Verizon Wireless Technical Support Representative Interview Questions

3.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Support Representative Interview

The hiring process is in what is called the "STAR" Format. A question is answered and the response must follow the STAR format. Situation, Task, Action, and result. Great answers are scored in how they follow this format and not necessarily how well they answer the question at hand or showcase your skills.

Interview Questions
  • Name a situation where you were given feedback from leadership and you did not agree. How did you respond.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

They do extensive background checks. Interview is STAR.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, muti tasking, leadership, experience.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. Starting pay was great. Great benefits package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2010.

You needed to be a care representative with 9 months time and title.

Interview Questions
    • Describe why you think you make a good technical support agent?   Answer Question
    none it's a 15% raise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2009.

They use the "star" format, which consists of 1. situation 2. action 3. result. For example, they will ask : "Tell us about a time when you demonstrated dealing with an upset customer." They don't care about your greatest strengths or your greatest weaknesses. It also does not hurt if you ask them questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you empowered someone else to achieve a result.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation possible. They determine how much they want to pay you.

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

It was a very hard companey to get into but well worth it. Verizon Wireless is a great place to work. I orignal applyed online and was called in for an interview with the local store manager after that i was hired as a Temp. After a month working as a temp i had an interview with a 2nd manager and the one with the DM. I had a total of 3 1:1 interviews and then a phone interview with HR. I was offered a job and had to take a drug test and they did a very extencive background check.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think that you are the correct person for Verizon Wireless?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 6 months?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of how you have helped a customer when they where upset about a product or service they have receved?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2008.

I had a 2 phone interviews. The first one was around things like general customer service, past experience as related to the job, flexibility, availability, personality fit in the company's culture and questions about specific scenarios in my previous job. Then a second interview followed a week later. This had to do with lots of technical stuff and things related to the position I was applying for. It included specific general trouble shooting questions. Finally there was a 1 on 1 face to face interview at the company which centered around most of the things covered during the phone interview plus questions that tested the way you think and how you go about solving problems. Tip: Always stay positive and be consistent with all your answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you observed a difficult colleague at work break company policies, what did you do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Very thorough and grueling interview process. Started with a phone interview, then 3 in-person interviews with various members of management. Also a computer test to check your skills. Total process took 3-4 months, but totally worth it in the long run. Wish I had stayed with the company now.

Interview Questions
    • None really, wasn't too bad at all. Just LOTS of questions.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

ask you questions about things that you really dont do in the job