Verizon Wireless Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2014

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke with was extremely professional and recommended me for an interview. However, when I went in to the interview I met with two store managers who answered their texts while I was answering a question and one of them even checked sports scores on his computer while I was speaking in response to one of HIS questions. I've never felt so degraded in a job interview and plan not to apply again.

Interview Questions

• I don't even remember the questions now, it was all I could do not to yell at them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Interview with HR over phone. Then met with Store Manager. Store Manager called to offer position within 1 week. Very smooth.

Interview Questions

• They ask STAR format questions. Give me a situation type questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not neg.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Allentown, PA).

Interview

very good interview prossess

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Normal, phone and 2 interviews

Interview Questions

• Normal interview q's, what do you have to offer verizon   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation corporate ladder

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

phone interview then 2-3 interviews after that. i had 1 interview cause i knew the right person. which is NOT the right way to do things.

Interview Questions

• pretty standard stuff, overcome objections and whatnot   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation was allowed

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2013.

Interview

First I had 2 over the phone interviews , then I had a in person interview. The interview took about 3 hours. still waiting for an offer

Interview Questions

• What is it that you like the least about your current position   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Tell me about a time you had to go against company policy to help a customer?

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Medina, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied to Verizon via their online career page. I was sent an e-mail the following day and asked to call a phone number to set up a 10-minute phone screening. I called and set up the screening for the following day without a problem. While the woman I talked to didn't seem to like her job very much, the interview was quick and professional. I was then told I would hear from Verizon if I was going to be called for the more lengthy phone interview, for which I did receive a phone call within a couple of days. I passed the phone interview and was asked to come to the store to meet with two people for an interview. When I got to the store, only one of the people I was supposed to meet with was there, and I ended up not meeting with him at all but met with another manager that wasn't even from that store. This didn't bother me at all, and I had a good conversation with the manager. Not being from that store he hadn't seen my resume and knew nothing about me, so after catching him up on some work history we proceeded to the general retail-behavior-based interview questions. Why Verizon? Where did you hear about the position? Tell me about a time when a customer was unhappy and how did you resolve it? Sell me this phone or electronic device. Why should we hire you? Pretty typical and what you would expect. After that interview I was told I would hear one way or the other from Verizon's HR department with two weeks. I'm still in that waiting period, so we'll see how it goes.
    As far as the store, culture, personnel, etc. everything was clean and organized, everyone was polite and professional and the manager seemed to be very up front and honest with me about the position. There is a strong emphasis on sales, almost to the point of trying to scare some people away it seems, but that is totally understandable in my opinion and I didn't find it uncomfortable at all. Overall it was a great experience for me.

Interview Questions

• What was most difficult for me personally was that I had been in direct sales and they were looking for retail sales experience. Therefore, when they wanted to know how I dealt with unsatisfied customers, my experience was not directly in line with what they would typically expect. However, this was a minor hindrance. Basically they wanted to know I wasn't a moron when it comes to selling so I was able to show them through my selling experience that I had been able to overcome "No" in a selling situation as well as handle customers with care, tact and professionalism. I think the most difficult particular question is the "What do you bring/Why should we hire you" question. Only because it is a delicate balance of being honest about strengths and not wanting to brag on yourself too much if you are, in fact, highly competent at your position.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2012.

Interview

First was phone interview, standard questions. Work history, interest in technology. Scheduled a 2nd phone interview, this focused more on sales experience, and behavorvial questions. If you pass that, the store manager calls you for personal interview. I interviewed with 3 managers. All of of them were very unprepared. Asked a total of 3, very vague questions. All 3 managers didnt even pay attention to the my answers.

Interview Questions

• Im a 90 year old lady that has never used cell phone, show me how an Android phone works.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was on the phone with HR, then an in-store interview with my future manager, then another HR interview over the phone and a drug test/background check. My cousin is a Verizon manager in another state and he had me write down everything they would ask and the exact answers they were looking for. I'm not sure I would have gotten the job if not for his advice.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know the exact start and end dates for all of my past employment going back 7 years. I advised the HR rep I had many part time jobs while in college and may not be able to recall the exact months. She let me know that if I was wrong, if I was off by a month in estimating any of the dates, I would not be hired. I had to contact the IRS and have them forward every single W2 of mine to Verizon's HR rep so she could get the exact dates. l was not happy about that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary is fixed for every entry level rep. They tell you you're minimum required commission is about $14,500 annually, at least here in the north east, but they make it sound like you'll easily make a lot more than that. The truth is you will make anywhere from $5,000 to $8,000 more annually on average, but very few people make more than that.