Verizon Wireless Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeville, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I inquired about open positions and was immediately scheduled an interview. I was told to dress for business which was my intent in the first place but I digress. Upon arrival at the interview I was met by the manager and the interview began immediately. He asked me numerous questions regarding my previous employment and created multiple scenarios that I would be facing upon employment. I was asked about previous sales such as how I handled angry customers, how I went above and beyond for my customers, and how I saved a sale that was going poorly. He gave little to no reaction to any of my answers and essentially sat there blank faced for the majority of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question I faced was, "When a customer enters, what is the first thing that will enter your mind?"   Answer Question
It was a fairly straight-forward process. The manager at the time offered me a base pay and said there was no "wiggle room." The offer was my pay and I could "take it or leave it."

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2010.

Applied online and got a call a few days later and was asked to come in for an interview. Got offered the job on the spot

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever not known the answer to a question? If so, how did you handle the situation?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

People were very nice. Took about 3 weeks. I declined the offer because At&t had a better one

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was how I would better myself in the things I perfected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2009.

I interviewed with the district manager and assistant district manager. Interview went ok, but luckily I was referred by someone who worked there at the time so I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I really do not remember as it's been almost 5 years ago.   Answer Question
    Once I accepted the position, I went to training for 5 weeks in a differnet city. After training, came into the store as a trainee. I could only shadow people for several weeks and I had several online training courses I had to complete before they would allow me to sale on my own. I believe total training time was approximately 2 months. Plus, first 3 months we were not required to meet that month's goals, but we were still eligible to earn commission if we exceeded goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Internet application, internet test, 3 HR interviews via phone, in person interview with manager and phone interview with district manager. Internet test seems to be a waste of time asking for basic perceptions and weeding out potentially immature applicants. HR interviews largely overlapped and seemed to look to check boxes. In person interviews were following a script. My perception was the real interview really occurred off-script.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions for the most part. Behavioral situation was fascinating as manager replicated being a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online and within a week I was contacted via email to set up an appointment for a phone interview with the talent recruiter for my area. Simple enough I scheduled the appointment for early the next week. Was only about 35 minutes long, mostly questions on my work experience with a few questions about Verizon. I was told I would be contacted in 1-5 days on what the next step would be but that has been 2 weeks at this point. Not very professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shady Grove, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shady Grove, MD

I applied in-person - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2012.

I went in three different times to interview with the same manager. Apparently he kept pulling my resume, not knowing i was the same person. He lied about the interview process once he realized who i was.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

2 interviews, then a very long wait for news. I had an edge because a manager was an old friend who basically asked for me. Still the interviews were professional, detailed and searching.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coeur d'Alene, ID

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I submitted application online and had a phone interview scheduled. As an absolute emergency came up, I tried to reschedule. I sent an email that explained my situation and that I would not be able to make the phone interview in 6 hours. I got NO response and tried for weeks to contact my interviewer. Guess it was a blessing in disguise, I was overqualified.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Panama City, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2013.

Very quick. If your interviewing with other companies they will not give you time to collect an answer from them.

Interview Questions

Interviewing for other possitions. Would not wait for me to get an answer from them. Felt pressured into the possition so i declined.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!