Verizon Wireless Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2014
Updated Dec 30, 2014

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2012.

Interview

Verizon Wireless only allows applications via online application. Application requires cover letter and resume; webpage layout is odd but may have been improved.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Emailed you an offer, no real negotiation. Accept or decline.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2012.

Interview

The verizon process, as far as orange burg New York, consisted of a one day, three part, interview process. Upon entering the building, you are first asked to check in. You will sit down with a verizon rep, and they will go over your work history, why you want to work with verizon, what makes you feel capable of doing the job, etc. now at this point, you are either sent home, or you move onto the next round which involves listening in on customer calls to find out if this is something you think you can do.

Now, if the manager of that department likes the way you listen (really, there is nothing to do but listen and take mental notes on what's being said and how things are being handled) you will then move onto the final interview which. This part is probably the simplest, yet for me, the most uncomfortable. You essentially have the job in my opinion when you are sent upstairs for the final part. You will meet a recruit manager who will sit down with you can go over the questioned first asked in the beginning. After about 5 mins, he basically told me I had a offer pending the drug and background check. You are then sent an email and notified before leaving that your offer can be terminated upon any inconsistencies in your resume or a positive drug test result (they are very strict about this). If all things check out, and you receive your drug test, which is free, not to mention you have about 4 days to take the required test, you have a job. Just be sure to take the test otherwise it's instant dismissal.

Interview Questions

• If choosing the sales department, without having actual retail sales experience, you have to really know how to sell yourself. Remember that lies doesn't fly and keep things real, steady, and forward moving.   Answer Question

I declined because the hours offered were more seasonal and had me working a 12pm to 10pm shift with rotating days and no set schedule, even on a weekly basis.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

HR INTERVIEW then store manager face to face interview then District manager phone interview, then last HR interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Poughkeepsie, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Long, drawn out.
    HR team has lacks communication among itself
    3 interviews all with people who ask the same questions and offer no true information about nature of the roll.

Interview Questions

• You must know how to sell more than what people are looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable base pay and commission rate.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (North Charleston, SC) in August 2011.

Interview

Tedious process...phone interview, skills test, HR manager interview then supervisor interview. If they offer job,then full offer contingent upon drug test and background check which is completed with a+. Asks questions like sell me your current phone, what is customer service.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Madera, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I found out through a friend that this company was hiring so I went into the store location and met the store manager and asked how to apply for the open sales position. The manager liked me and instructed me to go apply online, submit resume and complete an assessment. The assessment was a psychology test and had a lot of common sense questions. The manager called me the day after I had went into the store and scheduled an interview three days later. The interview was a one on one with the store manager and district manager. The interview was approximately 20 minutes.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Aiken, SC) in August 2011.

Interview

I took an inside track. there was an intial phone screen, a face to face, and an offer

Interview Questions

• detailed example of a sale   1 Answer

Negotiation

simple. and i was able to get more per hour

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Las Cruces, NM) in May 2011.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, then one in Spanish to test the level of the language I knew. Got a call back to set up a 1:1 interview.

Am having that interview later today.

Ill let you guys know what happens.

Interview Questions

• Explain when you were confronted by a disgruntled customer and how you managed to calm them down and make them happy.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Denver, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

Took a long time and had several tedious interviews. The background check took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used positivity to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no. I advise others to try and negotiate based on experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Reading, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Upon submitting a resume and profile, I received a call and had a phone interview with a recruiter who then scheduled me to meet and interview with the local manager. Local store manager was pleasant and had a good vibe and positive experience thus far. Mostly job description was discussed and compared to my background in similar positions. I was asked back for a third 1:1 interview with a regional manager, who gave off a very intimidating and pompous vibe. Stressed the fact that you must be strong, eager, and insistent and rhetorically questioned whether I would "be able to handle it". Overall meeting/interview ended on a positive-neutral note with no negative feedback or hesitations. Was told I would hear back whether I would be considered or not considered. Never heard anything, or received any email/notice despite my following up with thank you emails and gratitude towards interview opportunities. I also noted that there seemed to be a lack of female representation.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle it? --In regards to the pressure that his team of salesmen in the next room endure during busy high volume days and low dips in business. (Wasn't sure how else to answer such a blunt/unprofessional inquiry that I felt questioned my capacity as a female in the sales industry)   1 Answer
    • What are you most recognizable weaknesses?   Answer Question