Verizon Wireless Solution Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

3.1

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. I applied for the job in August 2015 online. 5 days later I received a request to set up a preliminary phone interview as well as several attachments about the company, position, and a product to role play in the interview. The interview was very easy going and comfortable, going over my resume, experience, situational questions as well as the role play, ending in discussing locations closest to me, more position and benefits details and letting me know which positions he felt would suit my personality if I wanted to switch the job I applied for. Within 3 days I heard back from a store manager for a f2f interview for later that week. The interview consisted of 3 managers, more situational questions, more in depth experience questions, and ensuring that I understood the expectations that there would be if i was hired at that location. we also did 2 role plays, 1 selling something from my former industry, and the other selling my particular phone to the managers. Within 3 business days of that, I was called back to verify my employment and education, and offered a position pending on my background check and drug screen. It took just over 2 weeks from start to finish with the background check and everything.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time when you had an unhappy customer, and had to quickly resolve the issue, with details as to the situation as well as how you handled it, and why you chose to handle it in that manner. What was the end result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and did the assessment, received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview, had the phone interview the next day and was immediately pushed through for an in person interview, had my f2f interview two days later, received a phone call with my offer two days after that.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that make you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Athens, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

8/11 I applied online and 8/12 I received an email to set a phone interview. With the email came two attachments, Verizon credo and info on an accessory that I needed to study for the role play portion of the phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview for 8/18. Phone interview went well and was easy going. The recruiter was good and easy to talk with. Verified information from my resume as they will do a thorough check in employment history if an offer is made. Asked a few behavioral questions regarding prior experiences. We role played with the recruiter acting as the customer inquiring about the chosen accessory and I was tasked with selling him on it. At the end of the interview I was told I was being passed on to the in person interview and to expect a phone call within 7 days from the store manager. I received a call the next day (8/19) and set my in person interview for 8/20. In person interview went well, it took about an hour. The interview was with the store manager and she was very easy to talk with. She asked some basic questions about previous experience then asked a few behavioral questions. I was able to give great insight to my morals and my personality throughout the conversation. Afterward I was asked if I had questions and we went over my questions. We then went out to the sales floor for me to role play with an existing sales rep playing the role as a customer looking to upgrade. I had to sell a particular phone. Afterward we went back to the office to wrap up the interview and I was told they had five more interviews and I would hear back the next week. This was Thursday. Monday morning I received a call from the recruiter re-verifying the information on my resume then I was offered the position. Overall it was a very painless process due to the professionalism of the recruiter, the store manager and everyone else I came in contact with.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

I Applied July 11, 2015 for the Solutions Specialist position. I Received an email July 14, 2015 stating "after reviewing my application they would like to schedule a phone interview which will last up to 30 minutes." I gave her my availability which was pretty much an open availability and the interview was scheduled for July 17, 2015 at 3:00pm. I was sent some documents such as The Item of The Week, Credo and the Job Descriptions, responsibilities and pay for full time employees. MAKE SURE YOU READ AND REREAD the documents because you will be asked. The phone interview lasted an hour and she pretty much ask me to "tell me a time..." Questions And tell her about the job description & responsibilities. An hour and a half later I received a call from the general manager from a Verizon store scheduling a face to face interview July 21, 2015 at 2pm. He had to be one of the coolest and funniest GM ever. That interview also last an hour. First part was a formal interview and the second part was a role play. The next day I received an email and 8:00 am to confirm that I will be able to have (which I thought) another phone interview at 11am. However when HR called me, he told me that I was offered the position and the next step of the hiring process. They do a thorough investigation on your background check. If they see anything off they will call and ask. They also call schools you attended, employers and managers. I did my drug test the next day. My start date is August 10, 2015 and will be put in a Hotel for orientation which is 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a problematic customer and what did you do to solve that?   Answer Question
    • What do you think your responsibility is   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation the pay is pretty much set.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

I applied online to two different locations. If you are applying only apply to one because different ppl handle different districts. I ended up getting calls from three different interviewers so that made the process a bit confusing but once we worked out which location I preferred I worked with one interviewer. I interviewed three times: two were phone interviews and the third was in person. The two phone interviews were great. Just conversational interviews going over your resume and intricate roleplaying and behavioral questions. The in-person interview was exactly like the phone interviews but this time you are talking to a manager. I am still in the process so I hope I get the job but I am confident the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about 2-3 weeks. I applied to the Customer Service Respesentative position and the Solutions Specialist position online and received a response from a HR representative asking which one I was more interested in. I told her the Solutions Specialist position and she simply replied with "Thank you." She called me the next day to schedule a phone interview and scheduled it for the following week. She sent an email that contained the phone interview confirmation, the job description, salary information, a little about Verizon, and information about a Verizon product that I would later roleplay a store scenario with during the interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. She gave me tons of information on the position. She asked behavioral questions and employment history questions. Then, we roleplayed a scenario that would happen in the store using the product information that I received in the initial email. Once the interview process was finished. She told me that she was going to transfer my information over to the store manager and we hung up. Then, the general manager called me within 10 minutes of my phone interview and scheduled me for a next day interview. My phone interview was on a Wednesday... Face to face interview on a Thursday.. And I received a call from the HR representative the next Wednesday. The face to face interview was basically a repeat of the phone interview with the general store manager and the Solutions manager. My advice is to be as truthful as possible. They do a very thorough background check, including W2 and transcripts. During the roleplay, be sure to introduce yourself to the customer before giving any information. Also, ask the customer what attracted them to that product and what they will be using it for.. Try to get them to buy the product and direct them in the direction of another product too. Verizon is all about selling so be sure to throw in extra information.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wichita, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online on/around July 17th. Got an email two days later wanting me to call the HR rep to set up a time and date to do phone interview. I called on a Wednesday and my phone interview was Monday. They will email you 3 links and the accessory of the month. Review all and take notes for your phone interview. They made me "sell" them the accessory to a tech saavy customer and a customer not so tech saavy. Phone interview lasted around 35-40minutes. At the end of interview she told me she was passing my info along to the store managers and that I should hear something back by Friday of that week. I got a call 2 hours after my phone interview from one of the store managers wanting to do a 2nd in person interview. I had my interview that week on a Friday (yesterday). During the in person interview, I interviewed with the store manager and general manager. They asked me to sell my phone to them. Ask lots of questions, and offer accessories! I asked what's the next step and they said I should hear something back by next Friday if I got the job or not. So far the process has been about 2 weeks, but by the time I hear back it wil be 3 week. By the time I go to training if hired it will about a month since the day I applied.

Solution Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2015.

Interview

Very professional and methodical. They seemed to really know what they were looking for and were unwavering in their search for the exact person. Started with phone screening. Very scripted. Then two other phone interviews with the store managers

Interview Questions

• Tell a time where you had a difficult customer and the steps taken to resolve the issue and what was he end results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a request by e-mail to complete an online personality assessment. I was called the following week by the recruiter for an initial phone interview. The initial interview was standard and asked questions related to sales goals Ex: tell me about a time where you were under pressure to meet a sales goal. I didn't hear back for a couple weeks, until I was called by the store manager to schedule an in person interview. I scheduled an interview that week with the store manager and district manager. The interview was a a very positive experience. I received an offer on the following Monday that was contingent on drug test, employment history verification, and criminal background. Like others have said, the company does a very through background check so make sure that you know the month and year of your start and end date for previous employers. I was impressed with how quickly the process went, once I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you working with a customer who didn't feel their needs were being met.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

My experience pretty much mirrors those echoed on this site. Everyone was very professional and the atmosphere was great. Each time I went to the face 2 face interviews I was offered something to eat. I was given the offer on July 6th scheduled to start on July 21st pending the drug and background check. I am looking forward to working for Verizon seems like a great company.