Verizon Wireless Marketing Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Retail Sales Representative (197)
- Customer Service Representative (156)
- Sales Representative (51)
- Sales Associate (15)
- Business Account Executive (13)
- Retail Sales Consultant (12)
- Customer Care Representative (10)
- Technical Support Representative (8)
- Assistant Retail Store Manager (8)
- Technical Support Coordinator (8)
- Account Executive (7)
- Customer Service (7)
- Customer Specialist (7)
- Customer Service Supervisor (7)
- Intern (6)
- Store Manager (6)
- Retail Store Manager (6)
- Sales (6)
- Senior Sales Representative (6)
- Senior Customer Service Representative (5)
- Major Account Manager (5)
- Assistant Store Manager (5)
- Marketing Manager (4)
- Telesales (4)
- TELESALES Representative (4)
- Solutions Specialist (4)
- Financial Services Representative (4)
- RF Engineer (4)
- Manager (4)
- Customer Service Specialist (4)
Marketing Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
Interviewed at Verizon Wireless
Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is very consistent. They are very good at asking specific questions related to work experiene, so I recommend having differnt life scenarios to ensure you have the experienec they are looking for,
Interview Question – Tell me about the weak points of your boss. View Answer
Negotiation Details – Any job salary may be worth negotiating for but do not be rude about the request. Consider the entire package not just the salary.
Marketing Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2012.
Interview Details – I had two sets of phone interviews (phone screens basically) in the fall, and I was then called for a onsite interview a couple months later. The on-site interviews were somewhat intense, with a half day of 1:1 interviews with hiring managers and HR. They were not very responsive in getting back to me, as I had to follow up with HR about my status with Verizon Wireless.
Interview Question – No case questions, all behavioral questions, some more on the conversatinal side Answer Question
Marketing Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.
Interview Details – Initial interview was with HR: very nice people.
2nd interview was with manager: conversational, more about how I might fit into the company than grilling me on statistics.
Interview Question – How do you see yourself on our team? Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless