Verizon Wireless

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

225 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

One face-to-face interview with a manager, but I had an "in" and recommendation from an employee who worked under her. Asked sales related questions about my previous jobs and how I met and exceeded goals.

Nothing

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Representative - Retail Sales Interview

Applications are taken online, and screened by corporate HR before the Store Manager calls you. This step took about 1.5 weeks for me. The interview was informal and mostly standard questions. Being able to demonstrate corporate and cellphone knowledge seemed be highly influential.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

First I had a preliminary interview over the phone and then was asked to come into a store. I was interviewed by 2 store managers, an HR representative, and the district manager. Asked situational questions and then put on the sales floor for a sales simulation. An overall great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Inititail job application found thru Indeed.com, about 2 days later I received an assessment to complete which covered a series of questions and situations multiple choice regarding personality, integrity and honesty. Than about 3 weeks later I received an email to schedule a phone interview, I scheduled the interview and went thru my job history in detail and gave my highlighted areas and weaknesses and areas of interest. I was asked to finish our phone interview after about 40minutes to role play. I have been anticipating this.

Interview Questions
    • What was my least favorite thing at my last job and why.   View Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Two managers in a room asking you questions good cop/ bad cop scenario cliche and childish. One asked about my sales experience in the past as if they would give me better pay for being experienced. The managers interviewing you may or may not be your store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult customer and how did you handle them.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Representative -Retail Sales Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

I applied online for a local retail store and received an email the day after I applied about scheduling an interview time. The email included two attachments: a detailed job description with information on salary, commission, benefits and the Verizon Credo, the second attachment was the accessory of the month. I was told to review the attachments before my interview. I called the number provided the next business day and scheduled a phone interview for later that day.

The phone interview took approximately 50 minutes (I was told it would take anywhere from and hour to and hour and a half). There were three distinctive parts of the interview: review background information, sales scenario, and behavioral questions.

The following day, I received a phone call from the manager at the store I would be working at if hired. We set up a day and time for me to come in a have a second interview. The second interview was on a Monday (the call was on Friday). I went to the store and interviewed with the manager. The manager asked behavioral questions and reviewed my background. I also completed an assessment. I was told that I would receive a call within the week about another interview if I would continue with the interview process.

I received a call that day from Verizon HR about scheduling a time to go over a few things. The next day I spoke to a hiring manager and was offered the position on the contingency that I passed a drug screening and background check.

The process took about a month, I applied at the end of May and will start at the end of June.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to learn a new technology.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you helped out your coworkers.   Answer Question
    N/A

Retail Sales Representative Interview

At least three interviews, one being a phone interview. First interview would include sales tactics and walking the floor. Usually done in store by hiring store manager. Dress for the position you want to have, have personality and with a positive attitude, Positive attitude is required at least going in.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

The interview process was short and to the point. The biggest part of the process was getting to a live person to actually discuss the job. As VW seems to always be hiring, the recruiting process includes a lot of red tape and lengthy amount of time for background checks that appear to take other companies less time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really very unexpected or difficult. As a retails sales position selling a product that basically sells itself because of the strength of the company and the services, applicants who aren't prepared to answer and an all questions without much hesitation probably won't get a call back.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

First phone interview, then I was asked to come to the headquarters for a face to face interview. I interviewed with two people first the general manager and then a recruiter. After that I was told i would get a call the following week for a answer, I got a emailed the next day saying they are interested in me for a position. I am now waiting for that call that I was scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about your experience. You will have to role play and sell something of your choice or what they have chosen and sell it to them as if they were the customer. Also they will ask you questions about your understanding about the documents they send you when they first emailed you about the job. Good Luck =)   Answer Question
    I haven't call the call yet but I probably will not negotiate

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

So far, the interview process has been pretty basic. The hiring manager was a personable guy that was promoted from sales rep to manager in less than 3 years, so it appears that advancement is relatively available. He gave me all the details about the pay plan up front so there was no guessing, and I didn't have to ask about the earning potential.

Interview Questions
    • Overall, the interview questions were pretty expected and there were no surprises. Pretty much the norm for most big corporations.   Answer Question
    There isn't any negotiating with this position because the base rate and commission goal is consistent for all new-hires.