Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
197 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – First I had a preliminary interview over the phone and then was asked to come into a store. I was interviewed by 2 store managers, an HR representative, and the district manager. Asked situational questions and then put on the sales floor for a sales simulation. An overall great experience.

Interview Question – All basic situational questions.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2010.

Interview Details – 2 phone interview and 1 face to face. it was very easy and fast. show great energy and show that you want the job. The person will be impress and wants to hire you

Interview Question – Situation type of questions. What you will do if this or that happen? how do you react or make the best out of it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotations

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Two managers in a room asking you questions good cop/ bad cop scenario cliche and childish. One asked about my sales experience in the past as if they would give me better pay for being experienced. The managers interviewing you may or may not be your store manager.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult customer and how did you handle them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2010.

Interview Details – Meet with two managers and then district manager. I had to call every few days to ask about the position. I did not stop calling because they said I was still being considered for the job. The plan was to bug them until they told me to stop.

Interview Question – think of a time when you made a mistake and tell us how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they made and offer i accepted

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

Interview Details – So far, the interview process has been pretty basic. The hiring manager was a personable guy that was promoted from sales rep to manager in less than 3 years, so it appears that advancement is relatively available. He gave me all the details about the pay plan up front so there was no guessing, and I didn't have to ask about the earning potential.

Interview Question – Overall, the interview questions were pretty expected and there were no surprises. Pretty much the norm for most big corporations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't any negotiating with this position because the base rate and commission goal is consistent for all new-hires.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details – After completing the online application, and a related quiz, I was scheduled for a phone interview with HR. I was sent an email with an attachment with info. about an accessory, as well as a page about the position and company to study before the interview.
During a portion of the interview, the caller played the roles of two types of customers, asking for info. about the accessory mentioned above. The remainder was mostly typical, questions about me and my personality, what I thought about the VW credo, etc.
The VW interviewer was very friendly, and gave a lot of feedback on what I needed to improve on, as well as bringing out what he liked. He concluded by informing me that he would send me on to the store manager at the store in to which I was applying for.

The in-person interview was in some ways easier than the phone interview, and the manager was a very friendly and knowledgeable individual. This was more of a typical interview, with some case questions similar the the 1st interview, but no role play.

I waited several days after the in-person interview, and finally decided to call the fellow for the phone interview, who informed me that they had moved on to other candidates. This was understandable, as I had no sales experience, but I should not have been the one calling to get the information.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was stating a time where I was in the position of trying to sell someone a product, as I had not had any prior sales experience.   View Answer

Newport News, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online in Feb didn't recieved a phone call until April had a prescreen interview followed by an assessment I than receive an offer letter with training information an hourly rate as well as information on a product they sold was told that I would need to sell it over the phone was scheduled for a face to face interview a week later very laid back also has to sell a product to another interviewer was told I did great and would be called to schedule training never heard anything back after various calls

Interview Question – Name a time when questions   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2010.

Interview Details – Three series of interviews. Recruiter, manager, district manager. The recruiter will contact you via telephone call to ask if you are still interested and discuss the job for which you applied for. They will then set you up with an interview with the manager and lastly a district manager. The district manager will have the final decision.

Interview Question – "what is your greatest area of opportunity?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotiable.

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – At least three interviews, one being a phone interview. First interview would include sales tactics and walking the floor. Usually done in store by hiring store manager. Dress for the position you want to have, have personality and with a positive attitude, Positive attitude is required at least going in.

Interview Question – Really not sure as interview was many years ago   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2010.

Interview Details – STAR questioning systems.

Interview Question – Meeting with the District Manager. Be prepared to wow, be energetic, determine and reply as if you plan to make VZW your life.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless