Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email with a couple attachments. During the interview I was asked about the Verizon Credo, and about the product of the month. The initial phone screening led to a call later in the day for an interview with the local store manager next week. The interview went well and hopefully I will receive an offer during the final interview next week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to role play the sale of a product, to both a tech savvy consumer, and a consumer who really didn't understand technology.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Ontario, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

So I had gotten tired of working at ATT so I decided to apply for Verizon because I heard they had better job advancement opps, better pay, and just an overall better company to work for.
    1) I applied on 12/22/2014 filled out online app & took assessment.Received an email the next morning asking for the best time to schedule a phone interview. Confirmed interview for that same day at 2 pm. They emailed me their Credo & the accessory of the month. REVIEW THESE MATERIALS BECAUSE THEY WILL ASK YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. So study study study.

2) 12/23/14 conducted phone interview. She called on time, went over resume and online application. They are VERY paranoid & emphasize verifying employment history. After that had STAR format questions "tell me a time when" think of 5 situations you can flex to any type of situation. Have enthusiasm & make sure you talk about sales & how you can sale & you should pass. After that she asked about the credo & then we role played the Accesory of the month. Once completed she invited me to an I store interview.

3) 1/9/15 went in for in store interview. Dress professionally! And mirror the upbeat attitude that you had over the phone. Was interviewed by two managers from different stores. (These may of May not be your store managers) and a HR rep who I honestly believe was the DM. Pretty straightforward. They were very nice. Same questions as over the phone. "Tell me a time when" "how would you handle this" "where do you see yourself in a yr" "why Verizon" "how does Verizon's credo relate to you & your sales & business ethic" "how do you handle stress" then they went over employment history again. From there we role played. They already had an Accesory on the table for me to "sale" to one of the managers. Just ask discovery questions, and try to get them to buy the product & you'll be fine. From there they asked If I had any questions. ASK QUESTIONS!! They want to know your really interested, and take this time to sale yourself. Lasted about 30 min. Was told they were making their decisions that night & I should hear something the next day

The next day I couldn't wait, so I sent a friendly email to the HR rep to check on the status. Around noon. Received an email back around 5 asking to confirm all my previous employments & have EXACT dates as it could disqualify me. Gave me a date to email everything over then asked a day to call to do a "final review" of my app

4) 1/12/15 received phone call went over employment a last time & it turns out that call was actually an employment offer!!!

Overall pretty quick process. Very stressful & nervewrecking so be on your toes at all times. Background check is VERY THOROUGH so double check everything.

Currently waiting my background check & start date but if all goes well I should start 1/29. So for me, process took 4 weeks.

Hope this helps & good luck!!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?
      Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Tell me a time you had to meet a Deadline & had difficulty

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. I tried but they stated hourly was set. However, commission is where the real flexibility comes in because you can make between 65,000 + a year

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received a response the next day about setting up a preliminary phone interview with an HR person. I scheduled it for the day following that and the interview was relatively smooth, consisted of some basic background questions, STAR format questions and a role play over the phone in regards to a product. I was passed onto an in store interview which was in front of three individuals and it was in the same format as the preliminary interview. I was told that they will take up to 2 weeks to decide and that I will be contacted by the HR person with whom I initially spoke to.

Interview Questions

• Why sales ? Why Verizon ? How good would you rate yourself in terms of technology and why ?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Phone call, really wasn't that hard. Had to explain current job status and recent employment. I feel as if you must prepare for the phone role. They give you material to read over so, make sure you have that in hand.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

1. Preliminary Phone Interview
    2. In-person Interview
    3. In-store Interview

Got through the the second process - the in-person interview. Later that week I received an e-mail saying I did not get the job.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2015.

Interview

I wasn't lucky with the interviewer that was assigned for my phone interview as the interviewer was aggressive, frequently interrupted me during the phone conversation. moreover did not allow me to answer the question fully

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Overall ok. Filled out app online. Got a email ti schefule interview. Waited a month for an open appointment.finally got a call they called me for interview. Asked basic questions. Hours too long and must work weekends. Not cool for my circumstances.

Interview Questions

• What did I like most about any electronic device I owned.?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2014.

Interview

While the process has not been overtly difficult, it has taken quite some time. You first go through two separate phone interviews before finally meeting with the store manager face to face. All three interviews were held weeks apart and for someone that may need a job and a job fast, I don't suggest going this route- or at least explain up front that you need the process to go as fast as possible. The second phone interview took about 40 minutes and the only difficult portion was the 'behavioral section'. Be prepared to answer a lot of "what did you do in this situation?" questions about things you did in your past jobs. They transcribe everything you are saying so take your time and give an actual thought out statement. The in person interview is basically a reiteration of the second except this time they want you to clarify all your past work dates because they will be calling your former employees.

Interview Questions

• The simulation section over the phone. They give you a pdf of a Verizon product and the person on the other end of the line pretends to be a customer and wants you to sell them the product. It wasn't difficult if you've had experience in retail sales before but it was awkward having to do that over the phone knowing they were transcribing everything you said.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Orangeburg, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online two weeks later I got a call for an interview. Once u prepare u should be fine. Easy interview the guy was super cool. Once u got that call inviting u to the interview after hanging up they will send u an email which tells u about verizon, job description and salary there's also two pages one is Verizon Credo review it, study it they will ask u question and also a page about the product of the month review it they might ask u to role play unfortunately they didn't ask me to role play. still waiting to meet with store manager

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Interview process takes about four full months to complete before you graduate to an in-person interview. Verizon says the lengthy process is due to the high volume of applicants that they receive. There will be some pretty extensive background checking and a couple of phone interviews along the way.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember the questions being particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation. I was told that the position pays a certain amount and it was not negotiable.