Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Little Rock, AR

Updated Jun 18, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied around June 1st through the Verizon Website. After a day or two I received an email saying the looked over my application and invited me to take the online assessment VERY BASIC common sense questions. After I passed that (which I found out the same day through email), I was asked to schedule my pre screen phone interview. Most reviews I read people did the phone interview first then the assessment so why mine was backwards I don't know, but it was. The phone call only took about 30 minutes, it was very laid back. They were easy to talk to and asked very straight forward questions. I was told before ending the conversation that someone would contact me about a face to face interview, which was later on that day. The face to face interview wasn't too bad. It was me and one supervisor. Same basic questions. They explained the position details and showed me around a little. We did a role playing section, which wasn't exactly hard but it was awkward and made you feel like everything you say is wrong. Not because they made you feel you were wrong but that you are caught off guard & arent %100 on what your allowed to say, if that makes any sense. Be able to think on your toes for sure! It was pretty easy as long as you remain confident, calm, & clear minded. I was told If chosen I would receive a call in 7-10 days, possibly an email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week later asking to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled a phone interview that following week. During the phone interview he asked basic interview questions and outline the job description, hours, and pay. After the phone interview he sent me an email to take an assessment which was 7 parts and took about an hour and a half. Upon completion of my assessment I was notified a couple of days later stating that I had passed and scheduled a face to face interview. Face to face interview was slightly difficult due to the role playing but it wasn't too hard. The interviewer played different roles of a difficult customer. After the interview I was called a couple of days later saying that they want to offer me the job. He sent information for a drug screening and background check which is was completed in about a week. After everything was cleared, the began to send new hire checklist information and the date of my first day of training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Set Pay Of $28,000 Base Salary. Set Hours Of 10 a.m. To 7 p.m. For The First 12 Weeks Of Training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

I'm the one that just posted a review saying I was told in the interview if chosen in 5-7 days I will be contacted via email or phone and I was just waiting. Well I just got my phone call today offering me the job. If no set backs everything will be done and back within ten business days. I'm so excited. This is a long process and once again I just want to encourage everyone to be patient, and don't think negatively or self doubt yourself. I'm excited class starts on my daughter's birthday. It will be a day to remember. Good luck and happy hunting guys :)

Interview Questions

• N/A my name, address, job history and education, and etc was confirmed. Benefits were explained. I got the class start date and my schedule for 13 weeks   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in September 2014.

Interview

The process had three main stages: A phone interview, an assessment and a final in-person interview. I applied online with Verizon 14 days prior to being hired. I received an email from a representative asking me to provide a pair of days followed with times that I would be available for a phone interview. After that was done, I received a second email confirming my interview date and time. They also provided me with some information to look over before the interview. I received a phone call from the person I was scheduled to interview with on the appropriate date at the appropriate time described in the confirmation email. The interview went something along these lines: A discussion of work history, a few questions about why I desired to work at Verizon Wireless, an overview of the job, as well as about five behavioral-based questions that I had to answer in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). This interview was about 45 minutes long. At the end of the interview, I was invited to attend the on-site skills assessment at the location I would be working upon successful hire. I was given several date options and two time options; 10AM and 2PM. I accepted and came in on the soonest possible date at 2PM. I was told to arrive 10 minutes early, bring a valid photo ID with me to the assessment and dress professionally. Upon arrival on the assessment date, I was greeted at the front desk and given a name sticker after showing them my ID. I waited with two other candidates in the front until finally being taken back to the assessment room and having the process explained by a Verizon Wireless employee. The entire assessment is taken on company computers. We were given an 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete the entire assessment. It was divided up into seven parts. Upon passing the assessment, I went back to the front waiting area and was eventually pulled back and informed that I had passed. I was then given a list of available days and times to be interviewed in person. Again, I selected the soonest possible date. The interview was with a supervisor from the call center where I would be working. It was similar to the phone interview in that we discussed my work history and Verizon Wireless' benefits as well as my reason for wanting to work at Verizon. She asked me a single behavior-based question, but it didn't require a STAR-formatted response. After that, we jumped into three role play scenarios which I had to improvise. The first one was to sell her anything in this room. I chose to sell her my iPhone. For the next two role plays, I was given a sheet to look over. On one side were three cell phone options with various add-ons and on the other were three wireless plans with varying degrees of minutes and data, as well as more add-ons. The next role play was that of me taking a call for an upset customer who's cell phone bill is too high. The final role play is a mother who is ready to upgrade her phone and wants phones for her two teens. Just handle these the best you can. More likely than not, you will not get some of these role play scenarios. Upon successfully complete the interview I was told to expect a call within three days. On day number two after the interview, I was called and given a conditional offer of employment. I had to submit to a background check as well as complete drug testing within 48 hours. Just follow all of the instructions the recruiter gives on the phone and read through the emails and complete any required actions and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult task and little time to accomplish it, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The salary is set in stone from the beginning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in August 2014.

Interview

I first received an email asking to be set up for a phone interview the week of Aug 3. I was showed numerous time slots and told to pick one. I selected the week of august 10th. In the phone interview she asked me questions of why I want to work for Verizon. What I liked about the position, benefits, credo and what I did not like. She asked me about myself and verified my employment history on my resume. The then asked me STAR interview questions. After this she told me I had successful completed the interview and I would move on to the next step, which was the assessment test. During this interview you can tell it is scripted and they follow a flow. Assessment. Many people will say that if you can read and write you can pass the test! This is not true. If you are a regular are advanced computer user it will be like reading or writing. If you are not, you will have a hard time passing. I took my test on the week of the 17th. I showed up and was brought to a room with computers in it. Kind of like a voting booth but no privacy curtain. You can shop around for more info about the test. But this is what I remember (Each section is timed – countdown). First part is a basic survey and questions. For example I desire a job where (I do nothing all day or I am challenged every day). The next part is your regular questions about ethics and stuff. You know the ones about if someone stole something would you tell the manager. The next part is listening to customer calls and deciding the appropriate answer from Very good to the worst. Next part was like bingo. A number popped up and you had to find it in the card on the left side of the screen and click it. The net part was typing. Retyping sentences and typing recorded sentences. The next part was call routing. Incoming calls can in and you had to transfer them to the right department while also verifying numbers on the left side of the screen to see if they match. There may be a few other things I missed but you can find those if you hunt through the interview list. Now I did not finish one section so if you did make it on one section do not worry as I still passed. I want to say quality of quantity but I only missed one section. Also there is the critical thinking one with the boat. Someone else explained it will on here. Like I said this test is not for everyone. I am a strong computer user who can multitask and type 54 wpm. If you are on here, more than likely you will be able to pass the test. If you were smart enough to research the position. But if you do not use the computer on a daily base or know how to type there is a good chance you will not pass the test. I was then setup for another interview the next day. This was a interview with a supervisor. She asked me a few behavioral questions. A few questions about the job and my resume. We also played some role playing. She acted like a customer and I tried to help her solve the problem. She then asked me to sell her a item. I was caught off guard completely but I still made it through. I am not a seller. After this my interview was over and I received an offer the following week. So in total it took 5 weeks before I walked in the door full time.

Interview Questions

• Im calling and I want a new phone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They pay is set in stone.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in March 2014.

Interview

This is for a call center position. I applied online on a Tuesday and got an email the next day for a phone interview. Phone interview was Thursday. I was asked questions like why I want to work for Verizon and name a time when you had to .......and how did you handle it. At the end of the interview the guy invited me to take the test. I took the test that Friday. The test had a typing section and example calls. Just try to be quick. At the end of the test I was told I passed and that I would get a call to schedule me for a phone interview. I actually got an email back a few hours later for an interview and I had the phone interview on Monday. The second phone interview was about 45 minutes and the whole interview was basically name a time when you were in a certain situation and how you handle it. My advice is think about all the possible question before your interview. If you never been in the situation you better come up with something. Don't say you never been in the situation. After the phone interview I was invited in for the last interview that Tuesday. It was in person. This interview was the easiest in my opinion. I was asked a few of the name a time situation questions. I also listened to a few real calls and asked did the person handle the call corrected and how would I have handled it. The interview was maybe 45 minutes. At the end of the interview she said she would give her notes to the supervisor and start the background check. I did my drug test the next day. The background check is very thorough. They couldn't get in touch with my current employer or high school. I was asked to send a copy of a high school transcript or diploma and last paycheck stub. I submitted everything and got a call and welcome email yesterday saying I got the job, my benefits and expected start date. Everything took about 2 weeks. By far this is the most intense application process I have gone through. I believe they make it intense to make sure you can handle the calls.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a change in policy at a past job you didn't agree with. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

3 Phone Interviews with 2 differing recruiters and a face to face with the store managers that were hiring me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, negotiation..it was 2011 and the job market was terrible,

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in July 2013.

Interview

After applying you will get a phone call to go into the store for an interview. If you did well expect two phone interviews to follow. In my experience, the phone interviews were the most difficult. They will criticize you and and put you under stress to make sure you can handle unruly customers. Do not take it personally, everyone in my training class (15 people) said the same. If you are chosen they will then have you perform drug testing and perform the background check. After everything is cleared they will extend the offer and send you to training.

Interview Questions

• None, as long you practice standard interview questions on your own.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate your pay. DO NOT ACCEPT THEIR FIRST OFFER. Sadly I learned this after I started working.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in November 2012.

Interview

I had an intial phone interview, then I was scheduled for an computer assessment, then I had another phone interview, and then I was called back for another interview with a CSR manager.

Program Management Trainer and Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in September 2012.

Interview

Contract obtained through external staffing firm working with Vendor Management company and internal Human Relations Department, three initial staff phone interviews, follow up by interview with hiring manager, final discussion with team member in a similar role to address specific approach and role limitation issues

Interview Questions

• How experience would contibute to the loosly defined job description   1 Answer

Negotiation

All contract terms were identified before the initial interviews - no opportunity for negotiation, completion of on-boarding was quick once selection was complete