Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
52 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2012.

Interview Details – The verizon process, as far as orange burg New York, consisted of a one day, three part, interview process. Upon entering the building, you are first asked to check in. You will sit down with a verizon rep, and they will go over your work history, why you want to work with verizon, what makes you feel capable of doing the job, etc. now at this point, you are either sent home, or you move onto the next round which involves listening in on customer calls to find out if this is something you think you can do.

Now, if the manager of that department likes the way you listen (really, there is nothing to do but listen and take mental notes on what's being said and how things are being handled) you will then move onto the final interview which. This part is probably the simplest, yet for me, the most uncomfortable. You essentially have the job in my opinion when you are sent upstairs for the final part. You will meet a recruit manager who will sit down with you can go over the questioned first asked in the beginning. After about 5 mins, he basically told me I had a offer pending the drug and background check. You are then sent an email and notified before leaving that your offer can be terminated upon any inconsistencies in your resume or a positive drug test result (they are very strict about this). If all things check out, and you receive your drug test, which is free, not to mention you have about 4 days to take the required test, you have a job. Just be sure to take the test otherwise it's instant dismissal.

Interview Question – If choosing the sales department, without having actual retail sales experience, you have to really know how to sell yourself. Remember that lies doesn't fly and keep things real, steady, and forward moving.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because the hours offered were more seasonal and had me working a 12pm to 10pm shift with rotating days and no set schedule, even on a weekly basis.

Dalton, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2014.

Interview Details – Store Manager was super nice, very professional, and seemed genuinely concerned about his employees at his store

Interview Question – If I was stuck in traffic, how could you help me get to the store faster?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – HR was very prompt and courteous. Overall it only took 3 weeks to get hired; Great experience overall.

Interview Question – Overcoming your own obstacles are what will keep you down.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – You have to go through a lot of interviews

Interview Question – Think of a time.....   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2012.

Interview Details – Verizon Wireless only allows applications via online application. Application requires cover letter and resume; webpage layout is odd but may have been improved.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions. Follows the STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Emailed you an offer, no real negotiation. Accept or decline.

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview was on the phone with HR, then an in-store interview with my future manager, then another HR interview over the phone and a drug test/background check. My cousin is a Verizon manager in another state and he had me write down everything they would ask and the exact answers they were looking for. I'm not sure I would have gotten the job if not for his advice.

Interview Question – They wanted to know the exact start and end dates for all of my past employment going back 7 years. I advised the HR rep I had many part time jobs while in college and may not be able to recall the exact months. She let me know that if I was wrong, if I was off by a month in estimating any of the dates, I would not be hired. I had to contact the IRS and have them forward every single W2 of mine to Verizon's HR rep so she could get the exact dates. l was not happy about that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is fixed for every entry level rep. They tell you you're minimum required commission is about $14,500 annually, at least here in the north east, but they make it sound like you'll easily make a lot more than that. The truth is you will make anywhere from $5,000 to $8,000 more annually on average, but very few people make more than that.

Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – 3 Phone Interviews with 2 differing recruiters and a face to face with the store managers that were hiring me.

Interview Question – Show me how you would sell this phone to a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation..it was 2011 and the job market was terrible,

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process took about two weeks and half. First they call you for a phone interview. Then if you advance they will send you information on scheduling for another interview. The process overall is very dry. The questions and are impersonal and dry. On interview day the interviewer will read his questions off a template, and ask you several star format questions.

Interview Question – What are some apps you currently have on your devices?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process if very specific. There are a series of questions that are asked and must be answered specifically. Example: Q... Remember a time when you made a difference in someones life. A... You have to give one example of a specific time, not an answer like I always stop to help stranded people on the side of the road.

Interview Question – Its very hard to say what was difficult, because it is so structured it is almost absurd. The role play is probably the hardest for most people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can decline the first offer and possibly get a little more an hour, depending on your experience. It might be standardized offers now...

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – First is a hour long phone interview with Human Resources, asks the typical STAR questions:
Typical behavioral interview questions (answered in STAR format)
- Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer
- Tell me about a time when you had to build trust with a customer
- Tell me about a time when you had to forego doing something for a customer that would have helped your business but was against company policy
- Tell me about a situation where you met both a short term and long term goal

After that had interview with a manager of a store, asks you to role play and sell something that would benefit the customer. Asks what you like and don't like retail, (don't say you hate retail hours).

After that recieved offer, the whole process took a very long time however, applied on-line got a phone call a month later to set up a phone interview two weeks after that, after the phone interview about 2 weeks later was asked to do the interview with a manager. Finally, about a month later I recieved an offer. Applied in April finally got the offer in June.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to forego doing something for a customer that would have helped your business but was against company policy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!