Verizon Wireless

Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

I submitted my application and resume online and received an email from a recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled for a few days later and the recruiter asked a couple of star behavioral questions and asked about my experience. At the end of the call she asked me to schedule and assessment at the Tampa location. I took the assessment and didn't finish ALL of the portions and was escorted out when I was done without a word on whether I passed or not. The following day I received a call advising that I passed the assessment and that they wanted a face to face interview as soon as possible. Being a Tuesday I went ahead and scheduled the interview for the following day. I interviewed with a Tech support manager and the director of the call center and they asked numerous behavioral questions,experience questions,and then had me listen to a couple of call snippets and critique and answer questions about it. I then left the interview without an offer and no idea as to how well I did. The director seemed surprised that I'd been out of the workforce for a little while even though I'd clearly communicated that to the original recruiter so that was kind of awkward. It's now almost a week later and still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Listening to calls and giving a critique and answering questions about it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Applied online July 21,2014
    Recruiter emailed for phone interview 07/22
    Phone interview 07/25
    Assessment 07/28
    Face to face 07/30
    Got offered the job today 08/04/2014
    For customer service specialist . Training starts August 26 . I was a bit scared b/c I did my face to face on a Wednesday and thought I would know something by the Friday so don't worry if been a few days since face to face . I have been practicing so I would suggest to write questions and practice . It was STAR format for both phone and face to face but honestly not that hard . Good Luck to you all

Interview Questions
    • If someone was upset how would you handle the call?   View Answer
    No negotiation it's brought up in first phone interview . You either accept or don't .

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

I applied online and the process took a little over 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.
     May 1st. Received an email to setup a phone interview with a recruiter, in this email she provided enough information about the position including salary, job descriptions, schedules and a list of time slots available for the phone interview. 4 days later I had the phone interview, she went over the details for the position, including benefits, schedule, training and asked me a couple of questions about my work experience as stated on my resume. Two questions following the STAR format. It went well so she sent me another email to schedule the assessment, and 3 days later and took the test, but failed.

Interview Questions
    • The test assessment details are already in this forum, The only suggestion I have is to read all the instructions carefully and do the practice sessions before you begin each section.   Answer Question

Telesales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2013.

Call from a recruiter within hours of applying online. She did a quick 10 minute interview asking pretty basic questions:
    Why Verizon?
    Why this position? Etc.

She said she liked me and wanted to move forward with the process which was an job assessment at the call cente two days later
    The assesment was a basic computer and listening skills test. Typing speed, multitasking skills, listening skills, etc. Very basic, nothing to panic about. I'd say a high school freshman could pass it.

They tell you on the spot if you passed or not. Then they said someone from HR would be contacting me to set up a phone interview. She called the day I passed the assesment and set up the phone interview for the following day.

The phone interview was all situational questions. Applying past work experience to the job and adapting your knowledge to the job. Use past experience from college, jobs, sports, anything that you can to relate to the question

For instance: tell me a time you dealt with an irate customer, how you handled it, how the problem was solved, and what the outcome of everything was.

After that interview she set me up with a face to face with a supervisor for the following day and it was a cake walk. Same situational questions and very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • None. Honestly I Was shocked by the lack of random questions most employers will throw at you.   Answer Question

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2013.

I submitted my resume through Verizon Wireless career portal after finding the job on job board sites. Interview #1-About a month later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview from a Verizon recruiter. It lasted about a half hour and they just asked me to tell them a little bit about my background and "Why do you want to work for Verizon?" Interview #2- I had a follow up phone interview (about 2 weeks later) that was behavioral in nature. I responded using the STAR method. Interview #3-The last interview was a technical interview over the phone. Be prepared and know the major concepts of OOP. Ex. Encapsulation and how you implement, Abstraction, Abstract Class, etc. Also, they will ask you to do a problem solving question (Mind puzzle) over the phone which can be challenging when you are trying to figure it out while communicating your thought process. Practice puzzles will help you with your problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • As long as you follow STAR and understand the concepts, you will make it far. The problem solving question was the most difficult, primarily because it was over the phone. It was a 3 part question and I didn't get the entire problem correct, but I had the correct approach.   View Answer

The logistics of moving was too difficult due to family circumstances and I was currently in a IT position. They wanted me to start in 2 weeks and was firm on the start date. It did not allow me enough time to make the move.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2013.

I received a phone call from an HR rep wanting to schedule a initial phone interview with a recruiter. I then did phone interview with the recruiter which consisted of some questions about my resume and work experience, and general interviewing questions (which were all asked in spanish). After that she then scheduled me to come in for the next step in the hiring process which was to take the assesments.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were general and not hard but if I had to choose one, i'd pick:
      Tell me about a time when a new policy was implemented at your any of your previous employers that you didn't agree with or understand and what you did about it?

Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2009.

The interview asked behavior style questions. Make sure you give examples when you answer the questions. I spoke on the phone with a member of human resources for the hiring process. I was interviewed by another Human Resources representative and a supervisor from the bilingual department in spanish. I stumbled on my spanish and I got the job anyway. Not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very general. Really not hard at all. I think they get as complicated as "name a time when you were in a leadership position and you had to solve an issue"   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate. Everyone started around the same. It was in 2009 and most people that were hired were previously unemployed.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2008.

behavioral interview... for example name a time when you showed/did/acted/experienced........ blank....... and what was the outcome...... you have to give great examples keep the responses short and sweet. dont lie. be honest. they are looking for someone willing/open to work the schedule just the way it is the company has a pretty high turnover rate they appreciate ppl w/o much experience like str8 out of college (i heard 75% of the training class must have graduated or completed most of college)

no negotiations everyone started at the same

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2008.

The interview process was very cordial and honestly quite relaxed. I showed up about 15 minutes early and was met by a very nice security guard who gave me some paper work to fill out. It wasn't very long or complex. I was then asked to come to the back where I answered a few questioins about my experience and personality. All in all it lasted about an hour. If I remember correctly I got a call the next day telling me that I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience where you improved efficency at ine if your past employers?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question