Verizon Wireless

Updated Nov 8, 2014

3.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Support Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

After holding the position of customer service rep for almost two years (in good standing) I applied for an open technical support position in my call center. I submitted my resume and got called to take an assessment test to gauge my knowledge on computer hardware and software terms. I was concerned I did not do a good job on the assessment so you can imagine my excitement when I got called in for an interview. The interview consisted on how I would handle customers' technical questions and ask me to also described (in detail) the steps needed to back up a customer's iPhone to the cloud.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how you would handle a customer that calls in after their phone breaks down and wants to back up their phone.   View Answer
No negotiations took place. There is a formula VZW HR department has that determines your pay increase. I would say not to worry about it. After working for other big named corporations (Disney and Bank of America) I found VZW the most fair and base
Pay increases based in your job performance and merit.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Technical Support Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Phone interview first, followed by a test you take in office on a computer that evaluates your ability to multitask, then, a month later you get a 1:1 interview with a call center supervisor. A month later, you get a call back with an offer. They use the STAR approach for interviews.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me of a time you've had to deal with a tough customer and what did you do?"   View Answer

Technical Support Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Customer Service Test and Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example of how you wowed a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Hiring background was tough, they want to verify exact days and where employed even if you worked for Mcdonalds 10 years back. Background is for a call center job, didn't even have to verify exact days when working in law enforcement. "Star" format

Interview Questions
    • You miss some excellent people getting hired or moving in company since they can't do company's "star" format of interviewing   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations

Technical Support Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2012.

Provide a detailed resume to the interviewer. Then you go over several questions where you, "Tell them about a time when." You need to answer in the STAR (situation, task, action, result) format. You'll need to role-play a few scenarios too.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation due to budget restraints and lack of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2011.

Applied online, Got a call after few days
    1.telephonic interview last for 15 mins,
    Explain your profile, basic desktop and networking questions related to Windows XP, Modem, router, Mac OS Basic.
    2.Computer Based Skills and knowledge test.
    30 Q's on IT related, typing test, multi-tasking final round.
    3.HR round-1:1 with the recuriter
    4.supervisor round- Final round.

Interview Questions
    • Who would handle an irrate customer   View Answer
    • Why would like to work as a Techinical support coordiator   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2010.

Applying is easy. Getting in is competitive. First there's a test. Then there's an interview if you past the test. If you impress the first interviewer you get sent upstairs or on the level floor to listen side by side with an actual representative. Then you get interviewed again. Pass those interviews and you're likely a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you believe that you are a great fit for this position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2010.

asks many questions to derive personal integrity and many what would you do scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • tell us a time when you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2010.

Interview process: I had two phone interviews and one computer assessment to apply for the role of Tech Coordinator at Verizon Wireless. The phone interviews consisted of behavioral-based interview questions. The computer assessment was a timed assessment of basic tech support related questions that anyone who's taken an A+ Certification class could easily pass.

I was offered the job because I had cellular sales experience and had worked in customer service before.

Post job offer: I now work at a call center and take back-to-back calls dealing with Blackberries, Apple products, broadband cards, and aspects of the Verizon network. I do fairly well every month with customer reviews, which are largely the basis for performance reviews.

In my years with the company, Verizon has offered prepaid tuition assistance of $8000 a year, which I've taken advantage of. It's a good company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when something went wrong and what you did to fix it.   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer, and how you turned things around positively.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2010.

took a computer knowledge test, passed on the spot and an interview date was set up, interviewed with HR and then a Supervisor.