Verizon Wireless RF Engineer Interview Questions

3.7

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

I've had a lot of interviews with VZW, mostly as an internal employee. It doesn't matter what position you apply for, HR is going to want to know how you go above and beyond to help the customer. HR has a standard list of questions they give to everyone that literally asks "tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer." So be prepared even if you're not customer facing.

A question I got from the engineering director was "describe to me a troubleshooting method that would work yesterday, but not on a technology of today." He had a few of these 'on your feet thinking' type questions not specifically related to any job.

The hiring manager had his own list of questions each time specific to the job applying for. If you're in the field already, they will be easy questions. If you're not in the field then you won't know them. The only way you got an interview by not being in the field was if you were recommended by a current employee, at which point the questions won't matter anyways, you're there for them to meet and judge you as a person and if you'd fit the group. Honestly, if you want to shine and you're not already in the field, think about typical HR questions.

The hiring process is slow, but I don't have much to compare it to. The reason its slow is that there are a lot of departments that intertwine, so when they post the first position externally, they might take a second run at finding an internal employee. You never know. But, I'd say each step takes a month. HR likes to flex their muscle once in a while too, to show a hiring manager they don't call all the shots. So they may pull a wild card and start the process over from scratch.

Interview Questions

• The customer service type questions when going for a non-customer facing position really threw me. Seriously, you have to make yourself sound like a customer service hero. I don't get it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I could tell by the tone in the hiring manager's voice. It was like "please accept this offer so I don't have to start this process over again." I've talked to other people hired who said the same thing. I really don't think they negotiate, but I might be wrong.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone interview/test asking questions on basic physics and RF engineering. For example what is the relationship between frequency and wavelength. The one on one interview was then a follow up on the same questions as well as more technical questions. The second interview was the standard HR interview.

Interview Questions

• You are X feet from a cell tower and measure the RF Power. You then double your distance to Y and measure the RF Power. What is the Power at distance Y. The relationship.   2 Answers

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2007.

Interview

hard job requires lot of hours to just retain the job. This job is not for week personality