Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
199 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – At least three interviews, one being a phone interview. First interview would include sales tactics and walking the floor. Usually done in store by hiring store manager. Dress for the position you want to have, have personality and with a positive attitude, Positive attitude is required at least going in.

Interview Question – Really not sure as interview was many years ago   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2010.

Interview Details – interview process was very good met with one of their interviewers for about 40 mins before he told me to wait outside for another interview with a senior mgt. But there was a mix up and I never got that interview, I got process instead for employment. Two days later I was called to do that second interview by phone when they discovered this mistake. I was more nervous but I got the job

Interview Question – Why would you be a perfect fit for this company is one of the most difficult thing to answer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

Very Difficult Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2010.

Interview Details – STAR questioning systems.

Interview Question – Meeting with the District Manager. Be prepared to wow, be energetic, determine and reply as if you plan to make VZW your life.   Answer Question

Salisbury, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online to Verizon Wireless on 3/28/2014. Contacted a week later to set up phone screen. Ended up going through two phone screens. Had a face to face interview next. After that had a Final interview with District manager. Hiring Process(month and 1/2;Not including training).

Interview Question – Most of the questions were straight forward. Just prep before you go to face to face interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations.

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – The interview process was short and to the point. The biggest part of the process was getting to a live person to actually discuss the job. As VW seems to always be hiring, the recruiting process includes a lot of red tape and lengthy amount of time for background checks that appear to take other companies less time.

Interview Question – Nothing was really very unexpected or difficult. As a retails sales position selling a product that basically sells itself because of the strength of the company and the services, applicants who aren't prepared to answer and an all questions without much hesitation probably won't get a call back.   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received call from HR and did a phone interview. Went in for in-person interview and that's where the real questions were asked. It was a difficult interview, but was well prepared.

Interview Question – Sell me something   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for the job during the interview. No negotiations.

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – First phone interview, then I was asked to come to the headquarters for a face to face interview. I interviewed with two people first the general manager and then a recruiter. After that I was told i would get a call the following week for a answer, I got a emailed the next day saying they are interested in me for a position. I am now waiting for that call that I was scheduled.

Interview Question – Basic questions about your experience. You will have to role play and sell something of your choice or what they have chosen and sell it to them as if they were the customer. Also they will ask you questions about your understanding about the documents they send you when they first emailed you about the job. Good Luck =)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I haven't call the call yet but I probably will not negotiate

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2013.

Interview Details – Job fair, do you have customer service or sales experience? Do you have a college degree? I was hired on the spot after one interview. They need bodyies, they are very short staffed do to high turn over.

Negotiation Details – I couldn't negotiate, I thought the base salary was to low with a college degree and previous sales experience.

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interviews are all conducted from a interview guide with behavioral questions.

Interview Question – EX. Tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult situation, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had 2 Phone interviews, and 2 face to face interviews, all of the interviews took only 4 days. This process moves quickly! Then after my last interview with the district manager it took 5 days to get a contingent offer then 8 days to pass the background an drug test. There is role playing in both the first phone interview and the first face to face interview. Interview questions are basic STAR and the people i interviewed with were really chill and casual. Be confident, look them in the eyes make sure your shirt is ironed and pants are starched. Also the background check is crazy so make sure you are upfront about any and everything.

Interview Question – Most difficult it is probably the role playing, "Sell me a phone"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, if you have a degree you get a higher base salary i think. or at least mine is higher than a couple others.