Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alamogordo, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alamogordo, NM) in October 2014.

Interview

First there is a series of phone interviews, then you are asked to go into the store to meet with the store manager. They will ask you about any sales experience you may have, why you think you may be a good fit for verizon. If u pass at that round, you will then come back to the store to meet the regional manager for an interview where they ask basically the same questions but really convey to you the sales aspect of the job.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with sales?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Lansing, MI).

Interview

Worked with recruiters first, long response at store level; overall, 7 weeks from initial contact to hire, an additional 6 weeks to first day of work. A bit lengthy, I had to follow up and chase down answers.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Cary, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and then contacted by recruiter. Recruiter sent me an e-mail with the Verizon Credo (Make sure to pick out parts of the credo) and their "item of the month." 1st phone interview: Took about 45 mins and was asked typical STAR questions and other interview questions. The recruiter about what stood out to me about the credo. I had to sell the item of the month over the phone. 2nd phone interview: Scheduled for the following day and was pretty much about the same as the first, but a different person. Went through the interview and was scheduled to come into the store. In store: Interviewed with district manager and store manager. Was asked STAR questions and other questions such as "Why do you want to work here" and a few questions about my work history. After going through the interview, I walked out to the store front and was told to sell something to the store manager (the store was busy so don't be surprised to sell in a loud environment). Attempted to sell a phone and didn't do too bad considering my sales experience. The store manager gave a critique and said I would hear back within a week. Heard back about a month later and wasn't offered the position. Didn't mind since I was hired for a position that wasn't related. Side notes that may help you decide if this is the position for you (information was gathered during interview from store manager/dm): 1. Was told hours can be between 40-60 hours (not a problem for me) 2. Was informed of a "blackout period" from Thanksgiving to January where employees were not able to take personal time or vacation. (not a huge problem for me this year, but next year could be an issue) 3. You will be expected to sell more than just mobile phones/plans. If you haven't been to a Verizon Store recently, go. You will see they sell many other technology products. Overall, I believe Verizon would be a good company to work for. I do hope to work for them in the future, but in a different position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what stood out to you about the Credo (Received through e-mail, I didn't expect to be asked about it on the first phone interview. They will ask on the phone and in person.).   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2014.

Interview

A phone interview came a few days after I was interviewed. I went through two phone interviews with two separate recruiters before I went on my final in-person. It should note that I had to do a Compared to other recruiters, Verizon's recruiting people are some of the nicest people I've encountered (at least in my area). The same goes for the people I was interviewed by during the in-person. Instead of being interviewed by one person, I was interviewed by two store managers in adjacent cities--taking place behind the office (where none of the customers see). They took turns answering the questions while one of them input them on the screen.

Interview Questions

• In your own words, describe how the Verizon credo ties to your perspective of customer service.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

THe process was not too challenging, you have to take a few test and quizzes...they ask a lot of 5 star questions. I had to take a computerized test, then go in for an interview, if you do well on the initial interview, you will be invited back for an interview with the district manager. Overall, the process was not bad, you must be prepared to talk a lot about sales.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

I was called almost immediately from a requiter and then the interview was set up the next day. Interview took a long time and we sat awkwardly close in a small room. The job description was the longest part with very few personal questions. I didn't feel like I got enough time to sell myself for the position. Basically, we just went over my work experience and that was pretty much it.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

There were 3 Interviews in all. 2 Over the phone 1 face-to-face. I applied online. I received an email 4 days later requesting a Phone Interview with an HR person. This interview consisted of question such as "tell me about a time when." There was also a small role play that was based on information sent prior to the first interview. The second interview consisted only of behavioral based questions.. such as "remember a time when." After the 2nd interview I was contacted by the district manager to schedule my third interview which was face-to -face. This interviewer was very personable and asked questions about e as well as behavioral based questions. There was also a role play where the district manager acted as if he was a customer. His main objective was to see how i interacted with the customer and if i could "sale.' I was given great feed back from him, and was told i would here back from an HR representative with in 7 days. I was contacted by email first asking for a date that was best to contact me then on that date I received a phone call that informed me of my employment offer.

Interview Questions

• What set you aside and makes you different from other candidates?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at job fair, was told to go online and fill out job app. I filled out the job app was called quickly to schedule a phone interview. The first phone interview had a little trouble because the person kept pushing the interview date back ( good for me). I was basic easy sales questions. Then she said at the end I would get a phone call to schedule second interview. Second phone interview was a little more serious. I made it to the third interview ( in store with manager). I waited over 30 minutes for my interview since they were running behind time. I went to a small room with a male and female manager , they asked me questions( Not too hard). at the end he said we will let you know in about a week. I think that there was supposed to be a second part to the interview that day if i did good on the first part of the interview but i did not get it. he walked me to the door after the interview lol. Its been a week and two days. I have not heard a yes or no. If given a no which i think i was most likely given, They could at the least emailed me or told me something. STILL WAITING LOL

Interview Questions

• Do you have verizon? Mostly how you determine to sale items to a customer...   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

One face-to-face interview with a manager, but I had an "in" and recommendation from an employee who worked under her. Asked sales related questions about my previous jobs and how I met and exceeded goals.

Negotiation

Nothing

Representative - Retail Sales Interview

Interview

Applications are taken online, and screened by corporate HR before the Store Manager calls you. This step took about 1.5 weeks for me. The interview was informal and mostly standard questions. Being able to demonstrate corporate and cellphone knowledge seemed be highly influential.

Interview Questions

• How much recognition do you need?   1 Answer