Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

211 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

In this order there was:
1) Online Application
- Very simple. Straight forward. Basic candidate information. Fill in the blank questions, upload resume.
2) Phone Screening
- Basic phone screening. They go over the job with you then ask questions pertinent to the job and your resume. Many of the questions will ask about your sales and customer experience experience. They will also ask you questions based off of PDFs they asked you to read involving the company Credo, and the item of the month. Be sure to read them. There may be a roleplay involved.
3) In person interview with a Hiring Manager
- He will ask you similar questions as the phone screen, test your existing knowledge of verizon and phone companies, and about what other services verizon offers other than phones.
4) In person interview with a store manager and an assistant manager
- At this stage of the interview process, you're most likely already accepted. The hiring manager must've liked you, so you're already going to get the job. The store managers only want to talk to you so they can make sure you'll function well in the store. The best thing to do here is to mirror the energy level of the person leading the interview. If they're energetic, you should be energetic as well.
5) Preliminary Job Offer with the Hiring Manager (3)
- You will be made a verbal job offer contingent on passing a background check
6) Background Check
-Five things I believe are checked.
-Drug Screening
-Employment Check
-Diploma/Degree Check
-Criminal Check
Citizen status/Able to work in the U.S. check
7) Finalized Job Offer
-You made it!
-There is two weeks of mandatory training. One week of training in a group along with orientation, and one week of training for product knowledge in your actual store.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

I applied around Aug 26th received an email maybe a maximum of 2 days later about scheduling my first phone interview which was nearly a month after I applied (first one available). First interview was great and I was scheduled for another phone interview about a week or so later. I was then told I moved on to the final round which was a face to face interview with three managers. Be prepared! Review all of the information they send you in the emails, be confident, friendly, and prompt. Be yourself, think outside the box and pay close attention. Role plays were done.

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Worked with recruiters first, long response at store level; overall, 7 weeks from initial contact to hire, an additional 6 weeks to first day of work. A bit lengthy, I had to follow up and chase down answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2014.

Applied online and then contacted by recruiter. Recruiter sent me an e-mail with the Verizon Credo (Make sure to pick out parts of the credo) and their "item of the month."

1st phone interview: Took about 45 mins and was asked typical STAR questions and other interview questions. The recruiter about what stood out to me about the credo. I had to sell the item of the month over the phone.

2nd phone interview: Scheduled for the following day and was pretty much about the same as the first, but a different person. Went through the interview and was scheduled to come into the store.

In store: Interviewed with district manager and store manager. Was asked STAR questions and other questions such as "Why do you want to work here" and a few questions about my work history. After going through the interview, I walked out to the store front and was told to sell something to the store manager (the store was busy so don't be surprised to sell in a loud environment). Attempted to sell a phone and didn't do too bad considering my sales experience. The store manager gave a critique and said I would hear back within a week. Heard back about a month later and wasn't offered the position. Didn't mind since I was hired for a position that wasn't related.

Side notes that may help you decide if this is the position for you (information was gathered during interview from store manager/dm):
    1. Was told hours can be between 40-60 hours (not a problem for me)
    2. Was informed of a "blackout period" from Thanksgiving to January where employees were not able to take personal time or vacation. (not a huge problem for me this year, but next year could be an issue)
    3. You will be expected to sell more than just mobile phones/plans. If you haven't been to a Verizon Store recently, go. You will see they sell many other technology products.

Overall, I believe Verizon would be a good company to work for. I do hope to work for them in the future, but in a different position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what stood out to you about the Credo (Received through e-mail, I didn't expect to be asked about it on the first phone interview. They will ask on the phone and in person.).   View Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

THe process was not too challenging, you have to take a few test and quizzes...they ask a lot of 5 star questions. I had to take a computerized test, then go in for an interview, if you do well on the initial interview, you will be invited back for an interview with the district manager. Overall, the process was not bad, you must be prepared to talk a lot about sales.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I was called almost immediately from a requiter and then the interview was set up the next day. Interview took a long time and we sat awkwardly close in a small room. The job description was the longest part with very few personal questions. I didn't feel like I got enough time to sell myself for the position. Basically, we just went over my work experience and that was pretty much it.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

There were 3 Interviews in all. 2 Over the phone 1 face-to-face. I applied online. I received an email 4 days later requesting a Phone Interview with an HR person. This interview consisted of question such as "tell me about a time when." There was also a small role play that was based on information sent prior to the first interview. The second interview consisted only of behavioral based questions.. such as "remember a time when." After the 2nd interview I was contacted by the district manager to schedule my third interview which was face-to -face. This interviewer was very personable and asked questions about e as well as behavioral based questions. There was also a role play where the district manager acted as if he was a customer. His main objective was to see how i interacted with the customer and if i could "sale.' I was given great feed back from him, and was told i would here back from an HR representative with in 7 days. I was contacted by email first asking for a date that was best to contact me then on that date I received a phone call that informed me of my employment offer.

Interview Questions
    • What set you aside and makes you different from other candidates?   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Talked to recruiter at job fair, was told to go online and fill out job app. I filled out the job app was called quickly to schedule a phone interview. The first phone interview had a little trouble because the person kept pushing the interview date back ( good for me). I was basic easy sales questions. Then she said at the end I would get a phone call to schedule second interview. Second phone interview was a little more serious. I made it to the third interview ( in store with manager). I waited over 30 minutes for my interview since they were running behind time. I went to a small room with a male and female manager , they asked me questions( Not too hard). at the end he said we will let you know in about a week. I think that there was supposed to be a second part to the interview that day if i did good on the first part of the interview but i did not get it. he walked me to the door after the interview lol. Its been a week and two days. I have not heard a yes or no. If given a no which i think i was most likely given, They could at the least emailed me or told me something. STILL WAITING LOL

Interview Questions
    • Do you have verizon? Mostly how you determine to sale items to a customer...   View Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

One face-to-face interview with a manager, but I had an "in" and recommendation from an employee who worked under her. Asked sales related questions about my previous jobs and how I met and exceeded goals.

Nothing

Representative - Retail Sales Interview

Applications are taken online, and screened by corporate HR before the Store Manager calls you. This step took about 1.5 weeks for me. The interview was informal and mostly standard questions. Being able to demonstrate corporate and cellphone knowledge seemed be highly influential.