Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – interview process is good. the background check, credit check, past work experience check is worse than a government or federal job. Need w2's or 1099 forms for past 7 years and if your resume is off more than a month on any job then they will no longer consider you

Interview Question – Name a time when you went above and beyond the duties of your job and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process averages 30-45 days. Interviews are a 5 star format. Basically, situation questions need to be answered with the what was the situation, how did you handle it, what was the resolution, what did you learn from it. Prepare with 7-8 past work or school required situations and practice them so it can be presented as a conversation. They want to know if you can be coached well, you can handle a fast paced environment, you can solution sell products and yourself and that you are career minded. Also, let them know how amazing they are. Upper management react well to getting their asses kissed.

Interview Question – All questions are standard with no where did that come froms.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have experience, negotiate your salary! I was able to get an extra $3000 per year with using my experience as leverage.

Laurel, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

Interview Details – 2 Phone screenings/interviews, 2 in store interviews, offer came over the phone. As they will tell you when you are finally accepted into training, they only take 3% of their applicants into the interview process. Make sure not to bomb and remember how "lucky" you were to be considered.

Interview Question – Very by the book "STAR" related type interview. In store management will definitely try to intimidate you in the interview setting to see how easily you fluster. Try to stay consistent and not get too emotional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was non negotiable, Commission structure is awesome if you get in a busy enough store to be able to exploit it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview, face-to-face, 1 on 1

Interview Question – Tell me of a customer escalation and how did you handle it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – $2/hr increase from previous position based on reviews and numbers

Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2008.

Interview Details – I did a phone interview first. Questions ranged from telling me about myself, to what I didn't like about my previous employer. Second Interview was a group interview involving the store manager and a person from HR conferenced in. They asked me more behavioral questions, like "tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?"

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2009.

Interview Details – First you have to get you r resume to the right person, then you are called by HR. They have a brief phone interview, if they like you they ask you to come in and interview with the hiring manager. From there you have to prove yourself that you belong working for them, if not you done.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation is offered, the pay for performance.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!