Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
202 interviews

202 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2011.

They barely called you in for an interview. I had to chase them down and when I did interview with them it seemed like they were racist. Then after we got past the first few questions I was expressing who I was and how passionate about life and he chuckled.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee  in  Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Coeur d'Alene, ID

I interviewed online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2012.

I had a phone interview scheduled. I am NEVER one to cancel, but I was absolutely unable to make the phone interview. I emailed my interviewee contact to let her know that I needed to reschedule 4 hours in advance. My contact would not respond to me after trying to reconnect 5 different occasions.

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Talked to recruiter at job fair, was told to go online and fill out job app. I filled out the job app was called quickly to schedule a phone interview. The first phone interview had a little trouble because the person kept pushing the interview date back ( good for me). I was basic easy sales questions. Then she said at the end I would get a phone call to schedule second interview. Second phone interview was a little more serious. I made it to the third interview ( in store with manager). I waited over 30 minutes for my interview since they were running behind time. I went to a small room with a male and female manager , they asked me questions( Not too hard). at the end he said we will let you know in about a week. I think that there was supposed to be a second part to the interview that day if i did good on the first part of the interview but i did not get it. he walked me to the door after the interview lol. Its been a week and two days. I have not heard a yes or no. If given a no which i think i was most likely given, They could at the least emailed me or told me something. STILL WAITING LOL

Interview Questions
    • Do you have verizon? Mostly how you determine to sale items to a customer...   View Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

THe process was not too challenging, you have to take a few test and quizzes...they ask a lot of 5 star questions. I had to take a computerized test, then go in for an interview, if you do well on the initial interview, you will be invited back for an interview with the district manager. Overall, the process was not bad, you must be prepared to talk a lot about sales.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I was called almost immediately from a requiter and then the interview was set up the next day. Interview took a long time and we sat awkwardly close in a small room. The job description was the longest part with very few personal questions. I didn't feel like I got enough time to sell myself for the position. Basically, we just went over my work experience and that was pretty much it.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

There were 3 Interviews in all. 2 Over the phone 1 face-to-face. I applied online. I received an email 4 days later requesting a Phone Interview with an HR person. This interview consisted of question such as "tell me about a time when." There was also a small role play that was based on information sent prior to the first interview. The second interview consisted only of behavioral based questions.. such as "remember a time when." After the 2nd interview I was contacted by the district manager to schedule my third interview which was face-to -face. This interviewer was very personable and asked questions about e as well as behavioral based questions. There was also a role play where the district manager acted as if he was a customer. His main objective was to see how i interacted with the customer and if i could "sale.' I was given great feed back from him, and was told i would here back from an HR representative with in 7 days. I was contacted by email first asking for a date that was best to contact me then on that date I received a phone call that informed me of my employment offer.

Interview Questions
    • What set you aside and makes you different from other candidates?   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee  in  Wichita Falls, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Standard questions asked looking for your sales abilities and accomplishments. The interviewer asked open ended questions and he took notes. I was asked to sell him a headset. I was given the specs for a particular device and was asked to sell it the next day during the second interview.

Interview Questions

Received a better offer from another company.

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Initial contact was precise and in a timely manner. I took the first round interview over the phone since I was moving and trying to get a new Verizon job in a new city. The second interview was to be with a manager I the store directly. This is where the problem started. The recruiter did not contact me with adequate time. Instead it was any weeks later. At that time I had already established a new position. I could not stand just "waiting" around when they made me feel so confident about the new position, since I had previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • "I am a non tech savvy customer. Sell me this accessory..."   Answer Question

I had already moved on. They did however tell me they would keep me in mind and asked if I could do the same.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

One face-to-face interview with a manager, but I had an "in" and recommendation from an employee who worked under her. Asked sales related questions about my previous jobs and how I met and exceeded goals.

Nothing

Representative -Retail Sales Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

I applied online for a local retail store and received an email the day after I applied about scheduling an interview time. The email included two attachments: a detailed job description with information on salary, commission, benefits and the Verizon Credo, the second attachment was the accessory of the month. I was told to review the attachments before my interview. I called the number provided the next business day and scheduled a phone interview for later that day.

The phone interview took approximately 50 minutes (I was told it would take anywhere from and hour to and hour and a half). There were three distinctive parts of the interview: review background information, sales scenario, and behavioral questions.

The following day, I received a phone call from the manager at the store I would be working at if hired. We set up a day and time for me to come in a have a second interview. The second interview was on a Monday (the call was on Friday). I went to the store and interviewed with the manager. The manager asked behavioral questions and reviewed my background. I also completed an assessment. I was told that I would receive a call within the week about another interview if I would continue with the interview process.

I received a call that day from Verizon HR about scheduling a time to go over a few things. The next day I spoke to a hiring manager and was offered the position on the contingency that I passed a drug screening and background check.

The process took about a month, I applied at the end of May and will start at the end of June.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to learn a new technology.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you helped out your coworkers.   Answer Question
    N/A

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!