Verizon Wireless

Getting the Interview

168 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2010.

Interview Details – HR interview. Two in person interviews

Interview Question – All the questions are "Situation, action, result"   Answer Question

Champaign, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details – was contacted through HR from a referral from a friend, had my first phone interview, on the spot was schedualed for my second one, then after that i was called in for a face to face interview, i still havent been contacted for a final HR interview.

Interview Question – Sell me anything in this room, (i chose to sell him his iphone)   View Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Interviewed for the job but was not hired. Interview was basic. Called me in, met with the manager, asked me sales based questions as well as education and history.

Interview Question – Asked me to participate in a sales roleplay activity. Have not done this during other interviews before so it caught be a bit offguard.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called to set up a phone interview. The recruiter never even looked at my resume. They had no idea I hadn't graduated college yet.

Interview Question – What are your short-term plans.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – There are usually several phone interviews conducted for screening. The recruiter will usually ask typical interview questions to gather information from your employment background. If you successfully pass the phone interviews you will then be invited to a face to face interview with either a hiring manager for the district in which you are applying, or you may interview with the store manager from the store in which they may have the opening. Most of the questions they will ask will once again be similar to that of the general interview questions but sometimes you may have an interviewer that may improv their own set of questions. As long as you are customer focused and results oriented, you should pass. It would also help to be a little tech savvy or at least try to be as knowledgeable as possible about wireless technology.

Negotiation Details – Verizon Wireless Sales Positions are non-negotiable

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1st Phone Interview: The interviewer asked standard interview questions. For example: What made you apply for this position? What is your sales experience and qualifications?

2nd Interview: Very similar to phone interview. There were questions like: What is your sales experience? Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now within the company (say something about being in the company)? Why should you be hired for this job?

Tip: During the in-store interview, be conscious of how you present yourself. Meaning maintain good eye contact, listen carefully, speak in a professional manner, etc.

Interview Question – Just make sure when they asked you "Where do you see yourself in 10 years" that your answer has something to do with working for the company. They ask this question because they want to make sure you don't quit in a short amount of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. I didn't try to negotiate.

Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and about a week later received an E-mail inviting me to interview with HR (1st) went over resume and work history, I was quizzed about the dates and jobs I held. Then I was asked to role play the Accessory of the month. (read up on the specs and be sure to work it into your role play) she made me do it twice once with a tech savvy person and one who was not. I passed, that easy enough. after that It was the normal interview after that. where do you see yourself in 3-5 years. and what skills do you posses that would make you an ideal candidate. this process took about an hour. (a very good sign) anything under 45 min, usually doesn't fair well. she went through the benefits and salary information with me on the spot and asked if I was OK with it. she then told me that they were hiring for the district and it meant I would be placed in a store that ranged from 25-40 miles away from my home. (a sure way to be picked for another interview is to accept this and work out the details of travel when your are hired. everyone has a reason they need to be as close to home as possible and they want to see if you are adaptable.) after a little more background on the position we parted and they told me I would hear back that day if I were chosen to move forward or not,

I was contacted later that day to move along in the process and to have a Final interview for the next day,
This time I sat down with the DM and SM and was asked pretty much the same questions as the HR person did. This time I got to explain in detail about my previous positions and roles I played. once I answered the questions they informed me that a real life role play would be next. This meant I would be out on the floor and interact with them (DM &SM) separately. the first interaction was with the DM and he was looking for a new phone. I asked him what his phone was primarily used for. and if it was just him or if he had a family. I asked him about any particular apps he was fond of or used all the time he stated he used the calculator and GPS allot. he then asked about the pricing and how it seemed pretty high. ( i researched the plans and pricing options avail. before the interview) I explained how times change and as a big company like Verizon we needed to change along with it. I told him there was a monthly payment option for the model he was interested in and he was satisfied. I really got to know him on a personal level. not the typical (what do you need and here ya go! interaction) give them your name and make eye contact, shake hands ask personal inquiring questions that pertain to what he is interested in.

The second interaction was with the SM and she wanted information about a certain device she read about online. and how it worked. (the accessory of the month) I gave her the details about it and used it in the role play. We then shifted gears and did another role play where she portrayed two different customers (savvy and not savvy) in this scenario I was asked to look through the store and sell one of these other non phone devises like a speaker or a phone carrier etc... Now this is very important. if you listen to what they ask they are more interested in you already knowing something else in the store like a jet pack or something like it. here's why. you already role played and showed them you could walk up to anything and generate a conversation out of the blue with the help of a device. Now they want to see if you are Knowledgeable about their other products. Here is what I did,

I was asked to browse the 100+ accessory's and to provide a general understanding and presentation. I waited until they finished talking and let them know I had already thought of a device and that I didn't need to scope out anything. The response I got was a glance of (WOW) between the two of them. they smiled and asked me what I wanted to share, I stated the Jet pack. as it can be used anywhere your are without WiFI and didn't want to use DATA. they were very happy that I came in with this knowledge. we returned to the backroom and discussed the details of the job and location. again, I agreed on whatever location they decided to place me at. we shook hands and they told me it would be a few days to get all of the interviews and decisions down. Monday afternoon came around and I got a call with an offer to join their team. to which I accepted and am now waiting on the drug and background processes to pass.

Interview Question – Why do you feel that you are the person for the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered and it was a good staring base pay. with commissions

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewing: They score on a point system. Make sure that you listen to every part of the questions asked and make sure that you answer each part of the question.

Interview Question – Please sell me this pen   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and was contacted in a week over the phone. I had two phone interviews with a woman from Verizon's HR. They were simple questions about experience and why I wanted to work at Verizon. After the second phone call I was set up with an interview at a local Verizon that was hiring. In the interview I was asked about my sale abilities. I actually had to role play and sell the manager my phone. At the time Verizon did not have the iPhone and I did since I was contracted with At&t. So it was kind of funny, but I sold him and iPhone. He was impressed and in a few days I got offered the job.

Interview Question – Most difficult was selling the phone since I never sold phones and I the faceted I had a phone Verizon didn't sell.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

Interview Details – Went to a Verizon specific job fair. Because I had a Bachelor's degree I was fast tracked through the hiring process. At the job fair the first interview was with HR and went very nicely. The next interview was with a store manager. The particular manager I interviewed with was rather rude but in general the hiring process was pleasant. It took about a month to actually get an offer and they gave me no chance to give my previous employer a two week notice.

Interview Question – The questions were very simple and straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate. You do get paid more for things like being bilingual, having a degree, etc.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 168 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.