Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.3

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied on September 12, 2012 for Verizon, 2 days later i received a call from a store manager to schedule an interview for the following week, I go to my 1 st interview and get the manager talks to me about the position and wat in consists of and then he ask me questions which were pretty simple to answer. A week later I get a call from HR to perform a pre screening interview over the phone and then a few hours later I get a call by the store manager to come in for a last minute interview while in transit to the interview I get a call from HR to verify I spoke spanish by asking me an interview question in spanish and having to answer it in spanish as well. When I finally get to the store for my interview the manager has me answer typical scenarios when dealing with customers all together and what I will do, after the interview the manager advises me that he will contact me in about 3 days after the interview and let me know if I'm proceeding to the next step he even advised me that he has been interviewing over 20 applicants which made my chances of getting the job low. After 3 days I never got a call from him and I decided to call HR to perform a follow up, the HR rep was very nice to me and gave me advice and it turned out the manager hasn't made up his decision yet so the HR rep advised me to send the manager a thank you letter via email, so I send that to the manager and a few days latter I get a call from the manager saying hes interested in getting me onboard (keep in mind this has been a month after I applied at Verizon) and I will get a call by HR. Days went by and nothing no calls no emails, so i decide to make follow up calls to HR and I was getting the same reply so I was giving up on them and felt played by Verizon, then finally last week I get a call by a recruiter and gives me the news that they are interested and are going to perform a drug screening and background check so i got excited and the recruiter even apologize for taking this long to bring me onboard this process took a bout a month in a half and felt forever. Im currently awaiting my background and drug test results, I know i passed the drug test but the background check is wat Im most worried about since I havent been lucky and failed 2 with 2 different bank companies last year and cant seem to give me a reason for why i failed them. I have no criminal record and I know i have good credit since I purchased a vehicle about 5 months ago. Im crossing m fingers and I am confident that I will pass. Overall Verizon has one of the longest hiring process I ever experienced It would be better if they can keep employees up to date and updated but then again Verizon gets thousands of applicants a day and there HR department rather spend most of their time dealing with there current employees and put less time on future candidates.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table? Please answer it in Spanish and Tell me a time when you helped a customer who could not communicate in english only spanish, what was the situation? what did you do to help the customer? and what was the outcome? please answer in spanish.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the job offer and Im starting off with higher pay since I speak 2 languages. Verizon does take long to hire people and get back with you atleast based on my experience. Be patient and its good to do weekly follow ups to make sure they are still interested in you.

Business Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

My initial interview was with the manager of Human Relations Recruiting. My second interview was with the managers of the Verizon Wireless San Francisco Office. Both were phone interviews.

During the first interview, i was asked general employment questions and was asked to give reasons why I might fit the position I was applying for.

On the second interview, I was asked more job specific questions such as how I have handled certain sales situations in my prior sales experience and how I might see myself generating new business for Verizon Wireless. Prior to my second interview, I went to the Verizon Wireless website and "boned up" on products and services that they offered. During my interview with them, I integrated my answers with the facts I aquired learning about their products and services. The interviewer complimented me on "doing my homework" prior to out talk. I thought the interview went well.

Recently, I was informed by Verizon Wireless that the first position I applied for had been filled by a applicant that was more qualified. A second email informed me that the other position I applied for was currently not available, but encouraged me to check the Verizon Website for other positions. I plan to do so.

Interview Questions

• Why I thought I was qualified for the position applied for.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The average questions of how and what you plan to do out of the gate, what you think are the most important tasks and strategies to employee working as a sole person or on a team. How to upsell a client and how to break into a new account or industry vertical, all close to on the ground tactics and high level strategy. Keep an open mind, know that each person that you interview with will have a different way to interview and goals or information that they are seeking, so things will change depending on the person you are meeting, the role, if they have a lot of applicants, if you are on a short list or a filler candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are you good at doing?   1 Answer