Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Tampa, FL

Updated Aug 26, 2015

TELESALES Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Apply online, recruiter contacts you by email to complete online assessment, then contacts you by phone to schedule an interview. They will sometimes interview you on that first call if they're available to do so. Once the phone interview is satisfactory, they will schedule an "assessment" on-site. This assessment includes several sections, and truly takes 45 minutes to an hour to complete. There are typical "I strongly agree/disagree" questions, representative role play simulations, a reading and typing test, listening and typing tests, multitasking test, and visual test (to see how quickly you identify numbers and letters on-screen). They let you know immediately whether you pass or fail the assessment. If passed, they will generally interview you on the spot with a hiring manager. The hiring manager interview involves situational questions which I'll list below. There is also a role play with the manager for a fake sales call- you choose an electronic device, and they are looking for you to talk about the device, featured, benefits, and any applicable accessories you could sell with it. I just interviewed today, and no job was offered at the end of the interview. I'm assuming I did not pass the in person interview to their satisfaction, but I won't know for sure until I've been contacted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to adjust to a change within your organization (i.e., manager change, policy change, etc)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a policy or rule was changed, and how did you adjust?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a customer was looking for one product, but you convinced them to go with a different product or service   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Verizon Wireless?   Answer Question
    • What interests you about this position?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process began with an online application and assessment. I was then contact or a phone interview within a couple days. After I passed my interview I was scheduled a face to face with two managers whom interviewed me in the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have came across a difficult situation that required you to follow policy   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application and resume online and received an email from a recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled for a few days later and the recruiter asked a couple of star behavioral questions and asked about my experience. At the end of the call she asked me to schedule and assessment at the Tampa location. I took the assessment and didn't finish ALL of the portions and was escorted out when I was done without a word on whether I passed or not. The following day I received a call advising that I passed the assessment and that they wanted a face to face interview as soon as possible. Being a Tuesday I went ahead and scheduled the interview for the following day. I interviewed with a Tech support manager and the director of the call center and they asked numerous behavioral questions,experience questions,and then had me listen to a couple of call snippets and critique and answer questions about it. I then left the interview without an offer and no idea as to how well I did. The director seemed surprised that I'd been out of the workforce for a little while even though I'd clearly communicated that to the original recruiter so that was kind of awkward. It's now almost a week later and still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Listening to calls and giving a critique and answering questions about it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online July 21,2014 Recruiter emailed for phone interview 07/22 Phone interview 07/25 Assessment 07/28 Face to face 07/30 Got offered the job today 08/04/2014 For customer service specialist . Training starts August 26 . I was a bit scared b/c I did my face to face on a Wednesday and thought I would know something by the Friday so don't worry if been a few days since face to face . I have been practicing so I would suggest to write questions and practice . It was STAR format for both phone and face to face but honestly not that hard . Good Luck to you all

Interview Questions

• If someone was upset how would you handle the call?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation it's brought up in first phone interview . You either accept or don't .

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took a little over 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014. May 1st. Received an email to setup a phone interview with a recruiter, in this email she provided enough information about the position including salary, job descriptions, schedules and a list of time slots available for the phone interview. 4 days later I had the phone interview, she went over the details for the position, including benefits, schedule, training and asked me a couple of questions about my work experience as stated on my resume. Two questions following the STAR format. It went well so she sent me another email to schedule the assessment, and 3 days later and took the test, but failed.

Interview Questions

• The test assessment details are already in this forum, The only suggestion I have is to read all the instructions carefully and do the practice sessions before you begin each section.   Answer Question

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume through Verizon Wireless career portal after finding the job on job board sites. Interview #1-About a month later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview from a Verizon recruiter. It lasted about a half hour and they just asked me to tell them a little bit about my background and "Why do you want to work for Verizon?" Interview #2- I had a follow up phone interview (about 2 weeks later) that was behavioral in nature. I responded using the STAR method. Interview #3-The last interview was a technical interview over the phone. Be prepared and know the major concepts of OOP. Ex. Encapsulation and how you implement, Abstraction, Abstract Class, etc. Also, they will ask you to do a problem solving question (Mind puzzle) over the phone which can be challenging when you are trying to figure it out while communicating your thought process. Practice puzzles will help you with your problem solving.

Interview Questions

• As long as you follow STAR and understand the concepts, you will make it far. The problem solving question was the most difficult, primarily because it was over the phone. It was a 3 part question and I didn't get the entire problem correct, but I had the correct approach.   1 Answer

The logistics of moving was too difficult due to family circumstances and I was currently in a IT position. They wanted me to start in 2 weeks and was firm on the start date. It did not allow me enough time to make the move.

TELESALES Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

I went through 2 phone interviews and 2 over the phone interviews - each was a minimum of 1 hour, they will let you know if you pass the interview immediately

Telesales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Call from a recruiter within hours of applying online. She did a quick 10 minute interview asking pretty basic questions: Why Verizon? Why this position? Etc. She said she liked me and wanted to move forward with the process which was an job assessment at the call cente two days later The assesment was a basic computer and listening skills test. Typing speed, multitasking skills, listening skills, etc. Very basic, nothing to panic about. I'd say a high school freshman could pass it. They tell you on the spot if you passed or not. Then they said someone from HR would be contacting me to set up a phone interview. She called the day I passed the assesment and set up the phone interview for the following day. The phone interview was all situational questions. Applying past work experience to the job and adapting your knowledge to the job. Use past experience from college, jobs, sports, anything that you can to relate to the question For instance: tell me a time you dealt with an irate customer, how you handled it, how the problem was solved, and what the outcome of everything was. After that interview she set me up with a face to face with a supervisor for the following day and it was a cake walk. Same situational questions and very laid back.

Interview Questions

• None. Honestly I Was shocked by the lack of random questions most employers will throw at you.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call from an HR rep wanting to schedule a initial phone interview with a recruiter. I then did phone interview with the recruiter which consisted of some questions about my resume and work experience, and general interviewing questions (which were all asked in spanish). After that she then scheduled me to come in for the next step in the hiring process which was to take the assesments.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were general and not hard but if I had to choose one, i'd pick: Tell me about a time when a new policy was implemented at your any of your previous employers that you didn't agree with or understand and what you did about it?   Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview asked behavior style questions. Make sure you give examples when you answer the questions. I spoke on the phone with a member of human resources for the hiring process. I was interviewed by another Human Resources representative and a supervisor from the bilingual department in spanish. I stumbled on my spanish and I got the job anyway. Not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very general. Really not hard at all. I think they get as complicated as "name a time when you were in a leadership position and you had to solve an issue"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. Everyone started around the same. It was in 2009 and most people that were hired were previously unemployed.