center. He then gave me a conditional job offer and gave me the information I would need for the background and drug tests. I start on 6/16!

Interview Question – Basic star interview questions based on passed experience. Be as specific in direct as possible in your interview. I was really nervous during my second interview. Afterwards, one of the supervisors gave me pointers on how to handle the third interview. Just be confident in your answers and you will do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. They offered more than what I was expecting.

Associate Network Technician Interview

Associate Network Technician

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – Went through one interview with two hiring managers. Some of the questions they asked was " How did you resolve a problem at your last place of employment?" and " What kind of activities were you involved in school and how would you apply those skills to our workplace?"

Interview Question – Say a problem occurred and you had two different managers you reported to who had different managing styles. What would you tell your managers and how would you resolve the problem?   Answer Question