Verizon Wireless

3.2

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales/Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

I was invited via email for an interview on Tuesday March 12 at a specific time and asked to respond with my full name and time I would come for the interview. I responded as asked stating that I would come at the originally stated time. I received a response back stating "We are pretty for the morning, please come at . . ." The new time was a half hour after the original time. I realized then that the person emailing me didn't proofread either email she had sent and that there was most likely information left out of the original email such as; this was a job fair I was being invited to, there were many interviewees invited at the same time, interviews were given on a first come first served basis, parking fees would not be paid and were $12 for up to 2 hours. When I arrived there were approximately 15 people waiting, I checked in and was informed that they were running a little behind, but more interviewers would be arriving shortly. It seamed to be about an hour before any of the people before me were called. After 2 hours I inquired how much longer it would be, and was told maybe another hour. I then asked for a phone interview to be arranged as I had to leave. I am still waiting to be contacted regarding the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I applied online and was contacted via phone to come in for an in person interview. When I arrived I took a test with a group of about 4 other people on a computer. It was a skills and personality test. After I completed this test I waited in the lobby for a few minutes and was then called in to interview 1:1 with a recruiter and a customer service supervisor. I was given a tentative offer on the spot, and received an official job offer over the phone the following day.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was answering about hypothetical customer service situations and how I would solve them. I was also asked to describe an experience I had in the past with a negative customer interaction, and what I was able to do in order to turn the interaction into a positive one.   View Answer
    I didn't know enough to negotiate - I was fresh out of college and this was my first 'real' job. They base initial salary off of experience + education, so I'd recommend negotiating and emphasizing your relevant skills. They likely won't negotiate on things like sick leave, vacation time, etc. as I believe it's standardized company-wide for each position and years with the company.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I had a phone interview and answered almost all of their technical questions very easily. At times I thought to myself, “did he really just ask that question?” Following the end of the interview, I get a time frame for a decision. However, after the hiring manager’s promised deadline passed, I am confronted with complete silence and all of my attempts to contact them are ignored.

I definitely would not recommend this specific location of Verizon Wireless to others after experiencing how rude and disrespectful the hiring managers are to their applicants. How you’re treated after the interview could be indicative of how you’d be managed once on the job. This kind of treatment gives the whole company a bad reputation in my eyes, even if it is only specific to this location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2012.

Process was quick and easy. I applied on 11/7 had a phone screen on 11/15 was told immediately I passed. Was scheduled for my assessment on 11/17 the assessment was easy a combination of logic and common sense. Once the assessment was over I was scheduled for another phone interview on 11/19 once again was told immediately I passed and was scheduled for a face to face on 11/20. Once my face to face was over I was told I would be hearing something within 5 business days on 11/26 I received a phone call with a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2012.

Severak interviews first come two over the phone interview also basic questions such as what is your strongest and weakest strengths and what type I'd phones and applications are you familiar with then you get invited to an intensive typing and questionable test. And two face to face interviews be prepared for at least a one hour interview filled with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your coworker and how did you del with the situation?   View Answer
    • Give us an example of how you would sell a product   View Answer
    No negotiation great package!

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

horrible, its all star format...and you must know someone to get the job

Interview Questions
    • THey try to trick you by asking some negative and you are supposet to spin it into a possitve experience   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2012.

I applied on their website which I found out they were hiring through indeed or monster. After that, it took between 1 month and 1.5 months before they contacted me for an interview. I went through 3 interviews. The first interview started with technical questions from a senior developer. The questions involved stuff from Databases terms, like inner joins and outer joins, PHP, CSS, HTML. The intern position was to help with a web application. After that was done.

The second interview, I was contacted by the manager of the project. He asked questions
    that help him learn about my character, work ethic and to figure out if i will fit with the team.

After that I was contacted by an HR person where I was interviewed and then notified that they wanted to hire me.

Each interview lasted more than 30 minutes and no longer than 75 minutes.

Overall, it was a great process and they were very professional and great to talk too. I took to long to accept the offer because I had other offers and were waiting before I decided, so they rescinded their offer after 6 days. ( a bit short but whatever, I have options)

Note: I asked the HR lady why I was not interviewed in person and she seemed confused for a bit and asked me a second time if I was really not interviewed in person at all? I said yes and she said well the manager was probably out of state or very busy.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2012.

Initial phone interview with HR recruiter. Asked basic questions regarding educational background, goals, ambition, what sort of work I was looking for and whether I would be up for relocation in the future if a full time job opened up in abother city. The 1:1 interview took place in Irvine, CA. They asked me behavioral questions such as projects I had completed or led, research, skills pertinent to back end network issues. Overall an average experience.

Engineering Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2011.

Applied to the position through the school website and received a phone interview within a few weeks after applying. 3 weeks after the phone interview I had a 2:1 interview at my schools campus. The interview was pretty straight forward and was mainly behavioral and situation based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Please come up with a new market that Verizon can tap into.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

I received an email asking me to review the job descriptions and if i was still interested to call for a phone interview. I called, set up an interview for today at 5pm. I got the call, was asked a couple of questions of my work experience. I was told she had a handful of interviews left and was going to choose the top candidates. From what I have read everyone has been getting their assessment dates told on the spot... Should I be worried? :/

Interview Questions
    • Since you have a relative working for verizon, you will not be able to work under him and you would not be able to promote to work beside him, is that a problem?   View Answer