Verizon Wireless Retail Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2014

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2012.

Verizon wireless is extremely selective with their candidates for the Retail Leadership Development Program. Many of the people selected had well above a 3.0 gpa, global experience, work experience AND leadership experience.

If you are looking into switching channels such as marketing or hr, this is not the position for you!

In regards to the interview experience expect a few phone interviews and one final in-person interview with a store manager. Most of the interview process consists of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do If you were working with a customer and their child were acting up.   Answer Question
No negotiation... salary was either take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

the Hiring process was very long and intensive. I went through about 4 stages of interviews with all different people. The interview with a store manager was a test because you had to go around the store and fill out a questionnaire with what you saw kind of like a scavenger hunt.

Interview Questions
    • One unexpected question was name 5 accessories for the phone... It threw me off guard but you could list a jawbone sound machine as one.   Answer Question
    They have a set plan for the RLDP candidates which doesn't have much le-way to change.

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

There were two phone interviews and one in person interview with the DM. The first interview was just a run through of my resume and a few behavioral questions. The second and third interviews were all behavior questions. Have answers prepared for your past leadership/time management experiences. Basic sales interview. Bring good questions to ask at the end!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee that was not working up to their normal standards?

If given the opportunity would you rather take $1,000 or take $300 and get to meet a corporate manager?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2012.

One of the most lengthy interviews I've had. I had 3 telephone interviews: two with HR and one with the hiring/district manager then a face-to-face with another district-level guy. The first two phone interviews asked me about my work history, and several "Tell me of a time when..." questions. I was rather surprised with how in-depth they were getting right off the start. Know each position inside and out and review a wide variety of those types of questions. They gave me a lot of time to consider before I answered which was helpful. The first two phone interviews each reviewed the position I was applying for including the salary, position rotations and expectations in each, locations and all the benefits right up front which I really appreciated. I loved that after the first phone interview, I knew exactly what I was getting into with how forward they were with everything :) The district manager was sympathetic to the distance between himself and me so he suggested a telephone interview as accommodation which was nice. He asked more Situational based questions like "how would you handle this" rather than "tell me of a time" ones. Even my final interviewer was considerate and worked his schedule to come meet me at the closest store to me. Again, more situational questions, and questions about accommodations to their requirements (store hours and locations). He was really impressed with how many questions I asked of him about the job, Verizon as a company the work environment. After that, it was just waiting for a phone call, which I got about 3 business days later. I was told to go get a drug test, submit to a background check and when the start dates would be.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you were faced with a moral dilemma. What was the dilemma and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Say you're a Supervisor. How would you handle an employee who is not performing up to expectations? Perhaps they've been fine in the past but the past 3 days or so you've noticed a difference.   View Answer
    • Imagine you are a team leader and have participated in a training explaining a new scheduling system. This scheduling system will increase customer service but will also require that the sales reps work more weekends. Now, you have to go explain this system to your co-worker. Role-play.   View Answer
    No negotiations. I was told what the salary and benefits were and asked if that was something I was willing to accept. In the final phone call before accepting the offer, I asked how negotiable the salary was and she said it wasn't, that it was set.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!