Verizon Wireless

Getting the Interview

51 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dalton, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2014.

Interview Details – Store Manager was super nice, very professional, and seemed genuinely concerned about his employees at his store

Interview Question – If I was stuck in traffic, how could you help me get to the store faster?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details – HR was very prompt and courteous. Overall it only took 3 weeks to get hired; Great experience overall.

Interview Question – Overcoming your own obstacles are what will keep you down.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – You have to go through a lot of interviews

Interview Question – Think of a time.....   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2012.

Interview Details – Verizon Wireless only allows applications via online application. Application requires cover letter and resume; webpage layout is odd but may have been improved.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions. Follows the STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Emailed you an offer, no real negotiation. Accept or decline.

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview was on the phone with HR, then an in-store interview with my future manager, then another HR interview over the phone and a drug test/background check. My cousin is a Verizon manager in another state and he had me write down everything they would ask and the exact answers they were looking for. I'm not sure I would have gotten the job if not for his advice.

Interview Question – They wanted to know the exact start and end dates for all of my past employment going back 7 years. I advised the HR rep I had many part time jobs while in college and may not be able to recall the exact months. She let me know that if I was wrong, if I was off by a month in estimating any of the dates, I would not be hired. I had to contact the IRS and have them forward every single W2 of mine to Verizon's HR rep so she could get the exact dates. l was not happy about that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is fixed for every entry level rep. They tell you you're minimum required commission is about $14,500 annually, at least here in the north east, but they make it sound like you'll easily make a lot more than that. The truth is you will make anywhere from $5,000 to $8,000 more annually on average, but very few people make more than that.

Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – 3 Phone Interviews with 2 differing recruiters and a face to face with the store managers that were hiring me.

Interview Question – Show me how you would sell this phone to a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation..it was 2011 and the job market was terrible,

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process took about two weeks and half. First they call you for a phone interview. Then if you advance they will send you information on scheduling for another interview. The process overall is very dry. The questions and are impersonal and dry. On interview day the interviewer will read his questions off a template, and ask you several star format questions.

Interview Question – What are some apps you currently have on your devices?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process if very specific. There are a series of questions that are asked and must be answered specifically. Example: Q... Remember a time when you made a difference in someones life. A... You have to give one example of a specific time, not an answer like I always stop to help stranded people on the side of the road.

Interview Question – Its very hard to say what was difficult, because it is so structured it is almost absurd. The role play is probably the hardest for most people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can decline the first offer and possibly get a little more an hour, depending on your experience. It might be standardized offers now...

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – First is a hour long phone interview with Human Resources, asks the typical STAR questions:
Typical behavioral interview questions (answered in STAR format)
- Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer
- Tell me about a time when you had to build trust with a customer
- Tell me about a time when you had to forego doing something for a customer that would have helped your business but was against company policy
- Tell me about a situation where you met both a short term and long term goal

After that had interview with a manager of a store, asks you to role play and sell something that would benefit the customer. Asks what you like and don't like retail, (don't say you hate retail hours).

After that recieved offer, the whole process took a very long time however, applied on-line got a phone call a month later to set up a phone interview two weeks after that, after the phone interview about 2 weeks later was asked to do the interview with a manager. Finally, about a month later I recieved an offer. Applied in April finally got the offer in June.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to forego doing something for a customer that would have helped your business but was against company policy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – They use the SAR process. Make sure that you have a situation that you can speak on. Also they love presentations while interviewing

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with what a coworker did and what you did about it   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 51 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.