Verizon Wireless

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Customer Support Specialist
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

Interview Details – This is for a call center position. I applied online on a Tuesday and got an email the next day for a phone interview. Phone interview was Thursday. I was asked questions like why I want to work for Verizon and name a time when you had to .......and how did you handle it. At the end of the interview the guy invited me to take the test. I took the test that Friday. The test had a typing section and example calls. Just try to be quick. At the end of the test I was told I passed and that I would get a call to schedule me for a phone interview. I actually got an email back a few hours later for an interview and I had the phone interview on Monday. The second phone interview was about 45 minutes and the whole interview was basically name a time when you were in a certain situation and how you handle it. My advice is think about all the possible question before your interview. If you never been in the situation you better come up with something. Don't say you never been in the situation. After the phone interview I was invited in for the last interview that Tuesday. It was in person. This interview was the easiest in my opinion. I was asked a few of the name a time situation questions. I also listened to a few real calls and asked did the person handle the call corrected and how would I have handled it. The interview was maybe 45 minutes. At the end of the interview she said she would give her notes to the supervisor and start the background check. I did my drug test the next day. The background check is very thorough. They couldn't get in touch with my current employer or high school. I was asked to send a copy of a high school transcript or diploma and last paycheck stub. I submitted everything and got a call and welcome email yesterday saying I got the job, my benefits and expected start date. Everything took about 2 weeks. By far this is the most intense application process I have gone through. I believe they make it intense to make sure you can handle the calls.

Interview Question – Tell me about a change in policy at a past job you didn't agree with. How did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2013.

Interview Details – After applying you will get a phone call to go into the store for an interview. If you did well expect two phone interviews to follow. In my experience, the phone interviews were the most difficult. They will criticize you and and put you under stress to make sure you can handle unruly customers. Do not take it personally, everyone in my training class (15 people) said the same. If you are chosen they will then have you perform drug testing and perform the background check. After everything is cleared they will extend the offer and send you to training.

Interview Question – None, as long you practice standard interview questions on your own.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate your pay. DO NOT ACCEPT THEIR FIRST OFFER. Sadly I learned this after I started working.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – 3 Phone Interviews with 2 differing recruiters and a face to face with the store managers that were hiring me.

Interview Question – Show me how you would sell this phone to a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation..it was 2011 and the job market was terrible,

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Management Trainer and Coach Interview

Program Management Trainer and Coach
Little Rock, AR

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2012.

Interview Details – Contract obtained through external staffing firm working with Vendor Management company and internal Human Relations Department, three initial staff phone interviews, follow up by interview with hiring manager, final discussion with team member in a similar role to address specific approach and role limitation issues

Interview Question – How experience would contibute to the loosly defined job description   View Answer

Negotiation Details – All contract terms were identified before the initial interviews - no opportunity for negotiation, completion of on-boarding was quick once selection was complete

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Little Rock, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2012.

Interview Details – process was easy and interview was easy

Interview Question – name a time when you had to tell a customer there was something you could not do?   Answer Question

Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had an intial phone interview, then I was scheduled for an computer assessment, then I had another phone interview, and then I was called back for another interview with a CSR manager.

Interview Question – The did not ask any really difficult questions.   Answer Question

Little Rock, AR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2011.

Interview Details – 1) Applied online with an employee referral.
2) Received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview.
3) After phone interview, scheduled a time to take skills test.
4) After skills test, scheduled a time for do face-to-face HR interview.
5) After HR interview, scheduled a time for supervisor interview.
6) After supervisor interview, they were extremely vague about their decision.

This was my first experience with the corporate interview process. While others say it is easy, I was extremely stressed out from Verizon's lack of communication in the process. From reading other reviews on this forum, I can confirm that if Verizon doesn't inform you of the next step in the hiring process right then and there, you can assume you're off the grid.

During the process, HR was extremely difficult to reach and over 80% of the time didn't return my e-mails/calls.

Verizon has a nasty habit of not giving you a straight answer when asking for feedback. I went through the hiring process twice (and even made it to the last step each time), and was told vague responses like "you weren't specific enough in your examples," or "your thoughts weren't organized." I call BS on both of these, because there's no way I would have made it to the last step BOTH TIMES, if someone didn't believe there was potential.

I know from a friend that works at Verizon that it's a nice place to work, which is why I tried twice (and might even try again in the future). I'm hoping that my experience will be different at a different call center...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't agree with what management was doing.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

IT Security Interview

IT Security
Little Rock, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2012.

Interview Details – Handed my resume at a career fair. Received a call back from the general hiring manager who connected me with the head of IT Security. Brief phone interview with him lead to my offer letter.

Interview Question – Asked about security and tcp protocol.   Answer Question

Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the job online on March 20,2011 and I got an email on May9,2011 with the job description and company Credo.The email was asking was I still interested in the job and if I was.Choose a date a time that I wanted to take the assessment at 1 Allied Drive in Little Rock,Arkansas.I accepted to take the assessment and I will take it on May24,2011 at 1pm.I wanted to know what are the other steps in the hiring process for this cal center in LittleRock,Ark.Is there an Acheck as well.

Negotiation Details – Salary is already stated and it is final

Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2011.

Interview Details – It started with me receiving an email telling me to schedule my first phone interview. I did, it was basically just going over things I put on my application along with a few generic interview questions. After that, I had another phone interview where they asked me examples of how I had or would handle certain scenarios. After that I was scheduled for an assessment. The Monday after the Friday of my assessment, I was called and informed that I passed the assessment and was scheduled for my final interview. I went in and after a few questions I had to listen to a few actual recorded calls and critique them or say what they did well. After that, I was asked if I had time to meet with the supervisor of the person who was interviewing me. I, of course, did. Pretty much the same questions again. I want to say it was the very next business day on which they called and offered me the job.

My experience was very positive and has remained positive through my first bit of training. Everyone we've met has seemed to love working there. I don't think that many people could so convincingly fake it. And there are tons of benefits aside from medical. It really does feel like they want you to be happy in your job and life in general. Granted my only experience is in training so far, but from what I see, it is up to you how well you do and how happy you'll be.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate. I'm pretty sure they are pretty standard on the starting salary.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless interview questions and advice in Little Rock, AR. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.