Verizon Wireless

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Basic interview questions

Interview Question – Basic interview questions   Answer Question

Yorkville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2013.

Interview Details – I originally wanted to work for this company but everytime I tried to apply online their system was down. Eventually they called me saying they saw my resume on careerbuilder.com the next day "Friday" I had an Interview with a store manager and his manager and I did great, they were really impressed by my interview and on Monday I got a call that they want to hire me and I accepted=)

Interview Question – Why Verizon?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – from not even applying, i will get paid very well and i know i can exceed their qoutas!

Very Easy Interview

Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2012.

Interview Details – Application input via web based robot. Contacted for a phone interview, all via email. Very impersonal and frustrating.

How do you hire someone for a sales position through a telephone screening interview. Maybe why VzW has such crappy customer service staff in their stores.

Interview Question – None. What was unexpected was the coldness of VzW's process.   Answer Question

Willmar, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2012.

Interview Details – Online Application, Phone Interview, In person Interview

Interview Question – They ask Behavioral Based Interview Questions, "Name a time when a customer was angry, how did you remedy it."   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on September 12, 2012 for Verizon, 2 days later i received a call from a store manager to schedule an interview for the following week, I go to my 1 st interview and get the manager talks to me about the position and wat in consists of and then he ask me questions which were pretty simple to answer. A week later I get a call from HR to perform a pre screening interview over the phone and then a few hours later I get a call by the store manager to come in for a last minute interview while in transit to the interview I get a call from HR to verify I spoke spanish by asking me an interview question in spanish and having to answer it in spanish as well. When I finally get to the store for my interview the manager has me answer typical scenarios when dealing with customers all together and what I will do, after the interview the manager advises me that he will contact me in about 3 days after the interview and let me know if I'm proceeding to the next step he even advised me that he has been interviewing over 20 applicants which made my chances of getting the job low. After 3 days I never got a call from him and I decided to call HR to perform a follow up, the HR rep was very nice to me and gave me advice and it turned out the manager hasn't made up his decision yet so the HR rep advised me to send the manager a thank you letter via email, so I send that to the manager and a few days latter I get a call from the manager saying hes interested in getting me onboard (keep in mind this has been a month after I applied at Verizon) and I will get a call by HR. Days went by and nothing no calls no emails, so i decide to make follow up calls to HR and I was getting the same reply so I was giving up on them and felt played by Verizon, then finally last week I get a call by a recruiter and gives me the news that they are interested and are going to perform a drug screening and background check so i got excited and the recruiter even apologize for taking this long to bring me onboard this process took a bout a month in a half and felt forever. Im currently awaiting my background and drug test results, I know i passed the drug test but the background check is wat Im most worried about since I havent been lucky and failed 2 with 2 different bank companies last year and cant seem to give me a reason for why i failed them. I have no criminal record and I know i have good credit since I purchased a vehicle about 5 months ago. Im crossing m fingers and I am confident that I will pass. Overall Verizon has one of the longest hiring process I ever experienced It would be better if they can keep employees up to date and updated but then again Verizon gets thousands of applicants a day and there HR department rather spend most of their time dealing with there current employees and put less time on future candidates.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the table? Please answer it in Spanish and Tell me a time when you helped a customer who could not communicate in english only spanish, what was the situation? what did you do to help the customer? and what was the outcome? please answer in spanish.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got the job offer and Im starting off with higher pay since I speak 2 languages. Verizon does take long to hire people and get back with you atleast based on my experience. Be patient and its good to do weekly follow ups to make sure they are still interested in you.

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – horrible, its all star format...and you must know someone to get the job

Interview Question – THey try to trick you by asking some negative and you are supposet to spin it into a possitve experience   Answer Question

Milledgeville, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very smooth. Before you are offered an interview with the store manager, you have to pass the phone interview with the recruiter. From there, you go through an extremely thorough background check, from past jobs to references. The process lasts for about two weeks, but it is well worth it.

Interview Question – You are asked questions regarding the most difficult thing you had to do on the job. You are asked if you would be able to work on commission plus a base salary.   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Final step was panel interview with District Manager

Interview Question – How do you handle overcoming objections?   Answer Question

Stillwater, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2010.

Interview Details – Dress nice and know about the company

Interview Questions

Louisville, KY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview, interview with the District Manager and Store Manager then i had to take a drug test and have my background checked.

Interview Question – Why should be hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – offer was made and then accepted

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.