Verizon Wireless

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

225 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

Filled out an online application and was contacted within 2 days to schedule a phone interview. (which was pretty standard questions) Asked about my resume, and why I wanted to work for Verizon.
Lady interviewer was very cordial but straight to the point. Definitely review all material they send you in the email!

Interview Questions
no negotiating, salary is pretty set in stone

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

Very basic interview over the phone, asked question about the materials sent to your email( can't stress enough that you NEED to review over the materials) Role play was involved in order to see if you knew how to sell their item they chose.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

I applied around Aug 26th received an email maybe a maximum of 2 days later about scheduling my first phone interview which was nearly a month after I applied (first one available). First interview was great and I was scheduled for another phone interview about a week or so later. I was then told I moved on to the final round which was a face to face interview with three managers. Be prepared! Review all of the information they send you in the emails, be confident, friendly, and prompt. Be yourself, think outside the box and pay close attention. Role plays were done.

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Worked with recruiters first, long response at store level; overall, 7 weeks from initial contact to hire, an additional 6 weeks to first day of work. A bit lengthy, I had to follow up and chase down answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2014.

Applied online and then contacted by recruiter. Recruiter sent me an e-mail with the Verizon Credo (Make sure to pick out parts of the credo) and their "item of the month."

1st phone interview: Took about 45 mins and was asked typical STAR questions and other interview questions. The recruiter about what stood out to me about the credo. I had to sell the item of the month over the phone.

2nd phone interview: Scheduled for the following day and was pretty much about the same as the first, but a different person. Went through the interview and was scheduled to come into the store.

In store: Interviewed with district manager and store manager. Was asked STAR questions and other questions such as "Why do you want to work here" and a few questions about my work history. After going through the interview, I walked out to the store front and was told to sell something to the store manager (the store was busy so don't be surprised to sell in a loud environment). Attempted to sell a phone and didn't do too bad considering my sales experience. The store manager gave a critique and said I would hear back within a week. Heard back about a month later and wasn't offered the position. Didn't mind since I was hired for a position that wasn't related.

Side notes that may help you decide if this is the position for you (information was gathered during interview from store manager/dm):
    1. Was told hours can be between 40-60 hours (not a problem for me)
    2. Was informed of a "blackout period" from Thanksgiving to January where employees were not able to take personal time or vacation. (not a huge problem for me this year, but next year could be an issue)
    3. You will be expected to sell more than just mobile phones/plans. If you haven't been to a Verizon Store recently, go. You will see they sell many other technology products.

Overall, I believe Verizon would be a good company to work for. I do hope to work for them in the future, but in a different position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what stood out to you about the Credo (Received through e-mail, I didn't expect to be asked about it on the first phone interview. They will ask on the phone and in person.).   View Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2014.

A phone interview came a few days after I was interviewed. I went through two phone interviews with two separate recruiters before I went on my final in-person. It should note that I had to do a Compared to other recruiters, Verizon's recruiting people are some of the nicest people I've encountered (at least in my area). The same goes for the people I was interviewed by during the in-person.

Instead of being interviewed by one person, I was interviewed by two store managers in adjacent cities--taking place behind the office (where none of the customers see). They took turns answering the questions while one of them input them on the screen.

Interview Questions
    • In your own words, describe how the Verizon credo ties to your perspective of customer service.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

THe process was not too challenging, you have to take a few test and quizzes...they ask a lot of 5 star questions. I had to take a computerized test, then go in for an interview, if you do well on the initial interview, you will be invited back for an interview with the district manager. Overall, the process was not bad, you must be prepared to talk a lot about sales.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I was called almost immediately from a requiter and then the interview was set up the next day. Interview took a long time and we sat awkwardly close in a small room. The job description was the longest part with very few personal questions. I didn't feel like I got enough time to sell myself for the position. Basically, we just went over my work experience and that was pretty much it.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

There were 3 Interviews in all. 2 Over the phone 1 face-to-face. I applied online. I received an email 4 days later requesting a Phone Interview with an HR person. This interview consisted of question such as "tell me about a time when." There was also a small role play that was based on information sent prior to the first interview. The second interview consisted only of behavioral based questions.. such as "remember a time when." After the 2nd interview I was contacted by the district manager to schedule my third interview which was face-to -face. This interviewer was very personable and asked questions about e as well as behavioral based questions. There was also a role play where the district manager acted as if he was a customer. His main objective was to see how i interacted with the customer and if i could "sale.' I was given great feed back from him, and was told i would here back from an HR representative with in 7 days. I was contacted by email first asking for a date that was best to contact me then on that date I received a phone call that informed me of my employment offer.

Interview Questions
    • What set you aside and makes you different from other candidates?   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Talked to recruiter at job fair, was told to go online and fill out job app. I filled out the job app was called quickly to schedule a phone interview. The first phone interview had a little trouble because the person kept pushing the interview date back ( good for me). I was basic easy sales questions. Then she said at the end I would get a phone call to schedule second interview. Second phone interview was a little more serious. I made it to the third interview ( in store with manager). I waited over 30 minutes for my interview since they were running behind time. I went to a small room with a male and female manager , they asked me questions( Not too hard). at the end he said we will let you know in about a week. I think that there was supposed to be a second part to the interview that day if i did good on the first part of the interview but i did not get it. he walked me to the door after the interview lol. Its been a week and two days. I have not heard a yes or no. If given a no which i think i was most likely given, They could at the least emailed me or told me something. STILL WAITING LOL

Interview Questions
    • Do you have verizon? Mostly how you determine to sale items to a customer...   View Answer