Verizon Wireless

Updated Nov 10, 2014

217 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I first applied to Verizon on October 7th, 2014. The online application is kind of long but it was fairly easy. There was a couple online assessments to take that I passed immediately after applying. I got contacted by an HR rep the next morning via email to set up the first over the phone interview. He didn't call when he said he would to set up the time for the interview so I had to call him and let him know I'm still interested in the position. He apologized and said he has been very busy and still have every intention on calling me. During that phone call we set up the date/time for the first over the phone interview that would be conducted by him. We set it up for the following Thursday and he sent me an email with the Verizon credo and also info about one of their products of the month, be sure to study that stuff and have it sitting in front of you during the phone interview. He called when he said he would that Thursday and the over the phone interview with him lasted about an hour. He was very pleasant and asked me normal STAR/behavioral based interview questions and then we did a couple role plays, one role play where he was a tech savvy customer and one where he didn't know much about technology. He was very pleased with my role plays and my interview and immediately set me up for a face to face interview with a regional manager the following week on a Tuesday. He also told me to study the verizon credo, come dressed in a suit, go to the location where i'll be interviewing at and introduce myself to the store manager and let him know ill be apart of the interviewing process the following day and also to research behavioral based interview questions. I did everything he asked of me and I passed the face to face interview with flying colors. The manager was really cool, she asked me more STAR/behavioral based interview questions like "tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?" Those questions came pretty easily to me since I have so much customer service experience. At the end of the interview I asked her whats the next step in the hiring process and she said that she will be making her hiring decisions that night and i would promptly hear about it within the next few days. The next day I got a call from another HR rep and she said that she wanted to set up another phone interview with me the following day. I set up the interview with her and she called when she said she would the next day. She was also very pleasant and asked me the same type of questions I was asked previously. She then wanted to set up a final phone interview with me the following week. That "interview" wasn't an actual interview, it was the job offer call contingent on a background test and drug test. I had originally applied for a fulltime position but they instead placed me in a part time position but said i could move up within 6 months so thats what I plan to do. They started the background check that day and 2 weeks later (which is today) I got a call from an HR rep and she said my background/drug test went through and I am cleared to start training November 17th! This whole process was grueling and gut wrenching, I was so stressed out the entire time since their background checks are so extensive, one little thing that you were off about on your application/resume and they can disqualify you for the position so BE CAREFUL when telling them past employment dates and also be honest about your past criminal record or driving record. They will find everything so no use in hiding anything, it will just disqualify you. Verizon doesn't play around, their background checks are like a step below federal, so be prepared to have past W2's or whatever else you need so you can send it to the background check company (A-Check) if needed. My background check took 2 weeks to complete so dont be alarmed in yours takes that long too. I was so relieved when I got my phone call today telling me that I'm cleared to start training! It was like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders! Good luck to everyone applying and stay positive!

Interview Questions
  • "What stood out to you the most about the Verizon credo?"   View Answer
There was no negotiation, they already have all salaries set.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

In this order there was:
    1) Online Application
    - Very simple. Straight forward. Basic candidate information. Fill in the blank questions, upload resume.
    2) Phone Screening
    - Basic phone screening. They go over the job with you then ask questions pertinent to the job and your resume. Many of the questions will ask about your sales and customer experience experience. They will also ask you questions based off of PDFs they asked you to read involving the company Credo, and the item of the month. Be sure to read them. There may be a roleplay involved.
    3) In person interview with a Hiring Manager
    - He will ask you similar questions as the phone screen, test your existing knowledge of verizon and phone companies, and about what other services verizon offers other than phones.
    4) In person interview with a store manager and an assistant manager
    - At this stage of the interview process, you're most likely already accepted. The hiring manager must've liked you, so you're already going to get the job. The store managers only want to talk to you so they can make sure you'll function well in the store. The best thing to do here is to mirror the energy level of the person leading the interview. If they're energetic, you should be energetic as well.
    5) Preliminary Job Offer with the Hiring Manager (3)
    - You will be made a verbal job offer contingent on passing a background check
    6) Background Check
    -Five things I believe are checked.
    -Drug Screening
    -Employment Check
    -Diploma/Degree Check
    -Criminal Check
    Citizen status/Able to work in the U.S. check
    7) Finalized Job Offer
    -You made it!
    -There is two weeks of mandatory training. One week of training in a group along with orientation, and one week of training for product knowledge in your actual store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

I applied around Aug 26th received an email maybe a maximum of 2 days later about scheduling my first phone interview which was nearly a month after I applied (first one available). First interview was great and I was scheduled for another phone interview about a week or so later. I was then told I moved on to the final round which was a face to face interview with three managers. Be prepared! Review all of the information they send you in the emails, be confident, friendly, and prompt. Be yourself, think outside the box and pay close attention. Role plays were done.

I didn't negotiate.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

Filled out an online application and was contacted within 2 days to schedule a phone interview. (which was pretty standard questions) Asked about my resume, and why I wanted to work for Verizon.
    Lady interviewer was very cordial but straight to the point. Definitely review all material they send you in the email!

Interview Questions
    no negotiating, salary is pretty set in stone

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

Very basic interview over the phone, asked question about the materials sent to your email( can't stress enough that you NEED to review over the materials) Role play was involved in order to see if you knew how to sell their item they chose.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

I applied online, got emailed the next day that said I was selected as a candidate. Cool. They sent pdf's of the job description, a checklist you must fill out and resend to the HR, and then a flyer of their most recent deal of the month. Emailed the info they wanted then was asked to set up a phone interview. Got the phone interview almost a week later. They ask about you work history and if you have ever been on commission, then they ask you what you think of verizon, why you want to work there, what does verizon mean to you? Then you role play using the pdf of the deal of the month. I feel as that was easy and feel I nailed it. Then they ask you again about your work experience, kinda got the feeling they are paranoid that you may be lying about your work experience. They keep asking you about where you worked and the dates and if you are chosen for the next step, can you provide pay stubs of the companies you worked for. At the end of the day they said they would call within the next week for a possible in person interview. They also said i did well with selling the product, which made me feel I had this in the bag. Well I didn't. I emailed the HR and called her office and left a message stating i was still very interested in joining the team. A few days later I got an email saying that i didn't meet the criteria they work looking for. Talk about be led on.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Simple questions that you should know because they only ask you about yourself. Read the Pdf's they send you and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Worked with recruiters first, long response at store level; overall, 7 weeks from initial contact to hire, an additional 6 weeks to first day of work. A bit lengthy, I had to follow up and chase down answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2014.

Applied online and then contacted by recruiter. Recruiter sent me an e-mail with the Verizon Credo (Make sure to pick out parts of the credo) and their "item of the month."

1st phone interview: Took about 45 mins and was asked typical STAR questions and other interview questions. The recruiter about what stood out to me about the credo. I had to sell the item of the month over the phone.

2nd phone interview: Scheduled for the following day and was pretty much about the same as the first, but a different person. Went through the interview and was scheduled to come into the store.

In store: Interviewed with district manager and store manager. Was asked STAR questions and other questions such as "Why do you want to work here" and a few questions about my work history. After going through the interview, I walked out to the store front and was told to sell something to the store manager (the store was busy so don't be surprised to sell in a loud environment). Attempted to sell a phone and didn't do too bad considering my sales experience. The store manager gave a critique and said I would hear back within a week. Heard back about a month later and wasn't offered the position. Didn't mind since I was hired for a position that wasn't related.

Side notes that may help you decide if this is the position for you (information was gathered during interview from store manager/dm):
    1. Was told hours can be between 40-60 hours (not a problem for me)
    2. Was informed of a "blackout period" from Thanksgiving to January where employees were not able to take personal time or vacation. (not a huge problem for me this year, but next year could be an issue)
    3. You will be expected to sell more than just mobile phones/plans. If you haven't been to a Verizon Store recently, go. You will see they sell many other technology products.

Overall, I believe Verizon would be a good company to work for. I do hope to work for them in the future, but in a different position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what stood out to you about the Credo (Received through e-mail, I didn't expect to be asked about it on the first phone interview. They will ask on the phone and in person.).   View Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2014.

A phone interview came a few days after I was interviewed. I went through two phone interviews with two separate recruiters before I went on my final in-person. It should note that I had to do a Compared to other recruiters, Verizon's recruiting people are some of the nicest people I've encountered (at least in my area). The same goes for the people I was interviewed by during the in-person.

Instead of being interviewed by one person, I was interviewed by two store managers in adjacent cities--taking place behind the office (where none of the customers see). They took turns answering the questions while one of them input them on the screen.

Interview Questions
    • In your own words, describe how the Verizon credo ties to your perspective of customer service.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

THe process was not too challenging, you have to take a few test and quizzes...they ask a lot of 5 star questions. I had to take a computerized test, then go in for an interview, if you do well on the initial interview, you will be invited back for an interview with the district manager. Overall, the process was not bad, you must be prepared to talk a lot about sales.