Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
197 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wichita Falls, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details – Standard questions asked looking for your sales abilities and accomplishments. The interviewer asked open ended questions and he took notes. I was asked to sell him a headset. I was given the specs for a particular device and was asked to sell it the next day during the second interview.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received a better offer from another company.

Retail Sales Representative

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – There were 3 Interviews in all. 2 Over the phone 1 face-to-face. I applied online. I received an email 4 days later requesting a Phone Interview with an HR person. This interview consisted of question such as "tell me about a time when." There was also a small role play that was based on information sent prior to the first interview. The second interview consisted only of behavioral based questions.. such as "remember a time when." After the 2nd interview I was contacted by the district manager to schedule my third interview which was face-to -face. This interviewer was very personable and asked questions about e as well as behavioral based questions. There was also a role play where the district manager acted as if he was a customer. His main objective was to see how i interacted with the customer and if i could "sale.' I was given great feed back from him, and was told i would here back from an HR representative with in 7 days. I was contacted by email first asking for a date that was best to contact me then on that date I received a phone call that informed me of my employment offer.

Interview Question – What set you aside and makes you different from other candidates?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact was precise and in a timely manner. I took the first round interview over the phone since I was moving and trying to get a new Verizon job in a new city. The second interview was to be with a manager I the store directly. This is where the problem started. The recruiter did not contact me with adequate time. Instead it was any weeks later. At that time I had already established a new position. I could not stand just "waiting" around when they made me feel so confident about the new position, since I had previous experience.

Interview Question – "I am a non tech savvy customer. Sell me this accessory..."   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had already moved on. They did however tell me they would keep me in mind and asked if I could do the same.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – One face-to-face interview with a manager, but I had an "in" and recommendation from an employee who worked under her. Asked sales related questions about my previous jobs and how I met and exceeded goals.

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Representative -Retail Sales Interview

Representative -Retail Sales

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for a local retail store and received an email the day after I applied about scheduling an interview time. The email included two attachments: a detailed job description with information on salary, commission, benefits and the Verizon Credo, the second attachment was the accessory of the month. I was told to review the attachments before my interview. I called the number provided the next business day and scheduled a phone interview for later that day.

The phone interview took approximately 50 minutes (I was told it would take anywhere from and hour to and hour and a half). There were three distinctive parts of the interview: review background information, sales scenario, and behavioral questions.

The following day, I received a phone call from the manager at the store I would be working at if hired. We set up a day and time for me to come in a have a second interview. The second interview was on a Monday (the call was on Friday). I went to the store and interviewed with the manager. The manager asked behavioral questions and reviewed my background. I also completed an assessment. I was told that I would receive a call within the week about another interview if I would continue with the interview process.

I received a call that day from Verizon HR about scheduling a time to go over a few things. The next day I spoke to a hiring manager and was offered the position on the contingency that I passed a drug screening and background check.

The process took about a month, I applied at the end of May and will start at the end of June.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

Kennewick, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details – Inititail job application found thru Indeed.com, about 2 days later I received an assessment to complete which covered a series of questions and situations multiple choice regarding personality, integrity and honesty. Than about 3 weeks later I received an email to schedule a phone interview, I scheduled the interview and went thru my job history in detail and gave my highlighted areas and weaknesses and areas of interest. I was asked to finish our phone interview after about 40minutes to role play. I have been anticipating this.

Interview Question – What was my least favorite thing at my last job and why.   View Answer

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2011.

Interview Details – Initial Interviews were fairly decent - I had one call from the recruiter who then set me up with a corporate interviewer who interviewed me. Once that was complete, I was interviewed at the store location by a manager. I was offered the job the same day. The interviews were about an hour long each and went through a series of questions including how the job should be performed. The hiring process itself took quite a while and was very thorough. VZW reviews everything!

Interview Question – How do you balance your work life and personal life? What is your philosophy behind your job being a top priority?   Answer Question

Representative - Retail Sales Interview

Representative - Retail Sales

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – Applications are taken online, and screened by corporate HR before the Store Manager calls you. This step took about 1.5 weeks for me. The interview was informal and mostly standard questions. Being able to demonstrate corporate and cellphone knowledge seemed be highly influential.

Interview Question – How much recognition do you need?   View Answer

Fairview Park, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details – After applying online, the initial communication was an email letting me know they received my resume and application. About a week later, I was called to asked about my application and scheduled a phone interview with a regional recruiter. The phone interview was scheduled 2 days after the first call. After the 30 minute phone interview, I received a call the same day from the assistant manager at the Verizon wireless retail location. They scheduled me about 5 days later for an in person interview at the retail store. I interviewed with the store manager and assistant managing. Both asked question one after another and took notes on my answers. After the interview, I waited about 2 weeks to hear that they found another candidate with better qualifications.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was was where do I see myself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Huntington, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to a retail sales job opening on April 27, 2014 and it took them about 1 month to contact me to set up a phone interview. When they finally did, I scheduled it right away. Had Phone interview on May 21, 2014. She called me back two days later to set up a Face to Face interview in the Huntington, NY store. Face to Face interview was the following week. Let me tell you how unprofessional these people were. I came dressed very nicely and brought all the needed paperwork I thought I would need.

The man who interview me began to tell me he recognized me from activating a line for me at one point in my life. Sounded creepy...the last time I came inside the store to activate ANY phone was 5 years ago. Then he also stated he knows exactly where I work because he shops there on several occasions. Great you know who I am and you are keeping track of me, very unprofessional way to begin an interview.

Finally we begin the interview, he asks some general questions about my background and education and where I see myself with this company. He asked me some questions about technical knowledge about phones, and I am pretty interested in the latest technology so I know a good amount, and explained to him about when I had to help my mom with her new Droid. Perhaps I wasn't technical enough?

The man then left the room for approximately 12 min leaving me sitting alone. yes I was keeping track of the time because I felt disrespected.
He then told me he was done interviewing me and I would hear back in 7-10 days. Basically he was letting me know I'm not getting the position.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you had to use your technical knowledge to help someone who didn't know how to use the product...   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 197 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.