Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

RF Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – I've had a lot of interviews with VZW, mostly as an internal employee. It doesn't matter what position you apply for, HR is going to want to know how you go above and beyond to help the customer. HR has a standard list of questions they give to everyone that literally asks "tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer." So be prepared even if you're not customer facing.

A question I got from the engineering director was "describe to me a troubleshooting method that would work yesterday, but not on a technology of today." He had a few of these 'on your feet thinking' type questions not specifically related to any job.

The hiring manager had his own list of questions each time specific to the job applying for. If you're in the field already, they will be easy questions. If you're not in the field then you won't know them. The only way you got an interview by not being in the field was if you were recommended by a current employee, at which point the questions won't matter anyways, you're there for them to meet and judge you as a person and if you'd fit the group. Honestly, if you want to shine and you're not already in the field, think about typical HR questions.

The hiring process is slow, but I don't have much to compare it to. The reason its slow is that there are a lot of departments that intertwine, so when they post the first position externally, they might take a second run at finding an internal employee. You never know. But, I'd say each step takes a month. HR likes to flex their muscle once in a while too, to show a hiring manager they don't call all the shots. So they may pull a wild card and start the process over from scratch.

Interview Question – The customer service type questions when going for a non-customer facing position really threw me. Seriously, you have to make yourself sound like a customer service hero. I don't get it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I could tell by the tone in the hiring manager's voice. It was like "please accept this offer so I don't have to start this process over again." I've talked to other people hired who said the same thing. I really don't think they negotiate, but I might be wrong.

Very Easy Interview

Irvine, CA

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and answered almost all of their technical questions very easily. At times I thought to myself, “did he really just ask that question?” Following the end of the interview, I get a time frame for a decision. However, after the hiring manager’s promised deadline passed, I am confronted with complete silence and all of my attempts to contact them are ignored.

I definitely would not recommend this specific location of Verizon Wireless to others after experiencing how rude and disrespectful the hiring managers are to their applicants. How you’re treated after the interview could be indicative of how you’d be managed once on the job. This kind of treatment gives the whole company a bad reputation in my eyes, even if it is only specific to this location.

Interview Question – Easy Questions Overall.   Answer Question

RF Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2009.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a phone interview/test asking questions on basic physics and RF engineering. For example what is the relationship between frequency and wavelength. The one on one interview was then a follow up on the same questions as well as more technical questions. The second interview was the standard HR interview.

Interview Question – You are X feet from a cell tower and measure the RF Power. You then double your distance to Y and measure the RF Power. What is the Power at distance Y. The relationship.   View Answer

RF Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2007.

Interview Details – hard job requires lot of hours to just retain the job. This job is not for week personality

Interview Question – rf theory and experience related   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!