Verizon Wireless

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2015.

So I had gotten tired of working at ATT so I decided to apply for Verizon because I heard they had better job advancement opps, better pay, and just an overall better company to work for.
1) I applied on 12/22/2014 filled out online app & took assessment.Received an email the next morning asking for the best time to schedule a phone interview. Confirmed interview for that same day at 2 pm. They emailed me their Credo & the accessory of the month. REVIEW THESE MATERIALS BECAUSE THEY WILL ASK YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. So study study study.

2) 12/23/14 conducted phone interview. She called on time, went over resume and online application. They are VERY paranoid & emphasize verifying employment history. After that had STAR format questions "tell me a time when" think of 5 situations you can flex to any type of situation. Have enthusiasm & make sure you talk about sales & how you can sale & you should pass. After that she asked about the credo & then we role played the Accesory of the month. Once completed she invited me to an I store interview.

3) 1/9/15 went in for in store interview. Dress professionally! And mirror the upbeat attitude that you had over the phone. Was interviewed by two managers from different stores. (These may of May not be your store managers) and a HR rep who I honestly believe was the DM. Pretty straightforward. They were very nice. Same questions as over the phone. "Tell me a time when" "how would you handle this" "where do you see yourself in a yr" "why Verizon" "how does Verizon's credo relate to you & your sales & business ethic" "how do you handle stress" then they went over employment history again. From there we role played. They already had an Accesory on the table for me to "sale" to one of the managers. Just ask discovery questions, and try to get them to buy the product & you'll be fine. From there they asked If I had any questions. ASK QUESTIONS!! They want to know your really interested, and take this time to sale yourself. Lasted about 30 min. Was told they were making their decisions that night & I should hear something the next day

The next day I couldn't wait, so I sent a friendly email to the HR rep to check on the status. Around noon. Received an email back around 5 asking to confirm all my previous employments & have EXACT dates as it could disqualify me. Gave me a date to email everything over then asked a day to call to do a "final review" of my app

4) 1/12/15 received phone call went over employment a last time & it turns out that call was actually an employment offer!!!

Overall pretty quick process. Very stressful & nervewrecking so be on your toes at all times. Background check is VERY THOROUGH so double check everything.

Currently waiting my background check & start date but if all goes well I should start 1/29. So for me, process took 4 weeks.

Hope this helps & good luck!!

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle stress?
    Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
    Tell me a time you had to meet a Deadline & had difficulty

Answer Question
No negotiating. I tried but they stated hourly was set. However, commission is where the real flexibility comes in because you can make between 65,000 + a year

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Phone call, really wasn't that hard. Had to explain current job status and recent employment. I feel as if you must prepare for the phone role. They give you material to read over so, make sure you have that in hand.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

1. Preliminary Phone Interview
    2. In-person Interview
    3. In-store Interview

Got through the the second process - the in-person interview. Later that week I received an e-mail saying I did not get the job.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2015.

I wasn't lucky with the interviewer that was assigned for my phone interview as the interviewer was aggressive, frequently interrupted me during the phone conversation. moreover did not allow me to answer the question fully

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Overall ok. Filled out app online. Got a email ti schefule interview. Waited a month for an open appointment.finally got a call they called me for interview. Asked basic questions. Hours too long and must work weekends. Not cool for my circumstances.

Interview Questions
    • What did I like most about any electronic device I owned.?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2014.

While the process has not been overtly difficult, it has taken quite some time. You first go through two separate phone interviews before finally meeting with the store manager face to face. All three interviews were held weeks apart and for someone that may need a job and a job fast, I don't suggest going this route- or at least explain up front that you need the process to go as fast as possible. The second phone interview took about 40 minutes and the only difficult portion was the 'behavioral section'. Be prepared to answer a lot of "what did you do in this situation?" questions about things you did in your past jobs. They transcribe everything you are saying so take your time and give an actual thought out statement. The in person interview is basically a reiteration of the second except this time they want you to clarify all your past work dates because they will be calling your former employees.

Interview Questions
    • The simulation section over the phone. They give you a pdf of a Verizon product and the person on the other end of the line pretends to be a customer and wants you to sell them the product. It wasn't difficult if you've had experience in retail sales before but it was awkward having to do that over the phone knowing they were transcribing everything you said.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2014.

I applied online two weeks later I got a call for an interview. Once u prepare u should be fine. Easy interview the guy was super cool. Once u got that call inviting u to the interview after hanging up they will send u an email which tells u about verizon, job description and salary there's also two pages one is Verizon Credo review it, study it they will ask u question and also a page about the product of the month review it they might ask u to role play unfortunately they didn't ask me to role play. still waiting to meet with store manager

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview process takes about four full months to complete before you graduate to an in-person interview. Verizon says the lengthy process is due to the high volume of applicants that they receive. There will be some pretty extensive background checking and a couple of phone interviews along the way.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember the questions being particularly difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiation. I was told that the position pays a certain amount and it was not negotiable.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

In this order there was:
    1) Online Application
    - Very simple. Straight forward. Basic candidate information. Fill in the blank questions, upload resume.
    2) Phone Screening
    - Basic phone screening. They go over the job with you then ask questions pertinent to the job and your resume. Many of the questions will ask about your sales and customer experience experience. They will also ask you questions based off of PDFs they asked you to read involving the company Credo, and the item of the month. Be sure to read them. There may be a roleplay involved.
    3) In person interview with a Hiring Manager
    - He will ask you similar questions as the phone screen, test your existing knowledge of verizon and phone companies, and about what other services verizon offers other than phones.
    4) In person interview with a store manager and an assistant manager
    - At this stage of the interview process, you're most likely already accepted. The hiring manager must've liked you, so you're already going to get the job. The store managers only want to talk to you so they can make sure you'll function well in the store. The best thing to do here is to mirror the energy level of the person leading the interview. If they're energetic, you should be energetic as well.
    5) Preliminary Job Offer with the Hiring Manager (3)
    - You will be made a verbal job offer contingent on passing a background check
    6) Background Check
    -Five things I believe are checked.
    -Drug Screening
    -Employment Check
    -Diploma/Degree Check
    -Criminal Check
    Citizen status/Able to work in the U.S. check
    7) Finalized Job Offer
    -You made it!
    -There is two weeks of mandatory training. One week of training in a group along with orientation, and one week of training for product knowledge in your actual store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I first applied to Verizon on October 7th, 2014. The online application is kind of long but it was fairly easy. There was a couple online assessments to take that I passed immediately after applying. I got contacted by an HR rep the next morning via email to set up the first over the phone interview. He didn't call when he said he would to set up the time for the interview so I had to call him and let him know I'm still interested in the position. He apologized and said he has been very busy and still have every intention on calling me. During that phone call we set up the date/time for the first over the phone interview that would be conducted by him. We set it up for the following Thursday and he sent me an email with the Verizon credo and also info about one of their products of the month, be sure to study that stuff and have it sitting in front of you during the phone interview. He called when he said he would that Thursday and the over the phone interview with him lasted about an hour. He was very pleasant and asked me normal STAR/behavioral based interview questions and then we did a couple role plays, one role play where he was a tech savvy customer and one where he didn't know much about technology. He was very pleased with my role plays and my interview and immediately set me up for a face to face interview with a regional manager the following week on a Tuesday. He also told me to study the verizon credo, come dressed in a suit, go to the location where i'll be interviewing at and introduce myself to the store manager and let him know ill be apart of the interviewing process the following day and also to research behavioral based interview questions. I did everything he asked of me and I passed the face to face interview with flying colors. The manager was really cool, she asked me more STAR/behavioral based interview questions like "tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?" Those questions came pretty easily to me since I have so much customer service experience. At the end of the interview I asked her whats the next step in the hiring process and she said that she will be making her hiring decisions that night and i would promptly hear about it within the next few days. The next day I got a call from another HR rep and she said that she wanted to set up another phone interview with me the following day. I set up the interview with her and she called when she said she would the next day. She was also very pleasant and asked me the same type of questions I was asked previously. She then wanted to set up a final phone interview with me the following week. That "interview" wasn't an actual interview, it was the job offer call contingent on a background test and drug test. I had originally applied for a fulltime position but they instead placed me in a part time position but said i could move up within 6 months so thats what I plan to do. They started the background check that day and 2 weeks later (which is today) I got a call from an HR rep and she said my background/drug test went through and I am cleared to start training November 17th! This whole process was grueling and gut wrenching, I was so stressed out the entire time since their background checks are so extensive, one little thing that you were off about on your application/resume and they can disqualify you for the position so BE CAREFUL when telling them past employment dates and also be honest about your past criminal record or driving record. They will find everything so no use in hiding anything, it will just disqualify you. Verizon doesn't play around, their background checks are like a step below federal, so be prepared to have past W2's or whatever else you need so you can send it to the background check company (A-Check) if needed. My background check took 2 weeks to complete so dont be alarmed in yours takes that long too. I was so relieved when I got my phone call today telling me that I'm cleared to start training! It was like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders! Good luck to everyone applying and stay positive!

Interview Questions
    • "What stood out to you the most about the Verizon credo?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, they already have all salaries set.