Verizon Wireless Technical Support Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, went well. Asked about previous employment and typical job situation questions. 2nd part was the assessment, taken on a computer to test multitasking and typing skills. 3rd interview was a final face to face. More similar questions pertaining to the specific job. I was given an offer for the job, accepted and then had go take a drug test and wait on the results of a background check. Was upfront right off the bat that I had a 5 year old non violent misdemeanor and was told I should be fine just give them the information they need in and when asked. About a week later I get a call to go over my background check with their own background check department. Was upfront and honest again with the gentleman about the charge and told him everything. Even provided all the documentation I had avaible. He asked for the incident report on the charge as well. However when I went to go get a copy I was told I couldn't pull that on an old closed case unless I had a lawyer subpoena. Can't afford a lawyer to pull that document. Informened the gentleman that I wasn't allowed to pull that without I lawyer that I can't afford. He told me to supply what I had and they'd get back with me. Not 20 minutes later after I sent what I had my offer was rescinded due to my misdemeanor. Nice to know a disabled veteran with DOD security cleranence is discriminated against over a 5 year old charge that I was upfront and honest about from the get go.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain tech to a novice customer vs an experienced one   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

I only got through two parts, phone interview and assessment test. Having past experience with customers and taking corrective technical action is a plus. They will ask you about your past experiences and how they relate to Verizon Wireless.

Interview Questions

• Expect questions on basic communications types of equipment and some standard acronyms during phone interview. Assessment test had 7 parts: technical questions, 2 parts for personality, a timed rule following part, timed typing section, timed problem section with 3 different solutions that you need to rate from good to bad, a multi-task section: simulated incoming calls that need to be transferred while trying to match numbers   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charleston, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

The entire process took about 6 weeks. Phone interview, knowledge assessment, face to face interview, extensive background and school check. Process was long and drawn out, had to miss a few days at my previous employer to be able to complete. Job offer was given after all steps had been completed. No room for negotiation on pay.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2014.

Interview

4 steps: first had to schedule a phone interview than passed and went to site to take the assessment if you passed you moved on, for tech support unlike CSR you have an extra phone interview with hr. The last step if you make it is a face to face with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• First time hiring outside the company, they stilled asked me stuff about os and I totally spaced. She said it was okay bc its normally for internal promotions. I used to work for verizon through an outsourcing place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

$14.90 to start, great benefits, shift differential, more on sundays.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Interview

The hiring process is in what is called the "STAR" Format. A question is answered and the response must follow the STAR format. Situation, Task, Action, and result. Great answers are scored in how they follow this format and not necessarily how well they answer the question at hand or showcase your skills.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were given feedback from leadership and you did not agree. How did you respond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX).

Interview

They do extensive background checks. Interview is STAR.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, muti tasking, leadership, experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Starting pay was great. Great benefits package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (West Valley City, UT) in October 2010.

Interview

You needed to be a care representative with 9 months time and title.

Interview Questions

• Describe why you think you make a good technical support agent?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none it's a 15% raise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (West Valley City, UT) in June 2009.

Interview

They use the "star" format, which consists of 1. situation 2. action 3. result. For example, they will ask : "Tell us about a time when you demonstrated dealing with an upset customer." They don't care about your greatest strengths or your greatest weaknesses. It also does not hurt if you ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you empowered someone else to achieve a result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation possible. They determine how much they want to pay you.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

Interview

It was a very hard companey to get into but well worth it. Verizon Wireless is a great place to work. I orignal applyed online and was called in for an interview with the local store manager after that i was hired as a Temp. After a month working as a temp i had an interview with a 2nd manager and the one with the DM. I had a total of 3 1:1 interviews and then a phone interview with HR. I was offered a job and had to take a drug test and they did a very extencive background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you are the correct person for Verizon Wireless?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 6 months?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of how you have helped a customer when they where upset about a product or service they have receved?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2008.

Interview

I had a 2 phone interviews. The first one was around things like general customer service, past experience as related to the job, flexibility, availability, personality fit in the company's culture and questions about specific scenarios in my previous job. Then a second interview followed a week later. This had to do with lots of technical stuff and things related to the position I was applying for. It included specific general trouble shooting questions. Finally there was a 1 on 1 face to face interview at the company which centered around most of the things covered during the phone interview plus questions that tested the way you think and how you go about solving problems. Tip: Always stay positive and be consistent with all your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you observed a difficult colleague at work break company policies, what did you do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question