Verizon Wireless Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.9

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Get a phone call asking you to come in for a interviews. Ask question regarding previous customer service experience. Usually done by hiring mananger and another associate. Then they give you the paperwork then and there.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

General questions about your background. They want to know previous experiences and knowledge of any cell phone, or mobile devices that you have. They would also like to know if you have prior experience or excellent knowledge of big time brands like apple or samsung or LG.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Lakeville, MN).

Interview

I inquired about open positions and was immediately scheduled an interview. I was told to dress for business which was my intent in the first place but I digress. Upon arrival at the interview I was met by the manager and the interview began immediately. He asked me numerous questions regarding my previous employment and created multiple scenarios that I would be facing upon employment. I was asked about previous sales such as how I handled angry customers, how I went above and beyond for my customers, and how I saved a sale that was going poorly. He gave little to no reaction to any of my answers and essentially sat there blank faced for the majority of the interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I faced was, "When a customer enters, what is the first thing that will enter your mind?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a fairly straight-forward process. The manager at the time offered me a base pay and said there was no "wiggle room." The offer was my pay and I could "take it or leave it."

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

People were very nice. Took about 3 weeks. I declined the offer because At&t had a better one

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was how I would better myself in the things I perfected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY).

Interview

Internet application, internet test, 3 HR interviews via phone, in person interview with manager and phone interview with district manager. Internet test seems to be a waste of time asking for basic perceptions and weeding out potentially immature applicants. HR interviews largely overlapped and seemed to look to check boxes. In person interviews were following a script. My perception was the real interview really occurred off-script.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions for the most part. Behavioral situation was fascinating as manager replicated being a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online and within a week I was contacted via email to set up an appointment for a phone interview with the talent recruiter for my area. Simple enough I scheduled the appointment for early the next week. Was only about 35 minutes long, mostly questions on my work experience with a few questions about Verizon. I was told I would be contacted in 1-5 days on what the next step would be but that has been 2 weeks at this point. Not very professional.

Anonymous Employee in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Coeur d'Alene, ID).

Interview

I submitted application online and had a phone interview scheduled. As an absolute emergency came up, I tried to reschedule. I sent an email that explained my situation and that I would not be able to make the phone interview in 6 hours. I got NO response and tried for weeks to contact my interviewer. Guess it was a blessing in disguise, I was overqualified.

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Panama City, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Very quick. If your interviewing with other companies they will not give you time to collect an answer from them.

Interview Questions

Interviewing for other possitions. Would not wait for me to get an answer from them. Felt pressured into the possition so i declined.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Met with Manager, Phone interview with District Manager. I got the position but the Manager said I should I spoke more during since it was a sales experience and he would have expected a salesman to take control of a conversation

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't anything out of the blue, you may get some customer service and sales hypothetical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Southfield, MI).

Interview

taking a simulated call center question and answer test. An automated customer scenario would be played on head phones, I would listen to it, interpret it and determine the correct way to route or respond to the customers issues or question.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding detailed information regarding phones that I did not have or was aware of.   Answer Question