Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Flint, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call a few days later and was asked to come in for an interview. Got offered the job on the spot

Interview Question – Have you ever not known the answer to a question? If so, how did you handle the situation?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – People were very nice. Took about 3 weeks. I declined the offer because At&t had a better one

Interview Question – Most difficult question was how I would better myself in the things I perfected.   Answer Question

Hickory, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the district manager and assistant district manager. Interview went ok, but luckily I was referred by someone who worked there at the time so I was offered the position.

Interview Question – I really do not remember as it's been almost 5 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once I accepted the position, I went to training for 5 weeks in a differnet city. After training, came into the store as a trainee. I could only shadow people for several weeks and I had several online training courses I had to complete before they would allow me to sale on my own. I believe total training time was approximately 2 months. Plus, first 3 months we were not required to meet that month's goals, but we were still eligible to earn commission if we exceeded goals.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Internet application, internet test, 3 HR interviews via phone, in person interview with manager and phone interview with district manager. Internet test seems to be a waste of time asking for basic perceptions and weeding out potentially immature applicants. HR interviews largely overlapped and seemed to look to check boxes. In person interviews were following a script. My perception was the real interview really occurred off-script.

Interview Question – Typical questions for the most part. Behavioral situation was fascinating as manager replicated being a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – Applied online and within a week I was contacted via email to set up an appointment for a phone interview with the talent recruiter for my area. Simple enough I scheduled the appointment for early the next week. Was only about 35 minutes long, mostly questions on my work experience with a few questions about Verizon. I was told I would be contacted in 1-5 days on what the next step would be but that has been 2 weeks at this point. Not very professional.

Interview Question – What is your favorite part of the Verizon creed?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Shady Grove, MD

I applied in-person - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2012.

Interview Details – I went in three different times to interview with the same manager. Apparently he kept pulling my resume, not knowing i was the same person. He lied about the interview process once he realized who i was.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through other source - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, then a very long wait for news. I had an edge because a manager was an old friend who basically asked for me. Still the interviews were professional, detailed and searching.

Interview Question – Are you ready to give 200%?   View Answer

Coeur d'Alene, ID

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – I submitted application online and had a phone interview scheduled. As an absolute emergency came up, I tried to reschedule. I sent an email that explained my situation and that I would not be able to make the phone interview in 6 hours. I got NO response and tried for weeks to contact my interviewer. Guess it was a blessing in disguise, I was overqualified.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Panama City, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very quick. If your interviewing with other companies they will not give you time to collect an answer from them.

Interview Question – What do you like least about retail.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Interviewing for other possitions. Would not wait for me to get an answer from them. Felt pressured into the possition so i declined.

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Met with Manager, Phone interview with District Manager. I got the position but the Manager said I should I spoke more during since it was a sales experience and he would have expected a salesman to take control of a conversation

Interview Question – There really wasn't anything out of the blue, you may get some customer service and sales hypothetical questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.