Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless
- Retail Sales Representative (230)
- Customer Service Representative (191)
- Sales Representative (55)
- Solutions Specialist (26)
- Business Account Executive (18)
- Sales Associate (15)
- Customer Care Representative (13)
- Retail Sales Consultant (12)
- Customer Service Specialist (12)
- Technical Support Coordinator (11)
- Technical Support Representative (10)
- Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative (10)
- Experience Specialist (9)
- Customer Service Supervisor (9)
- Account Executive (9)
- Intern (9)
- Assistant Retail Store Manager (8)
- Customer Service (8)
- Customer Specialist (8)
- Senior Sales Representative (6)
- Assistant Store Manager (6)
- Sales (6)
- Store Manager (6)
- Retail Store Manager (6)
- Senior Customer Service Representative (5)
- Major Account Manager (5)
- TELESALES Representative (5)
- Financial Services Representative (5)
- Manager (5)
- Customer Service Representative, Call Center (5)
The hiring and interview process is very consistent. They are very good at asking specific questions related to work experiene, so I recommend having differnt life scenarios to ensure you have the experienec they are looking for,
- Tell me about the weak points of your boss. 1 Answer
Any job salary may be worth negotiating for but do not be rude about the request. Consider the entire package not just the salary.
Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless
Marketing InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2012.
I had two sets of phone interviews (phone screens basically) in the fall, and I was then called for a onsite interview a couple months later. The on-site interviews were somewhat intense, with a half day of 1:1 interviews with hiring managers and HR. They were not very responsive in getting back to me, as I had to follow up with HR about my status with Verizon Wireless.
- No case questions, all behavioral questions, some more on the conversatinal side Answer Question
Marketing InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.
Initial interview was with HR: very nice people.
2nd interview was with manager: conversational, more about how I might fit into the company than grilling me on statistics.
- How do you see yourself on our team? Answer Question