Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
51 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Medina, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to Verizon via their online career page. I was sent an e-mail the following day and asked to call a phone number to set up a 10-minute phone screening. I called and set up the screening for the following day without a problem. While the woman I talked to didn't seem to like her job very much, the interview was quick and professional. I was then told I would hear from Verizon if I was going to be called for the more lengthy phone interview, for which I did receive a phone call within a couple of days. I passed the phone interview and was asked to come to the store to meet with two people for an interview. When I got to the store, only one of the people I was supposed to meet with was there, and I ended up not meeting with him at all but met with another manager that wasn't even from that store. This didn't bother me at all, and I had a good conversation with the manager. Not being from that store he hadn't seen my resume and knew nothing about me, so after catching him up on some work history we proceeded to the general retail-behavior-based interview questions. Why Verizon? Where did you hear about the position? Tell me about a time when a customer was unhappy and how did you resolve it? Sell me this phone or electronic device. Why should we hire you? Pretty typical and what you would expect. After that interview I was told I would hear one way or the other from Verizon's HR department with two weeks. I'm still in that waiting period, so we'll see how it goes.
As far as the store, culture, personnel, etc. everything was clean and organized, everyone was polite and professional and the manager seemed to be very up front and honest with me about the position. There is a strong emphasis on sales, almost to the point of trying to scare some people away it seems, but that is totally understandable in my opinion and I didn't find it uncomfortable at all. Overall it was a great experience for me.

Interview Question – What was most difficult for me personally was that I had been in direct sales and they were looking for retail sales experience. Therefore, when they wanted to know how I dealt with unsatisfied customers, my experience was not directly in line with what they would typically expect. However, this was a minor hindrance. Basically they wanted to know I wasn't a moron when it comes to selling so I was able to show them through my selling experience that I had been able to overcome "No" in a selling situation as well as handle customers with care, tact and professionalism. I think the most difficult particular question is the "What do you bring/Why should we hire you" question. Only because it is a delicate balance of being honest about strengths and not wanting to brag on yourself too much if you are, in fact, highly competent at your position.   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, assessment, 2 supervisor interviews

Interview Question – Best experience worst experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing much, made offer, renegotiated slightly.

Very Easy Interview

Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2011.

Interview Details – Long, drawn out.
HR team has lacks communication among itself
3 interviews all with people who ask the same questions and offer no true information about nature of the roll.

Interview Question – You must know how to sell more than what people are looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable base pay and commission rate.

Cleveland, OH

I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2010.

Interview Details – Had atleast two interviews. One of the phone and one in person.

Asked normal sales interview question:

What would make you a good rep

Interview Question – The training program is extremely intense but great learning experience   Answer Question

Aiken, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

Interview Details – I took an inside track. there was an intial phone screen, a face to face, and an offer

Interview Question – detailed example of a sale   View Answer

Negotiation Details – simple. and i was able to get more per hour

Very Difficult Interview

Denver, CO

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2011.

Interview Details – Took a long time and had several tedious interviews. The background check took about a month.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you used positivity to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no. I advise others to try and negotiate based on experience.

West Monroe, LA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2010.

Interview Details – Horrible experience with people coming in and out of the room constantly. The interviewer could not keep his train of thought and kept getting off topic.

Interview Question – What type of sales have you had experience with?   Answer Question

Charleston, SC

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the position, got a call from the hiring manager to set up interview. This went well, so I interviewed with another manager in a different market. Than interviewed with their boss for final approval. Overall, very time consuming. I prepared a 30-60-90 sales plan for the interviews.

Manchester, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2010.

Interview Details – It was long. Two phone interviews then week later a 2 hour drive. They where doing a massive hiring so there must have been 70+ people there. I was under dress not realizing you are to be dress to the nines. After the third interview there was about 20 of us. I was there for almost 4 hours, 8 hour day with travel. Was offered the job next day waited to weeks to start trading.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was little room for me for I did not have a sales background.

Reading, PA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2011.

Interview Details – Upon submitting a resume and profile, I received a call and had a phone interview with a recruiter who then scheduled me to meet and interview with the local manager. Local store manager was pleasant and had a good vibe and positive experience thus far. Mostly job description was discussed and compared to my background in similar positions. I was asked back for a third 1:1 interview with a regional manager, who gave off a very intimidating and pompous vibe. Stressed the fact that you must be strong, eager, and insistent and rhetorically questioned whether I would "be able to handle it". Overall meeting/interview ended on a positive-neutral note with no negative feedback or hesitations. Was told I would hear back whether I would be considered or not considered. Never heard anything, or received any email/notice despite my following up with thank you emails and gratitude towards interview opportunities. I also noted that there seemed to be a lack of female representation.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle it? --In regards to the pressure that his team of salesmen in the next room endure during busy high volume days and low dips in business. (Wasn't sure how else to answer such a blunt/unprofessional inquiry that I felt questioned my capacity as a female in the sales industry)   View Answer
  • What are you most recognizable weaknesses?   Answer Question