Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

206 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melrose Park, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

I had a two stage interview. First, was a phone interview just to get to know me and my goals. Second interview was an overview of my resume and what have I accomplished.

Interview Questions
I was able to negotiate after my three month probation.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2010.

Applied online. Took about two months before I go any feedback! However, in my time there, I saw things done differently based on need. They emailed me asking to schedule a phone interview within a few days or so. A few days after the interview, they emailed me again, asking me to do a face to face at the corporate headquarters here in Houston. That interview in reality, was a job fair. I interviewed with 3 different managers that day, and got some basic questions about my background, as well as "tell me about a time" questions. The next day, I got a call from HR telling me that I was hired on at location A. 10 minutes later, I got a call saying that I actually got hired on at location B. I started at location B about a week and a half later. I trained on location for two week before heading to corporate training, which lasted 2 weeks. On my last day of corporate training, the manager from location B called to tell me I was going to work at location A. It turns out I was hired by both managers, and the district manager assigned me to the wrong store. It was a little bit messy, but not discouraging

Interview Questions
    • They weren't really "difficult." They were mostly asking me to describe a time when I had a problem with a customer, or when I solved a problem, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Worked with recruiters first, long response at store level; overall, 7 weeks from initial contact to hire, an additional 6 weeks to first day of work. A bit lengthy, I had to follow up and chase down answers.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2012.

Got a phone call and went through a phone interview. Follow by went to HQ to interview with the recruiter, then dm follow by store manager. It was all STAR question. Took 1 1/2 month to get the position.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't that hard because I was a store manager in the past and it was easy to get the position.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2011.

They barely called you in for an interview. I had to chase them down and when I did interview with them it seemed like they were racist. Then after we got past the first few questions I was expressing who I was and how passionate about life and he chuckled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coeur d'Alene, ID

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2012.

I had a phone interview scheduled. I am NEVER one to cancel, but I was absolutely unable to make the phone interview. I emailed my interviewee contact to let her know that I needed to reschedule 4 hours in advance. My contact would not respond to me after trying to reconnect 5 different occasions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Talked to recruiter at job fair, was told to go online and fill out job app. I filled out the job app was called quickly to schedule a phone interview. The first phone interview had a little trouble because the person kept pushing the interview date back ( good for me). I was basic easy sales questions. Then she said at the end I would get a phone call to schedule second interview. Second phone interview was a little more serious. I made it to the third interview ( in store with manager). I waited over 30 minutes for my interview since they were running behind time. I went to a small room with a male and female manager , they asked me questions( Not too hard). at the end he said we will let you know in about a week. I think that there was supposed to be a second part to the interview that day if i did good on the first part of the interview but i did not get it. he walked me to the door after the interview lol. Its been a week and two days. I have not heard a yes or no. If given a no which i think i was most likely given, They could at the least emailed me or told me something. STILL WAITING LOL

Interview Questions
    • Do you have verizon? Mostly how you determine to sale items to a customer...   View Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

THe process was not too challenging, you have to take a few test and quizzes...they ask a lot of 5 star questions. I had to take a computerized test, then go in for an interview, if you do well on the initial interview, you will be invited back for an interview with the district manager. Overall, the process was not bad, you must be prepared to talk a lot about sales.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I was called almost immediately from a requiter and then the interview was set up the next day. Interview took a long time and we sat awkwardly close in a small room. The job description was the longest part with very few personal questions. I didn't feel like I got enough time to sell myself for the position. Basically, we just went over my work experience and that was pretty much it.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

There were 3 Interviews in all. 2 Over the phone 1 face-to-face. I applied online. I received an email 4 days later requesting a Phone Interview with an HR person. This interview consisted of question such as "tell me about a time when." There was also a small role play that was based on information sent prior to the first interview. The second interview consisted only of behavioral based questions.. such as "remember a time when." After the 2nd interview I was contacted by the district manager to schedule my third interview which was face-to -face. This interviewer was very personable and asked questions about e as well as behavioral based questions. There was also a role play where the district manager acted as if he was a customer. His main objective was to see how i interacted with the customer and if i could "sale.' I was given great feed back from him, and was told i would here back from an HR representative with in 7 days. I was contacted by email first asking for a date that was best to contact me then on that date I received a phone call that informed me of my employment offer.

Interview Questions
    • What set you aside and makes you different from other candidates?   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!