Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lakeville, MN

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – I inquired about open positions and was immediately scheduled an interview. I was told to dress for business which was my intent in the first place but I digress. Upon arrival at the interview I was met by the manager and the interview began immediately. He asked me numerous questions regarding my previous employment and created multiple scenarios that I would be facing upon employment. I was asked about previous sales such as how I handled angry customers, how I went above and beyond for my customers, and how I saved a sale that was going poorly. He gave little to no reaction to any of my answers and essentially sat there blank faced for the majority of the interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I faced was, "When a customer enters, what is the first thing that will enter your mind?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a fairly straight-forward process. The manager at the time offered me a base pay and said there was no "wiggle room." The offer was my pay and I could "take it or leave it."

Flint, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call a few days later and was asked to come in for an interview. Got offered the job on the spot

Interview Question – Have you ever not known the answer to a question? If so, how did you handle the situation?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – People were very nice. Took about 3 weeks. I declined the offer because At&t had a better one

Interview Question – Most difficult question was how I would better myself in the things I perfected.   Answer Question

Hickory, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the district manager and assistant district manager. Interview went ok, but luckily I was referred by someone who worked there at the time so I was offered the position.

Interview Question – I really do not remember as it's been almost 5 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once I accepted the position, I went to training for 5 weeks in a differnet city. After training, came into the store as a trainee. I could only shadow people for several weeks and I had several online training courses I had to complete before they would allow me to sale on my own. I believe total training time was approximately 2 months. Plus, first 3 months we were not required to meet that month's goals, but we were still eligible to earn commission if we exceeded goals.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Internet application, internet test, 3 HR interviews via phone, in person interview with manager and phone interview with district manager. Internet test seems to be a waste of time asking for basic perceptions and weeding out potentially immature applicants. HR interviews largely overlapped and seemed to look to check boxes. In person interviews were following a script. My perception was the real interview really occurred off-script.

Interview Question – Typical questions for the most part. Behavioral situation was fascinating as manager replicated being a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – Applied online and within a week I was contacted via email to set up an appointment for a phone interview with the talent recruiter for my area. Simple enough I scheduled the appointment for early the next week. Was only about 35 minutes long, mostly questions on my work experience with a few questions about Verizon. I was told I would be contacted in 1-5 days on what the next step would be but that has been 2 weeks at this point. Not very professional.

Interview Question – What is your favorite part of the Verizon creed?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Shady Grove, MD

I applied in-person - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2012.

Interview Details – I went in three different times to interview with the same manager. Apparently he kept pulling my resume, not knowing i was the same person. He lied about the interview process once he realized who i was.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through other source - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, then a very long wait for news. I had an edge because a manager was an old friend who basically asked for me. Still the interviews were professional, detailed and searching.

Interview Question – Are you ready to give 200%?   View Answer

Coeur d'Alene, ID

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – I submitted application online and had a phone interview scheduled. As an absolute emergency came up, I tried to reschedule. I sent an email that explained my situation and that I would not be able to make the phone interview in 6 hours. I got NO response and tried for weeks to contact my interviewer. Guess it was a blessing in disguise, I was overqualified.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Panama City, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very quick. If your interviewing with other companies they will not give you time to collect an answer from them.

Interview Question – What do you like least about retail.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Interviewing for other possitions. Would not wait for me to get an answer from them. Felt pressured into the possition so i declined.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!