Verizon Wireless

Updated Dec 16, 2014

Computer Science Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

Met with two very nice employees in the engineering field who conducted the interview. Pretty standard questions, but easy going. Seems like a place where they value team dynamics more than technical skills, which I thought was a plus. Come prepared with details of situations where you've worked in teams and the process you go through when completing a project.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

The interview process was great, I applied online on a Friday. By the Sunday after I received a email inviting me to a open house hiring event for the Tuesday after. I scheduled for 10am, my first interview was held by a human resource worker which went well so I was moved to the next phase which was the assessment. The assessment was pretty easy it had 7 parts. It tested your personality, you have to chose different ways to respond to mock calls, you also tested on how fast you could type which was basically typing short sentences. For example while wearing headphones you typed what is being said that part was 15 sentences in 5 min. You had to then type the sentences you see on the screen while being timed. I remember taking mock calls and directing the calls to the correct department while watching numbers at the same time this part was testing your multi tasking skills. For the numbers you had to select whether they were the same number or different while directing the calls. Once your dine taking the assessment you are brought out in the hallway and told whether or not passed. I did and I was asked if I wanted to schedule my second interview or stay for I chose to stay. This interview was conducted by one of the call center supervisors. She asked the same questions as human resources, why do I want to work here? We then did three different scenarios of role playing calls, I had to sell her a upgraded plan and my cell phone ( she let me choose what I wanted to sell and she provided me with the different plans so I had the information in order to sell it to her). This process for the entire day took several hours from 10am to 1:30pm. It was worth it because by 4:15 om the same day I received a email asking if I was available for a follow up call for the next day at 1:30pm. I replied yes and that is when I was offered the job contingent upon passing a drug screen and background check. Make sure to know Verizon credo because you will be asked about it.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations you are offered the base salary which was good and the benefits are awesome they start on your first day of work.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massapequa, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massapequa, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

I attended an open interview day, almost four hours long;; I interviewed with a Solution Specialist (who was transitioning to Human Resources). The interview is in STAR format, most question are based on situations, actions taken and the results. Afterwards, I was told I would receive a phone interview the next day. During the phone interview, there were more STAR format questions and verifying information provided on the application. The third phone interview was more of a summary, making sure all information provided was accurate. I was offered the job via phone and accepted the offer. The drug test immediately followed and then they do an extensive background check (BE HONEST). Once you are sure that nothing negative will interfere, you have the job. I was invited to orientation a week from the phone call with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this tablet, where is the camera, how do I use it. What is Google Play?   View Answer
    I did not try to negotiate, I needed the job as it was. I know that the overtime & commission during the holidays will pay off.

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

I had applied several times online with no contact until the last time which took a couple of weeks to receive an email for a phone interview. The email included days and times available for the interview for the following week which i chose Wednesday at noon (10/15). The phone interview went smoothly, it was about an hour and 30 mins long with basic questions about my job history, detailed information about the job available and progression available within the company, and a few questions about my job performance and the credo they sent me along with the email.

After that was finished I was told I passed and would get to move on to the next step which is the assessment test at the local call center for which i scheduled the following week on Monday at 2pm (10/20). The test is 7 parts about multitasking, typing and listening, and logic. After the test was completed, i stepped into the hall where i was told i passed and scheduled the in face interview for the following day at 4pm (10/21).

The interview had questions about why i wanted to work there, job experience relevent to this job, 2 STAR questions, and lots of roleplaying. The roleplaying was to sell a piece of technology i use on a daily basis, and some phones/plans information that was provided during the interview. The interview was about an hour long and went great. The gentleman interviewing me was very friendly and nice and at the end of the interview told me i was exactly what they were looking for in a candidate and that I did great. He told me to expect a phone call within 7 to 10 business days to tell me if i was going to get the job offer.

Right now im waiting for the phone call but i expect to hear good news.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a specific time when you handled an unusual problem with a customer and how it went.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist- Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied on a Friday. I was contacted about a week later by email requesting me to call a hiring director of still interested in the position. I did a prescreening call, a phone interview-2 days later-,and a ftf interview -2 days later-. My final interview was on a Friday and I was told I would be notified within a week on whether or not I would get the job offer. I was notified the following Tuesday-2 days later. I was offered the job contingent upon my background check and drug test. The phone interviews were pretty easy. Background info and situational questions were asked. They love the STAR format so make sure you know how to properly answer questions. The ftf interview was much harder. There were about 5 role play situation... I personally hate role playing... I did horrible on the role play but great on the other part. I start Nov 17...

Interview Questions
    • Pick an item... cell phone or tablet and sell it to me   View Answer
    No negotiating at all

IT Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

Started with an initial screening interview at the GHC conference. Then went to the Basking Ridge location for a super day. Had a business interview and HR interview and a group exercise. HR interview was typical and easy. Business interview was with two Verizon IT people and was also easy. All interviewers were incredibly nice and wanted more of a conversation than anything. Business interview was not very technical in terms of actual coding/skills.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

Very basic interview over the phone, asked question about the materials sent to your email( can't stress enough that you NEED to review over the materials) Role play was involved in order to see if you knew how to sell their item they chose.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

I was contacted from an HR recruiter who had found my resume on Indeed and was asked to fill out an online application for the position and to contact him to schedule a phone interview if I was interested. The phone interview lasted about an hour with general interview questions and then I scheduled an assessment that you take at the employment location. The test is broken up into 7 sections that are all taken online. It consists of basic typing, multi-tasking, listening to telephone calls and a few other things, if you are good with computers and have common sense then you will pass it. I was then scheduled for a face to face interview 2 days later in which I totally bombed. The two men interviewing me seemed really irritated, probably had to do with the fact they they were wearing Giants clothing and the World Series was on. They asked me a few questions about why I wanted to work for Verizon and my current responsibilities with the job I have now. The rest of the interview consisted of mock telephone calls. One I had to sell them my iPhone 5s, the other a customer was unhappy about how expensive his bill was, the other a family wanted all new smart phones and a few others. I suggest you really take the time to prepare for how you are going to answer the questions, I did not and it was terrible. After the interview I knew I knew I was not going to be offered the position and was emailed 10 days later confirming.

Interview Questions
    • I was completely unprepared for the face to face because I only expected 1 "sell me this..." situation and it was 30 minutes of those types of questions. I was thrown off guard because I guess I really didn't think about the sales aspect of the job, only the customer support.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

I applied online, got emailed the next day that said I was selected as a candidate. Cool. They sent pdf's of the job description, a checklist you must fill out and resend to the HR, and then a flyer of their most recent deal of the month. Emailed the info they wanted then was asked to set up a phone interview. Got the phone interview almost a week later. They ask about you work history and if you have ever been on commission, then they ask you what you think of verizon, why you want to work there, what does verizon mean to you? Then you role play using the pdf of the deal of the month. I feel as that was easy and feel I nailed it. Then they ask you again about your work experience, kinda got the feeling they are paranoid that you may be lying about your work experience. They keep asking you about where you worked and the dates and if you are chosen for the next step, can you provide pay stubs of the companies you worked for. At the end of the day they said they would call within the next week for a possible in person interview. They also said i did well with selling the product, which made me feel I had this in the bag. Well I didn't. I emailed the HR and called her office and left a message stating i was still very interested in joining the team. A few days later I got an email saying that i didn't meet the criteria they work looking for. Talk about be led on.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Simple questions that you should know because they only ask you about yourself. Read the Pdf's they send you and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

Filled out an online application and was contacted within 2 days to schedule a phone interview. (which was pretty standard questions) Asked about my resume, and why I wanted to work for Verizon.
    Lady interviewer was very cordial but straight to the point. Definitely review all material they send you in the email!

Interview Questions
    no negotiating, salary is pretty set in stone